Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681517 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #1780 on: October 01, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »

And I've been a fan since 87, when my uncle sent me a bootleg of live like a suicide while he was living in LA. That's closing in on 27 years.

Yeah, we're all lifelong fans.  And if we've stuck around this long, we likely always will be.

But sweet jesus, why is everyone around here so terrified to offer a critical word?  Even something benign.  I can't understand why the powers that be don't allow a bunch of conversation how its not GNR without Slash.  That's not what I mean by being critical.

But to so much as suggest that you, personally, think something was mishandled, you are lectured at best, and called some needy overbearing asshole at worst.  We are all just fans talking on the internet, aren't we?  What's the harm in a little objectivity from time to time?  Everyone walks on eggshells around here. 
You know what if the other original members would off fired Axl in the 90s of before that. Tons of fans would be saying that it?s not GN?R without Axl. It would off being a big gamble from their part. I don?t think they were ready for that challenge. Van Halen fired DLR because the heart and soul of their band was Eddie. But Black Sabbath without Ozzy didn?t do much. The same can be said about Iron Maden without Dickinson.  Before seeing Slash on stage with Axl. I need to see Slash and Axl working of their many issues. I want them to be friends again before they can be bandmates.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1781 on: October 01, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »

And I've been a fan since 87, when my uncle sent me a bootleg of live like a suicide while he was living in LA. That's closing in on 27 years.

Yeah, we're all lifelong fans.  And if we've stuck around this long, we likely always will be.

But sweet jesus, why is everyone around here so terrified to offer a critical word?  Even something benign.  I can't understand why the powers that be don't allow a bunch of conversation how its not GNR without Slash.  That's not what I mean by being critical.

But to so much as suggest that you, personally, think something was mishandled, you are lectured at best, and called some needy overbearing asshole at worst.  We are all just fans talking on the internet, aren't we?  What's the harm in a little objectivity from time to time?  Everyone walks on eggshells around here. 

FYI, the time frame wasn't meant to be an e-peen comparison. Just to add context that I'd been through all the different eras and waits.

That "let us talk" knife cuts both ways, though.

If you want to share your opinions...others are going to share theirs.  As you say, it's discussion. Not monologue.

What you see as objectivity, another might see as rampant unfounded speculation.

I don't criticize because, largely, I don't see anything to complain about. That hasn't always been true...but it is right now.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:26:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #1782 on: October 01, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »

So, if and when a new GnR album does come out, what are we expecting sound wise?

I guess some of the songs from the Chinese sessions will be on there, maybe some DJ songs? Personally, I'd just be looking for more of the same. I would speculate that the current guitarists would re-record the guitar parts to give them some kind of 'ownership' when they play live.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1783 on: October 01, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »

So, if and when a new GnR album does come out, what are we expecting sound wise?

I guess some of the songs from the Chinese sessions will be on there, maybe some DJ songs? Personally, I'd just be looking for more of the same. I would speculate that the current guitarists would re-record the guitar parts to give them some kind of 'ownership' when they play live.

Soundwise: a 'melting pot', like Chinese. Love that! I would also love a couple of raw simple rockers, and then some epics in the spirit of TWAT and Madagascar👍

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1784 on: October 01, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »

Soundwise: a 'melting pot', like Chinese. Love that! I would also love a couple of raw simple rockers, and then some epics in the spirit of TWAT and Madagascar

If it actually materializes, I agree, it'll be similar to Chinese.  I'd be shocked if DJ had any writing creds, but I'm sure he'll be largely featured on the older Chinese era tracks, similar to what Ron did on Chinese.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:40:49 PM by sofine11 » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1785 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »

I recall Axl saying in one of his interviews in 2009 that the next one will be similar to Chinese

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #1786 on: October 01, 2013, 09:22:36 PM »

I recall Axl saying in one of his interviews in 2009 that the next one will be similar to Chinese

If they want to release all the leftovers from the CD sessions and empty the shelfs,then they should do just that.I'm hoping for a significant Ashba contribution  Smiley

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1787 on: October 02, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »

If they want to release all the leftovers from the CD sessions and empty the shelfs,then they should do just that.I'm hoping for a significant Ashba contribution  Smiley

A while back Ron stated in an interview that if it were up to him he would "put out the rest of of the Chinese era tracks, and fast" before beginning to record with the current lineup.

I wish Ron were in charge.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1788 on: October 02, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »

And yet you don't know if that's also the wish of the persons in charge.... It might be, we don't know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1789 on: October 02, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »

And yet you don't know if that's also the wish of the persons in charge.... It might be, we don't know.

/jarmo

I certainly hope it is.  Who knows?  Things are quiet right now.  In theory, anything could be cooking...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1790 on: October 02, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »

/jarmo

I certainly hope it is.  Who knows?  Things are quiet right now.  In theory, anything could be cooking...

I actually hope that's what happens - as a fan I think it's what is best for both the band and its fanbase. Get the CD era stuff out then do a new lineup album and by that point we're probably 5 years from now minimum. Like Jarmo said -who knows what the people in charge want. It'd be great though.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1791 on: October 02, 2013, 03:06:21 PM »

Yeah... Ideally the people who are in the band would create the music on the album

But I tend to lean towards releasing the old stuff.....and only because starting from scratch just feels like it would take another decade... (just basing that on past results)

as always fingers are crossed that the stars will align and Axl, the label, management and whoever else can get on the same page for something sooner rather than later

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1792 on: October 02, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »

I also wonder the reasoning behind the label maybe saying no to the album....

is it because they thought it wasnt good enough or maybe they were just like why is this record made by two guitar players and a drummer who are no longer in the band? maybe they dont want that

id love to know the reasoning for them saying no.... or maybe it was just spite towards axl which he seems to believe

or maybe they didnt reject anything.... ha... guess we'll never know

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1793 on: October 02, 2013, 03:39:58 PM »

I also wonder the reasoning behind the label maybe saying no to the album....

is it because they thought it wasnt good enough or maybe they were just like why is this record made by two guitar players and a drummer who are no longer in the band? maybe they dont want that

id love to know the reasoning for them saying no.... or maybe it was just spite towards axl which he seems to believe

or maybe they didnt reject anything.... ha... guess we'll never know

I dunno.  The whole thing with the label saying "Make 'em better!" may have flown in 2000, back when they brought in Roy Thomas Baker, but now?  The music labels are all hurting, and I would wager that at this point they'd take and put out a new Guns N' Roses album any way they could get it. 

You have to consider that if they're releasing the rest of the Chi Dem era tracks, it's something Geffen/Universal has already paid for and they would only stand to profit from seeing it released.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that what's currently holding the next album up are assurances from the label regarding marketing and promotion that they seemingly have not agreed to, not yet, anyway.  Otherwise, we'd all be jamming to Soul Monster right now. 

Axl publicly stated that he felt burned by the label and his then management regarding a marketing plan that never materialized.  I doubt he'd simply hand over another record without having those things firmly in place first.

I just hope they can come to terms sometime before we all die.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:42:26 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1794 on: October 02, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »

A while back Ron stated in an interview that if it were up to him he would "put out the rest of of the Chinese era tracks, and fast" before beginning to record with the current lineup.

Big time.  He seems to be perhaps the only one that wants to get this show on the road.

Allowing, of course, for the super probable chance that wheels are furiously turning behind the scenes, and won't my face just be red when a new album comes out soon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #1795 on: October 02, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »

And where does the recent leaked song fit ? 2 days after the last official anouncement from management this song comes out.
intentionally ? maybe give the dog a bone to play with for some time ?
The video for Better also got leaked in a not so active period.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1796 on: October 02, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »

Big time.  He seems to be perhaps the only one that wants to get this show on the road.

Allowing, of course, for the super probable chance that wheels are furiously turning behind the scenes, and won't my face just be red when a new album comes out soon.

Part of me always hopes beyond hope that big things are being planned during the off time.  You think I would have learned after RIR 2011 that those types of expectations lead to...well...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1797 on: October 02, 2013, 06:23:44 PM »

You know as much as I prefer the first three Metallica albums to anything they have done since. I really respect the fuck out of them. They just keep going. They keep pushing things forward. Like this new movie. Its fucking cool. I loved it. I would still love it even if I wasn't all Alcohollica while watching. IMAX 3D and the sound was spectacular. They keep bringing it and I am proud of them.

GNR can't even get a blu ray released (let alone new music). I am really happy Chinese Democracy got a release but now it just seems even that was a mistake. Thats all we hear about regarding it. Axl wasn't happy with how it was handled. Its always someone else's fault things aren't going right. The managers or the labels. There is starting to be a bad taste in my mouth regarding CD and I really like the album. At times I have loved it and do love most of it. It's just things are starting to sour.

Its funny that back in the day I went from being a hardcore Metallica fan to a raving lunatic of a GNR fan. I am more a fan of GNR's legacy today I guess. Appetite is still brilliant. I have seen GNR so many times live and right now I don't think I will again until new music is released. Metallica is at least still doing their thing and I feel they earned it. The dudes still look badass. Nothing sloppy there, and they play the fuck out the songs.

Nothing would please me more then to see Axl stepping up, train his ass off, and be his badass self again. Just keep moving forward. Anytime humans stay stationary for too long things get weird. I really just miss Axl. Even when he's right there in front me. This 5 years or whatever its been since CD is starting to feel more like 10. Bring it Axl goddamnit!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:25:31 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1798 on: October 03, 2013, 01:15:30 AM »

Man...maybe I shouldn't have wrote that earlier. Was on a high after seeing that movie and needed to vent some frustration. Just wish GNR could start being more like a real band again and not some guys who seemingly get together once in awhile to perform GNR songs live. Few things are as exciting as when new GNR music gets released.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1799 on: October 03, 2013, 06:47:36 AM »

Man...maybe I shouldn't have wrote that earlier. Was on a high after seeing that movie and needed to vent some frustration. Just wish GNR could start being more like a real band again and not some guys who seemingly get together once in awhile to perform GNR songs live. Few things are as exciting as when new GNR music gets released.
Dude, don't be too harsh on yourself, I too have vented a lot in the recent past and that's just because I'm frustrated by how great things "could" be, but aren't... and it's issue after issue all the time. It's the age old question, which is why does everything have to be SO much more complicated, more than it ever needs to be in GN'R land. I just wish that everything outside of the live shows were as amazing and in your face as the shows themself... seems like we've been waiting forever for some stuff again, such a shame.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:49:46 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: