Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681171 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1820 on: October 07, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »

There, cleaned up a bunch of Dead Horse posts. It's easy to forget that this isn't about how unhappy you are with the setlist from show X...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1821 on: October 07, 2013, 05:56:14 PM »

In this week's Danko Jones podcast featuring Richard & Dizzy

Here's a link: https://soundcloud.com/dankojones/episode-57-dizzy-reed-richard

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1822 on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »

Going by what Richard said, my guess is that they're in the mixing stage, possibly tweeking and adding stuff to older existing tracks, trying to finish those up.

Keep in mind "writing" doesn't necessarily mean that whatever they are writing/working on now is necessarilly meant for the next release.  Reminds me of how Axl said during the Eddie Trunk interview in 2006 that even though Chinese Democracy was pretty much finished, they were still writing and working on other music for the subsequent albums that very week.

For all we know, Axl & Caram are hard at work right now getting everything together.   

Back in 2008, Ron said that he found out for sure that Chinese was coming out that year when the official press release came out.   I would imagine not much has changed in how Axl operates in the last 5 years....
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1823 on: October 07, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »

In this week's Danko Jones podcast featuring Richard & Dizzy, Richard stated that they are currently writing and trying to "finish" the next GNR record, noting that some of the tracks they are working were written before he joined the band in 2002.

Looks like the next album, whether it actually materializes or not, is at least meant to consist mainly of tracks written during the Chi Dem era, if not, all.  Whether the band includes the recently written tracks will obviously depend on Axl recording vocals for them.  God knows how long that could take...
To be fair, this is something I've been saying for years now. The next album will almost all be tracks written during the CD sessions, it won't be material written solely by the current band. And this is because Axl knows he has brilliant songs ready to go, and I don't believe he has ever really entertained the idea of writing with this current line-up. Just my opinion...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1824 on: October 07, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »

In this week's Danko Jones podcast featuring Richard & Dizzy, Richard stated that they are currently writing and trying to "finish" the next GNR record, noting that some of the tracks they are working were written before he joined the band in 2002.

Looks like the next album, whether it actually materializes or not, is at least meant to consist mainly of tracks written during the Chi Dem era, if not, all.  Whether the band includes the recently written tracks will obviously depend on Axl recording vocals for them.  God knows how long that could take...
To be fair, this is something I've been saying for years now. The next album will almost all be tracks written during the CD sessions, it won't be material written solely by the current band. And this is because Axl knows he has brilliant songs ready to go, and I don't believe he has ever really entertained the idea of writing with this current line-up. Just my opinion...

I think that's far from certain.  The next album could all be CD-era tracks, or they could be a mixture of newer tracks and CD-era tracks.  We really don't know at this point which way it will go.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1825 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »

There, cleaned up a bunch of Dead Horse posts. It's easy to forget that this isn't about how unhappy you are with the setlist from show X...

And that's super, but the conversation was about how Axl is sounding these days, relative to other tours.

Is that not allowed?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1826 on: October 07, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »

I think that's far from certain.  The next album could all be CD-era tracks, or they could be a mixture of newer tracks and CD-era tracks.  We really don't know at this point which way it will go.

Don't we?

Educated guess, its a bunch of tracks recorded years ago with a few extra drum fills and riffs here and there by the new guys to give the air of collaboration.

As a betting person, isn't that what you'd bet on?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1827 on: October 07, 2013, 07:43:47 PM »

Don't we?

Educated guess, its a bunch of tracks recorded years ago with a few extra drum fills and riffs here and there by the new guys to give the air of collaboration.

As a betting person, isn't that what you'd bet on?

Are you asking what is known or what one would bet on?  Those are two distinctly different things.

Since there is no new album with a confirmed tracklisting, we don't know anything.  I'd be willing to bet there are some CD-era tracks that could be on the next album.  However, I can't rule out whether or not any songs written with DJ will be on the next album.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1828 on: October 07, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »

I'm just comparing it to the last album.

When we heard the leaks, they were songs done by a band, some of which were long gone.

When we got the finished products, they certainly weren't re-recorded.  That vocal track on 'I.R.S.' never changed, despite a few riffs and sound effects being added to the leak we all heard.  'Catcher', same thing.

That's what I'd assume happens on the next one.  Even if Axl has songs he likes, he doesn't seem averse to releasing tracks with guys out of the band for years.  Sometimes, he just tacks some new stuff on it to make it seem like it was a collaborative effort.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1829 on: October 07, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

When we heard the leaks, they were songs done by a band, some of which were long gone.

When we got the finished products, they certainly weren't re-recorded.  That vocal track on 'I.R.S.' never changed, despite a few riffs and sound effects being added to the leak we all heard.  'Catcher', same thing.

That's what I'd assume happens on the next one.  Even if Axl has songs he likes, he doesn't seem averse to releasing tracks with guys out of the band for years.  Sometimes, he just tacks some new stuff on it to make it seem like it was a collaborative effort.

This.

The MAIN vocals on Chinese Democracy, IRS, TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute, Madagascar & The Blues were all recorded during the Sean Beaven era, 98-99.  The album came out in 2008.  This was recently confirmed by Sean Beaven.

If you consider that the vocals on tracks like The General, Atlas, Soul Monster, Thyme, Seven, etc. have already been recorded....well...I think you can safely bet that those are indeed the tracks that will end up on the next album, should Axl decide to release it one of these years.

Now, which guitarists will be featured on said tracks is anyone's guess at this point.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1830 on: October 08, 2013, 12:28:31 AM »

I think what you describe, what happened with CD, will happen on at least some tracks on the next album.  There's no way to know if that is what all the songs will be like.

Ali
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #1831 on: October 08, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »

I'm guessing that on some songs Ashba will re-record guitar parts,like when Bboot joined in 2006,he spend some time in the studio on a few songs on CD.Maybe after the next album is out and the CD catalog is empty,then this lineup will write new music.For the time being there are plenty leftovers from CD sessions to play with

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1832 on: October 08, 2013, 11:26:20 AM »

I'm guessing that on some songs Ashba will re-record guitar parts,like when Bboot joined in 2006,he spend some time in the studio on a few songs on CD.Maybe after the next album is out and the CD catalog is empty,then this lineup will write new music.For the time being there are plenty leftovers from CD sessions to play with

Agreed.  I would wager that DJ has already re-recorded some of the Finck/Buckethead material and will have a strong presence on several key songs.  Ron stated that he recorded on "a good handful" of tracks that did not appear on Chinese, including Atlas Shrugged.  For all we know his work could be more or less done, if that's what Axl wants to use. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1833 on: October 08, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »

I think the additions to the songs on the last album were a mixed bag.

I think with 'I.R.S.', they helped.  Those few extra riffs and a few sound effects improved the song, I think.  A song like 'Prostitute', I think that little scratchy sound they put sort of underneath the music was not needed.  To this day, I prefer the leak.

But most, you could take or leave.  The extra drum fills and vocal backtrack in 'There Was A Time'.  The mid song fade in 'If The World'.  The few extra riffs on the title track.  Not really good or bad, in my opinion.

But, end of the day, not a one of those changes warranted another 2 plus years delay.  I suspect any new album is the same sort of thing.  Hopefully, Axl has learned and will not drag his ass forever and let leaks get out.  If we didn't have the leaks to compare the finished products to, we would never have known how minor the alterations were.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1834 on: October 08, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

I think the additions to the songs on the last album were a mixed bag.

I think with 'I.R.S.', they helped.  Those few extra riffs and a few sound effects improved the song, I think.  A song like 'Prostitute', I think that little scratchy sound they put sort of underneath the music was not needed.  To this day, I prefer the leak.

But most, you could take or leave.  The extra drum fills and vocal backtrack in 'There Was A Time'.  The mid song fade in 'If The World'.  The few extra riffs on the title track.  Not really good or bad, in my opinion.

But, end of the day, not a one of those changes warranted another 2 plus years delay.  I suspect any new album is the same sort of thing.  Hopefully, Axl has learned and will not drag his ass forever and let leaks get out.  If we didn't have the leaks to compare the finished products to, we would never have known how minor the alterations were.

My thoughts exactly.

I think a lot of shit gets over-thought in the GNR world, and the music gets utterly lost with constant tinkering, trying to reinvent the wheel, obsessing about "marketing plans" blah, blah, blah.

You have a bunch of finished tracks?  Put 'em out, make the fans happy.  Why is that seemingly impossible for Axl to accomplish?  This is Guns N' Roses, one of the biggest acts in rock n' roll.  If Axl were being reasonable, we'd have another album by now, simple as that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1835 on: October 08, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

Without the leaks, you wouldn't have anything other than live versions to compare to and chances are you wouldn't even make comments like "this part is not needed".

If Axl were being reasonable, we'd have another album by now, simple as that.

And what exactly do you base that on?
I'm very curious.

Making that kind of statement implies that you know everything is down to Axl. So I'm sure you have some kind of evidence to back it up.

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1836 on: October 08, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »

I've read on one of the boards just recently that guns wanted a new album out in 2010 but this was refused by the label. Anyone know any more info about this?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1837 on: October 08, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »

Without the leaks, you wouldn't have anything other than live versions to compare to and chances are you wouldn't even make comments like "this part is not needed".

If Axl were being reasonable, we'd have another album by now, simple as that.

And what exactly do you base that on?
I'm very curious.

Making that kind of statement implies that you know everything is down to Axl. So I'm sure you have some kind of evidence to back it up.

/jarmo

Do you have evidence that it isn't up to Axl, who is still one of the biggest names in rock, as to whether we get the next album?  You seem to not have a problem saying so, so I too am sure that you have evidence to back that up.

Or maybe we're both just entitled to have opinions based on what we know, which is not much.  Wink

Even the guys in the band will say that it comes down to Axl when it comes to releases whatever the format may be.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:10:22 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1838 on: October 08, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »

Do you have evidence that it isn't up to Axl, who is still one of the biggest names in rock, as to whether we get the next album?  You seem to not have a problem saying so, so I too am sure that you have evidence to back that up.

Chinese Democracy was done in 2007.
You honestly think he decided to release it on that exact November in 2008 as soon as the album was done?

I don't think so! So, excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but it can't only be up to Axl when an album is actually released.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1839 on: October 08, 2013, 05:28:11 PM »

Chinese Democracy was done in 2007.
You honestly think he decided to release it on that exact November in 2008 as soon as the album was done?

I don't think so! So, excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but it can't only be up to Axl when an album is actually released.

/jarmo

Are you sure?

"The name helped the music more than you could ever know and I?m not talking in regards to studios or budgets I mean it as in being pushed by something and having to get the music to a place where I can find my peace regardless of what anyone says. And that wasn?t fully achieved until the last round of mastering and swapping out a version of a track at the pressing plant that had gotten inadvertently changed at the last minute."  -Axl Rose
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: