Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:32:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680132 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1960 on: October 28, 2013, 02:50:12 PM »

Shows and, until somebody says "We have no plans to release any new music in the upcoming year", new music.

I don't know when, how or in what order it'll happen, but I remain optimistic. Until told otherwise.
I'm not gonna demand updates regarding those because I know once things are set in stone, we'll know about it. As always.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1961 on: October 28, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »

Shows and, until somebody says "We have no plans to release any new music in the upcoming year", new music.

I don't know when, how or in what order it'll happen, but I remain optimistic. Until told otherwise.
I'm not gonna demand updates regarding those because I know once things are set in stone, we'll know about it. As always.

/jarmo

That's fair, and is more or less what I'd like to see happen within the next year or so.

What's maddening is that we know that, in theory, Axl could put the next album out literally whenever he wants should he decide that it's time to release the rest of the Chi Dem era stuff, albeit touched up by Ron & DJ.  My speculation is that they've both already done their share of recording on the older Chi Dem songs ala The General,  Atlas, Soul Monster, Going Down, etc. which only adds to the speculation that Axl could put out an album really whenever he chooses. 

No matter how much we get bogged down in negativity, the fact that those songs exist and are (hopefully) still intended for release is enough to keep me going.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:02:56 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1962 on: October 28, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »

What's maddening is that we know that, in theory, Axl could put the next album out literally whenever he wants should he decide that it's time to release the rest of the Chi Dem era stuff, albeit touched up by Ron & DJ.  My speculation is that they've both already done their share of recording on the older Chi Dem songs ala The General,  Atlas, Soul Monster, Going Down, etc. which only adds to the speculation that Axl could put out an album really whenever he chooses. 

No matter how much we get bogged down in negativity, the fact that those songs exist and are (hopefully) still intended for release is enough to keep me going.

Agreed.  I think anyone still hanging in there in 2013 will never cash out.

As for what is done and ready to be released, I suspect what they are lacking is vocals.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1963 on: October 28, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »

No, him telling the crowd he was in fact sick and the show should've been cancelled earlier in the day.

Eh, didn't that just come across as another variation of his "it wasn't my fault" speech?

And even taking him at his word, how does that make sense?  If that's truly what happened, why not say that?  That's going to bring legal action?  Doesn't add up.

But this is missing the larger point.  I was looking for the most egregious and seemingly indefensible thing I could think of over the past 13 years to see if Jarmo could bring himself to utter a critical word. 

Still I wait.

So, your problem is not in fact that he didn't give an explanation.  Your problem is that his explanation and apology weren't sufficient enough. 

Of course it adds up that he didn't disclose what went down afterwards.  The entire tour was cancelled afterwards and if there were outstanding legal issues regarding the cancellation of the tour, of course he would not speak about the circumstances leading to that publicly until those issues were resolved.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1964 on: October 28, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »

So, your problem is not in fact that he didn't give an explanation.  Your problem is that his explanation and apology weren't sufficient enough. 

Of course it adds up that he didn't disclose what went down afterwards.  The entire tour was cancelled afterwards and if there were outstanding legal issues regarding the cancellation of the tour, of course he would not speak about the circumstances leading to that publicly until those issues were resolved.

Axl said he cancelled the show at 6AM.  But then "management" didn't communicate that to anyone.  And Clear Channel was looking for a way to get off the tour, so they weren't exactly broken hearted over the whole fiasco, because it gave them an excuse to get off the tour.

Are we agreed that is what he is saying in the Youtube clip we've all seen?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1965 on: October 28, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

Axl said he cancelled the show at 6AM.  But then "management" didn't communicate that to anyone.  And Clear Channel was looking for a way to get off the tour, so they weren't exactly broken hearted over the whole fiasco, because it gave them an excuse to get off the tour.

Are we agreed that is what he is saying in the Youtube clip we've all seen?
Yes, I've seen the video.  He gave an explanation, that explanation.  He apologized for his role in what happened.

If you don't like his explanation or don't find it sufficient, that is another matter entirely from what you claimed earlier in that he did not give an explanation at all.  That would simply not be true.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1966 on: October 28, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »

Yes, I've seen the video.  He gave an explanation, that explanation.  He apologized for his role in what happened.

Well, I'm glad you went here, because it was going to be my next question.

The first 90% of that clip, he's passing the buck.  Oh, that damn manager.  Oh, that damn Clear Channel.  And please don't believe I was watching a basketball game.

But then he throws in that bit at the end apologizing for "his role".  What do you suppose that means?  I'm not claiming I know, because I have no clue.  But I have always taken all of his stories about things that happen without his say so or knowledge with a grain of salt, considering how much of a control freak he can be. 

Ali
Legend

« Reply #1967 on: October 28, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »

Well, I'm glad you went here, because it was going to be my next question.

The first 90% of that clip, he's passing the buck.  Oh, that damn manager.  Oh, that damn Clear Channel.  And please don't believe I was watching a basketball game.

But then he throws in that bit at the end apologizing for "his role".  What do you suppose that means?  I'm not claiming I know, because I have no clue.  But I have always taken all of his stories about things that happen without his say so or knowledge with a grain of salt, considering how much of a control freak he can be. 

His apology could've been for any one of a number reasons.  He could have felt sorry and apologetic for even getting sick to the point he was unable to perform.  Perhaps, in retrospect, he could've followed up with management and pushed harder to make sure his health situation was known to the promoters and everyone associated with the show.

Sometimes people apologize out of a sense of guilt and regret over the outcome of a situation alone, even if it is misplaced.  It's really impossible to know what his motivation was.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1968 on: October 28, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »

I won't even bullshit.  I was astounded the first time I saw that clip.

I could not make that show, but didn't figure he could ever come back to this town.  It was UG-LY after that show in 2002.  Destroyed in the local papers and the radio.  And when they toured in 2006, 2010, and 2011...we did not get a show.  I had to go to Camden to see them.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1969 on: October 28, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »

Agreed.  I think anyone still hanging in there in 2013 will never cash out.

As for what is done and ready to be released, I suspect what they are lacking is vocals.

I think a fair amount of tracks from back in the day, like the The General, Atlas, Soul Monster, Silkworms, etc. have some solid vocals laid down.  We know as much from what we've heard from those who've actually heard them.

However, one of the ways that the album version of Chinese differed from the demos were the backing vocals and layers from Axl.  I would wager that the songs we've yet to hear are in the same condition as the first round of leaks we heard in 2006.

One of the criticisms (however valid is debatable) that Chinese received was the over-production on several key tracks.  I just hope he doesn't put whatever else is more or less finished through the same gambit.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1970 on: October 28, 2013, 07:45:52 PM »

I won't even bullshit.  I was astounded the first time I saw that clip.

I could not make that show, but didn't figure he could ever come back to this town.  It was UG-LY after that show in 2002.  Destroyed in the local papers and the radio.  And when they toured in 2006, 2010, and 2011...we did not get a show.  I had to go to Camden to see them.
I was surprised that they played Philly initially, but as Axl himself said, that was a concerted effort:

"In a concerted effort to make things up to our fans, friends and associates we've gone back to various cities where things have in the past gotten... ahem... "complicated" such as Vancouver, Montreal, Atlanta (twice), Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Dublin and had extremely successful shows without incident."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=182

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1971 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »

They had 2 problems in Atlanta?  I only remember one.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #1972 on: October 28, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »

They had 2 problems in Atlanta?  I only remember one.

It was the one, indeed, but what I think he meant is that they visited Atlanta twice, once in 2011 and again in 2012.

Ali
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1973 on: November 27, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »

Credit for this find goes to msl over on his board, he's found some interviews conducted recently with both Dizzy and Richard. Both very positive about a new release, with Dizzy mentioning that tracks are being put together he thinks.

Dizzy interview http://www.noise11.com/vinterviews/dizzy-reed-the-dead-daisies

Richard http://www.noise11.com/vinterviews/richard-fortus-the-dead-daisies

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1974 on: November 27, 2013, 10:37:21 PM »

Isn't that list of cities where it's been a bit "complicated" kind of longish peace
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1975 on: December 13, 2013, 08:35:24 AM »

This would be a cool way to release the next album -

http://www.nme.com/news/beyonce/74396

Imagine waking up and seeing GN'R releases surprise album!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1976 on: December 13, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »

With all the finished material Axl supposedly has, it's maddening to know that they could do this at literally any point.......but don't.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1977 on: December 13, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »

With all the finished material Axl supposedly has, it's maddening to know that they could do this at literally any point.......but don't.
They could only pull a stunt like that if, and only if, the label was on board with it.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1978 on: December 13, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »

They could only pull a stunt like that if, and only if, the label was on board with it.

If Axl pitched it, why turn it down?  Is...well, whatever the hell you'd call what's going on now, is that better?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1979 on: December 13, 2013, 03:03:22 PM »

If Axl pitched it, why turn it down?  Is...well, whatever the hell you'd call what's going on now, is that better?

I would be willing to bet a vast amount of money that if Axl Rose brought a finished Guns N' Roses album to the label, they would put it out yesterday.

It's likely the details that surround the release that will keep the next album in limbo forever. 
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: