Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:32:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680758 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1860 on: October 09, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »

The point was, not all bands release albums as often as their fans want.

I don't have an issue with it, so why would I go whine about it anywhere?

Just because bands don't talk about how many songs they have recorded, suddenly GN'R is the only band that has recorded more songs than what appeared on the album?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1861 on: October 09, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »

The point was, not all bands release albums as often as their fans want.

I don't have an issue with it, so why would I go whine about it anywhere?

Just because bands don't talk about how many songs they have recorded, suddenly GN'R is the only band that has recorded more songs than what appeared on the album?

/jarmo

Ok I accept that your comparison was wrong and you were grasping at increasingly disappearing straws Smiley

Look Jarmo, you honestly would do yourself and the band more favours if you just accepted that the situation is pretty crap. Lets support the band and criticisms are fine. So long as fans aren't  be abusive or personal about it, go hard, discuss, bitch....if you are verbally abusive etc fuck off other than that opinions/frustrations are all relevant.

GNR talking about having songs in the vault isn't the point. That's BS. IF GNR DIDN"T claim to have songs in the vault NO-ONE COULD defend the wait....so they did. They used the ploy of we have all this great music to defend the wait but they never backed up the claims...then the brainwashed few attack those that remember the claims as being not 'fans'.....all people are asking is "OK I backed you guys based on a claim....back me up" put up or shut-up......although shutting up is too late now.

Don't blame fans.

If they don't have the music they claimed to then the whole Nu-GNR VS Old GNR debate and the justifications for the new band are dead. One album over that period doesn't back up the claims for a new direction.

If they DO have the music they claimed....great, excellent. But I can claim I beat up Mike Tyson once and have the footage to prove it then don't blame people for calling me full of shit if I always find a way not to show it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:55:18 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1862 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »

Try disputing the facts that none of those bands have released new studio albums in recent years.

You wanna claim the situations aren't similar? Fine! How come it's only similar when making ridiculous claims like "other bands manage to release albums"? I get it, GN'R can be compared to other bands when it fits your needs, but when it doesn't, the situations aren't the same! Very convenient isn't it?

Of course the situations aren't the same. Haven't you paid any attention to what I've kept repeating? Yet these comparisons are being made time after time. How come?

I'm merely pointing out the ridiculousness of these comparisons. The fact that some of you still make them, and then once it's pointed out how the bands you idolize for putting out music on a regular basis takes years between their albums, the response is "these bands can't be compared to GN'R's situation".

What's the problem with the song titles? If you never played the GN'R pinball, you might not have heard Ain't Goin' Down in an official way. Yet I remember reading about the song existing in 1991. There was talk of a song they decided not to put out on a record. How horrible!

Yet again, this is a case of "wish they'd tell us" versus "I was lied to". You want to know everything, but then you bitch once things don't go as it was hoped. Were you upset about hearing about the song titles back in the day? Was your initial thought "no, I don't wanna hear about these song titles until I'm downloading the album from iTunes"? Chances are your thought was "how cool, there's more songs!" and here you are using that against the band.

The fact that you even question the existence of those songs speak volumes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1863 on: October 09, 2013, 12:32:34 PM »

Try disputing the facts that none of those bands have released new studio albums in recent years.

You wanna claim the situations aren't similar? Fine! How come it's only similar when making ridiculous claims like "other bands manage to release albums"? I get it, GN'R can be compared to other bands when it fits your needs, but when it doesn't, the situations aren't the same! Very convenient isn't it?

Of course the situations aren't the same. Haven't you paid any attention to what I've kept repeating? Yet these comparisons are being made time after time. How come?

I'm merely pointing out the ridiculousness of these comparisons. The fact that some of you still make them, and then once it's pointed out how the bands you idolize for putting out music on a regular basis takes years between their albums, the response is "these bands can't be compared to GN'R's situation".

What's the problem with the song titles? If you never played the GN'R pinball, you might not have heard Ain't Goin' Down in an official way. Yet I remember reading about the song existing in 1991. There was talk of a song they decided not to put out on a record. How horrible!

Yet again, this is a case of "wish they'd tell us" versus "I was lied to". You want to know everything, but then you bitch once things don't go as it was hoped. Were you upset about hearing about the song titles back in the day? Was your initial thought "no, I don't wanna hear about these song titles until I'm downloading the album from iTunes"? Chances are your thought was "how cool, there's more songs!" and here you are using that against the band.

The fact that you even question the existence of those songs speak volumes.

/jarmo

I don't question whether they exist i question their quality....I question the fact they haven't been released....anyone can brag, that's the easy part. Even if the songs are amazing...so what. If they aren't released then the point in the new direction is invalid.

You clearly lost the argument in comparing bands so best you move on from that one. You can't just START the most convenient starting point from 2008 because it suits you.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1864 on: October 09, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »

Pearl Jams longest stretch without an album since inception is 4 years.
Metallica, 6.
U2, 5.
Rolling Stones, 8, but they are deep into their twilight, and let's face it lucky to even be breathing right now!
Dr. Dre's focus is as producer.

On top of the fact that no band's drought comes close to threatening GN'Rs, countless solo albums and side projects involving members of the above bands have been released in between.

GN'R fans would be ecstatic if GN'R were anywhere near as productive as the bands listed.

Again, I've accepted GN'R for what they have become, but let's not pretend their producing at a level that could ever be confused as normal.
Let alone comparable to the heavy weights listed.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1865 on: October 09, 2013, 12:34:47 PM »

Just some examples:

Fiona Apple had a whole albums worth of material that was scrapped.

Green day had a whole album recorded which they scrapped.

The Beatles, decades after they broke up, were (and "are") still releasing "new tracks" by mining recording sessions in the vaults.

Now, whether you think that does, or doesn't, mean anything in relation to GnR is up to you.  But lots of bands record material that is either never released or is released WAY down the line in another form/format.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:36:28 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1866 on: October 09, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »

i question their quality....

Based on the song titles?

I question the fact they haven't been released....anyone can brag, that's the easy part. Even if the songs are amazing...so what. If they aren't released then the point in the new direction is invalid.

Funny. How often do you hear a musician/songwriter say "I think this is our best album so far" when they are talking about an upcoming album? Does it bother you that somebody in say Depeche Mode thinks they can top the albums they made in the late 1980s/early 1990s?

You clearly lost the argument in comparing bands so best you move on from that one. You can't just START the most convenient starting point from 2008 because it suits you.

I didn't pick 2008. I picked the time of the last studio albums by said bands!

On top of the fact that no band's drought comes close to threatening GN'Rs, countless solo albums and side projects involving members of the above bands have been released in between

What? How come they're not condemned to focusing on the next album the day they finish a tour? Solo albums? No way! Those ungrateful bastards!  rofl

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1867 on: October 09, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »

Just some examples:

The Beatles, decades after they broke up, were (and "are") still releasing "new tracks" by mining recording sessions in the vaults.

Now, whether you think that does, or doesn't, mean anything in relation to GnR is up to you.  But lots of bands record material that is either never released or is released WAY down the line in another form/format.

Neil Young has multiple albums that were never released....for years, his fanbase has screamed at him for not releasing the stuff....he does now in bits and pieces but the Vault was closed for 20 years or more. It's a business decision, as artists that big and as big as Gnr are, can hoard their stuff as a way to bolster their 401k so to say. I really don't blame them. The Stones are very picky with what they release.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:52:32 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1868 on: October 09, 2013, 12:56:09 PM »

Just some examples:

Neil Young has multiple albums that were never released....for years, his fanbase has screamed at him for not releasing the stuff....he does now in bits and pieces but the Vault was closed for 20 years or more. It's a business decision, as artists that big and as big as Gnr are, can hoard their stuff as a way to bolster their 401k so to say. I really don't blame them. The Stones are very picky with what they release.

Outside of motive (which I don't pretend to know), exactly right.

Point being, GnR aren't the only artist to ever "over-record" for an album (or albums) and not release the material.

I'll not get into the back and forth...I've made my opinion known in this very thread and have no desire to go tail chasing, again.  But the above requires pointing out...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1869 on: October 09, 2013, 12:57:48 PM »

I question quality based on not hearing them.....you don't?? You don't question the quality of material bands wont release?? Curious. So if Metallica said they recorded an awesome album of electronica in 2000 but haven't managed to release it you would not question it at all??? really.....really??

I thought you were the one that didn't like comparing GNR to other bands....I guess you will when it suits you....but then it didn't suit you when your own comparisons fell flat own their face.....Ok I know nothing of Depeche Mode and don't really care too. This comparison falls flat as well. They can say what they ant. The proof is in the pudding. If Depeche Mode make a claim they will be judged on what they RELEASE.

The difference is Depeche Mode didn't justify a 20 year wait for music by claiming to have multiple albums ready to go...or am I wrong here?? What you fail to recognize is that Axl told the fans he has all this material so have some faith....then failed to back the faith up. You know you along with the rest if us told friends and family that the wait isn't so long cos they have recorded tons of material....wait and see we all said.If all this is for one album yes it's ridiculous we all said. Rather than acknowledge this and admit the doubters were right you would prefer to slag the fans that stood by them and were let down??

Go back and re-read. We were all talking about the lack of productivity since 93. Talking about productivity since 08 is COMPLETELY out of context. NO-ONE would complain if the band was productive up till 08....and you know it. Stop being a spin merchant.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:00:52 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1870 on: October 09, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »

I question quality based on not hearing them.....you don't?? You don't question the quality of material bands wont release?? Curious. So if Metallica said they recorded an awesome album of electronica in 2000 but haven't managed to release it you would not question it at all??? really.....really??

I thought you were the one that didn't like comparing GNR to other bands....I guess you will when it suits you....but then it didn't suit you when your own comparisons fell flat own their face.....Ok I know nothing of Depeche Mode and don't really care too. This comparison falls flat as well. They can say what they ant. The proof is in the pudding. If Depeche Mode make a claim they will be judged on what they RELEASE.

The difference is Depeche Mode didn't justify a 20 year wait for music by claiming to have multiple albums ready to go...or am I wrong here?? What you fail to recognize is that Axl told the fans he has all this material so have some faith....then failed to back the faith up. You know you along with the rest if us told friends and family that the wait isn't so long cos they have recorded tons of material....wait and see we all said.If all this is for one album yes it's ridiculous we all said. Rather than acknowledge this and admit the doubters were right you would prefer to slag the fans that stood by them and were let down??

Go back and re-read. We were all talking about the lack of productivity since 93. Talking about productivity since 08 is COMPLETELY out of context. NO-ONE would complain if the band was productive up till 08....and you know it. Stop being a spin merchant.

ur last statement there is by FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the KEY statement to alllll of this.... if Axl had done ANYTHING with guns n roses in terms of releases between 93 and 08... this would not be an issue....

but that 15 year gap followed up by todays uncertainty is the issue that gets a lot of people angry/frustrated/dumbfounded

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1871 on: October 09, 2013, 01:08:14 PM »

i question their quality....

Based on the song titles?

I question the fact they haven't been released....anyone can brag, that's the easy part. Even if the songs are amazing...so what. If they aren't released then the point in the new direction is invalid.

Funny. How often do you hear a musician/songwriter say "I think this is our best album so far" when they are talking about an upcoming album? Does it bother you that somebody in say Depeche Mode thinks they can top the albums they made in the late 1980s/early 1990s?

I didn't pick 2008. I picked the time of the last studio albums by said bands!

On top of the fact that no band's drought comes close to threatening GN'Rs, countless solo albums and side projects involving members of the above bands have been released in between

What? How come they're not condemned to focusing on the next album the day they finish a tour? Solo albums? No way! Those ungrateful bastards!  rofl

/jarmo

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Maybe I wasn't clear.
I wasn't speaking of GN'R band members. I was pointing out that members of Metallica, PJ etc were very much productive, outside of their main bands, that were already far more productive than GN'R.

Who knows, maybe Axl is as well. Maybe he's got 3 solo albums in the can on top of the Chi Dem trilogy!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1872 on: October 09, 2013, 01:10:48 PM »

ur last statement there is by FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the KEY statement to alllll of this.... if Axl had done ANYTHING with guns n roses in terms of releases between 93 and 08... this would not be an issue....

but that 15 year gap followed up by todays uncertainty is the issue that gets a lot of people angry/frustrated/dumbfounded

and this why comparing them to other bands like metallica or whoever who havent released an album since 08 as well...is complete nonsense... no other band had a 15 year gap

i know.... GNR ... had special circumstances... Grin

I DEMAND THIS ALBUM   Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1873 on: October 09, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »

Again, I've accepted GN'R for what they have become, but let's not pretend their producing at a level that could ever be confused as normal.
Let alone comparable to the heavy weights listed.

Exactly.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1874 on: October 09, 2013, 01:20:47 PM »

If Axl had done ANYTHING with guns n roses in terms of releases between 93 and 08... this would not be an issue....

Exactly right.  And only here are we made out to be the bad guy for simply having a conversation with fellow fans.

Comments like "Metallica hasn't released an album since 2008" or "U2 hasn't released an album since 2009" are already pretty silly, because it ignores the overall picture.  But that's further compounded by anyone suggesting if you want to talk about other bands, then let's talk their ENTIRE history...only to be told that's not allowed, of course.  Once you can't dictate the terms of the conversation, the comparisons are no longer valid.  Suddenly "all bands are different".

Kind of strange.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:23:32 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1875 on: October 09, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »

I don't question the quality of Metallica's unreleased songs since the quality of their released songs doesn't do anything for me.

I've listened to music long enough to know that my favorite artists sometimes keep strong tracks for later use or keep it unreleased all together. I've had some of my favorite artists release compilation albums with amazing previously unreleased tracks on them. So to question GN'R based on that seems silly.

You didn't get it. Most artists speak highly of their latest composition. It's normal to be proud of your latest labor..... Smiley

What you fail to recognize is that Axl told the fans he has all this material so have some faith....then failed to back the faith up. You know you along with the rest if us told friends and family that the wait isn't so long cos they have recorded tons of material....wait and see we all said.If all this is for one album yes it's ridiculous we all said. Rather than acknowledge this and admit the doubters were right you would prefer to slag the fans that stood by them and were let down??

You're right about what? Jesus. The material exists. He didn't make it all up!

I'm pretty sure about that. We're not talking about an Internet troll wanting attention to make himself seem important, it's Axl. He knows what he has! He doesn't need to make up song titles and post them on the Internet!

Boohoo. Since we don't have a time machine, nothing can make GN'R release more albums between 1993 and 2008.

You spent all those years saying how stupid it was for not having an album. Then you got one and you spent the rest of eternity pointing out how you only had one album in those years. Nothing can fix that. Let it go already.  hihi

and this why comparing them to other bands like metallica or whoever who havent released an album since 08 as well...is complete nonsense... no other band had a 15 year gap

No other band had to rebuild itself like GN'R.
While Metallica was making a movie about how they don't get along, GN'R was being rebuild from the ground up.  Wink

Comments like "Metallica hasn't released an album since 2008" or "U2 hasn't released an album since 2009" are already pretty silly, because it ignores the overall picture.  But that's further compounded by anyone suggesting if you want to talk about other bands, then let's talk their ENTIRE history...only to be told that's not allowed, of course.  Once you can't dictate the terms of the conversation, the comparisons are no longer valid.  Suddenly "all bands are different".

Kind of strange.

What's strange is the fact that people assume that just because a band started in 1985, it must've been able to record, release material and tour in say 1997. Even though we all here know damn well that it wasn't the case!

While many bands can just go into a studio to record, GN'R were looking to have a complete line up to actually be able to do those things!
How many of you ever take these things into consideration? Be honest.

Metallica had to get a new bass player. One bass player. Not a bass player, drummer and guitarists...

That's why these comparisons you're so fond of don't work. No other band has had to go through what GN'R did! Simple as that.
But for some reason it doesn't matter to you. "They should've because Metallica did it".

/jarmo

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1876 on: October 09, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »

I don't question the quality of Metallica's unreleased songs since the quality of their released songs doesn't do anything for me.

I've listened to music long enough to know that my favorite artists sometimes keep strong tracks for later use or keep it unreleased all together. I've had some of my favorite artists release compilation albums with amazing previously unreleased tracks on them. So to question GN'R based on that seems silly.

You didn't get it. Most artists speak highly of their latest composition. It's normal to be proud of your latest labor..... Smiley

What you fail to recognize is that Axl told the fans he has all this material so have some faith....then failed to back the faith up. You know you along with the rest if us told friends and family that the wait isn't so long cos they have recorded tons of material....wait and see we all said.If all this is for one album yes it's ridiculous we all said. Rather than acknowledge this and admit the doubters were right you would prefer to slag the fans that stood by them and were let down??

You're right about what? Jesus. The material exists. He didn't make it all up!

I'm pretty sure about that. We're not talking about an Internet troll wanting attention to make himself seem important, it's Axl. He knows what he has! He doesn't need to make up song titles and post them on the Internet!

Boohoo. Since we don't have a time machine, nothing can make GN'R release more albums between 1993 and 2008.

You spent all those years saying how stupid it was for not having an album. Then you got one and you spent the rest of eternity pointing out how you only had one album in those years. Nothing can fix that. Let it go already.  hihi

No other band had to rebuild itself like GN'R.
While Metallica was making a movie about how they don't get along, GN'R was being rebuild from the ground up.  Wink

Kind of strange.

What's strange is the fact that people assume that just because a band started in 1985, it must've been able to record, release material and tour in say 1997. Even though we all here know damn well that it wasn't the case!

While many bands can just go into a studio to record, GN'R were looking to have a complete line up to actually be able to do those things!
How many of you ever take these things into consideration? Be honest.

Metallica had to get a new bass player. One bass player. Not a bass player, drummer and guitarists...

That's why these comparisons you're so fond of don't work. No other band has had to go through what GN'R did! Simple as that.
But for some reason it doesn't matter to you. "They should've because Metallica did it".

/jarmo
And now they have them..... rant Whats happening? Hark, did Ijust hear somebody say, "shut up and sing"  Wink
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1877 on: October 09, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »

You spent all those years saying how stupid it was for not having an album. Then you got one and you spent the rest of eternity pointing out how you only had one album

I agree.

But what has been done on that front since then?  Nada.  That's a legit question to be asked at this point.  Its not a demand made to the band at the point of a gun, its a question fans ask other fans.

It is, October 2013, rolex time.  But if you polled the entire GNR fanbase and asked them if they think anything new will happen in 2014, they would not react positively.  Think about that.  The overwhelming majority would laugh at the question.  We are talking the next 15 months here.  Which we can just add to the 48 before it.

And no, going to play a handful of dates in South America for a few weeks is not the answer the question being asked, Jarmo.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1878 on: October 09, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »

I say this out of love and if you knew me you would know how much of a fan of Axl's I am. What is happening exactly? Anyone know? Is there some serious health issues that we don't know about? That could explain a lot.

I know he was ill a lot and he hurt himself so he couldn't run like he used to. Maybe these injuries explain the need for a cane. Maybe it explains why he can't just get himself healthy. I would just hate to think its a lack of a drive. That takes over everything in a persons world. It starts from within. If he isn't able to properly take care of himself and get healthy and fierce how can we expect any movement here.

I am very concerned for Axl. If he could just do something even start taking some kickboxing and feel good about himself maybe he could feel good about other things and we would be closer to getting to hear the music that is in his head.

Anyone know what is going on?

Axl you aren't getting old just older. Nothing stopping a 50 year old from looking savage. Plently of examples out there if you need inspiration. I am pulling for you man. From the heart.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1879 on: October 09, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »

This whole argument is ridiculous.  We're all massive GNR fans, and this thread is about the next GNR album.  The fact is, Axl has another album of finished material that was originally intended to be released within a reasonable timeframe after Chinese Democracy.  Axl is holding said album hostage from the fans, waiting for I don't know what kind of assurances, monies, marketing plans from the label before he decides that it's time to let GNR fans hear it.

We don't get updates. Even though this was an album Axl discussed in detail during his "fan chats" we just don't get updates regarding its status.   Just doesn't happen.  If you were content to wait 15 years for the press release that came in October 2008 for Chinese Democracy, then more power to ya.  The rest of us who actually live in time are getting pretty annoyed with this whole operation and the lack of fan updates.

And you know what the real joke is?  When the next album announcement, whenever it may or may not happen, will mean more to us than anyone.  Certainly moreso than those who are content with no communication other than those dreadful GNR Facebook posts which use "Anything Goes" lyrics to cleverly (I use that loosely) incert them into pointless topical posts.

If every action, or in this case, non-action of Guns N' Rose was met with utter apathy from the fanbase, that would make this and every other forum pretty useless.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: