Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679562 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2020 on: December 23, 2013, 02:08:28 PM »

Just to come full circle on the Beyonce comparisons --- even she, one of the most marketable, best-selling acts in the business these days, is not immune to hardball from the industry giants.  Because she gave a 1-week exclusive to iTunes, Amazon and Target are now refusing to stock her new CD:  http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2013/12/22/beyonce_vs_amazon_and_target.html
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #2021 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:39 AM »

IF there's a new album, I just hope we still can hear some Bucket and Robin and Brain and Paul stuff in it. Anyway it's just a wish. I think it sucks to read all these people demanding explanations and a new record. If Axl decides to not talk to the press or to anyone anymore for 20 years and release a new album in 25 years from now... so what? It happens, it's life. So let's hope for the best (doesn't matter what "the best" is) as regards Axl and his life and I hope he does whatever its best for him and doesn't let all this crap we read everyday have any bad influence in his life. And yes I truly believe in what I'm saying even though it takes 10 years to listen to something new, even though there's no one from the old line up there and even though it might never happen (a new release).
2014! New gigs! Chinese Democracy rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #2022 on: January 29, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »

Heard a rumour that Axl will be performing at Howards Stern's birthday show on friday

Might not be true but thought I'd share as it's streaming live to everyone for free on Friday night
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2023 on: January 29, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »

Heard a rumour that Axl will be performing at Howards Stern's birthday show on friday

Might not be true but thought I'd share as it's streaming live to everyone for free on Friday night

Hasn't Howard taken shots at Axl in the past?  You wind up on Axl's enemies list, you don't get off it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #2024 on: January 29, 2014, 03:45:15 PM »

Hasn't Howard taken shots at Axl in the past?  You wind up on Axl's enemies list, you don't get off it.

No, but Axl was supposed to do an interview with Howard around the same time he did Kimmel last year by managements request but I guess he backed out in the end
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2025 on: January 29, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »

I heard the same rumor about Slash, and I doubt they'd both be there.  I'd think Slash would be much more likely, as he's been a guest on the show a couple of times the last few years. 

Here's Howard talking about wanting to interview Axl from last year.  He has taken a few subtle shots at Axl over the years, but he's also taken shots at Slash and pretty much every entertainer out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU8goBx-JBY

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #2026 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »

I heard the same rumor about Slash, and I doubt they'd both be there.  I'd think Slash would be much more likely, as he's been a guest on the show a couple of times the last few years. 

Here's Howard talking about wanting to interview Axl from last year.  He has taken a few subtle shots at Axl over the years, but he's also taken shots at Slash and pretty much every entertainer out there.

Were you listening that time about six months ago when Howard said that Slash was the only guest who's ever complained after an interview by him? Slash was annoyed that he asked too many questions about GNR and focused on his past career (the same way Howard does with all his guests). But a few weeks later Slash apologized as lots of people had since told him that it was a great interview.. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2027 on: January 30, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »

Were you listening that time about six months ago when Howard said that Slash was the only guest who's ever complained after an interview by him? Slash was annoyed that he asked too many questions about GNR and focused on his past career (the same way Howard does with all his guests). But a few weeks later Slash apologized as lots of people had since told him that it was a great interview.. 
yeah, I think he said that on Opie and Anthony. He was smart to call Gary and apoplogize. It's never good to be on Howard's bad side. Just ask Jon Bon Jovi and a whole list of others

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2028 on: August 04, 2014, 03:00:55 PM »

http://youtu.be/dgDxNY5bj_c?t=1h8m55s

Josh Freese telling that he wrote 3-4 songs that made the ''A'' list, one of them was obviously chinese, but there still are 2-3 freesing songs left. Which is great news to me. (yea i like this guy)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2029 on: October 16, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »

Updated first post with a couple of the newest quotes.

I was thinking, what would be really cool right now (besides the actual album being released), was if Axl agreed to do a interview similar to the one he did with Rolling Stone back in the late '90s. Invite them over to his studio and play them some of the new material. It would raise the general awareness if we could get some new song titles, some describing words about the music. A cover story to build anticipation.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2030 on: October 16, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »

Updated first post with a couple of the newest quotes.

I was thinking, what would be really cool right now (besides the actual album being released), was if Axl agreed to do a interview similar to the one he did with Rolling Stone back in the late '90s. Invite them over to his studio and play them some of the new material. It would raise the general awareness if we could get some new song titles, some describing words about the music. A cover story to build anticipation.

Just went back and saw your original post.  Very cool.  Thanks.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2031 on: October 16, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »

He picks up the phone, he's on the cover.  Been that way for 15 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2032 on: October 16, 2014, 08:46:32 PM »

He picks up the phone, he's on the cover.  Been that way for 15 years.

No doubt.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #2033 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »

The recent Howard Stern interviews have been less personal, more music and how it was created. The interviews with Bill Murray and Neil Young were awesome. Other than that, sitting with Joe Rogan and  bringing Del along would be good to get into some of the wrestling/MMA stuff. Adam Carolla has David Wild on and they'd be talking about cars as much as music. Adam would want Axl to bring one of his cars over, no doubt.

Hanging with Dave Navarro on Dark Matter or Nikki Sixx on Sixx Sense I could see happening because he has some history with Dave, and the Ashba connection to Nikki.

Neil Strauss for an in-depth interview with Rolling Stone, but as far as I know, he's never done the Playboy Interview.

TMS was done to help get people out to shows that they were more or less forced to do and a lot of the bad press GNR got from Rock in Rio.

Sometimes it's better to leave people guessing. He put it all out there and it got chopped up, dissected, put under a microscope and taken out of context, other media outlets would do what the hell they want with it and then the fans wind up getting worked up over it.He could show up on a cooking show for all I care.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2034 on: October 17, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »

The recent Howard Stern interviews have been less personal, more music and how it was created. The interviews with Bill Murray and Neil Young were awesome. Other than that, sitting with Joe Rogan and  bringing Del along would be good to get into some of the wrestling/MMA stuff. Adam Carolla has David Wild on and they'd be talking about cars as much as music. Adam would want Axl to bring one of his cars over, no doubt.

Hanging with Dave Navarro on Dark Matter or Nikki Sixx on Sixx Sense I could see happening because he has some history with Dave, and the Ashba connection to Nikki.

Neil Strauss for an in-depth interview with Rolling Stone, but as far as I know, he's never done the Playboy Interview.

TMS was done to help get people out to shows that they were more or less forced to do and a lot of the bad press GNR got from Rock in Rio.

Sometimes it's better to leave people guessing. He put it all out there and it got chopped up, dissected, put under a microscope and taken out of context, other media outlets would do what the hell they want with it and then the fans wind up getting worked up over it.He could show up on a cooking show for all I care.

A lot of the interviews Howard has done with musicians in the last years has been very good in my opinion. He seems genuinely interested in song writing process and where the artist gets the inspiration. That's the most interesting things to find out about musicians imo. An Axl interview with him would have been great I think.

Edit to add: Howard seems to be quite eager to find out the reasons of the Slash/Axl rift, so that may play against him in regards to even getting an interview with Axl.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:22:29 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2035 on: October 17, 2014, 09:39:53 AM »

Edit to add: Howard seems to be quite eager to find out the reasons of the Slash/Axl rift, so that may play against him in regards to even getting an interview with Axl.

Yeah, you can forget that.  In addition, Howard also likes to break balls.  If you came in and asked if you could steer away from something, guess what the first question would be?

I can absolutely see why Axl doesn't want to talk about it in that sort of forum.  But I think he would do better to stop talking about it himself.  How much of those chats were about Slash and what happened 8-10 years prior?

Axl is in an impossible spot.  So many fans still "want a clear answer" and "want to get to the bottom" on what happened way back when.  Personally, I am not among them because, frankly, who the fuck cares?  Its over and done and won't be fixed.  I'm moved on.  But I get the impression that the people that "want to get to the bottom" hold out a ridiculous hope that it can all still be salvaged.

It can't.

mortismurphy
« Reply #2036 on: October 17, 2014, 02:19:26 PM »

The last interview I liked with Axl was the Trunk interview (and the webchats). Since then, the last two interviews have been very neutral and uninteresting. Stern would be a different proposition.

Could not see it happening though.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2037 on: October 18, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »

Stern's producer, Gary Dell'Abatte recently said that he's working on some guests that would dwarf what they've had recently. And they've had a lot of great guests of late. Not sure if Axl falls into that category but Howard has mentioned quite a few times that he'd love to interview Axl. You'd have to think he'd have to have something to promote in order to go on the show though, for his own good, and as far as I know there's nothing to promote right now. And I'm not including the reissue of Appetite for Democracy.

Also, Howard would obviously want to talk about Slash. But Slash was on with the Conspirators recently and there were no questions about Axl. So maybe if he appeared with some members of the band he could focus the attention that way. Maybe for the next album, whenever that may be.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2038 on: October 18, 2014, 07:13:12 PM »

IF there's a new album, I just hope we still can hear some Bucket and Robin and Brain and Paul stuff in it. Anyway it's just a wish. I think it sucks to read all these people demanding explanations and a new record. If Axl decides to not talk to the press or to anyone anymore for 20 years and release a new album in 25 years from now... so what? It happens, it's life. So let's hope for the best (doesn't matter what "the best" is) as regards Axl and his life and I hope he does whatever its best for him and doesn't let all this crap we read everyday have any bad influence in his life. And yes I truly believe in what I'm saying even though it takes 10 years to listen to something new, even though there's no one from the old line up there and even though it might never happen (a new release).

This is my first time using the quote feature. I've been a little hesitant about it because I wasn't sure how it really worked.

Anyway, I don't care who is on the album (the more the merrier) but I definitely agree with everything else you said here. Great post! And on the other hand, I think it's somewhat important to remember that the people who do complain are perhaps only complaining because they want the album so bad (because they care). I can sympathize with them because I used to be the same as I imagine them to be. Every time I thought about GNR I got frustrated due to my strong desire to own a new album from them. When things you care about are out of your control it can lead to a lot of frustration. Back then I said and thought a lot of things about Axl that I am not proud of. In a lot of ways I turned my back on one of my childhood heroes. I really ate a lot of crow when CD came out but I loved every second of it. It was the most delicious crow I ever ate.

Nowadays I am happy with what I have and try not to harbor negative sentiments towards GNR because ultimately I am rooting for them and don't want my negativity manifesting against them somehow. That part about my negativity manifesting against them may sound a little crazy but the best way I can describe it is when you are a kid and your parent tells you "DONT DROP THAT CUP OF MILK!" and then you drop it even though you weren't going to drop it before they said that. That's just one of my personal beliefs though and I don't expect anyone else to subscribe to it.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2039 on: October 18, 2014, 10:44:36 PM »

This is my first time using the quote feature. I've been a little hesitant about it because I wasn't sure how it really worked.

Anyway, I don't care who is on the album (the more the merrier) but I definitely agree with everything else you said here. Great post! And on the other hand, I think it's somewhat important to remember that the people who do complain are perhaps only complaining because they want the album so bad (because they care). I can sympathize with them because I used to be the same as I imagine them to be. Every time I thought about GNR I got frustrated due to my strong desire to own a new album from them. When things you care about are out of your control it can lead to a lot of frustration. Back then I said and thought a lot of things about Axl that I am not proud of. In a lot of ways I turned my back on one of my childhood heroes. I really ate a lot of crow when CD came out but I loved every second of it. It was the most delicious crow I ever ate.

Nowadays I am happy with what I have and try not to harbor negative sentiments towards GNR because ultimately I am rooting for them and don't want my negativity manifesting against them somehow. That part about my negativity manifesting against them may sound a little crazy but the best way I can describe it is when you are a kid and your parent tells you "DONT DROP THAT CUP OF MILK!" and then you drop it even though you weren't going to drop it before they said that. That's just one of my personal beliefs though and I don't expect anyone else to subscribe to it.

Nice post and  story, interesting that you say your former negativity and remarks were due to frustration, lack of control, and desire for new music- some nice insight there and realization.

I have some idea of why some people seem intent on focusing on negativity and spewing diahrretic, snarky comments all over the internet. Funny those people are ill-informed and don't attend the very shows they show up to complain about, amusing they seem intent on discussing non-negotiable issues Cheesy

All that aside, I'm looking forward to the next album and the next round of touring. Will be nice to hear some of the songs I've heard about and I'm interested to see Ashba's input. I  like his positivity and passion for music, he is an asset to the band. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: