Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:47:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679701 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3120 on: December 12, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »

Don't put it past Mother Goose. Last I checked Chris and Axl wrote Madagascar and If The World....they don't need no stinkin' band!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:58:28 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3121 on: December 12, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »

Hahahahaha

That's awesome, Gypsy.
Agreed.  Well done, Gypsy.  Some much needed levity.

Ali
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #3122 on: December 12, 2014, 03:47:23 PM »

Chris is an engineer as much as he is a musician.
Chris' talents both onstage and behind the scenes should IMO be lauded and applauded!!!  yes

Him being in the studio with Axl is a good sign that what they're doing is more of a wrap up/clean up job on whatever is going on the album.
Are you sure this is a "good sign"?  Are you sure you're interrupting this "studio pic" correctly?  Look closely. 

Maybe Chris somehow lured/tricked Axl to come into that studio.  Quick thinking Axl, turned the tables on Chris and locked him inside that booth (notice all fingers on the hand are 'intact' and we all know that Axl is missing part of one of his fingers so it's not Axl inside there).  Axl then pumped some noxious gases into that booth and took that pic of Chris against the glass.  Axl then posted it to Chris' n' his own twitter as (1) a warning to anyone who might think they can outsmart Axl and (2) so someone can go to that studio and rescue Chris because Axl does admire n' respect Chris' talents and, when he's ready, will rely heavily on Chris for finishing up the final product.  Tongue

J/K   hihi

This is hilarious Gypsy  rofl

But honestly not much more far fetched than some conspiracy stories and tall tales that have been posted as truth at other forums  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3123 on: December 15, 2014, 03:07:10 PM »

I'm dying to know what, exactly, was being worked on during the recent studio time.  Among longtime GNR fans, some of the unreleased tracks like The General, Soul Monster, Seven, Atlas Shrugged etc. have become legendary...and that's without 1 note being heard. 

The thought of Axl putting the final touches on those tracks for a forthcoming release is just so fucking cool.  drool
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3124 on: December 15, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »

I'm dying to know what, exactly, was being worked on during the recent studio time.  Among longtime GNR fans, some of the unreleased tracks like The General, Soul Monster, Seven, Atlas Shrugged etc. have become legendary...and that's without 1 note being heard. 

The thought of Axl putting the final touches on those tracks for a forthcoming release is just so fucking cool.  drool

When do you think we will get the next big news out of this band?   I think in April will will get some summer concert dates, big shows.   And I hope they continue with a a fall winter tour.   

New music?  Yes.  When?Huh    Next year........     I really hope
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3125 on: December 15, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »

When do you think we will get the next big news out of this band?   I think in April will will get some summer concert dates, big shows.   And I hope they continue with a a fall winter tour.   

Like Jarmo pointed out recently, it's hard to say, but once the ball is officially rolling things are likely to happen fast.  As Axl stated last Spring, the second half of Chinese has already been recorded, save for some clean up here and there.  This means we could be literally months (or sooner) from the BIG announcement, of course, if all goes well with the label and all that....Which they have a track record of, well, you know...not...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:44:02 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3126 on: December 15, 2014, 06:37:36 PM »

I'd have to doubt there is serious legwork to be done, right?

More like touch-up work, like overdubs and such.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3127 on: December 15, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »

I'd have to doubt there is serious legwork to be done, right?

More like touch-up work, like overdubs and such.

I agree.  If they are focused on the already material I don't see much if any work that needs to be done.

Unles they plan on going woth a whole new album/new material route.   Then there would be a lot more work required

The first few month of the year will say a lot into what we should expect in the year
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3128 on: December 15, 2014, 06:47:57 PM »

The first few month of the year will say a lot into what we should expect in the year

Yeah, there's got to be some word, right?  What is ever kept a secret?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3129 on: December 15, 2014, 07:15:36 PM »

I don't think we have any idea what Axl wants to do as far as a next album is concerned, when it will come, etc. Literally no idea..... Undecided
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:07:28 AM by sky dog » Logged

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #3130 on: December 15, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »

Like Jarmo pointed out recently, it's hard to say, but once the ball is officially rolling things are likely to happen fast.  As Axl stated last Spring, the second half of Chinese has already been recorded, save for some clean up here and there.  This means we could be literally months (or sooner) from the BIG announcement, of course, if all goes well with the label and all that....Which they have a track record of, well, you know...not...

What would be your best educated guess as far as a release date goes?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3131 on: December 15, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »

By April-June, if they're serious.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3132 on: December 15, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »

key word being "if'....the man is not afraid to take his time! Don't want to be a downer but it is what it is.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3133 on: December 15, 2014, 08:06:57 PM »

Agreed.  Unfortunately, good intentions a new album do not make.  Six months to hash out the business aspects of the release, tops, if this is actually going to happen in 2015.  Otherwise, we'll likely be having the same conversation in December, 2015.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3134 on: December 15, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »

I don't see what is gained by keeping all the plans a secret. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3135 on: December 15, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »

If not for the entire album, at least for the single. Album could drop july - sept, with 2nd single, maybe.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3136 on: December 15, 2014, 09:57:15 PM »

I don't see what is gained by keeping all the plans a secret. 

I do.

I suspect its largely a case of "if we keep everything secret, no one can claim we promised anything".  Like that bent or not, you cant argue they havent been burned by stuff before.

I think they prefer to make sure all the i's are dotted before they say anything, because....look at the press stuff from the past. Not pretty...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #3137 on: December 16, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »

As much as getting every thing finalised before making public any plans is a sound strategy, inevitably there would be 'rumblings' from those within, or connected to, the industry.

I remember similar rumblings in 2008 and it was then I felt sure that chinese was coming.

At that point, I crack the beers open!! beer

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3138 on: December 16, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »

As much as getting every thing finalised before making public any plans is a sound strategy, inevitably there would be 'rumblings' from those within, or connected to, the industry.

I remember similar rumblings in 2008 and it was then I felt sure that chinese was coming.

Exactly.  This is what I was talking about.  Word would get around.  It always does.

If we are still no closer in 6 months, or god forbid a year from now, that's a total disaster.  Belief at that point is being contrarian for its own sake, only likely spun as loyalty and devotion.  Which is just annoying to read.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3139 on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:26 AM »

I think the idea of a 2015 release has taken on a life of it's own...

Axl said they were going to look at it closely... and it does appear they are working on things

But how does that translate to a 2015 release? In real world.. yeah it seems reasonable...but we all know Axl works at his own speed and has many different obstacles to overcome to release a record....

I hope it does happen...but I don't necessarily expect it to.. and I think the idea of happening this coming year has taken on its own personality on the boards.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: