Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679745 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3100 on: December 11, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »

I was really hoping that they would be playing Rock on the Range again this year...but then I looked at the other acts playing and it seems pretty clear that they will not be there.  In any event, it's always good to have a buzz about new music and tours.

I don't think you get the same headliner playing the same festival two years in a row....
Unless it's their own festival. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3101 on: December 11, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »

Oh, absolutely guarded.  As in, if nothing happens it will be met with anything but surprise, or even disappointment.  I just think that since, as Axl said, the album is pretty much done and done, and the baggage that was Chinese Democracy's release being in the past, that nothing really is stopping Axl once he decides the time is right to pull the trigger on the next album.  Chris is an engineer as much as he is a musician.  Him being in the studio with Axl is a good sign that what they're doing is more of a wrap up/clean up job on whatever is going on the album.

Yeah, it all looks very promising for the first time on some time.

I just tend to define optimism as hope something good can happen followed by disappointment if it doesn't.  Both speak to your belief in its chances.  With GNR, I lack that second part.  This band's track record is a fucking horror show, so I can't really credibly say I'll be disappointed if this is just another tease.  It will be a shoulder shrug for me, followed by jokes about it.

But still, you can't ignore all the positive talk, which you laid out.

Haha, agreed.  Getting new GNR music in 2015 would be like randomly finding 20 bucks in your pocket.  "Oh, fuck, wasn't expecting that! Awesome!!!".  hihi

Yeah, new music in 2015 would be a pleasant surprise indeed.  There are indications it could happen, and just enough ambiguity to provide cover if it doesn't.  

I was really hoping that they would be playing Rock on the Range again this year...but then I looked at the other acts playing and it seems pretty clear that they will not be there.  In any event, it's always good to have a buzz about new music and tours.

If we're to take Axl at his word, and the recent studio time indicates that we can, it really seems that the concentration at present is on getting the next album cleaned up and out to the fans.  I see nothing on the immediate horizon, touring or otherwise, that would prevent it from coming out sooner than later.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3102 on: December 11, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »

It seemed also to work great for kid rock and Sheryl Crow.  With the picture song.   That may be one of kid rocks best songs.   Why was that?  It got great air play, S crows fan base and it was a nice song to listen too..  All the casual fans bought it

That would be cool if he were to do a song a la Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow.  Gwen Stefani just said that the only way she can make music is to collaborate.  That would be pretty cool, or someone like Lizzy Hale, or any of the county/pop crossover female artists. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3103 on: December 11, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »

It seemed also to work great for kid rock and Sheryl Crow.  With the picture song.   That may be one of kid rocks best songs.   Why was that?  It got great air play, S crows fan base and it was a nice song to listen too..  All the casual fans bought it

That would be cool if he were to do a song a la Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow.  Gwen Stefani just said that the only way she can make music is to collaborate.  That would be pretty cool, or someone like Lizzy Hale, or any of the county/pop crossover female artists. 

I know I'm likely alone in this, but I think it would be killer if Axl and Lana Del Rey did a track together.

Semi-Related: Does anyone else remember the rumor from like 10 years ago that Sarah Brightman recorded vocals for The General?
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3104 on: December 11, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »

I know I'm likely alone in this, but I think it would be killer if Axl and Lana Del Rey did a track together.

Semi-Related: Does anyone else remember the rumor from like 10 years ago that Sarah Brightman recorded vocals for The General?

Forgot about Lana Del Rey.  There is some history there. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3105 on: December 11, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »

There really isn't anyone I would be opposed to Axl collaborating with.

Some people get all up in arms if they don't like the person.  If its sounds good, who cares?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3106 on: December 11, 2014, 01:39:52 PM »

Some people get all up in arms if they don't like the person.  If its sounds good, who cares?

You see a lot of that from all the "rawkers" at MYGNR.  I don't buy into that crap.  My musical tastes are all over the place, and if Axl did a collaboration with an outside the box artist, I'd be way down for it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3107 on: December 11, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »

You see a lot of that from all the "rawkers" at MYGNR.  I don't buy into that crap.  My musical tastes are all over the place, and if Axl did a collaboration with an outside the box artist, I'd be way down for it.

Absolutely.

Look at a song like 'The Monster'.  Do many diehard Eminem fans rock a lot of Rihanna in their cars?  Doubt it.  But the girl sings a hell of a hook.

If the songs works, that's all that matters.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3108 on: December 11, 2014, 01:48:20 PM »

Collaboration with the right artist might help get something on the radio too.

Or just out in the mainstream, really.  (just to head off the "I don't even listen to the radio" too cool for the room types)

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3109 on: December 11, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »

Or just out in the mainstream, really.  (just to head off the "I don't even listen to the radio" too cool for the room types)

Oh, absolutely it wouldn't hurt.  When an artist like Gwen makes an off the cuff remark about how unless she collaborates with someone, it's not getting on the radio, it's telling of where the industry is at in that regard.  She's a top 40 artist when she puts out solo stuff.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:00:41 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #3110 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:15 PM »

Anyone think it's likely that we'll hear the first single soon, in the literal sense of the word?  I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that something big is going to happen within the next six months or so.   yes

::Axl, feel free to chime in.::  ok

Yup, I'm right there with ya!

I hope you're both right!!

I don't depend on new music by my favourite band but, you know, it gives ya something to look forward to

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3111 on: December 11, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »

Anyone think it's likely that we'll hear the first single soon, in the literal sense of the word?  I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that something big is going to happen within the next six months or so.   yes

I don't depend on new music by my favourite band but, you know, it gives ya something to look forward to

When you have more than 4 solid albums of quality music like GNR does, the back catalog will always be enough for fans to fall back on.  It just makes getting ANOTHER album from said band a colossal fucking bonus.  Grin
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3112 on: December 11, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »

When you have more than 4 solid albums of quality music like GNR does, the back catalog will always be enough for fans to fall back on.  It just makes getting ANOTHER album from said band a colossal fucking bonus.  Grin

Look how excited all of us "fans" are about the possibility of a new record from our "favorite" singer   Grin

I don't think Axl would ever do something with a random artist for radio play...I think he would have to be really inspired to work with X. But I certainly wouldn't mind if he did

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3113 on: December 11, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »

Look how excited all of us "fans" are about the possibility of a new record from our "favorite" singer   Grin

I don't think Axl would ever do something with a random artist for radio play...I think he would have to be really inspired to work with X. But I certainly wouldn't mind if he did

For the record, I don't think he would or should collaborate with anyone to get airplay.  But this thread is a giant mountain of hypotheticals.  Why not lob another on the pile?  Smiley
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3114 on: December 11, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »

For the record, I don't think he would or should collaborate with anyone to get airplay.  But this thread is a giant mountain of hypotheticals.  Why not lob another on the pile?  Smiley

Ha true

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #3115 on: December 11, 2014, 05:45:22 PM »

My, listen to the snark tone here

Personally "being cool" has absolutely  nothing to do with my non-radio habit, I simply don't like the music played on most "pop" list radio stations, and don't care for the same songs over and over on most classic rock stations.

Some of us care more about our real interests, and indulging such than what other people may think of our perceived persona, or appearing "cool" to others . Kiss

Looking forward to what 2015 may bring in GNR terms.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:56:33 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3116 on: December 11, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »

My, listen to the snark tone here

Personally "being cool" has absolutely  nothing to do with my non-radio habit, I simply don't like the music played on most "pop" list radio stations, and don't care for the same songs over and over on most classic rock stations.

Some of us care more about our real interests, and indulging such than what other people may think of our perceived persona, or appearing "cool" to others . Kiss

Looking forward to what 2015 may bring in GNR terms.

I just didn't want the point to get lost thinking I was only talking about the radio though. 

I meant any mainstream exposure.  Radio, Youtube, Facebook, an article on HuffPo saying they can't believe <insert name here> is on a song with Axl Rose.

Anything like that.  Its all a positive. 

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3117 on: December 11, 2014, 08:32:34 PM »

Chris is an engineer as much as he is a musician.
Chris' talents both onstage and behind the scenes should IMO be lauded and applauded!!!  yes

Him being in the studio with Axl is a good sign that what they're doing is more of a wrap up/clean up job on whatever is going on the album.
Are you sure this is a "good sign"?  Are you sure you're interrupting this "studio pic" correctly?  Look closely. 

Maybe Chris somehow lured/tricked Axl to come into that studio.  Quick thinking Axl, turned the tables on Chris and locked him inside that booth (notice all fingers on the hand are 'intact' and we all know that Axl is missing part of one of his fingers so it's not Axl inside there).  Axl then pumped some noxious gases into that booth and took that pic of Chris against the glass.  Axl then posted it to Chris' n' his own twitter as (1) a warning to anyone who might think they can outsmart Axl and (2) so someone can go to that studio and rescue Chris because Axl does admire n' respect Chris' talents and, when he's ready, will rely heavily on Chris for finishing up the final product.  Tongue

J/K   hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3118 on: December 11, 2014, 08:44:21 PM »

Hahahahaha

That's awesome, Gypsy.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3119 on: December 12, 2014, 06:22:36 AM »

Chris is an engineer as much as he is a musician.
Chris' talents both onstage and behind the scenes should IMO be lauded and applauded!!!  yes

Him being in the studio with Axl is a good sign that what they're doing is more of a wrap up/clean up job on whatever is going on the album.
Are you sure this is a "good sign"?  Are you sure you're interrupting this "studio pic" correctly?  Look closely. 

Maybe Chris somehow lured/tricked Axl to come into that studio.  Quick thinking Axl, turned the tables on Chris and locked him inside that booth (notice all fingers on the hand are 'intact' and we all know that Axl is missing part of one of his fingers so it's not Axl inside there).  Axl then pumped some noxious gases into that booth and took that pic of Chris against the glass.  Axl then posted it to Chris' n' his own twitter as (1) a warning to anyone who might think they can outsmart Axl and (2) so someone can go to that studio and rescue Chris because Axl does admire n' respect Chris' talents and, when he's ready, will rely heavily on Chris for finishing up the final product.  Tongue

J/K   hihi

That. Was. Comedy. Gold. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: