Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:27:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680673 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3280 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »

Regarding other bands' fans, maybe they're actually supportive of the bands they love instead of spending all their time online spreading their negativity in the name of so called objectivity?
People like to post all kinds of shit and if anybody in the band, or working for them, says something about it, there these people are butt hurt about it.  Smiley

Are you actually saying that Guns N' Roses fans, with their 'negativity' (god, you love that word, don't you?) are set apart, completely different, from the millions upon millions of fans who support other bands (some of which, are bigger than Guns)?

Duh, obviously.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #3281 on: December 18, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »

I am beginning to see the Jarmo philosophy: everything is unique with Guns and we know nothing so should not talk about stuff we do not know.

- Every other bands' fans support their bands, but, of the millions of fans of musical acts who have ever existed, Guns fans are truly truly unique by sprouting 'negativity'. We are special. This is why censorship is required, to keep us plebs in check. Metallica and Kiss fans did not need censorship because their fans supported their bands. Napster-gate? Kiss coffins? The fans truly supported those decisions.

- Every other band releases albums. Guns are unique in, not releasing albums but we know nothing so have no cause to speculate on the reasons why. If there is a reason it is certainly not Axl's fault but some corporate whimmy whammy record company/managerial fudge (which does not even make sense when analysed factually - but we roll with it here).

- Axl is so special that Eddie Trunk completely changes his, normally open and inquisitive, interviewing style. There is no reason for this than, Trunk was tired and it was 'lighthearted'. Well if those are not the reasons, we can always fall back on, ''we know nothing''. Let's forget the fact that Trunk resumed his normal style of interviewing, the very next day.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #3282 on: December 18, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »

I am beginning to see the Jarmo philosophy: everything is unique with Guns and we know nothing so should not talk about stuff we do not know.

- Every other bands' fans support their bands, but, of the millions of fans of musical acts who have ever existed, Guns fans are truly truly unique by sprouting 'negativity'. We are special. This is why censorship is required, to keep us plebs in check. Metallica and Kiss fans did not need censorship because their fans supported their bands. Napster-gate? Kiss coffins? The fans truly supported those decisions.

- Every other band releases albums. Guns are unique in, not releasing albums but we know nothing so have no cause to speculate on the reasons why. If there is a reason it is certainly not Axl's fault but some corporate whimmy whammy record company/managerial fudge (which does not even make sense when analysed factually - but we roll with it here).

- Axl is so special that Eddie Trunk completely changes his, normally open and inquisitive, interviewing style. There is no reason for this than, Trunk was tired and it was 'lighthearted'. Well if those are not the reasons, we can always fall back on, ''we know nothing''. Let's forget the fact that Trunk resumed his normal style of interviewing, the very next day.

I see a -1 Karma in your future.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3283 on: December 18, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »

Hahahaha.  Lot of good stuff here.  

I had forgotten about the KISS coffins.  Imagine how that plays here.

Its funny to me that "fans" of the band would be so negative about something the band is trying to do to give their fans a proper sendoff.  That's funny to me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3284 on: December 18, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »

Did not see the Australian one.  Did read the LA Times one.

So you didn't read all of them. Smiley

When asked about making the album, he is likely to start talking about the long and tortured process, which leads to sidebars about how everyone is screwing him.

And that bothers you because? If that's what he'd say, it's his opinion.

But this is not a Slash specific premise.  Due to the scarcity of his availability, Axl has made himself something of a get.  Throuhg over exposure, that exclusivity would wear off.  But while you have it, why not use it?  Do you seriously think if he said he wanted to give someone an interview, they turn it down because he called them?  I sure don't.

Exactly, nothing to do with him. So why bring it up?
The question is, don't you think artists starting to ask for press could be seen as something negative? I'm sure you could see that, all things considered.
I guess when it works for you, it's not even remotely negative? Also, maybe there's a reason he didn't talk to RS and chose Billboard.

But the time for the sort of interview I am talking about is at the time of release.  And I reject the notion you can avoid that almost entirely.  Then, do some interview three years later, and claim its not the time to talk up the new album.  You're right, its not.  That time was three years prior when you didn't do it.  When the guys that stuck with your for 10 years and worked real hard for you saw no payoff because you could not be bothered.  That's a shitty thing to do to people that stuck by you.

Now we are, but remember earlier in this thread some of you were complaining about interviews done while the band was on tour years after the album's release. Or years before the next release.
So you agree that there's a reason why interviews done in 2011, 2012 or 2013 didn't focus on new music, or the Chinese Democracy album.  ok

Are you actually saying that Guns N' Roses fans, with their 'negativity' (god, you love that word, don't you?) are set apart, completely different, from the millions upon millions of fans who support other bands (some of which, are bigger than Guns)?

No, I'm saying there's whiny GN'R fans who love to dwell on anything negative and when somebody speaks out about what they are doing they get butthurt.
I've seen band and fans interact, so this called hatefulness you speak of is weird to me. But it's convenient to bring it up because you just like to post away with no consequences. I've seen people get upset about comments made by people who's associated with the band (either they're in the band, or work with them), yet most of us don't feel targeted at all. Funny. It's ok for fans to post hateful stuff, but if the band speaks out, they're being hateful. You'd think it goes both ways.....

Any time somebody said something negative about fans on the Internet, I didn't feel targeted or get upset about it. You on the other hand....

Once again, it's become about me. You guys do amuse me.
No evidence of these so called gagging orders, but go ahead, take shots at me for pointing out the flawed things you claim to be facts.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:09:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3285 on: December 18, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »

Your philosophy is obvious. Anything negative blaming the band is true, anything good said about the band is ass kissing or somebody is just nuts.
You know very little, but you like the idea of others thinking you're some kind of authority.

Partly, yes. No other band has done what Axl did with GN'R. Fact. Argue all you want. That doesn't work for some people.
Do other band's fans whine? Of course. GN'R fans aren't special in that way, don't worry, you're not that unique. Smiley

If you actually read the interviews the band has given, you'd see that these subjects have been brought up. You chose to ignore most of the things the band says, because obviously in your opinion they can't be trusted. Anybody in the band lies, anybody else is always telling the truth. That's your angle.

Or maybe he was just very respectful considering it was the first time Axl was on his TV show and he wanted to have a good future working relationship with the GN'R camp? Don't burn your bridges and all that.
But no, this kind of common sense does not make sense. It's easier to go with the "they told him not to ask about new music in the middle of the band's first US tour in years!" crap.

Now, instead of trying to ridicule me, be somewhat adult and prove me wrong instead. Because so far, you haven't been able to and we get this act instead.

Edited to add: If you wanna know my philosophy it's: This is how it is, it's how it's always been. Whining has not helped anybody. To spend years whining about shit you have no control over seem like a waste of time to me. I'd rather be happy and grateful for what I have than to spend my time whining about what I don't have. I don't go to concerts to think what songs they didn't play or who's not there.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:48:45 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3286 on: December 18, 2014, 11:59:24 AM »

Mortis - While I don't disagree with everything you say. The approach you take on this site is silly.. What are you trying to prove by direct criticism directed to jarmo?

He is never going to say you are right...about anything.

Just trying to save you some time ya know ?  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3287 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »

Edited to add: If you wanna know my philosophy it's: This is how it is, it's how it's always been. Whining has not helped anybody. To spend years whining about shit you have no control over seem like a waste of time to me. I'd rather be happy and grateful for what I have than to spend my time whining about what I don't have. I don't go to concerts to think what songs they didn't play or who's not there.

I agree with this in principle, but the issue is your definition of "whining", which tends to be anything that's not a valentine.

If your goto move is to label anything you'd rather not hear as "whining", you are never going to be without things to rail against.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3288 on: December 18, 2014, 12:33:42 PM »

Once again, it's become about me. You guys do amuse me.
No evidence of these so called gagging orders, but go ahead, take shots at me for pointing out the flawed things you claim to be facts.

/jarmo

So I'm trying to sort this whole gag order thing out...because saying we have "no evidence" is different than saying it never existed.

Are you saying that there were never any gag orders, except for the one time where you said there was, or that you don't know of any gag orders, except for the one time where you said there was, or that there are other possible reasons why certain questions/issues were not raised in various interviews?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3289 on: December 18, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »

I agree with this in principle, but the issue is your definition of "whining", which tends to be anything that's not a valentine.

If your goto move is to label anything you'd rather not hear as "whining", you are never going to be without things to rail against.

Whining is when you offer nothing but complaints day after day after day about things that haven't changed for years or decades. How is that productive or constructive? Please explain. I really want to understand the point of it? I just don't get it.

I get that it's easy. I get that you might get frustrated about things. I get that. But the way some of you express it, I don't get.
Maybe I get it once or twice, but the repeated cycle.... It's just boring. And like i said, as far as I can tell, nothing good has come out of it so far. You're always talking about track records. Haven't you noticed how well the complains and whining have worked out? Since you've been online.

So I'm trying to sort this whole gag order thing out...because saying we have "no evidence" is different than saying it never existed.

Are you saying that there were never any gag orders, except for the one time where you said there was, or that you don't know of any gag orders, except for the one time where you said there was, or that there are other possible reasons why certain questions/issues were not raised in various interviews?

I have not seen any evidence that there are any orders of the scale some allude to in this thread. I pointed out that one journalist was asked not to talk about one topic. That's all I know.
People are also seemingly putting the blame on the band for things we don't even know the band is aware of.

If you think about it, the posters keep bringing up one TV interview, can you honestly say that what I presented as possible reasons are not remotely possible scenarios?
I think I'm not out of line here, but some of you seem to pride yourselves with so called rational thinking. But to me, not trying to offend anyone, it seems like rational thinking is not part of the equation. Instead its more about what fits your image of Axl and the band.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3290 on: December 18, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »

Whining is when you offer nothing but complaints day after day after day about things that haven't changed for years or decades. How is that productive or constructive? Please explain. I really want to understand the point of it? I just don't get it.

This would have more bite if all this supposed whining and complaining you see was signed off with "and things best change DAMN FAST or there is going to be hell to pay!!"

But that never happens.  All that happens is people talking about stuff.  No one here says anything under the impression they are going to affect change.

The reality is that you don't like dissent, any dissent.  Your definition of "loyalty" is to clap like a seal and blow kisses at the band 24/7/365.  Failure to adhere to that?  You guessed it : whining. 

I get that it's easy. I get that you might get frustrated about things. I get that. But the way some of you express it, I don't get.
Maybe I get it once or twice, but the repeated cycle.... It's just boring. And like i said, as far as I can tell, nothing good has come out of it so far. You're always talking about track records. Haven't you noticed how well the complains and whining have worked out? Since you've been online.

So what's the answer?  Say nothing?  Sit here in silence?

This site's traffic is pretty sorry, as is.  If you cut out all this supposed treason and sedition, you would truly have nothing but "Happy Chris Day" and the thread about the F1 guy.

Scintillating stuff there.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3291 on: December 18, 2014, 01:21:28 PM »

Instead its more about what fits your image of Axl and the band.

You've been throwing this one around a lot lately.

The perception of the band is what it is.  Impressions of Axl have been cultivated from a 25 year track record of public behavior.

Are you really under the impression the general public opinion that Axl is a bit of a nut will ever change?  Talk about swimming upstream.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3292 on: December 18, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »

This would have more bite if all this supposed whining and complaining you see was signed off with "and things best change DAMN FAST or there is going to be hell to pay!!"

But that never happens.  All that happens is people talking about stuff.  No one here says anything under the impression they are going to affect change.

The reality is that you don't like dissent, any dissent.  Your definition of "loyalty" is to clap like a seal and blow kisses at the band 24/7/365.  Failure to adhere to that?  You guessed it : whining. 

Why do you avoid answering the questions?

What good does it do to have you complain about the setlists show after show, even if you're not attending? What good does it do to have you point out the so called track record of GN'R canceling shows when everybody else is excited and making plans to attend shows in Las Vegas? Do I need to point that you were nowhere to be seen after the shows happened with no cancellations?

Just some examples of whining that I don't find constructive at all.

It's one thing to claim you are interested in discussion. Interested in discussions? As long as it's nothing constructive or you actually have to back up what you say.

In reality what goes on is avoiding questions and act like nothing happened when you were wrong.
Or the old, make a joke about it like it doesn't matter part.

I think the issue is that some confuse their opinion with fact. Because I thought of it, that's how it is. Sorry to be the one to have to tell you, but you're wrong. That's not it..... Sorry.

The "F1 guy" has a name: Kimi Räikkönen. I know he's not a wrestler, but still...
Validating the whining using site traffic. Doesn't work on me. Sorry.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:44:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3293 on: December 18, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »

What good does it do to have you complain about the setlists show after show, even if you're not attending? What good does it do to have you point out the so called track record of GN'R canceling shows when everybody else is excited and making plans to attend shows in Las Vegas? Do I need to point that you were nowhere to be seen after the shows happened with no cancellations?

Just some examples of whining that I don't find constructive at all.

Well this may be hard for you to hear and even harder to accept, but not too many of my posts go totally unanswered, nor hurt for agreement.  So this thinking I am some lone voice of discontent in the wilderness is not reality.

That cancellation thing?  We're still on that?  You have been harping on that for MONTHS now.  Was I really supposed to come here after the shows and beg for forgiveness because no shows were cancelled?  Really, guy?  All because I made light of it happening in the past?

Think you might be a wee bit too hypersensitive?

I know you think these are real "gotcha!" moments, but I'm afraid I got some bad news.  All you are is a guy that scores his own fights.  That's all you are.  And any guy that scores his own fights...turns out, will always be undefeated.

As he sees it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:59:05 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3294 on: December 18, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

I never claimed you were a lone voice. All I asked for was an answer and you failed to deliver.

Yes, the cancellation thing. It was just an example of what you do. Whine -> disappear.
I asked, what good did that do? Or the other whining which is neither productive or constructive.

For the third time!
When will you answer the main question instead of quoting the part of the post without it?

What good does your whining do? Yes, I used to W word, I don't want to change it to something nicer, to minimize the risk of you avoiding the question for the fourth time.

Not sensitive at all, just observing and pointing out what I see. Think I told you more on one occasion that you have no effect on me. You're the one who gets defensive and personal every time you're asked questions you don't want to, or can't, answer. Every time. I become the topic because you fail to answer simple questions.
Interested in discussion.....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3295 on: December 18, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »

What good does your whining do? Yes, I used to W word, I don't want to change it to something nicer, to minimize the risk of you avoiding the question for the fourth time.

For at least the third time now, its not whining.  You see it as whining.  Super.  That's your deal.  Its not my problem.  And I'm not going to accept that false premise.  Not now, not ever.

I have conversations with other fans.  Most of them go swimmingly.  There is give and take.  There are some laughs.  Occasionally, you will observe some of them going on, not like their tone, and decide to hop in with a lecture.  All that ever gets us...are conversations like this.  Which I'm sure are just fascinating reads for the rest of gang here.

Makes one wonder if maybe you aren't better served just staying out of it, hmm?  I will never, ever, ever accept (or even respect) your definition of whining.  And you will never, ever, ever accept (or even respect) that I might have a valid point.

Seems like the very definition of stalemate.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3296 on: December 18, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »

Yes, you'd love that. Me staying out.  Kiss
In reality, I kept the discussion going until one of you decided that there was no time for a discussion and instead chose to focus on trying to ridicule me. And you happily joined in.

So, what good does it do? What good does it do to constantly keep pointing out the things you don't like or focus on the shows that were canceled in 2002 or 2007?

Why do you have such a hard time backing up your posts? Is it wrong to ask why you think a certain way or ask for you to offer some kind of evidence that what you are saying is actually based on something more than a result of your own imagination? It's like people who say "there's a rumor that....". And you ask, where is that rumor from? Only to realize, that's only their own theory/gossip. But it sounds better to say "there's a rumor" instead of "I think..."

Why is it that you have a constant need to ignore things and then try to make it personal? What kind of discussion is that?
Here I am responding to your post earlier: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=64284.msg1375059#msg1375059
Obviously you've ignored it since and focused on other topics (me) ever since. How convenient that there's something else to talk about!

See, I didn't use the W or C word. Feel better now? One less thing to get hung up on.  ok
Every week the same shit just because some of you aren't capable of having a discussion. With all that it entails.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3297 on: December 18, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »

Yes, you'd love that. Me staying out.  Kiss
In reality, I kept the discussion going until one of you decided that there was no time for a discussion and instead chose to focus on trying to ridicule me. And you happily joined in.

Ah, so this is all because I laughed at mortismurphy's post a few pages back.  Yeah, that makes sense. 

But I don't bother you though.  Of course not.  These past few pages are you taking it light, I guess.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3298 on: December 18, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »

Just having a discussion with somebody who obviously rather focus on my definition of the word whining than to reply to my posts about the subject.

More concerned with what album to listen to next than what you think. Smiley

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3299 on: December 18, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »

Just having a discussion with somebody who obviously rather focus on my definition of the word whining than to reply to my posts about the subject.

More concerned with what album to listen to next than what you think. Smiley

/jarmo

Might I suggest "American Idiot" (I KID, I KID!!)?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: