Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680236 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3200 on: December 17, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »

Speaking of rock journalists...Eddie Trunk kinda takes a shot at GNR here...well maybe hes not a journalist but a public figure with in the community

I think he's taking a shot at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and their ways of operating.

As far as an Axl interview goes... we would all love to see a guy or gal grill him on the spot about his entire career with no pre determined questions or requirements, but that's never going to happen, and not exclusive to Axl Rose.

I think it could happen and I think some of you wouldn't like the answers.
But, mainly, some of you would be complaining that he's talking about the past.

/jarmo

Well I really don't care what he has to say about the past .. what's he going to say that we don't already know?

His former band mates left for a variety of reasons after the band was dissolved, they all said nasty things about him... he forgives all of them except for Slash... there we go.

I'd be much more interested in getting detailed responses to delays and stuff we don't know about regarding the newer former members and the future of the band.  

Specifically... are there plans to ever write and record songs with the CURRENT band...Is Ron in the band.. stuff like that
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:41:34 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #3201 on: December 17, 2014, 09:42:05 AM »

Eddie Trunk, one of the few people to ever interview Axl these days and he does not put forth a single question of interest?

You are not telling me that he has been forced to sign a gagging order there.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3202 on: December 17, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »

I'd be much more interested in getting detailed responses to delays and stuff we don't know about regarding the newer former members and the future of the band.  

Specifically... are there plans to ever write and record songs with the CURRENT band...Is Ron in the band.. stuff like that

Big time.

Isn't that more interesting and relevant than taking more shots at Slash?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3203 on: December 17, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »

Eddie Trunk, one of the few people to ever interview Axl these days and he does not put forth a single question of interest?

All a big coincidence.  Trunk was just off his game that day.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, PEOPLE

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3204 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:54 AM »

Big time.

Isn't that more interesting and relevant than taking more shots at Slash?

I don't really care if he calls Slash a bunch of names... If they are never going to be in a band together again... what do i care if their bitchfest continues for the next 20 years... I don't care if Slash ever says something nasty about Axl either

Like you said... I'd just rather hear something relevant to today, or some clearer answers as to why other guitar players are no longer around ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3205 on: December 17, 2014, 09:48:20 AM »

i do think a real unfiltered spot witht he King of media would be great pub..... no?

even if all the google searches focus in on what he says about Slash... it's still tells the world that Axl has a new album to offer

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3206 on: December 17, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »

Like you said... I'd just rather hear something relevant to today, or some clearer answers as to why other guitar players are no longer around ha

Top 3 questions, I'd think :

- Does any further recording have to be done on the material, or is that stage totally finished?
- Is Ron Thal still in your band?
- Are there plans to do a full scale US tour anytime soon?

Those are the three things that I think there are the most questions about.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3207 on: December 17, 2014, 09:52:22 AM »

- Does any further recording have to be done on the material, or is that stage totally finished?

Yeah as of today, I'd say 1 and 2 have to be up there

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3208 on: December 17, 2014, 09:57:30 AM »

Yeah as of today, I'd say 1 and 2 have to be up there

Honestly, I had the first two right away and struggled with a third one.

The third one could be something different.  But the first two are the most relevant issues facing the band in present day.  And they are "yes/no" answers.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3209 on: December 17, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »

He's done it twice. The first time was not even planned. Not a lot of time for gagging orders.

Axl has talked about all kinds of subjects in various interviews he's done. Even when there was a request not to ask about reunion or old band stuff, he talked about it. Obviously he has no issues talking about anything. I thought you knew this already.

But no, you need to focus on the so called gagging orders because a late night talk show host doesn't ask about Slash....
The same people who would be the first ones to be pissed off if he answered those questions want him to talk about hose things. hihi

Eddie Trunk himself said he was pretty tired at the time of the 2011 interview. But that's no reason....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:01:05 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3210 on: December 17, 2014, 10:03:36 AM »

But no, you need to focus on the so called gagging orders because a late night talk show host doesn't ask about Slash....

Didn't he just say that a question about new material was what he was looking for on the TMS interview?

Where did he mention Slash?

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3211 on: December 17, 2014, 10:03:59 AM »

He's done it twice. The first time was not even planned. Not a lot of time for gagging orders.

Axl has talked about all kinds of subjects in various interviews he's done. Even when there was a request not to ask about reunion or old band stuff, he talked about it. Obviously he has no issues talking about anything. I thought you knew this already.

The same people who would be the first ones to be pissed off if he answered those questions want him to talk about hose things. hihi

Eddie Trunk himself said he was pretty tired at the time of the 2011 interview. But that's no reason....

/jarmo

But if there was a request not to talk about certain topics, how can you then say "he has no issues talking about anything."  If he had no issues talking about anything, there'd be no request in the first place.
mortismurphy
« Reply #3212 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »

/jarmo

I cannot imagine it is that hard to organise gagging orders. Axl did it on the Illusion tour. Photographers were signing similar censorship documents just before the gigs on that tour, right before entering the allocated space for their paltry two-three songs. You merely have the document, pre-written and get the person to sign the thing.

Slash? Slash would not be first on my list of a list of topics to bring up. Typical Jarmo straw man. How about 'new album'? In any music journalist's interview, if a significant lapse of time has passed between albums, this is basically a default question: ''so, any plans to release a new album?'' ''enter the studio?'' etc. It is a default question.

The reverse is true if the band are making or promoting a new album: ''any plans to tour?''
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3213 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:33 AM »

But if there was a request not to talk about certain topics, how can you then say "he has no issues talking about anything."  If he had no issues talking about anything, there'd be no request in the first place.

You mean its not just a happy accident he never faces anything he doesn't want to talk about, and the things that do get through are done on his terms?

Like JAEBALL said, this is not totally exclusive to Axl Rose.  But as you say, you might want to dial back on how open Axl is to an unfiltered chat.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3214 on: December 17, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »

Slash? Slash would not be first on my list of a list of topics to bring up. Typical Jarmo straw man. How about 'new album'? In any music journalist's interview, if a significant lapse of time has passed between albums, this is basically a default question: ''so, any plans to release a new album?'' ''enter the studio?'' etc. It is a default question.

Yep.

Your post doesn't even mention Slash, but does mention a question about new material.

So the conclusion that you were unhappy with no Slash question is...odd.

mortismurphy
« Reply #3215 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:35 AM »

I do not know what more to say about Axl and Slash really - it is all there, in black and white?

Slash did drugs - this was resented by Axl
Axl took over the band - this was naturally resented by Slash
Slash did the snakepit demos - Axl did not like them and wanted a more modern direction
Axl sacked Gilby and hired Tobias - Slash liked Gilby and did not like Tobias

Axl has his side, Slash has his. What more is their to say on the subject? Maybe it is Jarmo who wants to hear Axl talk about Slash again?

By the way, Slash also stopped conversations on Axl and GN'R when promoting his recent albums. He is also sick of the subject. There was no logistical problem there either. His manager merely requested that Slash would not field questions about the break up and Axl (this gagging order could have merely been an oral agreement).

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:22:18 AM by mortismurphy » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3216 on: December 17, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »

I agree.

I'm all talked out on Slash and the old band.  Its over and has been.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3217 on: December 17, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »

Didn't he just say that a question about new material was what he was looking for on the TMS interview?

Where did he mention Slash?

Ok. So apparently the so called gagging order is about the new album?
Nobody told Revolver magazine!

The only talk of requests about topics in interviews were about Slash. That's it. I remember it being mentioned in the LA Times. This is the first time I heard that there's allegedly an order to not ask about a new album.

So according to the logic at work here, because Eddie Trunk didn't ask (or it wasn't aired) questions about the next album in 2011, it must be because he was ordered not to ask. Got it.
Interestingly enough, the print interviews he's done in 2012, 2013 and 2014 all mention new music.

By the way, Slash also stopped conversations on Axl and GN'R when promoting his recent albums.

Does this bother you to the point where you bring it up in discussions about his interviews?

Judging by your posts, it seems to be a big issue.  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #3218 on: December 17, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »

Ok. So apparently the so called gagging order is about the new album?
Nobody told Revolver magazine!

The only talk of requests about topics in interviews were about Slash. That's it. I remember it being mentioned in the LA Times. This is the first time I heard that there's allegedly an order to not ask about a new album.

So according to the logic at work here, because Eddie Trunk didn't ask (or it wasn't aired) questions about the next album in 2011, it must be because he was ordered not to ask. Got it.

Correct. The absence of any, discussion on that front is just plain weird.

Interestingly enough, the print interviews he's done in 2012, 2013 and 2014 all mention new music.

Really? The first interview in which Axl showed any positive thoughts on new material was 2014.

Does this bother you to the point where you bring it up in discussions about his interviews?

Judging by your posts, it seems to be a big issue.  Huh

It does not bother me in the slightest. If you read my above post, you will see I am tired of the old band discussions. It is you who introduced the original strawman, Slash. I was merely replying to that. It is you who seemingly are obsessed with Slash. Everybody here arguing against you does not really want to hear more ''Slash Out Ta Get Me'' rhetoric from Axl. We are more concerned with Axl's future plans on the album front.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3219 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »

I know we're sorta past it, but I wanna chime in a bit on the "writing and recording being the hardest part" bit.

It might look that way to you and me, sorta like watching a painter actually paint looks ridiculously hard. And, in respect to "could you or I do it", maybe "hard" is the right label, here.

But I can tell you this: From my very limited interaction with artists, directly and indirectly....they all sort of enjoy, to one extent or another, the creative process. It CAN be hard (or really easy, if the muse strikes)..but it can also be fun, exciting, cathartic, etc.

I've never actually talked to someone, or been told of someone, who enjoys "the rest of the crap". And by that I mean the non-creative bits, especially the business/label side stuff.  I'm sure there are entities out there that DO like it...but I've never heard of them.

It might not be "the hardest" in terms of the difficulty of work to  be done (depending on your perspective), but I think it's probably the hardest for them to motivate themselves to do, and it can sometimes be a long, arduous, back breaking process for the artist (much longer than the creative process, sometimes).  And it's often soul sucking and tedious, too.

I can't comment on the track selelction/mixing/mastering process (though I see we have some comments on that...in haiku form).....while I have a couple friends who are (or were) sound engineers working in the industry, I still don't understand enough to comment on how "hard" that part of the process is (for the artist).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: