Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680101 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3180 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »

I hope there's a marketing plan.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3181 on: December 16, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »

I hope there's a marketing plan.

/jarmo

There should be one in place right now you would think...

By Both Guns managmenet and the label.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3182 on: December 16, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »

This little twitter picture seemed to get a good responce from guns fans

I simple marketing plan could be, weekly twitter pictures from various parts of the studio, by various member of guns.   Great way to stir up some of the sleeping excitment that is out there
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3183 on: December 16, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »

In my defense, it's a little bit hard to understand that you're only talking about the creation part considering the release is mentioned in the same breath:

I see no conceivable scenario in a rational world that if you tell us in Spring 2014 you are "going to take a look at things in that regard", that you could make it all the way to 2016 with no progress.  I would find hard to believe you couldn't write, record, and release something in that time, if you are serious.  Its strains credulity to the absolute breaking point when you consider its already written and recorded.  The hardest parts are over and done with, and have been.   

In the quote, you mention releasing. Now you're saying creating. It's important to be sure we know that you're talking about creating and not releasing.

My mistake, I thought the whole discussion was about when we can expect the new album to be released. The whole process from writing to the actual release. But here we are, talking about the creation of the album, not what comes after. Or maybe that's just you trying avoid this discussion....

My point was that the releasing part could also be difficult. But I'm sure you knew that.  ok

Alright, fair enough.  We'll go with honest mistake.

If you took the time Axl gave that interview about a new album, I would say, from that point, he's pretty much already on third base.

SWING THE BAT, AXL!  SACRIFICE FLY SCORES THE RUN!!

Your baseball reference here doesn't make any sense (baseball-wise or new album-wise).

If by Axl being "already on third base" you are referring to your belief that the writing and recording are done, then as Jarmo and McGann have so eloquently pointed out, the technical/marketing/business work yet to be done is mostly out of Axl's hands.  Hence being on third means he's NOT the one at the plate holding the bat so it's impossible for him to 'SWING THE BAT' to sacrifice or single or homer.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3184 on: December 16, 2014, 08:21:43 PM »

Glad we sorted that out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3185 on: December 16, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »

Oh I agree there would be some interest, but not near the amount there was prior to the release of CD

Are reporters camped outside Axls Malibu mansion, in hopes of a comment...    Where is TMZ?  Cant they ask him, dude where the new material...

I would hound him every day, if I new his number....  hahaha, good thing I dont

I say you go old school and get Kurt Loder to interview Axl. Smiley  Seriously, I remember when Kurt Loder used to interview Axl all the time.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3186 on: December 16, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »

Axl always seemed to have good rapport with Kurt, you're right.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3187 on: December 16, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »

An interview with Stern would be epic.  There were talks about it before, I think.  Not holding my breath it will happen.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3188 on: December 16, 2014, 10:46:42 PM »

An interview with Stern would be epic.  There were talks about it before, I think.  Not holding my breath it will happen.

WAY too no holds barred.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3189 on: December 16, 2014, 10:51:27 PM »

WAY too no holds barred.

An interview with Howard Stern doesn't interest me half as much as one with Kurt Loder or another music journalist would.  I want to hear about the new music and process for the new record.  The last thing I want to hear about is anything to do with the Appetite line up, which Im sure is what Stern will want to ask about.
mortismurphy
« Reply #3190 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:29 PM »

But conversely if Loder has signed the type of gagging orders Trunk and others have signed in the past, expect conversations about Halloween Trees.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3191 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:02 PM »

But conversely if Loder has signed the type of gagging orders Trunk and others have signed in the past, expect conversations about Halloween Trees.

True.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3192 on: December 17, 2014, 06:50:06 AM »

I would like to see David Fricke from Rolling Stone interview Axl. He really knows his stuff from a rock and roll historical perspective and has always given Axl/Gnr a fair assessment.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3193 on: December 17, 2014, 08:15:51 AM »

Which orders are those?
That sort of order usually means no talk. in which case it's hard to interview anybody.

You're comparing a music journalist interview versus a talk show host interview. Which one is more lighthearted?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3194 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »

Speaking of rock journalists...Eddie Trunk kinda takes a shot at GNR here...well maybe hes not a journalist but a public figure with in the community

Radio host Eddie Trunk says he's given up on any semblance of respect for the uneven way the Hall has honored certain bands and ignored others with longer track records of success.

"How can you have a Hall of Fame where it takes Kiss, Rush and Alice Cooper twenty years to get in," he says, "but Green Day and Guns n' Roses go in on first ballot and Deep Purple doesn't get in."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rock-roll-hall-fame-snubs-heavy-metal-article-1.2047726

Maybe he's just saying that non metal bands go in immediately and metal bands get the shaft, but still.

As far as an Axl interview goes... we would all love to see a guy or gal grill him on the spot about his entire career with no pre determined questions or requirements, but that's never going to happen, and not exclusive to Axl Rose.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3195 on: December 17, 2014, 09:21:57 AM »

I would like to see David Fricke from Rolling Stone interview Axl. He really knows his stuff from a rock and roll historical perspective and has always given Axl/Gnr a fair assessment.

I think the magazine would be fair to him.

They were the same people that took the time to review the leaks (unheard of), and also gave them raves.  Told him to put it out, and it already sounded better than Velvet Revolver.

But...its not going to be a similar situation to where Axl slides a sheet across the table to his buddy Del and says "here, ask me this stuff".  They aren't going to roll with that.  No self respecting mainstream outlet would.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3196 on: December 17, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »

Speaking of rock journalists...Eddie Trunk kinda takes a shot at GNR here...well maybe hes not a journalist but a public figure with in the community

I think he's taking a shot at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and their ways of operating.

As far as an Axl interview goes... we would all love to see a guy or gal grill him on the spot about his entire career with no pre determined questions or requirements, but that's never going to happen, and not exclusive to Axl Rose.

I think it could happen and I think some of you wouldn't like the answers.
But, mainly, some of you would be complaining that he's talking about the past.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3197 on: December 17, 2014, 09:33:48 AM »

I think it could happen and I think some of you wouldn't like the answers.
But, mainly, some of you would be complaining that he's talking about the past.

That's valid. 

I personally have zero interest in "getting to the bottom" of what went down with he and Slash.  Over and done.

And I would also agree that Axl can't help it if those are the questions that come to him. 

But I do think it highlights 2 issues :

1) Axl has never really taken to the airwaves or print to really put over the new material or his band.  Not in any real, focused way.  There are a few bits sprinkled into some of his meandering answers, but never does he sit down to talk about the present and future and totally ignore the past.  Some of the talk of the past comes from answers Axl has given where he is the one to introduce the talk about way back when.

2) Perhaps if he spent more time talking about the present and future, there would be a more compelling hook for the interviewer.  But if faced with trying to talk up a band most people could not even pick out of a line-up, or talk about one of the most famous rock line-ups of the past 25 years...guess what wins out?

mortismurphy
« Reply #3198 on: December 17, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »

Which orders are those?
That sort of order usually means no talk. in which case it's hard to interview anybody.

You're comparing a music journalist interview versus a talk show host interview. Which one is more lighthearted?

/jarmo

The last two televised interviews were completely neutered. That bit is obvious. And, no I do not subscribe to the theory that talk show hosts avoid (potentially controversial) questions as an aid to 'lightheartedness'. Trunk, The Metal Show, regularly field questions to other artists about such topics as new material (this is a sort of a, default question in any interview - surely?). Have you heard the episode when Peter Criss completely lambasted Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley? Yet our guy is interviewed and it becomes merely a platform for Axl's idiosyncratic humour.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3199 on: December 17, 2014, 09:37:06 AM »

The last two televised interviews were completely neutered. That bit is obvious. And, no I do not subscribe to the theory that talk show hosts avoid (potentially controversial) questions as an aid to 'lightheartedness'. Trunk, The Metal Show, regularly field questions to other artists about such topics as new material (this is a sort of a, default question in any interview - surely?). Have you heard the episode when Peter Criss completely lambasted Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley? Yet our guy is interviewed and it becomes merely a platform for Axl's idiosyncratic humour.

Correct.

I can see how you might keep the Kimmel thing light hearted, because its late night comedy.  But the TMS interview was something of a missed opportunity on that front.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: