Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1598808 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2200 on: November 26, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »

If you are a big time band with big time hits, and are also charging big time prices, you need to have your signature songs in there.  That's part of the deal.

This is why the post that started all this (my willingness to trade 'Rocket Queen' for a new song) I went with a song that would not really meet that criteria.  I would never suggest WTTJ or YCBM be dropped, for instance.

Ya I am going to disagree with this....    Well well in 1992 if they didn't play wttj live that would both suck and be pretty weird.   I wouldn't like that as a fan.  

But that's 1992 when that song is very fresh and the band even though mb at its peak is still very fresh.  Doing some of the first concerts ever in certain places.

I will add a little to my argument in regards to dropping some of the hits

If someone in this day and age was bummed about them not playing it.  I would say we're have you been for the past 20years?    That's shitty lucky then if you picked the one show to attend in the past 20 years where your hot isn't played.  

I am also not saying to drop these hits from every show.   Just mix them up.   I could see if guns played some far off place on earth for the first time ever they should be playing all there hits.  No question.    But if you are a fan in say Las Vegas.   You have had plenty of opportunity to catch these classic songs played live many times
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2201 on: November 26, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

I am also not saying to drop these hits from every show.   Just mix them up.   I could see if guns played some far off place on earth for the first time ever they should be playing all there hits.  No question.    But if you are a fan in say Las Vegas.   You have had plenty of opportunity to catch these classic songs played live many times

Most people see a tour once.  Its the rare guy that goes multiple nights in one city, and the even rarer guy that goes to multiple cities.

I think you have to have at least a little respect for the overwhelming majority.

There is a concept that was taught in every single marketing class I took in college.  Every day at your establishment should be the best it can possibly be, because that might well be the only time the person is ever there.  You want them leaving feeling they got their money's worth.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2202 on: November 26, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »

Most people see a tour once.  Its the rare guy that goes multiple nights in one city, and the even rarer guy that goes to multiple cities.

I think you have to have at least a little respect for the overwhelming majority.

There is a concept that was taught in every single marketing class I took in college.  Every day at your establishment should be the best it can possibly be, because that might well be the only time the person is ever there.  You want them leaving feeling they got their money's worth.

I am talking about what I want.  Not what is best for buisness or what is best for the overal majority.

You youself have tried to make the argument that the current version of guns plays to only a fraction of the fans the previous versions of this band used to play too.   So the argument could also be said that really the people that are going to see them play these days are the die hard fans and not the great majority.   So now I question if this is the case and guns goes on tour to support a new album with new music and the crowds start increasing.   Wouldn't that in itself be proof that people want to hear the new music.    A healthy balance is always the best between new old music and deep cuts and hits.   

Personally I just love it when a artist tours a new album and plays that Album. 

I would as argue that this day and age with guns the majority of people see mulitple shows durring a leg of a tour. And a lot of people travel.    When I travelled to see guns in vegas a couple years ago for multiple shows I was def not the minority in regards to this.  I would say it was the majority

To me there is a big difference in seeing a band you like in your home town on any given night.    And seeing your fav band in the world.    For the any  band you like, I will use the example of myself last week seeing fleetwood Mac live.   Well it was a great show and I loved it.   I would never see them mulitple times or travel to see them.  Now my fav band in the world. Guns.   I will try and see as many shows as possible durring a tour as I can.   It's so much fun.  Especially if I get to travel to new places and make a vacation out of it
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2203 on: November 26, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »

You youself have tried to make the argument that the current version of guns plays to only a fraction of the fans the previous versions of this band used to play too.   So the argument could also be said that really the people that are going to see them play these days are the die hard fans and not the great majority.

Actually, that's not exactly my argument about their demand.

My argument is more that only a fraction of their once enormous fanbase accepts this as Guns N' Roses to an extent they'd pay to see it.  I think they play smaller crowds because they aren't drawing from their alltime fanbase.  Many have long cashed out on Guns N' Roses. 

They are drawing from people that are super gung-ho about their current line-up, and older fans that can roll with whatever Axl is giving them in 2014.  And the combination of both groups is still a pretty small number of what it once was.

If you look at the posters here, isn't that the make-up, those two groups?  And are we a real big bunch?  Can we even field opposing tackle football teams for a BBQ?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2204 on: November 26, 2014, 04:07:44 PM »

My argument is more that only a fraction of their once enormous fanbase accepts this as Guns N' Roses to an extent they'd pay to see it.  I think they play smaller crowds because they aren't drawing from their alltime fanbase.  Many have long cashed out on Guns N' Roses. 

They are drawing from people that are super gung-ho about their current line-up, and older fans that can roll with whatever Axl is giving them in 2014.  And the combination of both groups is still a pretty small number of what it once was.

If you look at the posters here, isn't that the make-up, those two groups?  And are we a real big bunch?  Can we even field opposing tackle football teams for a BBQ?

Talk about a flawed argument.

This Guns N' Roses fan site alone has averaged OVER 2 MILLION VISITORS PER YEAR over it's 18 year history!!! (and that doesn't even take into account the people that by-pass the main site page and come straight here to the forum!!!)

Considering the fact that this site was started after Slash was officially out of the band and three years after the release of TSI, I'd say that averaging over 2 million plus visitors per year to any one particular fan site of any band is kind of a good indication that the band's popularity and fanbase is doing just fine.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2205 on: November 26, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »

This Guns N' Roses fan site alone has averaged OVER 2 MILLION VISITORS PER YEAR over it's 18 year history!!! (and that doesn't even take into account the people that by-pass the main site page and come straight here to the forum!!!)

Considering the fact that this site was started after Slash was officially out of the band and three years after the release of TSI, I'd say that averaging over 2 million plus visitors per year to any one particular fan site of any band is kind of a good indication that the band's popularity and fanbase is doing just fine.

In any given week, are there 22 unique posters? 

Look at these threads.  Same names.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2206 on: November 26, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »

You youself have tried to make the argument that the current version of guns plays to only a fraction of the fans the previous versions of this band used to play too.   So the argument could also be said that really the people that are going to see them play these days are the die hard fans and not the great majority.

Well I didn't attended to to turn my above points into a debate over there current demand.  You stated your opinion on it but not in how it affected the post above in which it was attended

In regards to the fan base   I would say it's no different than any other band.   We have hard core guns n roses fans.  And then casual gun n roses fans.   I would say this message board would be filled with the majority of hard core fans.   I love all different types of music and band. But I don't belong to any other msg board.  I am not a hard core fan of any other bands. 

Just like any other bands if guns wants bigger main stream success in certain markets they have to attract the casual live music/Rock music fan.   These are the fans that will be coming out and filling up the stadiums and arenas.  Us hard core fans and casuaL guns fans are already going to the shows

I feel the only way to attract newer casual live music fans or rock fans or new guns n roses fans.  Is to release as much new music as possible and hope it sticks with these people.   Then tour that product. 

They are already playing the hits and attracting the crowds just.    By going to a town and playing wttj for the 10 th time will not attract new fans.  and if they don't play it they won't loose any more fans.   Just look at what we accept now!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2207 on: November 26, 2014, 04:45:39 PM »

Considering the fact that this site was started after Slash was officially out of the band and three years after the release of TSI, I'd say that averaging over 2 million plus visitors per year to any one particular fan site of any band is kind of a good indication that the band's popularity and fanbase is doing just fine.

Well we have turned this one original post into 111 pages. 

There is just no news to talk about I think.  And you only get so much out of talking to curtain posters who talk about axls vision and they are happy with anything.    God for bid you have an opinion of your own! 

I think if we actually got some real updates.   Or just emagine new music!!   The message boards would be electric.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2208 on: November 26, 2014, 04:46:28 PM »

And?
Again, you just ignore the FACTS in an attempt to justify your negative spin.
Just because people choose not to post takes nothing away from the FACT that this ONE OF MANY Guns N' Roses fan sites still averages over 2 million visitors per year!!!
Plus the MILLIONS of GNR fans who follow the band on the other fan sites/forums and on facebook and on twitter, etc.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2209 on: November 26, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »

What u doing here Gypsy? Go back to refreshing the frontpage Grin

Forums are not for everyone. Pretty far from it actually. Same with fandom.

I wouldn't be suprised if most come to the shows to see a big rockband, hear the afd-stuff and Axl's voice. Where's slash (tm). hihi
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:59:46 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2210 on: November 26, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »

exactly...we have no idea what is going on so speculating is worthless at this point. We know he has plenty of music to work with. When it is released is anyone's guess.

So we arnt even alowed to question comments that band members of the band have recently said?   

No questions at all?

Where are thy mixing this album?

don't know how long you have been around Gnr boards but the speculating game has been going on since 1998....knock yourself out trying to figure it out. Good luck but my best guess is that you will find yourself spinning in circles with no answers to any of the questions you pose

All true, but I don't see how that means we can't ask.

Who else is even interested in this, other than fellow fans?  If we can't talk amongst ourselves, who do we talk to?

Oh I love discusing this band and I love learning more about the process that was the recording of cd.  I look forward to the future of the band and continue to support them

However a lot of this is very frustrating.   Just in regards to getting new material out of the band.   

I love talking with fans of this band.   But what is even more frustrating is when people answer honest questions. With.   I will be happy with anything this band does.   Or.  I respect axls decisions so much that I will never question any thing or even try to continue a conversation regarding anything

So if a band member says they are working on new material.   When I am curious and want to know where and with who they are working on    People just say.  That's cool!   I can't wait!    Ugh

I am a at work right now stairing at a wall and I think if I started a conversation with this wall I may get more insite   And this wall dosnt look very smart hahahaha

Nobody knows where they are working on the album. Good luck finding an answer. Maybe they are just making it up, you could be right.. Or maybe, just maybe, Axl is super secretive about what he is doing because like I said before, last time A BUNCH OF HIS SONGS LEAKED and maybe he wanted to take PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES to PREVENT HALF OF THE FUCKING ALBUM FROM LEAKING AGAIN.  Wink

Also, you guys must be right about the album being completely done too. I'm pretty sure Dizzy just makes shit up for the fun of it. Or maybe it's an inside joke for Axl when he sees Dizzy make these kinds of announcements so he just lets him do it without ever setting the record straight.

Baconman, Has anyone here ever said "I will be happy no matter what this band does" or "I respect Axl's decisions so much that I will never question anything"? I personally said I will be happy with whatever they do as long as they keep dishing out bad ass music.

If they release an album I want it to be at least as good as CD. That's a pretty high expectation as far as I can tell. If Axl needs to spend five more years and twenty million dollars working on the next album in some unknown studio in Uranus, quite frankly I don't give a damn as long as when it does come out it lives up to the GNR standard. I don't care who records over what or any of that shit. It's not so much sticking up for Axl, it's just that I could not possibly care less.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2211 on: November 26, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »

I think if we actually got some real updates.   Or just emagine new music!!   The message boards would be electric.

There's a bit more action during tours, because we had video clips and whatnot.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2212 on: November 26, 2014, 06:07:25 PM »

There's a bit more action during tours, because we had video clips and whatnot.

That sounds like a lot of fun, following the tour via nearby shows and youtube and talking about it on here with everyone. I haven't had the chance to be a part of that yet.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2213 on: November 26, 2014, 06:08:01 PM »

And?
Again, you just ignore the FACTS in an attempt to justify your negative spin.
Just because people choose not to post takes nothing away from the FACT that this ONE OF MANY Guns N' Roses fan sites still averages over 2 million visitors per year!!!
Plus the MILLIONS of GNR fans who follow the band on the other fan sites/forums and on facebook and on twitter, etc.

The comparison to the board make-up was just a throwaway line, for christ's sake.  

Must we always single out the throwaway line if it spares us talking about the actual point?

Here was what was important :

Forget the joke at the end.  The discussion was never about message boards.  It was a throwaway line.  A snappy close.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2214 on: November 26, 2014, 06:08:33 PM »

exactly...we have no idea what is going on so speculating is worthless at this point. We know he has plenty of music to work with. When it is released is anyone's guess.

So we arnt even alowed to question comments that band members of the band have recently said?   

No questions at all?

don't know how long you have been around Gnr boards but the speculating game has been going on since 1998....knock yourself out trying to figure it out. Good luck but my best guess is that you will find yourself spinning in circles with no answers to any of the questions you pose

Who else is even interested in this, other than fellow fans?  If we can't talk amongst ourselves, who do we talk to?

Oh I love discusing this band and I love learning more about the process that was the recording of cd.  I look forward to the future of the band and continue to support them

However a lot of this is very frustrating.   Just in regards to getting new material out of the band.   

I love talking with fans of this band.   But what is even more frustrating is when people answer honest questions. With.   I will be happy with anything this band does.   Or.  I respect axls decisions so much that I will never question any thing or even try to continue a conversation regarding anything

So if a band member says they are working on new material.   When I am curious and want to know where and with who they are working on    People just say.  That's cool!   I can't wait!    Ugh

I am a at work right now stairing at a wall and I think if I started a conversation with this wall I may get more insite   And this wall dosnt look very smart hahahaha

Nobody knows where they are working on the album. Good luck finding an answer. Maybe they are just making it up, you could be right.. Or maybe, just maybe, Axl is super secretive about what he is doing because like I said before, last time A BUNCH OF HIS SONGS LEAKED and maybe he wanted to take PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES to PREVENT HALF OF THE FUCKING ALBUM FROM LEAKING AGAIN.  Wink

Also, you guys must be right about the album being completely done too. I'm pretty sure Dizzy just makes shit up for the fun of it. Or maybe it's an inside joke for Axl when he sees Dizzy make these kinds of announcements so he just lets him do it without ever setting the record straight.

Baconman, Has anyone here ever said "I will be happy no matter what this band does" or "I respect Axl's decisions so much that I will never question anything"? I personally said I will be happy with whatever they do as long as they keep dishing out bad ass music.

If they release an album I want it to be at least as good as CD. That's a pretty high expectation as far as I can tell. If Axl needs to spend five more years and twenty million dollars working on the next album in some unknown studio in Uranus, quite frankly I don't give a damn as long as when it does come out it lives up to the GNR standard. I don't care who records over what or any of that shit. It's not so much sticking up for Axl, it's just that I could not possibly care less.

So when a band member says they are working on new material.  What is your responce?   Do you just smile and say that's cool I can't wait to hear it.  

Well as excited as I am to hear new stuff, I would have one sore face from smiling everytime I hear they are working on new material     As they have been saying it for a very long long time.   With nothing real creditable to back it up with just random band member x saying random stuff

Now if you choose to ignore what my opinion was on what was going on that's fine but I will post it again

I in no way at all think anyone member of guns is thinking this is a joke or making things up.   I however think there is such a buffer between Axl and the band that the band dosnt really know what's going on.   I think they may say things at times that arnt going on for whatever reason and that comes off as very misleading.   The only one that can truely say what's going on in guns na roses is Axl.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2215 on: November 26, 2014, 06:10:29 PM »

You know, if you just reorder these a bit, like this :

Has anyone here ever said "I will be happy no matter what this band does" or "I respect Axl's decisions so much that I will never question anything"?

...then aren't you doing just that?

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2216 on: November 26, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »

No questions at all?

What's the GNR standard?  

I would argue that you do care how long it takes for an album to come out.  Especially since you stated "as long as it lives up to the GNR standard". You think if Axl puts out an album when he's 80, it will be up to GNR standards?  Possibly, but I highly doubt it.  The older you get, things change and it's more difficult.  Voice, health, life events, etc.  It's already obvious it's tough for him to hit certain notes he once did.  The music can still be good, but standards change over time.  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2217 on: November 26, 2014, 06:19:30 PM »

No questions at all?

A couple more things.  

Don't take this as negative.  Or I hope your dosnt explode.  But I feel not one person can answer where this album is being worked on right now     Is because its not being worked on.     This would now go down almost as the longest mixing process in the history of mixing    

Also as much as I love and respect the mans music.  A lot of the blame for the cd leaks has to fall on axls shoulders.   I am not talking about the insane amount of time he was sitting on this music.   But I am talking about all those accounts of him ending up in random clubs and partys all over the place with a copy of demos and later full versions of cd in his pocket.  Playing this music on random dj equipment with various people listening to it.    

Again not that is negative hahaha.  I am just laughing right now thinking how cool right now it would be to be sitting in a strip club some place at 2 am in the morning and have Axl walk in and play cd version 2 for the bar.   That would be so freaking cool.  
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2218 on: November 26, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »

This interface and typing on a iPhone really don't gell well together

I wonder what some fans would say or do if Axl came out and said there will never be any more music from guns and that he was buring all the master recordings of the unreleased cd recordings.    I truely think some people would just smile Nd say ok Axl      
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2219 on: November 26, 2014, 06:44:33 PM »

You know, if you just reorder these a bit, like this :

Has anyone here ever said "I will be happy no matter what this band does" or "I respect Axl's decisions so much that I will never question anything"?

...then aren't you doing just that?

No, I will not be happy no matter what this band does. I will be happy with whatever they do as long as the music they release is up to the GNR standard (yes, I realize this standard from my point of view is subjective. I know my version of the GNR standard when I hear it). Whatever means they approach to achieving that end, I do not care. Damnthehaters, If Axl waits til he is 80 years old and releases a record with him weezing and coughing on it, that record would not live up to anyone's GNR standard as far as I can guess. As for people wanting so bad for me to be unhappy about something, what do I actually have to be unhappy about? I have CD, I play it all the time. It's my favorite album. I payed 12 bucks for it. I got my money's worth. If that happens again I will be happy. If it doesn't I will be disappointed.

When I hear news about the album it does make me a little excited. Always glad to see them talking about it. I don't feel the need to pick apart their statements and see if everything adds up or whatever. I just don't care enough to do that. What good is it going to get me? Oh, well Dizzy said being done, Axl said finished, and Ron's posts are all written in the past tense, so that means your mom's a man and she won't be on the next album... No, I'm not into that. I just try to take what they say at face value. If things don't pan out the way they thought they would, so be it. It's not like they are keeping the album from me just to fuck with me.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: