Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:25:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680642 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1880 on: October 09, 2013, 03:27:30 PM »

Unfortunately, no, that list is not 100% accurate.

So we are going with semantics now?

This is a common tactic for his hardcore defenders.  You are presented with a list, you take one or maybe two items you can try and make a big deal of as a way to discredit the entire list.  I will agree that the list item about Axl being forced to release it is the weakest of the bunch.  I'd also point out he even said in his post "correct me if I'm wrong".

I do notice you want no parts of the bigger picture items, however.  Axl being the common denominator.  No other bands in the industry seem to have these problems.  The general sentiment about Axl from those that have worked with him.

In essence, here is your pitch :

Please ignore the DECADES (that's decades, plural) of evidence that back up what you are saying about Axl's process.  Instead, go the complete other way and subscribe to the 180 degree the other way theory that he's working his ass off and can't catch a break.  A stance, that by any objective analysis, has FAR less to support it.  Also, please turn off all your common sense about the rest of the industry and how it works.  Or how there is not a figure in the entire music industry with less right to benefit of the doubt than Axl Rose, due to his own actions over 20 plus years.

That makes no sense.  carmiedisco12 says it perfectly.  The onus IS on the people trying to claim that none of this is his fault and its all a wacky misunderstanding.  And though you have next to NOTHING to support it, yours is the stance that's credible.  The opposite stance for which there is real world evidence to support it over a long period of time...that's the erroneous take.

Come on now.  In what other area of life would you try and run that sort of thinking up the flagpole?

Nope, not semantics at all.  You can't in the same post espouse some position that whether or not the album got released was solely dependent on Axl, and then propose that the album may have been forced out by the label.  It's a blatant contradiction.  Either the release was solely up to Axl or it wasn't.  If it was, then the label could not "force" the release.  You can't have it both ways.

As far as the rest of points, that's all hyperbole and frankly irrelevant as to whether or not an album's release is solely up to Axl.

No one is saying NONE of it is Axl's fault.  That's not the position that I'm taking.  So, please, take your straw man argument out of the discussion.  My point is that the release of the album is not solely up to Axl. 

As far as the other issue as to who is to blame for the delay in releasing CD, I have never said that was not his fault at all.  Just that it was not ENTIRELY his fault.  That position is fully supported by the comments of Tommy Stinson, FYI:

What happened when producer Roy Thomas Baker was brought in?
He wanted to re-record everything, because he felt he could get better tones. In my opinion, he wasted many years and many millions of dollars trying to get us better sounds that we could have addressed in the mixing stage.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=174

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1881 on: October 09, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »

As far as the other issue as to who is to blame for the delay in releasing CD, I have never said that was not his fault at all.  Just that it was not ENTIRELY his fault. 

OK, then do me a favor.  Put a number on it.  What, in your view, is Axl's percentage?

Mine is 90.  90%.  And I think I'm low, frankly.  But I am trying to be somewhat fair, and at least pay lip service to all this "uncertainty" I'm continuously told is at work here.

What's your number?  And why?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1882 on: October 09, 2013, 05:23:05 PM »

Axl is holding said album hostage from the fans

rofl

I'm sorry. I'm lost for words here.
I just can't relate to your world where artists hold albums hostage from their fans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1883 on: October 09, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »

As far as the other issue as to who is to blame for the delay in releasing CD, I have never said that was not his fault at all.  Just that it was not ENTIRELY his fault. 

OK, then do me a favor.  Put a number on it.  What, in your view, is Axl's percentage?

Mine is 90.  90%.  And I think I'm low, frankly.  But I am trying to be somewhat fair, and at least pay lip service to all this "uncertainty" I'm continuously told is at work here.

What's your number?  And why?

I don't really have a number.  Why would I have a number?  I wasn't there to witness everything that transpired, nor do I presume to know enough to give a specific percentage as to how much blame should be assigned.  At least 50%, definitely not 100%.  Again, not having been there makes it a bit silly to give a specific percentage, IMO.  What does giving a specific percentage of blame now accomplish, anyway?

All I know is that when a band member, particularly Tommy Stinson, who was there for the ENTIRE saga, says that RTB wasted years and millions of dollars, there is clearly more than one factor at play.

Ali
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1884 on: October 09, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »

I say this out of love and if you knew me you would know how much of a fan of Axl's I am. What is happening exactly? Anyone know? Is there some serious health issues that we don't know about? That could explain a lot.

I know he was ill a lot and he hurt himself so he couldn't run like he used to. Maybe these injuries explain the need for a cane. Maybe it explains why he can't just get himself healthy. I would just hate to think its a lack of a drive. That takes over everything in a persons world. It starts from within. If he isn't able to properly take care of himself and get healthy and fierce how can we expect any movement here.

I am very concerned for Axl. If he could just do something even start taking some kickboxing and feel good about himself maybe he could feel good about other things and we would be closer to getting to hear the music that is in his head.

Anyone know what is going on?

Axl you aren't getting old just older. Nothing stopping a 50 year old from looking savage. Plently of examples out there if you need inspiration. I am pulling for you man. From the heart.

What are you talking about??

As far as I am aware Axl does look after himself. He may not look like a twenty year old..But he's not in bad shape. And in terms of performance gives 100%

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1885 on: October 09, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »

Axl is holding said album hostage from the fans

rofl

I'm sorry. I'm lost for words here.
I just can't relate to your world where artists hold albums hostage from their fans.

/jarmo

Google's definition for "hostage" is as follows: A person seized or held as security for the fulfillment of a condition.

Replace "person" with "album" and it seems like a pretty legit analogy to describe what's going on with Axl and the label (and subsequently the fans) to me.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1886 on: October 09, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »

Google's definition for "hostage" is as follows: A person seized or held as security for the fulfillment of a condition.

Replace "person" with "album" and it seems like a pretty legit analogy to describe what's going on with Axl and the label (and subsequently the fans) to me.

I know what it means. So what condition do you need to fulfill for the rest of us to have the album? Wink Cheesy
You didn't say the label, you said fans.

I'm still convinced that most artists don't hold albums hostage from their fans!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1887 on: October 09, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »

We don't even know if there is an album in existence to hold hostage  rofl

However, there are outtakes and extras, several to several hundred possibly of them from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

I for one am not holding my breath. When new music comes out I'll buy multiple copies. Until then I may occasionally post here, some maybe critical of the band that will potentially be deleted by Jarmo  Wink

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1888 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »

I know what it means. So what condition do you need to fulfill for the rest of us to have the album? Wink Cheesy
You didn't say the label, you said fans.

I'm still convinced that most artists don't hold albums hostage from their fans!

/jarmo

It really wasn't meant to be that deep. I was merely suggesting that holding out (for whatever) from the label essentially keeps new music from the fans.

So no, you may not know many bands that would do that.  You do, however, know someone that talked up several key unreleased songs, referred to the next album as the second album of what he's always considered to be a double album, even hinted at a possible release the following year for it, only to let 5 years roll by without so much as providing a one sentence update about it.  You do know that guy. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1889 on: October 09, 2013, 10:32:46 PM »

I think valid points are being made in respect to Metallica, U2, and Pearl Jam. I know jarmo probably will not like what  I'm about to say. Lets compare Axl to another former member. Slash has released two albums in three years. He's working on a third album now. He has released a movie and did the sound track for it. He has toured and has been a guest guitarist with  former GNR members. He's also a family guy now. He has been VERY productive. Why has Slash been productive in three years compared to Axl?? I don't get it. Axl is a great singer and has something that no other singers really have.   Yet, he continues to waste time and talent -his own and the new guys. It's just  really mind boggling as to what is going on with him. He probably has legal and record company hurdles, but still things could get done. I just don't think he has that same fire that he did when he was younger. I also think he doesn't have anyone to push him like before. Earlier in this thread, I stated that I think part of the issue is that there is no one else  that has a stake in GNR. Aside from Axl, the new members do not have equity in GNR and can't hold Axl accountable. This is part of the problem.   
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1890 on: October 10, 2013, 10:18:09 AM »

I think valid points are being made in respect to Metallica, U2, and Pearl Jam. I know jarmo probably will not like what  I'm about to say. Lets compare Axl to another former member. Slash has released two albums in three years. He's working on a third album now. He has released a movie and did the sound track for it. He has toured and has been a guest guitarist with  former GNR members. He's also a family guy now. He has been VERY productive. Why has Slash been productive in three years compared to Axl?? I don't get it. Axl is a great singer and has something that no other singers really have.   Yet, he continues to waste time and talent -his own and the new guys. It's just  really mind boggling as to what is going on with him. He probably has legal and record company hurdles, but still things could get done. I just don't think he has that same fire that he did when he was younger. I also think he doesn't have anyone to push him like before. Earlier in this thread, I stated that I think part of the issue is that there is no one else  that has a stake in GNR. Aside from Axl, the new members do not have equity in GNR and can't hold Axl accountable. This is part of the problem.   

comparing Axl and Slash is pointless..... for many reasons...

but I do agree about the latter where nobody else in the band has an equal stake.... they dont have or have anything in the way of pushing the band towards anything... they dont even seem to know much about future plans if there are any

where as in the past... some of the former members would do that... and since they didnt agree... they split... ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1891 on: October 10, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »

The comparisons between different recording artists.

Different people have different goals. Different standards, different ways of working, different motives, different everything.

Somebody might be able to record an album in six weeks that's forgotten in about the same time so they can go on tour for a year. Some might spend two years on an album. Etc etc.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1892 on: October 10, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »

Agreed.

However the circumstances around this group and its output are beyond comparison in any rational way ... and quite frankly... it sucks.

and until proven wrong... there seems to be no push or desire to create new songs...and again.. that sucks

I know you,  Jarmo personally don't see it that way, but you are not a fan of Axl like the rest of us are ... please dont take that in any way personal... I think ur support of GNR current day is great. but you have a relationship with the guy, travel around the world with him...and in no way can you see things the same way some of us do

we just want the product, where as you care for him on a personal level

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1893 on: October 10, 2013, 11:36:30 AM »

I also think its important to note that i firmly believe there are label/contract hold ups that are delaying the releases of the "vault" and other things like the DVD's

because why wouldn't they want to put that stuff out there? that just wouldn't make sense

the troubling part to me personally is the apparent lack of interest in creating with the current guys, especially when ron and DJ seem so intent on doing so

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1894 on: October 11, 2013, 10:42:53 AM »

the troubling part to me personally is the apparent lack of interest in creating with the current guys, especially when ron and DJ seem so intent on doing so

Very much agreed.

Artists create.  Artists record.  Artists release product.  Not *our* artists, of course, but I mean normal bands.  If you aren't going to create, record, and release...what's the point? 

Its like spending an inordinate amount of time on a painting you never let anyone see.  Or, maybe more accurately with this band, never really touching your supplies in the first place.  Then shit on anyone that asks if you ever intend to get around to it, because they'd love to see it because they think you are talented.  But all you are told is that you have some balls on you, asking that stuff.

Its maddening.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1895 on: October 11, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »

Very much agreed.

Artists create.  Artists record.  Artists release product.  Not *our* artists, of course, but I mean normal bands.  If you aren't going to create, record, and release...what's the point? 

Its like spending an inordinate amount of time on a painting you never let anyone see.  Or, maybe more accurately with this band, never really touching your supplies in the first place.  Then shit on anyone that asks if you ever intend to get around to it, because they'd love to see it because they think you are talented.  But all you are told is that you have some balls on you, asking that stuff.

Its maddening.

Pre-2008, I used to get so excited and intrigued whenever someone in "the camp" would talk about about all the music Axl was stockpiling, and how he had this wicked vision of releasing mulitiple albums with all of it.

Now, when I hear someone like DJ talk about all the music Axl has, it just makes me sad, if only because we'll most likely never hear any of it, save for possible leaks.  Where's the fun in that?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:36:28 AM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1896 on: October 11, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »

I will be astounded if we ever actually get another proper album.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1897 on: October 11, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »

Same here.  Nothing short of a miracle, really.  A glorious miracle.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1898 on: October 11, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »

Pre-2008, I used to get so excited and intrigued whenever someone in "the camp" would talk about about all the music Axl was stockpiling, and how he had this wicked vision of releasing mulitiple albums with all of it.

Now, when I hear someone like DJ talk about all the music Axl has, it just makes me sad, if only because we'll most likely never hear any of it, save for possible leaks.  Where's the fun in that?

Have to echo the sentiments here

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1899 on: October 11, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »

Is it 2007? Seems like I've read these posts before....  D?j? vu! hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: