Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1597086 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2240 on: November 27, 2014, 07:38:05 PM »

Well Mortis and Bacon, you guys could be right. I know I'm definitely not always right. I think you're outlook is a little grim. Many people had a similar outlook before the release of CD. I was one of them. This time I have a different outlook because Axl pulled through last time (streamlined, actually Wink).

I dont think my outlook is grim at all.  I think they have a ton of possible great material already recorded.  They just need to release it.   I feel they are just not working on anything at all right now.

For me the outlook wasnt grim either, durring the recording process of CD either, it just took forever to release it.  However durring that time it wasnt hard at all to follow what was going on with the recording process.  You new they were working on things, becuase they were in studios with producers and techs and mixers.  The studio was involved and presuring them to release music.

Now, nothing.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2241 on: November 27, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »

Ah, I see. It's not that you think the album won't come out, it's that you think it has likely not been worked on recently. That is not all that grim. Maybe you guys are right. I could see them saying it's being worked on when it isn't so someone doesn't try and find the finished album in order to leak it. That would be an interesting approach to leak protection. If I were them though, I'd just wear adult diapers.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #2242 on: November 28, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »

Are they really working on a new album? I do not see it - I am sorry.

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out," Rose says in the interview. "We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65856.0

They have been saying this stuff for four years though! DJ has already announced new shows for 2015. Cannot see it.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2243 on: November 28, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »

Ah, I see. It's not that you think the album won't come out, it's that you think it has likely not been worked on recently. That is not all that grim. Maybe you guys are right. I could see them saying it's being worked on when it isn't so someone doesn't try and find the finished album in order to leak it. That would be an interesting approach to leak protection. If I were them though, I'd just wear adult diapers.

No, I said a lot of stuff has already been recorded and all they have to do is release it.  Do I think Axl will?  Ya I think he will.   Do I think it will be soon.   Nope.  I think it will be in a long time

Here are a list of all the studios that were used during the recording of CD. 

Recorded
1999?2008
 Battery Soundtrack, Bennett House, Can Am, Capitol Studios, Cherokee Studios, Electric Lady Studios, IGA, The Palms, Rumbo, Sunset Sound Recorders, The Townhouse, The Village, Woodland Ranch

That's a lot.  And you knew at the time that they were in these studios working....

So in regards to if they are working on a album now, mixing it as some band member said...   Where is this happening and with who?   There is no secret location with some secret location.

In regards to them touring next year.   I think this is the only thing that will happen.  If at all.  I doubt it will be with the last touring band line up we saw play live either.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2244 on: November 28, 2014, 11:14:47 AM »

There has to be away to skip to certain sections in these threads when trying to read them all.  There is 113 pages on this thread and I started to read from the beginning, but would like to skip to say, page 50.  Anyway?

Also it seems like a lot of posters on this forum have given up, or just don't post anymore...   

I also like how optimistic most people were years ago and how we are quoting the band, from YEARS ago about the fact that they have recorded a ton of music.

Other than the blind faith, I believe in anything Axl does posts.   I don't see to many, thought-inspiring truly optimistic postings about all of this.   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2245 on: November 28, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »

With all the positivity in the thread.... Makes you wonder why some people are posting. They don't want the band to tour and they don't think GN'R will release any new music. What's the purpose of posting on a GN'R fan site if you don't think, or want the band to do anything?

To keep repeating "It's never coming out"?

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2246 on: November 28, 2014, 11:52:07 AM »

With all the positivity in the thread.... Makes you wonder why some people are posting. They don't want the band to tour and they don't think GN'R will release any new music. What's the purpose of posting on a GN'R fan site if you don't think, or want the band to do anything?

Tongue

/jarmo

Well I thought the whole point of this thread was to speculate on the next album release.  If by that its was meant that it was only to speculate in a positive manner, I didn't know...   

I don't think asking questions is not negative...  I don't think saying guns as a bunch of recorded songs that I want them to release is negative..  I don't think it is negative to think they are not working on a new album either   I just think they are.

I think new music will be released   I hope it is.  I just think it will be soon.  If it is, damn that will be great!!

I think guns will go on tour next year, I don't think it will be with the current touring band as we see it.  If it is, perfect.   If it isn't, perfect.   I don't see that as negative,  I would be happy with any band members Axl chooses to tour with, as long as we get a tour. 

I have come to a guns fan site to discuss guns.  Not praise or type silly Axl worship posts.  But to honestly discuss the Band, the history, the future, tell stories, speculate on this, over analyze things....   That's whats its all about..

I consider someones all time fav band to be like there all time fav sports team.  With both, I support, spend time and money on, travel to see, watch all the time, read as much info on, I am critical of decisions both make, I praise decisions both make.  But at the end of the day I am a die hard fan of both
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2247 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:32 PM »

Yes, it's called speculation thread. So if somebody thinks there's never gonna be a new GN'R release, what else is there to speculate if that's their opinion?
To argue with others who think otherwise and try to convince us we are wrong?

Seems like a waste of time.  Cheesy

We went from something constructive for a few days to the regular non-constructive talk pretty fast.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2248 on: November 28, 2014, 12:18:11 PM »

Yes, it's called speculation thread. So if somebody thinks there's never gonna be a new GN'R release, what else is there to speculate if that's their opinion?

We went from something constructive for a few days to the regular non-constructive talk pretty fast.

/jarmo

I agree....  I am not a fan of the no new music posts as much as I am a fan of the blind faith axl rocks posts.   Neither adds anything to any conversation..

Its very easy to say, we will never ever hear new music.   Just like its very easy to say, we will hear new music they band said so!!

Lets try and be a little more creative in the conversations.  As long as its in support of Guns, I don't see anything wrong with a little friendly debate here and there.  It dosnt always have to be positive. 

But I do agree that some people seem to post, just for the sake of sounding negative and are not really adding anything
mortismurphy
« Reply #2249 on: November 28, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

I can only answer for myself but allow me to clarify, I have my doubts about it coming out. I'd like to be proven wrong.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2250 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

I can only answer for myself but allow me to clarify, I have my doubts about it coming out. I'd like to be proven wrong.

You don't think we will see gnr release any new music ever, in the form of an album?   Ever? 

As much as I don't think they are currently working on anything and we may not see any new material "soon'.   I really think we will see something some day.    I could see if the band had NEVER put out music, but history has shown, they PUT out music.   It may just take a very long time now.  haha
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2251 on: November 28, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »

/jarmo

I think a lack of discussion over speculation on this "next" album, is it seems a lot of people do not want to talk about why we havnt seen anything yet.   And ask questions regarding it.  This is nothing wrong with keeping an open mind and asking questions. 

What a Christmas present it would be.  If say after my kids open all there presents that Santa brought them and as I am waiting for the Christmas turkey to finish cooking I take a break from the day and log in online to check the world news.   And what do I find.  The worlds biggest topic, is that GNR are streaming there new album/unreleased songs for free over the internet on there web page. 

Axls Christmas present to all.  And to all a good night
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2252 on: November 28, 2014, 04:05:07 PM »

is it seems a lot of people do not want to talk about why we havnt seen anything yet.   And ask questions regarding it. This is nothing wrong with keeping an open mind and asking questions. 

Oh but we've had that "discussion" and the consensus among those who are most annoyed is that it's Axl's fault. We all know this.

These people aren't interested in a discussion and/or anything relating to an open mind.

I'll give you the quick notes on what those discussion boil down to: It's not GN'R. It's Axl's fault. They want the album, but it's not coming out. They don't like this and that about the next album, but they swear they'll listen to it with an open mind.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:08:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2253 on: November 28, 2014, 04:39:06 PM »

What a Christmas present it would be.  If say after my kids open all there presents that Santa brought them and as I am waiting for the Christmas turkey to finish cooking I take a break from the day and log in online to check the world news.   And what do I find.  The worlds biggest topic, is that GNR are streaming there new album/unreleased songs for free over the internet on there web page. 

Right there with you my friend.

I can't think of a better Christmas Day!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
mortismurphy
« Reply #2254 on: November 28, 2014, 04:44:26 PM »

Right there with you my friend.

I can't think of a better Christmas Day!

Axl's not Beyonce!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2255 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »

^^maybe not!! Cheesy

But I do think, deep down, he wants the fans who actually appreciate Guns to hear the tracks that he has crafted over the years

mortismurphy
« Reply #2256 on: November 28, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »

^^maybe not!! Cheesy

But I do think, deep down, he wants the fans who actually appreciate Guns to hear the tracks that he has crafted over the years

Exceedingly, 'deep down'; Marianas Trench deep.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2257 on: November 28, 2014, 05:41:13 PM »

^Dont get the cynicism - no offence.

We don't know about, let alone understand, the issues surrounding a potential new release.

It's not that easy getting a record out in this day and age.

mortismurphy
« Reply #2258 on: November 28, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »

It's not that easy getting a record out in this day and age.

I am not sure I agree there, that is for already established signed acts.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2259 on: November 28, 2014, 06:13:57 PM »

^and yet there have been a few reported incidences over the years of established acts who have been told by their respective labels to change what has been handed in because the music tendered does not fit the record company's vision of what appeals to people

Crazy shit, no doubt

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: