Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:27:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1604794 times)
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2120 on: November 24, 2014, 10:24:46 AM »

I don't know what the record company or band is thinking.

I think it's an interesting discussion because there's all kinds of possibilities. With pros and cons.
Unlike only a few years ago when it was CD and iTunes.

/jarmo

You know what would be fun for the fans, and great publicity for the band? If they dropped a new song every week for 14 weeks. That way they could hold the public's attention for months, instead of a one-and-done stunt like U2 tried.

I like this idea

"people enjoy anticipating things?through trailers and speculation and fan-casting and plot predictions?as much as they do actually consuming them"

Read More: http://screencrush.com/splitting-movies-into-parts-1-and-2/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:57:17 AM by GNR2014 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2121 on: November 24, 2014, 10:41:34 AM »

"people enjoy anticipating things?through trailers and speculation and fan-casting and plot predictions?as much as they do actually consuming them"

Definitely some validity to this concept.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2122 on: November 24, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »

Definitely some validity to this concept.

I dunno.  I sure wouldn't mind hitting play on "The General" right now.  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2123 on: November 24, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »

You know what would be fun for the fans, and great publicity for the band? If they dropped a new song every week for 14 weeks. That way they could hold the public's attention for months, instead of a one-and-done stunt like U2 tried.

Sure. But then you'd have to convince the record label that these songs aren't 14 singles and count as one album.

For the fans, it would be like a record club thing where you get a single each month. Which would be cool in a way.

But for casual fans, they might lose interest. And what about radio? Would they still be playing the new track after a few months? And videos?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2124 on: November 24, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »

Sure. But then you'd have to convince the record label that these songs aren't 14 singles and count as one album.

For the fans, it would be like a record club thing where you get a single each month. Which would be cool in a way.

But for casual fans, they might lose interest. And what about radio? Would they still be playing the new track after a few months? And videos?

/jarmo

Hmm...Maybe start with the lead single right out of the gates, which would also be sent to radio?  The 'strongest' track is usually the lead single anyway.  Releasing subsequent parts of the album a little at a time on their site and iTunes would only keep the momentum going after the lead single is put out, I would think.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2125 on: November 24, 2014, 12:19:27 PM »

Wow, lots of good ideas in here. That one song a week thing sounds pretty cool. I'm really curious to see how the hell they are going to sell this thing! I heard someone mention a usb, would that be like a custom USB stick that has the album on it? That would be almost as cool as a cd as long as it came with packaging and stuff. I wonder if there will be a vinyl this time? I sure hope so!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #2126 on: November 24, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »

The Better video leaked about a year or so ago. It was terrible so, probably understandable why it was never officially released when the album came out. If it is not on youtube right now, that will be Uzi Suicide's handywork. You are not however missing much.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2127 on: November 24, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »

/jarmo

But if memory serves me correctly singles were huge in the early days.  Maybe it will be again?  Maybe a single dropped every month? 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2128 on: November 24, 2014, 02:09:26 PM »

/jarmo

I am not sure what the bands commitments to the record label are,   As in I don't know how many albums they still owe them under there current deal.  Mb someone knows this as it would help with the discussion.   Just for argument sakes then, if the band still owes at least one album dropping g random songs every week would not cut it

So if all accounts are true and the band is sitting on around 3 albums worth of fresh material why not combine the above ideas again.  Release the album of mostly A side singles that the label is happy with and that can grab some radio air play.   Then also drop a few B side singles for download in the weeks after.   Some of supposed B side songs that guns has released over the years are some of the fans favs.   So who knows who you will attract by releasing new material

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2129 on: November 24, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »

The Better video leaked about a year or so ago. It was terrible so, probably understandable why it was never officially released when the album came out. If it is not on youtube right now, that will be Uzi Suicide's handywork. You are not however missing much.

It would be nice to have another video to add to the playlist.   Good or bad if people are watching it and calling it bad.  They are still watching.    Would still be good exposure for guns as if you do your search for music videos it would surely pop up and fans could then stumble on it.   There must be more to the story as to why it wasn't officialy released   A simple, axl didn't like it.  Is a good enough reason I guess
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2130 on: November 24, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »

After 21 years and 1 album I'll take whatever I can get it.....not picky

Love the idea of 1 song per week...is it plausible? Unlikely

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #2131 on: November 24, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »

It would be nice to have another video to add to the playlist.   Good or bad if people are watching it and calling it bad.  They are still watching.    Would still be good exposure for guns as if you do your search for music videos it would surely pop up and fans could then stumble on it.   There must be more to the story as to why it wasn't officialy released   A simple, axl didn't like it.  Is a good enough reason I guess

Axl hyped up the video in the dexter chats. He seemed to like it.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2132 on: November 24, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »

Ya I read that at well...  So it makes it really weird why it was never released.  It is just a video, good or bad...   Along with the Harely Davidson add with better that was supposed to be released around this time, that got pulled...   Weird stuff was going on.   As a fan the more material I get from my favorite artist the better!!  The new blue ray is great and fills a void and is also a great promotional piece. 

Videos are great though, because it can be used as a tool to show the audience what the artist was thinking with a song....
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2133 on: November 24, 2014, 04:28:27 PM »

Ya I read that at well...  So it makes it really weird why it was never released.  It is just a video, good or bad...   Along with the Harely Davidson add with better that was supposed to be released around this time, that got pulled...   Weird stuff was going on.   As a fan the more material I get from my favorite artist the better!!  The new blue ray is great and fills a void and is also a great promotional piece. 

Videos are great though, because it can be used as a tool to show the audience what the artist was thinking with a song....

Didn't Axl say looking back he thinks his videos are corny now... I wouldn't expect anything like the old GNR videos ever again if anything it would be something like the Better video containing concert footage

Why that was never released? just another thing we will most likely never know... although the theory was he didn't want a video with Robin in it since he had just exited right?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2134 on: November 24, 2014, 06:04:37 PM »

I think the videos were only corny because they took themselves too seriously. That's why I'd like to see a more lighthearted or humorous one. Concert footage would be great too though. Really, anything would be awesome.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2135 on: November 24, 2014, 09:19:29 PM »

I dont know what videos Axl refers to as corny?  All of them or some of them?  I for one love the trilogy videos.  They were listed as some of the greatest videos of all time many years in a row.  They may be a little over the top at times, but thats what makes them great.

Guns also had a good selection of concert videos mixed in with these story telling type videos.  I dont find anything corny about them...

To each there own though, I am a strong beleaver that more content is better than none
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2136 on: November 24, 2014, 09:27:01 PM »

I think the videos were only corny because they took themselves too seriously. That's why I'd like to see a more lighthearted or humorous one. Concert footage would be great too though. Really, anything would be awesome.

Totally agree.  They never really did a funny video.

I like the goofy over the top ones though.  I don't hate cheese, I celebrate it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2137 on: November 24, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »

I like the goofy over the top ones though.  I don't hate cheese, I celebrate it.

I am going to have to disagree with the fact that they took themselves too seriously.    Most of there videos are either about serious subjects, heartbreak, deep relationships etc..   Or pretty dark areas, heavy drug use and death.  Growing up as a teenager in the early 90s I remeber how big guns was.  It was the biggest band in the world, when vidoes where near there peak.  I think they took the buisness serious, videos included.  But I dont see them as being over serious

I am too a fan of the cheese, but just look at the songs that were paired with videos.  What could you see as being a funny one?  MB if they released something off of TSI album to a funny video, that would of worked.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2138 on: November 24, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »

If there is something I think they took to seriously was the TSI.  Punk is not supposed to be that polished or serious.  Again I do love a few covers off this album.

The more I think about it a funny video would of worked perfect with one of the songs onstage.  Could of had like a bunch of teenagers that looked like guns in the audiance to one of these old punk bands playing, but to the now guns music..  Then flashford to the then current line up doing the cover, to new young punk fans in the audiance.   hahaha, actually thats not funny at all, but its an idea lol
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2139 on: November 25, 2014, 06:28:12 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuhLVl5qf2A

That's kinda funny.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: