Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681460 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3360 on: December 21, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »

I would prefer to talk about the band now, past and future..  Not your feelings..

We all would.

Its the critiques of how that's done that slow everything down.

I think a lot of us would, BUT I also think there is a few out there that don't....  And why they are posting here I have no Idea.  I am not including you in this group.   You are in the other group over there hahahaha

I don't think its so much the critiques that slow down a lot of the conversation, its more of the responses to those critiques that go on for pages, where at the end we all end up right back where we started
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3361 on: December 21, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »

Some others seem to have the energy to watch you go around in circles.  I don't know why all these pages of personal feelings and debating how good of a fan you are, are part of a album speculation thread.

Insistence that everyone speaks and thinks the same way are what brings that about.

Think of the time we could save if we didn't continually stop traffic to tell admitted hardcore fans how they should behave.

There are entire afternoons and nights that go on without incident all the time.  We've all seen it happen.  Its because its about the band, and never about some supposed ruled of fan conduct.

We all in the same gang, yo.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3362 on: December 21, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »

Some others seem to have the energy to watch you go around in circles.  I don't know why all these pages of personal feelings and debating how good of a fan you are, are part of a album speculation thread.

Insistence that everyone speaks and thinks the same way are what brings that about.

Think of the time we could save if we didn't continually stop traffic to tell admitted hardcore fans how they should behave.

There are entire afternoons and nights that go on without incident all the time.  We've all seen it happen.  Its because its about the band, and never about some supposed ruled of fan conduct.

Ya I am only fine when I change the subject, I guess.   hahaha, but that still doesn't make it right!!!

I also kinda like the structure of how regulated this forum is.  I don't see a whole lot of people telling hardcore fans how they should behave.  I do see a lot of questions, over comments made that have no bearing usually or that are not in 100% support of the band.  Again, I have no problem with that.  Makes you think before you post.  Which is tough for me, especially now as I just got home from working a 12 night shift.  Bed time for me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3363 on: December 21, 2014, 09:56:32 AM »

Seriously?

It's not about the behavior because most of us know some can never be truly happy with GN'R. It's how it is. Some of these fans like to be positive about it, some day they might like something the band does. Maybe! But until then, it's all about what they don't like. Day after day. Month after month. Year after year. And very rarely, does this produce any productive or interesting discussion. It's just a bunch of _______. Expressing opinions, as they say.

It's about disagreeing with the behavior because you do not understand it. And nobody really cares to explain the logic behind the negativity other than "we want the band to succeed" and "we're fans too".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #3364 on: December 21, 2014, 10:04:23 AM »

I think there is many different Gangs or Camps here....

1. Gotta be Original 5 and nothing else fan (Uncle Rico time machine group)
2.  Lineup has to include _________ (not currently a member)
3. "Is Slash still in the band", clueless fan  (I run into these people at the concerts ALL the time)
4. LOVE the current lineup
5. AXL fan and nothing else matters
6. DJ fan (lol you know who they are)....probably won't be here if DJ ever moves on
7. Remote fan, never attends the shows
8. Over critical fan, doesn't like the note Axl hit half way through Nightrain that one night ion 2011
9. Internet TROLL and not happy with anything....probably not even that big of a GNR fan but thrives on arguing in circles
10. Huh??

sure I missed a few

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #3365 on: December 21, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »

3. "Is Slash still in the band", clueless fan  (I run into these people at the concerts ALL the time)
6. DJ fan (lol you know who they are)....probably won't be here if DJ ever moves on
8. Over critical fan, doesn't like the note Axl hit half way through Nightrain that one night ion 2011
9. Internet TROLL and not happy with anything....probably not even that big of a GNR fan but thrives on arguing in circles
10. Huh??

sure I missed a few

Great breakdown. There's a Finck & Brain camp as well. And I'd like to say there are "normal" fans who just like the music.
mortismurphy
« Reply #3366 on: December 21, 2014, 02:09:47 PM »

From my experience, there were a lot of fans who actually supported New gnr around 1999-2002 but became critical thereafter because of that particular line-up collapsing and the non-arrival of Chinese Democracy.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3367 on: December 22, 2014, 09:24:20 AM »

Seriously?

Yes, seriously. 

We waste an absurd amount of time and grind things to a halt far too often because you don't like the way people express themselves.

Look, ultimately, you are going to do what you are going to do.  You clearly see some sort of value in that exercise.  I doubt its coming to an end any time soon.

But what its gets you...is this.  The same regurgitated arguments that bore the shit out of everyone.  Shouldn't that be something to avoid, not encourage?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3368 on: December 22, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »

From my experience, there were a lot of fans who actually supported New gnr around 1999-2002 but became critical thereafter because of that particular line-up collapsing and the non-arrival of Chinese Democracy.

I agree.  There were people waiting to see what Axl came back with.

For most people, their first exposure was the VMA debacle in 2002.  From there, he no shows the first date of the North American tour, misses what turns out to be the last show, and then the band drops off the face of the earth for over 3 solid years.

People moved on.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3369 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »

This amazes me.  Its been 18 freakin' years, people.

And how are you that out of touch with the band, yet still care enough to buy a ticket to see them?  Very strange.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3370 on: December 22, 2014, 09:41:28 AM »

It's about disagreeing with the behavior because you do not understand it. And nobody really cares to explain the logic behind the negativity other than "we want the band to succeed" and "we're fans too".

Well, you've been asking pretty consistently for the 13 months I've been here. 

And that's just what I've seen, personally.  I suspect you've been asking longer than that.

How do you think its going?  Any closer to understanding it?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3371 on: December 22, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »

10. Huh??

sure I missed a few

Great breakdown. There's a Finck & Brain camp as well. And I'd like to say there are "normal" fans who just like the music.

yeah at the end of the day... i just enjoy the GNR catalogue.. we all fall in to some of those groups ..but at the end of the day despite my feelings about how things played out over the years.. I enjoy the songs the same today as I do then

the songs stood the test of time

its all subjective too... If somebody says DJ Ashba is the best guitar player the band ever had... how can I tell him or her shes wrong? even if it is lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3372 on: December 22, 2014, 10:18:21 AM »

its all subjective too... If somebody says DJ Ashba is the best guitar player the band ever had... how can I tell him or her shes wrong? even if it is lol

Hahahaha

I feel the same when I see people label CD as the album of the decade, the best GNR album ever, or some other such over the top praise.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3373 on: December 22, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »

Hahahaha

I feel the same when I see people label CD as the album of the decade, the best GNR album ever, or some other such over the top praise.

Well to the person who says CD is their favorite GNR album ever... that's fine.. .because I don't compare it to other GNR records.

BTW... Merry Xmas, Hannukah, Kwanza and a Happy New Year to everybody on the board
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:42:25 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3374 on: December 22, 2014, 10:44:53 AM »

We waste an absurd amount of time and grind things to a halt far too often because you don't like the way people express themselves.

Imagine if certain people acted just a bit more like fans and tried just a a little less to be objective reviewers.

Well, you've been asking pretty consistently for the 13 months I've been here. 

And that's just what I've seen, personally.  I suspect you've been asking longer than that.

How do you think its going?  Any closer to understanding it?

I think I understood it a long time ago, but every time I present my theory, people get upset. And yet offer no better theory or reason. Cheesy

This amazes me.  Its been 18 freakin' years, people.

And how are you that out of touch with the band, yet still care enough to buy a ticket to see them?  Very strange.

Every major concert has these people attending.
It's entertainment. Woooooohooooo! Rock n' roll! There wasn't supposed to be a test damn it!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3375 on: December 22, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »

Imagine if certain people acted just a bit more like fans and tried just a a little less to be objective reviewers.

You are never going to change them though.

Ask yourself this.  All this supposed desire to understand the "negativity".  Is there anything anyone could even tell you on that front that would get you to understand it?  Is there some magic explanation where you are going to concede they have a point?  Of course not.  There is no real answer to this question you claim to need to have cleared up.

Isn't the real endgame of this supposed journey to a better understanding to get people to change and accept the definition fandom as you see fit?  Is that likely?  Hey, I'd like for you to be less of a stepford wife.  But I'm not going to piss into the wind and think that's ever going to happen.  Nor spend entire pages of threads trying to convert you.

Sometimes, you shake your head and smile, and shrug your shoulders.  You accept it and move on.  That's life.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3376 on: December 22, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »

Hahahaha

Well to the person who says CD is their favorite GNR album ever... that's fine.. .because I don't compare it to other GNR records.

BTW... Merry Xmas, Hannukah, Kwanza and a Happy New Year to everybody on the board

I'm offended.

I celebrate Festivus....for the rest of us! Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3377 on: December 22, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »

Hahahaha

I'm offended.

Hahaha My apologies

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3378 on: December 22, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »

Hahahaha

I'm offended.

AS I RAINED BLOWS DOWN UPON HIM...I realized there had to be a better way!

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3379 on: December 22, 2014, 02:35:21 PM »

Axl called The General the spiritual 'sequel' to Estranged, lyric-wise.  This has me utterly curious as to the subject matter of this song.  From the title, you would imagine that it has to do with Axl's journey in Guns N' Roses. 

However, the song was recorded around 2002.  I wonder if the lyrics are still the same in 2015, or if Axl has since updated the song's sentiments, if you will, in more recent recording sessions.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:40:45 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: