Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680299 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3220 on: December 17, 2014, 11:29:23 AM »

Really? The first interview in which Axl showed any positive thoughts on new material was 2014.

Yes, he mentioned it and answered questions. The issue of new music has been brought up. Don't worry.
He even talked about it in the fan chats in 2008.

It does not bother me in the slightest. If you read my above post, you will see I am tired of the old band discussions. It is you who introduced the original strawman, Slash. I was merely replying to that. It is you who seemingly are obsessed with Slash. Everybody here arguing against you does not really want to hear more ''Slash Out Ta Get Me'' rhetoric from Axl. We are more concerned with Axl's future plans on the album front.

I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't started with your silly gagging order posts. I merely pointed out that there is zero evidence that the new album is off limits to journalists, talk show hosts or anybody else who interviews Axl. But you don't need evidence do you?

I know we're sorta past it, but I wanna chime in a bit on the "writing and recording being the hardest part" bit.

The issue I had was that this was brought up as an excuse to point out that there's no reason why an album shouldn't be out "soon".
The focus was then changed to creating an album instead of releasing one... Which is funny. The original post pretty much said that the hardest parts were done, now it's all easy sailing to release it. Something I wouldn't state as a fact.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3221 on: December 17, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »

I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't started with your silly gagging order posts. I merely pointed out that there is zero evidence that the new album is off limits to journalists, talk show hosts or anybody else who interviews Axl. But you don't need evidence do you?

So Axl just has the unfortunate luck of being interviewed by the most incompetent people on the planet who never seem to ask any of the relevant questions fans care about?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3222 on: December 17, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »

So Axl just has the unfortunate luck of being interviewed by the most incompetent people on the planet who never seem to ask any of the relevant questions fans care about?

Two interviews were brought up. One was done in 2011, while the band was on their first US tour after the album came out, the other was done in 2012 just before the first Las Vegas residency. The first was done early in the morning, the host even said he was a bit tired at the time. The other was done on a show that's more geared towards comedy than serious discussions about music.

Now, I can see why the next album might not be the focus in those interviews.

You guys are playing the Jumping To Conclusions game. Does it matter that the subject was brought up in other interviews? Not to you. Does it matter to you that the only "please don't ask about" subject we've heard mentioned is relating to a certain former member? Not to you.

Your conclusion is only based on the notion you have, that there must be all these orders for interviews. It fits your image of Axl Rose. Whatever is not asked, must be because of that. There can not be any other explanation(s). Not exactly open minded is it?

I've yet to see some evidence to back this up. Your conclusion lacks the kind of important part: evidence.

So yeah, I'm sorry for you two that they didn't ask about the new album in 2011 or 2012. Oh the horror!

Now you guys are assuming (or worry?) that Axl wouldn't talk about the new album if he did an interview in 204 or 2015 because the press isn't allow to ask. Comedy.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:46:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3223 on: December 17, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »

You guys are playing the Jumping To Conclusions game. Does it matter that the subject was brought up in other interviews? Not to you. Does it matter to you that the only "please don't ask about" subject we've heard mentioned is relating to a certain former member? Not to you.

Well, context is important.

Him saying they recorded a bunch of stuff in the chats in 2008, for example.  Does that count as him talking about new music?  And does that cover him from now until god calls him?  I think that's a bit strained.

Your conclusion is only based on the notion you have, that there must be all these orders for interviews. It fits your image of Axl Rose. Whatever is not asked, must be because of that. There can not be any other explanation(s). Not exactly open minded is it?

I've yet to see some evidence to back this up. Your conclusion lacks the kind of important part: evidence.

So do yours, but the next hard question you ask yourself will be the first.

If your pitch is that its all a coincidence he never faces a question he doesn't like, only faces the ones that do get through on his terms, and tends to do the interviews he does with late night comedy guys or his buddy Del...I guess its a stance.  A sketchy one, however.

The outlier is that Billboard interview.  That was actually a professional job.  And no coincidence it has some of his best answers.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3224 on: December 17, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »

Honestly, anything I really wanted to know about the past, present and future was largely given up by Axl in the December 2008 chats. I know that was 6 years ago but in "Axl" time that is basically 6 months ago! If you re-read the chats, then combine that with comments from various members since then, you can put together the pieces to the puzzle. I am kinda with Jarmo on this. If Axl actually told us more, a LARGE part of the Gnr community would not like what he had to say. Thus, we get where we are today. Little bitty seeds being layed out every now and then to keep our interest.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:00:52 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3225 on: December 17, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »

Honestly, anything I really wanted to know about the past, present and future was largely given up by Axl in the December 2008 chats. I know that was 6 years ago but in "Axl" time that is basically 6 months ago! If you re-read the chats, then combine that with comments from various members since then, you can put together the pieces to the puzzle. I am kinda with Jarmo on this. If Axl actually told us more, a LARGE part of theGnr community would not like what he had to say. Thus, we get where we are today. Little bitty seeds being layed out every now and then to keep our interest.

Would you agree that any possible press done for the new album should be about the new album itself and his new band?

No more Slash.  No more ex-managers.  None of that.

Yes?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3226 on: December 17, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »

of course

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3227 on: December 17, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »

Honestly, anything I really wanted to know about the past, present and future was largely given up by Axl in the December 2008 chats. I know that was 6 years ago but in "Axl" time that is basically 6 months ago! If you re-read the chats, then combine that with comments from various members since then, you can put together the pieces to the puzzle. I am kinda with Jarmo on this. If Axl actually told us more, a LARGE part of the Gnr community would not like what he had to say. Thus, we get where we are today. Little bitty seeds being layed out every now and then to keep our interest.

Well yes...

People don't like the Slash bashing... because I know this is shocking...most of the GNR community kinda likes him...

But other than that.. what could Axl say that we wouldnt like?

btw I didnt mind Axl getting things off his chest... the cancer comment was probably off..but other than that.. I didn't mind... Slash surely has had his go at him when VR started

As a supporter.. I would just want any interview or any avenue for Axl to speak about future plans in detail

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:12:51 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3228 on: December 17, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »

My pie in the sky hope is that Axl does actual interviews for the next album.

And anytime anything is thrown at him about Slash, the old band, RNR HOF, or what have you...he laughs it off and says he'd rather talk about his current band and this great album they just did.

Unlikely, but a boy can dream.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3229 on: December 17, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »

Well, context is important.

Him saying they recorded a bunch of stuff in the chats in 2008, for example.  Does that count as him talking about new music?  And does that cover him from now until god calls him?  I think that's a bit strained.

Regarding the chats, the point is, he didn't skip questions about new music. He talked about it, he mentioned song titles. Just shows you that he has talked about the subject. You two chose two TV interviews as evidence that there must be some kind of rules stopping you two from getting information about new music from Axl.

So do yours, but the next hard question you ask yourself will be the first.

No, I'm saying that I find it odd that he HAS talked about new music repeatedly with the media and public before and after your two examples. If there is such an order not to discuss it, some journalists hasn't followed it. Which I guess in your mind makes more sense than there not being such order...

If your pitch is that its all a coincidence he never faces a question he doesn't like, only faces the ones that do get through on his terms, and tends to do the interviews he does with late night comedy guys or his buddy Del...I guess its a stance.  A sketchy one, however.

Even your assumption here is wrong.

The LA Times, Billboard, USA Today, Adelaide Now, Revolver....
All available on this very site if you're interested. None done by Del or late night TV hosts.

Would you agree that any possible press done for the new album should be about the new album itself and his new band?

What about the rules not to ask about new music?

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3230 on: December 17, 2014, 01:19:49 PM »

I don't think there ever was or is a rule to not ask about new music in any of the handful interviews over the past few years...

but there has never been or never going to be a hard follow up question... like WHY has this been that way or why cant the band go in to a room and write together...stuff like that which only us lifers care about

Whether thats a predetermined rule from Beta and her family I don't know

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3231 on: December 17, 2014, 01:23:15 PM »

The two TV interviews these two posters use as examples were done either on the band's first proper US tour since Chinese Democracy was out, or just before the first Las Vegas residency.

What promotional purpose does it do to talk about the next album in those interviews?
Because I don't get it. I don't know how business works. Axl talking about the next album on TV in 2011 or 2012 would sell more tickets to those shows?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3232 on: December 17, 2014, 01:23:55 PM »

Regarding the chats, the point is, he didn't skip questions about new music. He talked about it, he mentioned song titles. Just shows you that he has talked about the subject. You two chose two TV interviews as evidence that there must be some kind of rules stopping you two from getting information about new music from Axl.

This is what I was getting at.  You are offering a letter of the law sort of explanation that does not really match-up with what was being discussed.

And just to restate what I said earlier, I assumed the Kimmel thing would be fluff.  Its a comedy show.  I was a bit disappointed in the TMS interview, where nothing terribly relevant was discussed.  Why not?

I don't see how some comments he made in an online chat at a fan site 3 years earlier is the answer to that question.

What about the rules not to ask about new music?

A lot will be determined by who he grants interviews to.

I believe I touted the Billboard one as a professionally done one that did not seem to have restrictions.  Presumably a mere oversight that your numerous quoted blocks of text from posts of mine made all around that point got referenced, but not that part.  Accidents will happen.

Let's have more of that, I say.  Less of his buddy Del carrying water and a starry eyed Eddie Trunk so happy to have him he doesn't remotely rock the boat.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3233 on: December 17, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »

This is what I was getting at.  You are offering a letter of the law sort of explanation that does not really match-up with what was being discussed.

And just to restate what I said earlier, I assumed the Kimmel thing would be fluff.  Its a comedy show.  I was a bit disappointed in the TMS interview, where nothing terribly relevant was discussed.  Why not?

You are bringing up your idea that Axl doesn't want to talk about certain topics. I have time after time pointed out why I think you are wrong. You never consider what I said, you only keep repeating yourself.
When will you admit that he has talked about new music before and after the cases during which you claim these "don't ask about new music" rules exist and therefore it's not unfair to assume that rule does not exist in reality? Don't see that happening, since it would mean admitting you might be wrong.

I believe I touted the Billboard one as a professionally done one that did not seem to have restrictions.  Presumably a mere oversight that your numerous quoted blocks of text from posts of mine made all around that point got referenced, but not that part.  Accidents will happen.

And I pointed out more interviews in the same vein. You ignored that.

a starry eyed Eddie Trunk so happy to have him he doesn't remotely rock the boat.

Is that because of the rules as well?

I don't get it. There's a rule not to talk about new music, I just learned about this today from the two of you. Now you want to have interviews about that same topic.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3234 on: December 17, 2014, 01:34:13 PM »

a starry eyed Eddie Trunk so happy to have him he doesn't remotely rock the boat.

Is that because of the rules as well?

Yep.

Axl grants so few interviews, you aren't exactly going to make it tough on him.  Let's not pretend TMS is akin to going on 'Meet The Press'.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3235 on: December 17, 2014, 01:45:32 PM »

You guys are funny.

I think it takes a special kind of GN'R fans to assume Axl doesn't like to talk about specific subjects just because he didn't do so in two TV interviews in 2011 and 2012.
The same guy you attacked for talking too much about a subject that didn't interest you, and coincidentally the only subject we are actually aware the press has been asked not to ask about.

* Waiting *

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3236 on: December 17, 2014, 01:52:46 PM »

You guys are funny.

I think it takes a special kind of GN'R fans to assume Axl doesn't like to talk about specific subjects just because he didn't do so in two TV interviews in 2011 and 2012.
The same guy you attacked for talking too much about a subject that didn't interest you, and coincidentally the only subject we are actually aware the press has been asked not to ask about.

As usual, you are making this WAY too literal about the one specific point you think you can make the most hay out of and shut the whole conversation down.

Let's leave it like this :

I, and a few others : Axl puts restrictions on his interviews.  This is evidenced in both who he grants interviews to and the questions they wind up asking.

You : Nonsense.  Axl has a come one, come all, open door policy with no restrictions on his interviews.

Well...let's see what's what when the new album comes out.  Because we can't both be right.

Deal?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3237 on: December 17, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »

Let's leave it like this :

I, and a few others : Axl puts restrictions on his interviews.  This is evidenced in both who he grants interviews to and the questions they wind up asking.

No, that's not the issue. It's not general like that at all. If you read my posts you'd see that I even told you there's only evidence of one subject that the journalist was asked by the publicist not to bring up. So, nope!
Nice try!

You : Nonsense.  Axl has a come one, come all, open door policy with no restrictions on his interviews.

Nope. See above.

I never said there were no requests like that from GN'R's publicist. You claim there are all kinds of topics that are off limits, including new music. I pointed out multiple times why I think your assumption seems very flawed. You on the other hand can't provide anything to back your assumption up. Only your own imagination.

Well...let's see what's what when the new album comes out.  Because we can't both be right.

Deal?

These kinds of deals are pointless.
You never admit you're wrong. You just keep ignoring posts you can't answer and pretend nobody noticed.

And are you serious? Let's say the new album is out and Axl does an interview with a music magazine to coincide with its release. What do you think he'll talk about?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3238 on: December 17, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »

Deal?

These kinds of deals are pointless.

I disagree.

If there are more interviews like the Billboard one, and less like the slobfest from Del or the nothing fluff of Eddie Trunk, I would obviously be wrong.  And I'd say so.

And are you serious? Let's say the new album is out and Axl does an interview with a music magazine to coincide with its release. What do you think he'll talk about?

Let's have him do some first.  Then we'll speculate.

He runs off in hiding again, its not going to be a great argument he's interested in facing questions.  Let's just hope he's gone to see The Wizard since his last album release.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3239 on: December 17, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »

If there are more interviews like the Billboard one, and less like the slobfest from Del or the nothing fluff of Eddie Trunk, I would obviously be wrong.  And I'd say so.

Have you read all his interviews?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: