Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681081 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3320 on: December 19, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »

I agree the 1992 summer stadium tour is them at their most over the top.  And I loved it.

I've seen this band, in all it's various incarnations, well over a dozen times, starting back in 1988 at the Orange County fairgrounds in NY (opening for Aerosmith). I've seen every show in CT, with ONE exception (the last one they did...I think I was either in, or just back from, Orlando at the time).

I think the 2 stadium shows I saw in 1992..one at Giants Stadium (the one on July 18th), one at Foxborough (in September)....might be my favorite GnR shows UNTIL I saw them at the Roseland in 2012.  And even then, it's close (Roseland wins, for me, simply because of the small venue and intimacy). Some of the Hammerstein shows were close, for me, too.

I know there are all sorts of people who bag on that Foxborough show, and even the Roseland or Hammerstein shows.....but there you go.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3321 on: December 19, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »

I have that 7.18.92 Giants Stadium audio bootleg.  Really good show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3322 on: December 19, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »

But you reflexively blame the world, not the band.  No matter what comes up, you are alternate theory guy.  You never fail to come up with an array of alternate reasons some thing happened or didn't, but you can be damn sure it will never be that the band or Axl screwed up.

Yeah, I choose to believe people who were there instead of people writing about what they thought happened. Smiley

You see that as noble, loyal fandom.  Many of us see that as being a lapdog apologist.  That difference in perception is the crux of most disagreements around here.  The root of all conversations that go off the rails are once you start trying to tell people what sort of fan you consider them to be, as if anyone ever asked you.  Or cares.

Partly yes. It's true, I assume GN'R fans would take that "side" so to speak. Because on the other side, is the rest of the world. If I wanna hear what the rest of the world thinks of GN'R, I wouldn't go to a GN'R fan site.

I had no issues with the Las Vegas stage show.  Sure, it was over the top and a bit of a spectacle.  But that's Vegas.

Not for nothing, its also this band.  This is a band that has always employed stuff like that in their shows.  Pryo, inflatable monsters, strobe lights, lasers. 

I like that stuff at rock shows.  It should be a spectacle.

Exactly.

One one hand people say it's only rock n' roll and not serious. But when the band runs with that theme, it's suddenly bad?  hihi

But productive discussion, not just, you're not an insider, you don't have facts, you're not the record company kind of discussion.  That's pretty pointless, IMO.

I've tried productive.
Example: Somebody says they don't like something. Somebody else offers an explanation. First person disregards it and keeps pointing out that they don't like something.

Your point, yeah that's true. You can say "you don't know that", but how often do people say "true, I don't know it. What else is possible besides my own theory?". Not very often. Instead people get defensive and upset when asked about their opinion and where it comes from.

Usually there's a because. That gets ignored.
It's a powerful word, because. "You don't know shit" -> "You don't know shit, because you're not informed about the details of the subject". See? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3323 on: December 19, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »

But productive discussion, not just, you're not an insider, you don't have facts, you're not the record company kind of discussion.  That's pretty pointless, IMO.

I've tried productive.
Example: Somebody says they don't like something. Somebody else offers an explanation. First person disregards it and keeps pointing out that they don't like something.

Your point, yeah that's true. You can say "you don't know that", but how often do people say "true, I don't know it. What else is possible besides my own theory?". Not very often. Instead people get defensive and upset when asked about their opinion and where it comes from.

It's a powerful word, because. "You don't know shit" -> "You don't know shit, because you're not informed about the details of the subject". See? Wink

/jarmo

Ok, but you still didn't answer my questions (which are not negative, btw).  Just trying to have a discussion.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3324 on: December 19, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »

You mean these?

To me, it's not weird to want this band to succeed, while at the same time, questioning some of their decisions (i.e. what's up with Ron, why do some members seem more excited for their "side" projects, why was Duff's interview canceled, how come answers are very cryptic - "we’re going to start looking very seriously at what we’re doing in that regard", etc.).

I don't know.
I don't know if they are more excited. I think people are always excited about the present. So if they are presently working on solo stuff, of course it would seem more exciting.
No idea about Duff's interview. Could be a scheduling conflict.
What's cryptic about that quote? Looks pretty straight forward to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3325 on: December 19, 2014, 12:14:43 PM »

But you reflexively blame the world, not the band.  No matter what comes up, you are alternate theory guy.  You never fail to come up with an array of alternate reasons some thing happened or didn't, but you can be damn sure it will never be that the band or Axl screwed up.

Yeah, I choose to believe people who were there instead of people writing about what they thought happened.

But your overall stance is not credible.  The sheer law of average would dictate something along the line that went bad falls on Axl or the band.

Much as I would say that anyone that blames Axl or the band at all times has no credibility, neither does anyone that always some sort of boogeyman to deflect blame.

Absolutes are for zealots that live in their own reality. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3326 on: December 19, 2014, 12:17:06 PM »

I've tried productive.

But when in doubt, you just try and big time people.

We have an opinion.  You have an opinion.  Stalemate. 

So then you give us the "I was there" or "I know things you don't" routine.  We are then supposed to cower back in the corner because you are on the inside and we are not.

Piss on that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3327 on: December 19, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »

But your overall stance is not credible.  The sheer law of average would dictate something along the line that went bad falls on Axl or the band.

Much as I would say that anyone that blames Axl or the band at all times has no credibility, neither does anyone that always some sort of boogeyman to deflect blame.

I don't get a kick out of pointing fingers. Every decision ever made was based on something. You might not like it and keep pointing it out. I have faith and respect for the people involved so I know they did what they thought was the right thing at that time.

Your favorite thing to bring up is the lack of promotion for the album. Axl made a choice. You don't like it fine. I don't have a problem with it. It's his choice and I respect it.

But when in doubt, you just try and big time people.

We have an opinion.  You have an opinion.  Stalemate. 

So then you give us the "I was there" or "I know things you don't" routine.  We are then supposed to cower back in the corner because you are on the inside and we are not.

Piss on that.

No, even in this exact thread I've asked you guys, nicely, to explain yourselves. And one more time, here we are talking about me. That's right.

You say things, I say things, you say something else and ignore what I asked, I point it out, you start going on about how you're done or want me to not reply to you or who you're treated wrong. If you want to discuss, act like it. This is not some kind of digital diarrhea where everybody just looks at the crap that comes out of you without asking what you're doing.

Your go to move is to ignore, joke and then play the victim. All the time when you want the topic to go somewhere else because, for some reason, you don't wanna discuss anymore. It's convenient.
I'm not mean, I'm straightforward. No bullshit, just to the point. Maybe that offends you, I'm sorry. Not good at chit chat.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3328 on: December 19, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »

This conversation is in dire need of RedneckRudy chiming in and telling us we all need to turn on Scraped and smoke a doobie because its the greatest rocker song of all time

LOL

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #3329 on: December 19, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »

You mean these?

To me, it's not weird to want this band to succeed, while at the same time, questioning some of their decisions (i.e. what's up with Ron, why do some members seem more excited for their "side" projects, why was Duff's interview canceled, how come answers are very cryptic - "we?re going to start looking very seriously at what we?re doing in that regard", etc.).

I don't know.
I don't know if they are more excited. I think people are always excited about the present. So if they are presently working on solo stuff, of course it would seem more exciting.
No idea about Duff's interview. Could be a scheduling conflict.
What's cryptic about that quote? Looks pretty straight forward to me.

/jarmo

Thanks.  The quote, to me, is cryptic in the sense that it doesn?t really say that he is going to release new music, or wants to release new music.  It creates that impression, for sure, but it?s ambiguous enough to provide cover so that, if it never comes out, he can say ?hey I never said I was going to release it.? 
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #3330 on: December 19, 2014, 01:19:07 PM »

Yeah, I choose to believe people who were there instead of people writing about what they thought happened. Smiley

But what about the people that were there, and wrote things that were critical and/or questioning of the band?  Chinese Whispers is filled with interviews from people that were there (techs, managers, band members) and not all of them had glowing things to say.  Do you dismiss those quotes because those people are no longer associated with the band?  Are they now all biased and against the band?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3331 on: December 19, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »

Your favorite thing to bring up is the lack of promotion for the album. Axl made a choice. You don't like it fine. I don't have a problem with it. It's his choice and I respect it.

Holy shit.  You know what, this is progress.

Don't misunderstand me on this.  I'm not asking you to shit on the band.  All I ever really roll my eyes at are the lack of these sorts of responses.  

This is you telling me that it was on Axl.  We are actually in agreement.  We may disagree about the wisdom of that move, but at least we can agree about who made the call.

Its a festivus miracle!

No, even in this exact thread I've asked you guys, nicely, to explain yourselves. And one more time, here we are talking about me. That's right.

You're a superstar, pal.  Embrace it.

This grand explanation you claim to still be searching for is not exactly hidden away in some dark corner.

You don't understand how we can't just accept everything that comes down from on high as the right move.  Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't.  And if we don't, its not that we are claiming to have the answers, that we are experts, that all would be right in GNR land if Axl just listened to us.  Its not that.  Its just that sometimes, some moves make us scratch our heads.  So we ask other fans if they share that opinion.

You tend to have no interest in such talk, as you've said time and again.  I'm sure you don't.  You have a very good motivation to not want to rock that boat.  We're not blind to that, and everyone that posts here knows and accepts it.  But you must also realize that since we are not direct beneficiaries of Axl Rose, we can speak a bit freer than you can.  He's not paying our server costs.  He's not granting us backstage access.  We are free to ask some hard questions you obviously have little interest pursuing, because what in that for you? We get that.

But its sort of on you to understand that you and I, or anyone else here, is not looking at this through the same eyes.  I don't happen to share the opinion that if given the sweet deal you've been granted we would not act the same way.  I think its easy to say that if you've never gotten the chance to see what you'd do.

To make a long story short (too late) you expect us to share your level of devotion to the cause, only absent the perks that make you view everything through that prism.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3332 on: December 19, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »

Thanks.  The quote, to me, is cryptic in the sense that it doesn?t really say that he is going to release new music, or wants to release new music.  It creates that impression, for sure, but it?s ambiguous enough to provide cover so that, if it never comes out, he can say ?hey I never said I was going to release it.? 

Well there's no guarantees. Think about it. How many things in your life are solely based on what you want to do? Maybe the cup of coffee in the morning is.
When others get involved and it's not only about what you want and when you want anymore. Would it be fair to claim you never wanted something that didn't happen the way you had hoped for? Of course not.

He could just say "I changed my mind". What are you gonna do? It's his music and his choice. I know it's not fun to hear that, but that's what it is.... No complaints in the world are gonna help. Smiley

But what about the people that were there, and wrote things that were critical and/or questioning of the band?  Chinese Whispers is filled with interviews from people that were there (techs, managers, band members) and not all of them had glowing things to say.  Do you dismiss those quotes because those people are no longer associated with the band?  Are they now all biased and against the band?

I don't dismiss them based on that. But you have to keep in mind, if you were part of something, and then suddenly you're not. Some people move on, others get upset and want to vent. Human nature.

There's always a reason why some people prefer to be unnamed sources....

I'd also like to point out that the people who are in the band, or who say positive things, why is it so hard to believe? Since when does Axl lie?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3333 on: December 19, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »

This conversation is in dire need of RedneckRudy chiming in and telling us we all need to turn on Scraped and smoke a doobie because its the greatest rocker song of all time

LOL

Home for a month on Christmas vacation, unfortunately.

Says he has no internet access either.  For a month.  I'd pretty much kill myself.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3334 on: December 19, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »

This is you telling me that it was on Axl.  We are actually in agreement.  We may disagree about the wisdom of that move, but at least we can agree about who made the call.

Wait, since when have been been arguing about the fact that Axl makes his own decisions? And other times he doesn't but gets the blame...

Its just that sometimes, some moves make us scratch our heads.  So we ask other fans if they share that opinion.

Other fans share their opinion and you make jokes about it. Or just ignore it.

But you must also realize that since we are not direct beneficiaries of Axl Rose, we can speak a bit freer than you can.  He's not paying our server costs.  He's not granting us backstage access.  We are free to ask some hard questions you obviously have little interest pursuing, because what in that for you?

You really don't have a clue.

Here you are, presenting the theory that I'm not speaking freely because of whatever nonsense makes sense to you. Maybe I just have a different opinion because I have different experiences than you?

There's another difference as well. It's spelled respect.  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3335 on: December 19, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »

Wait, since when have been been arguing about the fact that Axl makes his own decisions? And other times he doesn't but gets the blame...

You seem to approach a lot of things from a starting point that it can't possibly be on Axl.  You tend to have no shortage of other culprits we should be looking at.

We are always frequently going to disagree on the wisdom of some of his decisions, but its often like pulling teeth to even get you to concede it was on Axl.

A lot of your posts come across like Axl is just a helpless pawn in the tortuous chessboard that is his career.  And a lot of us often find that a bit goofy. 

Other fans share their opinion and you make jokes about it. Or just ignore it.

I make jokes about everything. 

This is not SERIOUS BUSINESS.  Its the comings and goings of a rock band I like.

You really don't have a clue.

Here you are, presenting the theory that I'm not speaking freely because of whatever nonsense makes sense to you. Maybe I just have a different opinion because I have different experiences than you?

There's another difference as well. It's spelled respect.

Maybe. 

Or maybe its the things I said that you just quoted right there.

Practice what you preach, soldier.  Respect my differing opinion.  Lead by example.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3336 on: December 19, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »

You seem to approach a lot of things from a starting point that it can't possibly be on Axl.  You tend to have no shortage of other culprits we should be looking at.

I even explained earlier in this thread that I know people make decisions based on their facts and/or situation at the moment in time when the decision is made.  You on the other hand like to point out all the things you don't agree with and disregard whatever reason(s) was behind the decision. Doesn't matter, as long as you can point out that you don't agree and how wrong it was.

Again, I don't find that constructive.

This is not SERIOUS BUSINESS.  Its the comings and goings of a rock band I like.

If everything is a joke to you, then you might as well leave straight away.

I'm talking about your lack of interest in actual discussions. You just the smart ass joke tactic when you don't want to answer or discuss.

Or maybe its the things I said that you just quoted right there.

Probably not.

Practice what you preach, soldier.  Respect my differing opinion.  Lead by example.

Didn't say I had respect for you. I was talking about he people this site is about.

It's hard to respect a clown who runs away every time things get too much for him to handle.
No disrespect, but since you think everything is a joke, doesn't that make some kind of joker or clown? Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3337 on: December 19, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »

I even explained earlier in this thread that I know people make decisions based on their facts and/or situation at the moment in time when the decision is made.  You on the other hand like to point out all the things you don't agree with and disregard whatever reason(s) was behind the decision. Doesn't matter, as long as you can point out that you don't agree and how wrong it was.

Again, I don't find that constructive.

So skip 'em.

I really don't know what else to tell you.  I'm not going to stop saying it.  You aren't going to stop being unhappy with it.  What's the endgame there?

On the other hand, many more people here seem to enjoy such conversations.  They ain't a-goin' nowhere.

I skipped the rest of your post, because it was just another restating of why you don't like me.  Not interested.  Heard it so many times, I could type out your responses myself.  And still searching for a fuck to give.  I'll keep you posted.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3338 on: December 19, 2014, 02:41:25 PM »

It's DISCUSSION!!!!!!

You want me to skip your compl.... you expressing your opinions. What kind of discussion are you after?

You have a funny way of showing that you don't care. Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3339 on: December 19, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »

It's DISCUSSION!!!!!!

The first part was.  And I responded to it.

The rest was just you calling me more mean names.  Which, would be swell...if we were 8.  But we're not.  Zero interest.

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: