Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:54:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1600736 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2160 on: November 25, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »

"There's a wealth of material that's been recorded and written and a lot of it's done, a lot of it's being done..." Dizzy

So from that quote I gather that a lot of things are still being worked on.

As for Guns already releasing a funny video, I do think the sense of humor of the masses has changed a lot since then. Not saying that it isn't funny at all but it's not the kind of humor I had in mind. I think the quirky and complex humor that has come along since the release of forty year old virgin and the rise of adult swim to popularity, not to mention shows like family guy and south park, and the way the internet has changed humor in general could be an interesting fit for a GNR video. Besides, I can see Axl doing a lot with a funny video when I take into consideration the more recent incarnations of his personality. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying there has to be a funny video or a video at all, but it does strike me as an entertaining possibility.

Baconman, if I am not mistaken Axl himself said that he thought the Guns videos were a little corny. I have never read that quote but I have heard it repeated a lot so it could or could not be true. I don't have anything against the old Guns videos, I actually really like them, but I think taking yourself super seriously is not as cool as it used to be. I'm sure it can still be cool if it's done right but I also feel it's good to be able to laugh at yourself or laugh in general and cheese it up a little from time to time.

Why don't you also get from that quote that a lot of it is done?  His words certainly create the impression that not much else needs to be done...because a lot is done.

The only quotes that really matter are Axl's:  "But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That?s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That?s been done for a while, too."

Already recorded...been done for a while...does that indicate a lot more needs to be worked on?  The problem is having to parse through the semantics (done v. finished) and then reconcile the band's words with their actions.  They don't seem to match up. 
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2161 on: November 25, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »

I do see that there is a lot that is done from that quote, but apparently there is also a lot that is still being done. Yeah there's Axl's quote but Dizzy's is more recent by almost half a year or so (Axl did that interview back in May didn't he?). Maybe Axl thought it was finished but then decided to keep going on it? I don't know what the "a lot of it's being done" part refers to so I can't say.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:16:47 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2162 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:40 PM »

So just for arguments sakeA few questions.   So in that dizzy interview even he says they have stuff finished and working on new thing or whatever.  The quote is above   So I take it from that that they are waiting for everything to be finished before released?   My question. Really is.  Who is working on this work and where?   Durring the cd recording process we new all the studios all the engs drs and techs working on the album.  All the mixers.  Etc...    And not after the fact but durring the process.    So if they are working on finishing stuff, where are they doing this??   What studio?   Who are the techs and engeners or even producers that they have brought in to currently work on this material being worked on??  Shouldnt we have heard of something?    What is the studios current involvement in the relase of new albums?   

Or are we just supposed to accept the news that there is lots recorded and they are working on new stuff and it will be out soon and when axl wants it to be, with out quesfioning any of that?    Where is it being worked on and with who
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2163 on: November 25, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »

It would be neat to hear about those kinds of things. I guess they are a secret. If the band says they have recorded stuff or are working on stuff or whatever, I generally give them the benefit of the doubt. Can't really see them just making it up.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2164 on: November 25, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »

It would be neat to hear about those kinds of things. I guess they are a secret. If the band says they have recorded stuff or are working on stuff or whatever, I generally give them the benefit of the doubt. Can't really see them just making it up.

I would never say the guns camp would lie    But what I would say is that it is axla final say and sometimes it seems the communication between him and some of the band members is lacking, in my own eyes.   Axla vision could of changed and not of been communicated to the band member who continue to deliver the msg that stuf is being worked on and has been recorded and stuff.   This would then come accross as misleading

There is no secret to what happens durring the cd recoding process.  There is one magazine that had around a 20 page document regarding it and there many eye witness accounts of what happens.   Just nothing official released from the band.  Which would be kick ass

In fact the current.  Process.  Of working on new material and getting this already recorded material onto mastered albums is much more secretive than anything durring the cd recording process.  Does anyone know who is working on whT with who and where?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2165 on: November 25, 2014, 10:19:15 PM »

I don't see any reason why the band wouldn't be let in on things like the status of the album or the various aspects of it's production. They probably know but they just aren't allowed to tell us. I doubt Axl tells them the album is done and then secretly changes his mind. They probably have a meeting or something. Hell, I don't know haha.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2166 on: November 25, 2014, 10:49:31 PM »

I don't see any reason why the band wouldn't be let in on things like the status of the album or the various aspects of it's production. They probably know but they just aren't allowed to tell us. I doubt Axl tells them the album is done and then secretly changes his mind. They probably have a meeting or something. Hell, I don't know haha.

Know what?   If the stuff is already recording and in the mixing process or what ever...  where is this happening?  where is the band writing new songs?  who are the techs working on the album and who is producing it.  If it is happening word would of gotten out about those just asked questions..   Unless its all happening in some top secret base, that no one out side of the guns camp knows about.   
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2167 on: November 25, 2014, 10:59:22 PM »

Baconman: "If it is happening word would of gotten out about those just asked questions.. "
I don't quite understand what you are implying. Can you clarify a little?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:01:33 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2168 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:20 PM »

Baconman: "If it is happening word would of gotten out about those just asked questions.. "
I don't quite understand what you are implying. Can you clarify a little?

Sure if they are working on the album some place with some people, word would of gotten out from some source about where they are actually working on this or who is all involved in the process of getting this album out.

So where is this all happening?  Who is involved...  I asked many other questions regarding this.  But I cant find answers any place.   
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2169 on: November 25, 2014, 11:25:10 PM »

Maybe answers to those questions are available to the public, if they are I don't know about them, but if they aren't then it is probably because Guns keeps a real tight lock down on their shit nowadays. I don't blame them after so much of the last Album got leaked. Privacy is a really big issue nowadays, it's basically non existent. I can see Axl going through great lengths to keep his treasure from being plundered this time.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2170 on: November 25, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »

Maybe answers to those questions are available to the public, if they are I don't know about them, but if they aren't then it is probably because Guns keeps a real tight lock down on their shit nowadays. I don't blame them after so much of the last Album got leaked. Privacy is a really big issue nowadays, it's basically non existent. I can see Axl going through great lengths to keep his treasure from being plundered this time.

Ya mb someone out there knows, because I havnt heard or read anything...   Just the general statements, by whoever in the band, that they are working on stuff..     That I have been hearing for many years..  But now this year.   I would just like to know a few of those answers.   And you are right, either guns has the camp so locked down, unlike any other band in history and there is no way ever to find out where they are working on this album and with the help from who....   Or there is something else going on, which I don't know either
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2171 on: November 26, 2014, 09:36:54 AM »

I'm kind of shocked this many of you think songs still have to be worked on.  Its been how many years, folks?

Or, is all of this a way to sort of cushion the blow if Axl once again does not deliver? 

In other words, its harder to accept if the songs are done, and in like, 15 months, he couldn't pick a freakin' track listing.  But it might be easier of you can convince yourself the work isn't even done yet.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2172 on: November 26, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »

I'm kind of shocked this many of you think songs still have to be worked on.  Its been how many years, folks?

Or, is all of this a way to sort of cushion the blow if Axl once again does not deliver? 

In other words, its harder to accept if the songs are done, and in like, 15 months, he couldn't pick a freakin' track listing.  But it might be easier of you can convince yourself the work isn't even done yet.

Yeah, unless he's absolutely hellbent on DJ Ashba putting his mark on, oh let's say, 'Seven' - these songs have to be done, save for additional mixing and mastering.  If Axl's initial intent, per his chats, was to put this thing out a year after Chinese, you would have to figure in late 2008, the album was already near completion.  Tack 6 additional years on to that, and if it's not done by now, I don't know what to tell you.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2173 on: November 26, 2014, 10:09:31 AM »

Speaking about funny videos, wasn't "Garden of Eden" a funny video the way they looked?  Also DX disagree with you on "Rocket Queen" . That song should always be in the set list. That songs exemplifies what GNR does best
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2174 on: November 26, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »

Yeah, unless he's absolutely hellbent on DJ Ashba putting his mark on, oh let's say, 'Seven' - these songs have to be done, save for additional mixing and mastering.  If Axl's initial intent, per his chats, was to put this thing out a year after Chinese, you would have to figure in late 2008, the album was already near completion.  Tack 6 additional years on to that, and if it's not done by now, I don't know what to tell you.

Would you not to chalk some of that up to doubt?  I know that's on the verboten side of things to suggest, but is there another explanation?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2175 on: November 26, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »

But they said they are working on it   In some unknown place with unknown people other than the band working in it. I just don't get that.    I don't want to call what someone of the band members said as false.   I just have the feeling they are not in the loop of what is going on and mb axla mind has changed in regards to putting anything out right away.   Just my thought.    I just find it hard to beleave we know of not one location this is being worked on and with no one in the record industry involved in mixing or producing or mastering etc....     Am I missing something here.    I want to beleave.  Trust me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2176 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:09 AM »

Speaking about funny videos, wasn't "Garden of Eden" a funny video the way they looked?  Also DX disagree with you on "Rocket Queen" . That song should always be in the set list. That songs exemplifies what GNR does best

Well, I look at it like this.

Jungle
Paradise
Sweet Child
Live And Let Die
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
You Could Be Mine

Those are 7 songs, never coming out of the setlist, ever.  Nor should they.  They are signature tunes.  I would call them tier 1 songs.

Tier 2, I think, would be :

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone

While not singles or radio hits, its also a bit hard to see them being dropped.  You are up to 10 songs now.

Tier 3 :

Rocket Queen
Patience
Don't Cry
Estranged

This is where I think cuts have to start to be made.  I, personally, would make 'Patience' a permanent member of the security council and a tier 1 tune, but it has been dropped for entire tours.

Once you factor in whatever CD tunes make the next setlist, and whatever new covers, you are starting to run out of real estate.  Cuts have to be made somewhere.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2177 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »

But they said they are working on it   In some unknown place with unknown people other than the band working in it. I just don't get that.    I don't want to call what someone of the band members said as false.   I just have the feeling they are not in the loop of what is going on and mb axla mind has changed in regards to putting anything out right away.   Just my thought.    I just find it hard to beleave we know of not one location this is being worked on and with no one in the record industry involved in mixing or producing or mastering etc....     Am I missing something here.    I want to beleave.  Trust me

Well, this is where I come in.  I'll say all that stuff for you.

I do not believe any serious work has been done on any of this in some time.  Even if DJ, Ron, or whoever else was going to be added to these CD sessions tracks, that's done and been done.  Mixed and mastered?  No, likely not.  But there is no new work that has to be done or intends to be done.

I don't think the other guys in the band are holding out on us.  I truly believe they have no idea what's going on because Axl doesn't tell them shit.  This is not a band in that sense.  Its Axl's show.  Axl is the lone named partner in this firm.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #2178 on: November 26, 2014, 10:25:15 AM »

GN'R was always Axls vision. It doesn't matter who is in the band or not. Also he is the only songwriter. The others are just co-songwriters.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2179 on: November 26, 2014, 10:28:34 AM »

Would you not to chalk some of that up to doubt?  I know that's on the verboten side of things to suggest, but is there another explanation?

I don't know about doubt, since everything we've heard about the unreleased tracks has been nothing but superlative.  BUT it does certainly show a complete lack of a concrete plan to get the next album out over the past six years.  Why that happened is anyone's guess.  As always, all we can hope is that the wheels are finally turning in that regard behind the scenes.  Who knows?  Maybe this time there's something to the rumblings.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: