Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681400 times)
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1800 on: October 03, 2013, 07:47:20 PM »

You know as much as I prefer the first three Metallica albums to anything they have done since. I really respect the fuck out of them. They just keep going. They keep pushing things forward. Like this new movie. Its fucking cool. I loved it. I would still love it even if I wasn't all Alcohollica while watching. IMAX 3D and the sound was spectacular. They keep bringing it and I am proud of them.

GNR can't even get a blu ray released (let alone new music). I am really happy Chinese Democracy got a release but now it just seems even that was a mistake. Thats all we hear about regarding it. Axl wasn't happy with how it was handled. Its always someone else's fault things aren't going right. The managers or the labels. There is starting to be a bad taste in my mouth regarding CD and I really like the album. At times I have loved it and do love most of it. It's just things are starting to sour.

Its funny that back in the day I went from being a hardcore Metallica fan to a raving lunatic of a GNR fan. I am more a fan of GNR's legacy today I guess. Appetite is still brilliant. I have seen GNR so many times live and right now I don't think I will again until new music is released. Metallica is at least still doing their thing and I feel they earned it. The dudes still look badass. Nothing sloppy there, and they play the fuck out the songs.

Nothing would please me more then to see Axl stepping up, train his ass off, and be his badass self again. Just keep moving forward. Anytime humans stay stationary for too long things get weird. I really just miss Axl. Even when he's right there in front me. This 5 years or whatever its been since CD is starting to feel more like 10. Bring it Axl goddamnit!

I think it comes down to having a proper release and promotion. Metallica put way more money into getting their film made, but it looks like the reviews are favorable and will do well on home video. I know the Michael Jackson fans and Bieber fans are getting worked up about Metallica having a "best weekend", but Metallica chose to play it in around 300 theaters, and IMAX tends to re-release things in the theaters, so they'll keep making money off of it.

We'll see what happens when we get to the 1 year mark of the Appetite for Democracy residency, but I think putting out a trailer 5 months ago and getting dead silence on any updates? I also chalk it up to the spring/summer touring GNR did and not in any rush to put a concert film. Why settle for seeing the band on video when you can still see them live?

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1801 on: October 04, 2013, 06:00:02 PM »

Why settle for seeing the band on video when you can still see them live?

... settle? Metallica performs live you know? Metallica releases new music. They are working on a new album right now and just had an album not too long ago. And another one not too long before that. See, you can release new music and do shows. In Metallica's case you can also have a badass IMAX 3D concert film too. Settling is exactly what us GNR fans do. We settle.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1802 on: October 04, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »

... settle? Metallica performs live you know? Metallica releases new music. They are working on a new album right now and just had an album not too long ago. And another one not too long before that. See, you can release new music and do shows. In Metallica's case you can also have a badass IMAX 3D concert film too. Settling is exactly what us GNR fans do. We settle.

Ain't that the truth.

Course' there's always people who will stand outside in the proverbial storm without an umbrella and try to convince you it's not raining, it's just your point of view.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1803 on: October 04, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »

Not sure what you're talking about.  Metallica last released an album of original material before CD came out in 2008.

Ali
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1804 on: October 04, 2013, 06:47:31 PM »

Lulu was only a couple years ago. 2011.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1805 on: October 04, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »

Lulu was only a couple years ago. 2011.
That was not a Metallica album.  That was side project collaborating with Lou Reed.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1806 on: October 04, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »

Metallica playing shows with no new studio album out since 2008? Must suck for their fans!

Releasing a concert film instead of recording a new album? How dare they! Don't they know their fans just want them to stop doing things they want and record a new album?

I hope their fans were thrilled abut Lulu. After all, it's all about releasing those albums..... Gotta keep the "quota".

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1807 on: October 04, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »

Great post and spot on.

We take the meager scraps we get as manna from heaven.  Any other fanbase would consider such things the bare minimum.

Then we get to be told how good we have it.  Its crazyness.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1808 on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »

Metallica playing shows with no new studio album out since 2008? Must suck for their fans!

Releasing a concert film instead of recording a new album? How dare they! Don't they know their fans just want them to stop doing things they want and record a new album?

I hope their fans were thrilled abut Lulu. After all, it's all about releasing those albums..... Gotta keep the "quota".

Tongue

/jarmo

All due respect Jarmo, if we are going to take the Pepsi challenge with Metallica's fanbase versus ours, we are going to get smoked.

No one looks at our situation with envy.  Pity, but not envy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1809 on: October 05, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »

I was just looking at older clips of GNR. What I'm about to say isn't about the debate as whether or not the GNR name should be used. One of the big issues that I do see is that the other members do not have equity in the GNR name like the originals. They all have something to fall back on and are not legally responsible. Axl is the only person that does have equity in the GNR name and is legally responsible. Other than the record company, there really isn't anyone to push Axl to get stuff done whether it's new music or releasing the Las Vegas residency in movie theaters. I think before you had people pushing Axl to get stuff done because they didn't want to see their drug dealers, but also they each had something in stake. I think that's a key issue right now.  This is not to say that the new members do not care about GNR or. It's just that there is only so much they can do.  Just my two cents.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1810 on: October 06, 2013, 04:07:07 AM »

Jarmo. do you feel that GNR fans have more legitimate reason to complain/whinge or do you feel the level of complaining/whingeing is because GNR fans are somehow more prone to complaining by nature?? If it's the former then perhaps concede that people are legitimately frustrated and have good reason to voice an opinion. Otherwise please explain how/why fans of GNR's music have a natural propensity to complain more than fans of other bands??
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1811 on: October 06, 2013, 07:19:59 AM »

Tongue

/jarmo

Nonsense. Metallica are my second favorite band and should be held as the prime example of a band that looks after it's fans in terms of delivering the goods and communication.

Firstly your statement is rubbish as Metallica have released new material since 2008. An EP called Beyond Magnetic. Which is a very good idea- get's material out from previous session & keeps the fan's happy! They've released numerous DVD's and now an epic movie  & accompanying cd. If you like Metallica 'Through the Never' really is the bomb. The DVD proves to have great extra features - full gig only, narrative only etc.. Metallica have always pushed the boat out to be innovators in that respect. Cunning Stunts was the first concert film to be made specifically for DVD.

There Fan Club & website is GREAT! They have a dedicated team behind it and are actively involved. GN'R's is a discrace. FACT!

I went to a Q&A with Lars on Friday. The priority now is a new album! He said himself that it's time- The fans and them need NEW MATERIAL! They hit the studio in December. As a fan of them I have no doubt this will happen and the band will keep their fans updated throughout.

In comparison GN'R can't even deliver a standard DVD release.

The credits of 'Through the Never' went to show how many people are behind the Metallica machine. I'm sorry and I may be wrong- but my hunch is an inexperienced management company like team Brazil is not doing our favourite band any real favours.   Cliff Burnstein and Peter Mensch (Metallica's management) were managing AC/DC at the age of 26 and are now one of the biggest management companies in the world. I'm of the opinion that is what a BIG band needs.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1812 on: October 06, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »

Also LuLu was nothing to do with filling Quota's it was an artistic choice to try something different with an artist they admired. Nothing to be scorned in my opinion.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1813 on: October 06, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »

Also LuLu was nothing to do with filling Quota's it was an artistic choice to try something different with an artist they admired. Nothing to be scorned in my opinion.

This.

That quota comment and mini rant was weird. I just think Metallica has become and maybe always were the gold standard. They can keep doing this well into there 60s. They became the band we all deep down wish GNR were. Constantly moving forward. Constantly trying new things constantly challenging themselves and the fans. They do whatever the fuck they want and best yet they still seem driven. Some things work some things don't. But if they want to try something they just do it.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1814 on: October 06, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »

I don't think GNR would be GNR if they were like Metallica. I know Metallica has legions of fans and a ton of hits, but in my opinion they have a lot of bad songs too. St. anger is one of the worst songs I've ever heard, and a lot of there music sounds the same. I'm not hating in them, I do like a lot if their music, but to say that's what GNR should be like....... I don't think they'd be gnr

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1815 on: October 06, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »

It was a joke!

Some attack GN'R for touring without a new album out. Metallica does the same, so I guess their fans must oppose it as well?

They released an album with Lou Reed, some GN'R fans keep saying GN'R needs to release albums within a certain time frame...  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #1816 on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:52 PM »

I don't think GNR would be GNR if they were like Metallica. I know Metallica has legions of fans and a ton of hits, but in my opinion they have a lot of bad songs too. St. anger is one of the worst songs I've ever heard, and a lot of there music sounds the same. I'm not hating in them, I do like a lot if their music, but to say that's what GNR should be like....... I don't think they'd be gnr

The difference imo is that Metallica is a organization,working like a company,releasing something every 6 months.Maiden do the same for ages now,Sabbath too.
You could say that they care for their fans and offer them so many releases and concerts.Or not ? That they rip off their fans and know that whatever they release will sell.
I'm 99.9 % sure that GN'R are exactly like I want them to be.Obscure and not playing by the rules.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1817 on: October 07, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »

Metallica is legit. How can you even say otherwise. Absurd. Guns is a business to you know. And really dude GNR are exactly like you want them to be? Whether they release a 3D Blu ray concert or not you don't care. New music? Eh who needs it? It's all the same? You don't give a fuck huh? You are so badass.

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #1818 on: October 07, 2013, 03:30:29 AM »

No.i'm not badass.I like Metallica a lot,saw them 2 times,grew up with Metallica.
True,every music artist is a business,some are more than others.
We stick with GN'R all these years compromising,waiting and hoping for anything.Every fan would want somethings being done different,some gave up hope and jumped ship.The rest of us still hope and wait.Isn't this "badass" ?

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1819 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »

In this week's Danko Jones podcast featuring Richard & Dizzy, Richard stated that they are currently writing and trying to "finish" the next GNR record, noting that some of the tracks they are working were written before he joined the band in 2002.

Looks like the next album, whether it actually materializes or not, is at least meant to consist mainly of tracks written during the Chi Dem era, if not, all.  Whether the band includes the recently written tracks will obviously depend on Axl recording vocals for them.  God knows how long that could take...
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: