Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680354 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1900 on: October 11, 2013, 08:49:47 PM »

I will be astounded if we ever actually get another proper album.

Is it 2007? Seems like I've read these posts before....  D?j? vu! hihi

I was pretty sure that one would come out....eventually.

But this next one seems like starting over, and I am not confident it ever happens.  Not sure the desire is there.

I hope it is.  I definitely hope it is.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #1901 on: October 11, 2013, 09:05:24 PM »

/jarmo

Is that a hint that you know the next albums coming in 2014 Jarmo? I just ask cos you mention 2007. And of course the next year 2008 we suddenly got Chinese Democracy. Obviously you are a lot closer to Axl and Guns than the rest of us and possibly know things we don't.

And for what it's worth. No I don't think Axl or Guns owe me or the fans music. I just think Axl's a great talent with a great current band of seven other incredible musicians and it's sad more than anything (for whatever reason) for him and them to not be releasing at least one disc of music and showing the world what they can do.
Route66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1902 on: October 11, 2013, 11:27:03 PM »

/jarmo

Is that a hint that you know the next albums coming in 2014 Jarmo? I just ask cos you mention 2007. And of course the next year 2008 we suddenly got Chinese Democracy. Obviously you are a lot closer to Axl and Guns than the rest of us and possibly know things we don't.

And for what it's worth. No I don't think Axl or Guns owe me or the fans music. I just think Axl's a great talent with a great current band of seven other incredible musicians and it's sad more than anything (for whatever reason) for him and them to not be releasing at least one disc of music and showing the world what they can do.

i never post here but.. jes. pick up a guitar and write some songs. Or play a piano, harp, harmonica.. fuck maybe a kazoo.. take the inspiration and create your own inspired by Axl , GNR whatever.. no one is entitled to music. It's as simple as that. It's all about something you may never figure out. Try and escape. /R66

I see..
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #1903 on: October 11, 2013, 11:44:09 PM »

/jarmo

i never post here but.. jes. pick up a guitar and write some songs. Or play a piano, harp, harmonica.. fuck maybe a kazoo.. take the inspiration and create your own inspired by Axl , GNR whatever.. no one is entitled to music. It's as simple as that. It's all about something you may never figure out. Try and escape. /R66

Hi Route66.

If you read my post you would have seen that I put that "I DON'T FEEL AXL/GN'R OWES ME MUSIC". Just that I think Axl and the seven other members who make up GN'R have a lot of talent and it's sad nothings being released at the moment. And I asked Jarmo a question cos he referenced a very specific year. And at the end of the day lets face it. He knows a lot more than the rest of us about all things Axl/Guns.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1904 on: October 12, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »

Is that a hint that you know the next albums coming in 2014 Jarmo? I just ask cos you mention 2007.

No, it's not. Just picked a random year from the past when people would've been making statements like "it's never coming out"...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1905 on: October 13, 2013, 09:44:08 AM »

I have my fingers crossed that in the not too distant future I will be blasting tunes like The General, Atlas and Soulmonster in my car!

drool

I always had a dream that when Chinese was released I would hire a sports car like a Ferrari or Porsche and rock that album whilst cruising around. Have to say I couldn't afford it as around that time me and the missus had our first nipper! This time around I am goin for it. CD2 blasting with me cruising. Cannot wait! Come on Guns, you gotta let me live my dream!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1906 on: October 14, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »

Can anyone confirm with any kind of proof that Axl tried to get the next album out in 2010, but the label wouldn't let him?  Was that just a dumb rumor, or was there actually something to that?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1907 on: October 14, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »

Usually when there is smoke there is fire, but no I dont think there has been any kind of confirmation of this

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1908 on: October 14, 2013, 04:00:43 PM »

Usually when there is smoke there is fire, but no I dont think there has been any kind of confirmation of this

Didn't think so.  I remember the rumor was that it would be a self-titled release, but figured it was more or less bullshit.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1909 on: October 14, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »

I reeeally want this album...

1 Quick Song
2 Soul Monster
3 Thyme
4 Atlas Shrugged
5 Berlin
6 Jackie Chan
7 Seven
8 Beta's Barn
9 Silkworms
10 Going Down
11 Zodiac
12 Oh My God
13 Down By The Ocean
14 The General
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #1910 on: October 14, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »

Whenever it comes out, I'm hoping for an album of raw, sleazy rock n' roll with riffs that require a tetanus shot after being heard...

An album that's blues/hard rock based that you can put on in the bar and say to people, "yeah this is off the new GN'R album, pretty sick huh"?

An album that the band recorded live in studio, with real emotion and feel pouring out like whiskey into a line of shot glasses.

An album that features more acoustic guitars than orchestral instruments.

I like all of the previous albums, and yes, growing musically is awesome (something many bands can't do), but I believe there comes a time when you have to say, lets hear some rock n' fuckin' roll and get back to the roots of this thing. As the man said,  "everything was roses when we held onto the guns!"

Other than that, I really don't have an opinion.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #1911 on: October 15, 2013, 12:09:07 AM »

^Hell Yeah!!!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1912 on: October 15, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

Whenever it comes out, I'm hoping for an album of raw, sleazy rock n' roll with riffs that require a tetanus shot after being heard...

An album that's blues/hard rock based that you can put on in the bar and say to people, "yeah this is off the new GN'R album, pretty sick huh"?

An album that the band recorded live in studio, with real emotion and feel pouring out like whiskey into a line of shot glasses.

I like all of the previous albums, and yes, growing musically is awesome (something many bands can't do), but I believe there comes a time when you have to say, lets hear some rock n' fuckin' roll and get back to the roots of this thing. As the man said,  "everything was roses when we held onto the guns!"

I would love that record too.... but its a completely different band than the one who made that record... obviously Chinese Democracy is nothing like that... and id expect the left overs to be some what similar

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1913 on: October 15, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »

I would love that record too.... but its a completely different band than the one who made that record... obviously Chinese Democracy is nothing like that... and id expect the left overs to be some what similar

I dunno.  Soul Monster & Jackie Chan sound like they're gonna be pretty rowdy rockers...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1914 on: October 15, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »

I dunno.  Soul Monster & Jackie Chan sound like they're gonna be pretty rowdy rockers...

i know ive been laughed at before when ive said this.... but I have never listened to any GNR leaked song... i dont fault the people that do and certainly dont understand managements heavy hand at the people that do

i just havent listened for a variety of reasons... i heard Madagascar at the vma's  Grin

but for obvious reasons CD doesnt have that blues based sleezy feel to it... which was what Poops was referring to..and i wouldnt expect to hear that on any future release...different time, different players and just not what Axl is looking to put out... i dont think

just as a fan of Axls music/career... i really would just love to know if there is even a plan for anything at this point , we are lead to believe that there is... but really...who knows

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1915 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »

i know ive been laughed at before when ive said this.... but I have never listened to any GNR leaked song... i dont fault the people that do and certainly dont understand managements heavy hand at the people that do

i just havent listened for a variety of reasons... i heard Madagascar at the vma's  Grin

but for obvious reasons CD doesnt have that blues based sleezy feel to it... which was what Poops was referring to..and i wouldnt expect to hear that on any future release...different time, different players and just not what Axl is looking to put out... i dont think

just as a fan of Axls music/career... i really would just love to know if there is even a plan for anything at this point , we are lead to believe that there is... but really...who knows

I agree that it's extremely puzzling at this point to tell what stage the next album is at.  I was originally under the impression that the next album had already been recorded and was more or less ready to go.  But lately, the way these guys hem and haw over what the next album will be, and then saying they're simply "writing" right now...Well, that doesn't really do much to bolster faith in the next album dropping in a reasonable amount of time.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1916 on: October 15, 2013, 11:24:10 AM »

yeah none of us do... hence this speculation thread...

IMO the album i DONT want is the one with all the CD leftovers that have robin, Brain and bucketheads parts re done

release them AS THEY WERE and then create new songs with the newer players.....

after all the years and layers of changes.. i just think that hurts the material...

(of course beggars cant be choosers, but that would be my preference)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1917 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:18 AM »

i go to GNR shows by myself...all NYC/NJ shows since 2002 and 4 Vegas because my friends who are casual fans .. they are just like why do i want to see a cover band cover the first cover band....

ha its very frustrating to reason with them...because A) id wish my favorite band that didnt have to deal with that criticism B) id rather go with my friends to the show! and C) worst of all.... because they have a point....

this is why id love to see new songs from the people currently performing at the shows... that's just me ... and quite frankly i prefer Robin and Bucket... but they are gone....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1918 on: October 15, 2013, 01:00:33 PM »

I'm not so sure about that.  Remember how Baz compared "Sorry" to doom metal?  Well, it does have a very Sabbath/doom metal-esque riff during the chorus, but I personally wouldn't characterize the entire song as being Sabbath/doom metal-esque.

If these songs are as complex and dynamic as the songs on CD, then they may not be so easy to classify.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1919 on: October 15, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »

I'm not so sure about that.  Remember how Baz compared "Sorry" to doom metal?  Well, it does have a very Sabbath/doom metal-esque riff during the chorus, but I personally wouldn't characterize the entire song as being Sabbath/doom metal-esque.

If these songs are as complex and dynamic as the songs on CD, then they may not be so easy to classify.

Ali

Agreed. Some CD songs change sounds and styles within themselves ... on some I think it makes them great, others..not so great

as a whole certainly hard to pigeonhole it as anything in particular

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: