Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681637 times)
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1760 on: September 30, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »

Ok give me one example of a situation where a band has claimed to have recorded multiple albums but failed to release  them?? I know you said 'songs' but that's a lame argument. of course bands record songs that they don't release. it;'s usually because those songs aren't up to scratch. that's the entire point. You can claim all you want that you have a bunch of great material but unless you release it then it's all talk.

If a tree falls in the wood and there's no-one there to hear it does it make a sound??

Ohhhhh c'mon Jarmo...Do you really believe that GNR write and record songs to fulfill their own artistic need to make songs and that purpose alone?? Do you REALLY believe they spent millions of dollars to create paintings they never intended to hang on a wall??

Do you really believe that Bumble, Bucket, Robin etc etc were intending to spend years at a time to write and record and re-record and re-record music so Axl could feel a personal sense of release and never have anyone hear the music??

No offence but for fucks sake that's stupid.

'Used once and destroyed'Huh How is releasing a song that remains forever 'used once'Huh  Whats the point in self expression if you don't EXPRESS it??

Sorry Jarmo the sky is blue. no matter how many times you try and tell us it's green we have eyes. Agree to disagree, but Its a little sad that you can't see it or at least admit it's possible.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1761 on: September 30, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »

Create doesn't equal release.

There's been examples of songs being created and recorded in the past that were never officially released...

There's also the aspect of creating something meaningful enough for yourself that you don't want it to be treated as some product that is supposed to be used once and destroyed.
Meaning, you can spend X amount of time writing songs and recording them, but you don't want to release them until you feel comfortable with the situation and the people involved.

There's no one rule that fits all artists. Some pay more attention to certain details than others.

/jarmo

I dunno.  Even if you're right, the fact that Axl has a finished album that he's not releasing because he has too much integrity just to release it however the label allows is still, from a fan standpoint, utterly depressing.  The record industry have always been a bunch of vipers.  Thing is, the internet has made it difficult to dump money all over a release, especially what is essentially a classic rock album.  But, he's contracted to them.

So, his solution is taking the ball and going home.  Well, that sucks for the fans.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1762 on: September 30, 2013, 01:09:32 PM »

I dunno.  Even if you're right, the fact that Axl has a finished album that he's not releasing because he has too much integrity just to release it however the label allows is still, from a fan standpoint, utterly depressing.  The record industry have always been a bunch of vipers.  Thing is, the internet has made it difficult to dump money all over a release, especially what is essentially a classic rock album.  But, he's contracted to them.

So, his solution is taking the ball and going home.  Well, that sucks for the fans.

See, I don't view it as taking his ball and going home.

I view it as wanting to know the rules of the game before he's willing to play.

And if those rules are ridiculous, slanted against him, or will depict his "play"...by their very nature...in a negative light, then, again, he's not willing to play until/unless the rules are made less biased.

I get some of the frustration, but you all have to "get" that this isn't just art. It's not just creation.  It's also business.  And sometimes business just...well...it sucks.  But you can't give in, sell your soul, deplete your brand, or harm your product just because the consumer is clamoring for "something".

That's not fair to you (as an artist OR a businessperson/owner) and, ultimately, it's not fair to the fans/consumers, either.

I'm not going to sit here and say it's ALL the labels fault.  I don't know. But from what we've heard...from band members themselves (and from Axl, specifically)...you have to think they are at least partially involved in some of the behind the scenes "issues".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1763 on: September 30, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »

Create doesn't equal release.

There's been examples of songs being created and recorded in the past that were never officially released...

There's also the aspect of creating something meaningful enough for yourself that you don't want it to be treated as some product that is supposed to be used once and destroyed.
Meaning, you can spend X amount of time writing songs and recording them, but you don't want to release them until you feel comfortable with the situation and the people involved.

Anyway I'm kind of sick of being so negative so i'll just watch for a while. I guess i find the level of rah rah everything's great and if you disagree you aren't a real fan mentality a bit hard to swallow.

/jarmo

Yes the brilliant solution is to fuck himself over and his band over, fuck his fans over and fuck his record company over. Genius, everyone loses.

Unless the stuff recorded isn't as good as claimed.  If you never release it you can always claim it's great though I guess....hence my initial analogy about writing a literary masterpiece.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1764 on: September 30, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »

Ohhhhh c'mon Jarmo...Do you really believe that GNR write and record songs to fulfill their own artistic need to make songs and that purpose alone?? Do you REALLY believe they spent millions of dollars to create paintings they never intended to hang on a wall??

Except..artists do exactly that.  Di Vinci spent MONTHS on paintings...and never finished them.  Spent MONTHS on paintings, then reused the canvas for "something else".  Spent YEARS on architectural designs that would never be built.

And he's hardly the only one.  

Your implication is that the only reason to create art is to commercially benefit from it.  There are lots of people who create art with no intention to ever sell it, or circulate it.  How much they spend on that process is directly related to their economic status..but I know, personally, people who have created, stocked, and installed "artistic spaces" (painting studios, recording studios, etc) in their homes just to create for their own enjoyment.  

So..do I think (and I know, you asked jarmo) that GnR did it with that intent? No, probably not.  But would they be satisfied with that ultimate outcome?  They very well might be....

'Used once and destroyed'Huh How is releasing a song that remains forever 'used once'Huh  Whats the point in self expression if you don't EXPRESS it??

Sorry Jarmo the sky is blue. no matter how many times you try and tell us it's green we have eyes. Agree to disagree, but Its a little sad that you can't see it or at least admit it's possible.

Because the act of creation, itself, can be catharsis.  Self expression can be expressed literally to ONE'S SELF (or, maybe, a very small immediate group), and be just as cathartic.  I'm not sure why you think art has to be widely shared to have the artists desired effect.  I can assure you..it doesn't.  And there are lots of examples of just that.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1765 on: September 30, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »

Yes the brilliant solution is to fuck himself over and his band over, fuck his fans over and fuck his record company over. Genius, everyone loses.

I'm not sure how he's fucking anyone over (except the label), unless you're of the mind he "owes" a product to the fans.

He's obviously OK with not releasing anything, at least given the terms provided to him.  So he's emotionally set, and...lets face it...he seems to be economically set.

His band, by all accounts, was paid for their work...whether it's released or not.  If they're NOT OK with that, they can certainly make that known..but only Bucket has quit over it, all things considered. 

His fans have material they can consume, right now, and he doesn't "owe" them anything new.  Sure, they'd like to have new material..but I would have liked the Beatles to reunite, too.  And I'd like Pink Floyd to mount a respectable world tour again.  But I'm not being fucked over when those things don't/didn't happen.

Unless the stuff recorded isn't as good as claimed.  If you never release it you can always claim it's great though I guess....hence my initial analogy about writing a literary masterpiece.

I guess that's possible.  And I guess you can choose to think it's the most likely possibility.  As long as you also acknowledge there are OTHER possibilities, equally as likely.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:29:01 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1766 on: September 30, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »

Except..artists do exactly that.  Di Vinci spent MONTHS on paintings...and never finished them.  Spent MONTHS on paintings, then reused the canvas for "something else".  Spent YEARS on architectural designs that would never be built.

And he's hardly the only one.  

Your implication is that the only reason to create art is to commercially benefit from it.  There are lots of people who create art with no intention to ever sell it, or circulate it.  How much they spend on that process is directly related to their economic status..but I know, personally, people who have created, stocked, and installed "artistic spaces" (painting studios, recording studios, etc) in their homes just to create for their own enjoyment.  

So..do I think (and I know, you asked jarmo) that GnR did it with that intent? No, probably not.  But would they be satisfied with that ultimate outcome?  They very well might be....

Because the act of creation, itself, can be catharsis.  Self expression can be expressed literally to ONE'S SELF (or, maybe, a very small immediate group), and be just as cathartic.  I'm not sure why you think art has to be widely shared to have the artists desired effect.  I can assure you..it doesn't.  And there are lots of examples of just that.

Very good reply and an intelligent one. Thanks you make some good points.

But to compare Axl with Da Vinci is a bit of a stretch. Axl was in a productive relationship with his former band and the body of work that made him known is with those other artists. He made claims that they were holding him back artistically and that they were dysfunctional so he needed to take control. Then he claimed to have created a body of art and specifically stated that his intention was to release it. In the end it appears he is the least capable of the entire original band capable of 'function'.

Additionally as an INDIVIDUAL you have more right to withhold the fruits of your labor. Axl isn't an individual he is in a  BAND. If it isn't a BAND then why is it GNR and not AXL??

it's funny how GNR is a BAND when it suits the argument and then when it suits the argument GNR is  AXL's baby that he doesn't have to release music if it suits his personal 'artistic' need.....which is it. Is this a band or a solo project??

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1767 on: September 30, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »

I'm not sure how he's fucking anyone over (except the label), unless you're of the mind he "owes" a product to the fans.

He's obviously OK with not releasing anything, at least given the terms provided to him.  So he's emotionally set, and...lets face it...he seems to be economically set.

Ok HE is...is this a solo project or a BAND?? If so then what about the other guys??

His band, by all accounts, was paid for their work...whether it's released or not.  If they're NOT OK with that, they can certainly make that known..but only Bucket has quit over it, all things considered. 

His fans have material they can consume, right now, and he doesn't "owe" them anything new.  Sure, they'd like to have new material..but I would have liked the Beatles to reunite, too.  And I'd like Pink Floyd to mount a respectable world tour again.  But I'm not being fucked over when those things don't/didn't happen.

I guess that's possible.  And I guess you can choose to think it's the most likely possibility.  As long as you also acknowledge there are OTHER possibilities, equally as likely.

You really think he's not fucking his band over??  you don't think band members have expressed frustration. You don't think some band members with no real alternative financially may just decide to remain quiet and stay on the gravy train?
You really think he said 'round One' and talked boastfully about creating a new vision, slaggin his former band-mates about holding him back artistically , mentioning releasing an album a year etc etc ect and not fucking people over?Huh

Why did Robin leave?? As the the rest I can only assume it's money. It clearly CAN'T be creative release.

Ok HE is...is this a solo project or a BAND?? If so then what about the other guys??
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:41:10 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1768 on: September 30, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »

Very good reply and an intelligent one. Thanks you make some good points.

But to compare Axl with Da Vinci is a bit of a stretch. Axl was in a productive relationship with his former band and the body of work that made him known is with those other artists. He made claims that they were holding him back artistically and that they were dysfunctional so he needed to take control. Then he claimed to have created a body of art and specifically stated that his intention was to release it. In the end it appears he is the least capable of the entire original band capable of 'function'.

Da Vinci had multiple patrons, and inspirations, during his lifetime. He took on multiple commissions, promising their delivery, that he never finished.

He's also not the only artist to not deliver a promised work.  Warhol was also famous for this, as were other artists throughout history.

It's not such a stretch, nor do you have to look very far to see comparable examples...both ancient and modern.

I've never heard Axl say that the old band was holding him back artistically.  I've heard him say they had different artistic visions..but he was willing to work through those (UYI is a good example, and his interview where he says that he, ultimately, was willing to do a "Slash" album, next is another).  The dysfunction though...that was the killer.  But I'm not sure you "sentence" an artist to work in an environment where he's unhappy simply because there would be a commercial demand for that product.  That's what you do in business, sometimes...which is a radically different discussion/direction.

As for Axl being the least capable of that function...I would offer it's just as likely that he's the least interested in commercializing his art.  He seems to be the most financially set.

And, while the others have released material...I think we'd all agree there has certainly been some compromise on quality with that material.  Certainly it all pales in relation to AFD and UYI.  I'm not sure it's an apt comparison of function just because there has been more quantity.  I suspect there are different motivations and goals for the varying former members which drive them to be more prolific.

Not exactly fair to hold Axl to those motivations and goals, since they are not likely his own.....

Additionally as an INDIVIDUAL you have more right to withhold the fruits of your labor. Axl isn't an individual he is in a  BAND. If it isn't a BAND then why is it GNR and not AXL??

it's funny how GNR is a BAND when it suits the argument and then when it suits the argument GNR is  AXL's baby that he doesn't have to release music if it suits his personal 'artistic' need.....which is it. Is this a band or a solo project??

Couple things:

1) I have, and always will.....tell you Axl is in control of GnR as a business entity, and has a majority influence on creative direction, because that's my opinion.  I can't (and won't) speak for other posters.  Nor do I speak AS other posters...just as me.  My voice will always communicate that message, so...if you take issues with others flip flopping to suit their argument...take it to them.  I don't view it as a solo project, but I do view it as Axl having the majority vote/stake.  My view has always been "beneveolent dictatorship"...but that's just me.

2) I haven't heard any band members, lately, clamoring for release of the current material.  They all seem pretty content to let Axl drive the boat (or bus, as the case may be).  If the current membership is OK with it..so am I. And if they're not...I support them saying so, and, potentially, leaving the band.  Bucket, admittedly, left because the material was taking too long to release...and I wholeheartedly support his decision to leave if he wasn't happy.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1769 on: September 30, 2013, 01:52:57 PM »

You really think he's not fucking his band over??  you don't think band members have expressed frustration. You don't think some band members with no real alternative financially may just decide to remain quiet and stay on the gravy train?

I have no evidence to make me think it.

Do you?

Point to it?

You really think he said 'round One' and talked boastfully about creating a new vision, slaggin his former band-mates about holding him back artistically , mentioning releasing an album a year etc etc ect and not fucking people over?Huh

Nope.  Because, as an artist, he owes nothing to nobody.  I'm sure, at the time, those statements reflected his intent.

Then, things changed.

I don't equate being disappointed, or wanting more from an artist, with being fucked over.  That's reserved for people who rob me, cheat me, or otherwise cause me some type of quantifiable harm.

I didn't pay Axl, or GnR, for anything which they have not delivered.  Did you?

Why did Robin leave?? As the the rest I can only assume it's money. It clearly CAN'T be creative release.

Not because he wasn't being paid.  Or because they weren't releasing material.

Because he saw an opportunity to increase his pay, tour, and create with a former band...and didn't want to leave GnR waiting on his return.

That's what he said, isn't it?

It was actually, IMHO, a stand up way to handle it rather than say "Hey, Axl, I'm going on the road for like...18 months or so with NIN.  Just sit back and wait on me, eh? Thanks".

I was addressing each salient point you made, in order.

You said he was fucking himself over..that was my response to THAT point.  I addressed the band stuff separately.....

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1770 on: September 30, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »

Ok give me one example of a situation where a band has claimed to have recorded multiple albums but failed to release  them?? I know you said 'songs' but that's a lame argument. of course bands record songs that they don't release. it;'s usually because those songs aren't up to scratch. that's the entire point. You can claim all you want that you have a bunch of great material but unless you release it then it's all talk.

There's been many cases in history where a band or artist has recorded an album and then either started from scratch, or just released it way later.

Prince had a famous black album that he didn't release until years later.
It's not unheard of at all....

I think Axl creates art on his terms and he doesn't release it just to please the record company or do whatever he's told to just because it's "the best" thing to do. Unless he agrees on it.

He's not gonna release albums every 18 months even if that was the "best" thing to do from a marketing point of view. He'll release them when he thinks they are done.Nothing has changed! And yet people still act like this is news.

Do you really believe that Bumble, Bucket, Robin etc etc were intending to spend years at a time to write and record and re-record and re-record music so Axl could feel a personal sense of release and never have anyone hear the music??

No, but I do suspect they have a better understanding of the process than most posters on the Internet....

The fact is, people today seem to be more about now. I want this now, then moments later it's "what else do you have for me?". Axl was asked about the NEXT album weeks after he released the album these same people claimed they "needed" for years.... Ironic.

I won't admit something I don't agree with. Simple as that.

We're not arguing about the sky being blue. We're arguing about whether or not the clouds are always white or if they might be other colors as well....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1771 on: September 30, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »

2) I haven't heard any band members, lately, clamoring for release of the current material.  They all seem pretty content to let Axl drive the boat (or bus, as the case may be).  If the current membership is OK with it..so am I. And if they're not...I support them saying so, and, potentially, leaving the band.  Bucket, admittedly, left because the material was taking too long to release...and I wholeheartedly support his decision to leave if he wasn't happy.

They are beaten down.

What other major band has its members speak and treat questions about what they up to with laughter?  And not healthy laughter either.  That sort of eye rolling, "beats me, ask our insane leader" type stuff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1772 on: September 30, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »

They are beaten down.

What other major band has its members speak and treat questions about what they up to with laughter?  And not healthy laughter either.  That sort of eye rolling, "beats me, ask our insane leader" type stuff.

Evidence..and laughing hardly counts?

Or supposition?

If they are that unhappy...nobody is chaining them to the stage and forcing them to be members of the band....

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1773 on: September 30, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »

If they are that unhappy...nobody is chaining them to the stage and forcing them to be members of the band....

I think its amazing they stick around, to be honest.

You spend all those years working on this thing, all for the hope of the big payoff.  Then Axl drops it and does no promotion of the work itself.  Nor any serious interviews where he so much as mentions his new band, let alone put them over and talk them up.  And since none of them are allowed to speak freely (either by decree, or because they truly have no idea what is happening in their own band) they can't do it for themselves either.  The majority of this country could not even tell you who is in this band, even now.  That's not right.

A big topic around here is what fans are "owed".  But if people were "owed", it was the other band members.  And I think falling back on the fact that simply because they don't take to the rooftops and shout about it being bullshit, that doesn't mean they don't resent it, or that it was right.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:30:52 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1774 on: September 30, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »

You spend all those years working on this thing, all for the hope of the big payoff.  Then Axl drops it and does no promotion of the work itself.  Nor any serious interviews where he so much as mentions his new band, let alone put them over and talk them up.  And since none of them are allowed to speak freely (either by decree, or because they truly have no idea what is happening in their own band) they can't do it for themselves either.  The majority of this country could not even tell you who is in this band, even now.  That's not right.

A big topic around here is what fans are "owed".  But if people were "owed", it was the other band members.  And I think falling back on the fact that simply because they don't take to the rooftops and shout about it being bullshit, that doesn't mean they don't resent it, or that it was right.

It's only not right if the members think its not right.

Not if fans think that membership should think its not right.

And,so far, the current membership doesn't seem to mind the direction, productivity, or creative throughput.  At least, there is no evidence they do.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1775 on: September 30, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »

And,so far, the current membership doesn't seem to mind the direction, productivity, or creative throughput.  At least, there is no evidence they do.

Yeah, I know that's the talking point at this board.  Table that for a moment.

What do you, personally, think about all of that?  And don't tell me that it doesn't matter what you think.  It matters to me, because that's what I'm asking.  What's your take on that situation?

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1776 on: September 30, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »

He has done interviews where he mentions the new band.  What is serious and what is not is subjective, but to say he hasn't mentioned the new band in interviews is not accurate at all.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2012/10/30/axl-rose-exclusive-interview-gnr-vegas-residency/1669311/

After GNR's mid-'90s implosion, Rose, the sole original member and legal owner of the band's name, worked with fluctuating lineups and says he's now satisfied with the current team: guitarists DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer.

"They have my back, as friends and caring about everyone's well-being and livelihood, not just their own careers," says Rose, 50. "I feel good about their creativity. This lineup has been coming together more and more."

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/21/entertainment/la-et-12-20-axl-rose-interview-20111221/2

And these guys have been here a long time, whether the public knows it or not because we haven?t done the media like that. Tommy?s been on 14 years, Richard?s going on 11. That?s as long as Duff was in the band. Chris has been in going on 11, Dizzy?s on since "Illusion," Frank?s going on six, and so?s Bumble. These guys have been here. And DJ?s going on three.

Plus, we can have our differences, and everybody in the band can be like, ?I don?t understand that guy? and point at one of us, you know? But at the same time, we get along. I don?t have to tell these guys what to do onstage. I can suggest something at times, but that?s very little.

Additionally, he had BBF with him when he did Jimmy Kimmel's show.

I will add that as someone who went to the Vegas Residency, there was prominent promotion that showcased the current band, including memorabilia from the current lineup displayed in the hotel and a giant full band picture with the name of each band member below their image.

Granted, that is something that could've been done sooner, but I think in the last couple of years, there has been a concerted effort to promote the band.

As far as who is owed what, certainly, it's the band and not us.  I agree with you on that.  But, as far as whether or not they are angry about how things turned out, only they know for sure.  They certainly could be and it would be understandable.  They may also know more of what has gone on behind the scenes than we realize.  Perhaps that guides and helps form their opinions.  It reminds of this quote from Axl from the 2009 Billboard interview:

I can say how the band feels, and that is that to a man they hate the record company other than Universal International with a passion. And that's with me talking with them about the record company negatively hardly ever, if at all. They're not blind: They hear the talk and see the results. Our involvement with Interscope has been more than frustrating for them. It's not like anyone here wants to have any negative views, impressions or opinions. They don't go around bitching about things all the time and they don't let it get in the way of whatever they're supposed to do here, but it is what it is.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=169

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1777 on: September 30, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »

Yeah, I know that's the talking point at this board.  Table that for a moment.

What do you, personally, think about all of that?  And don't tell me that it doesn't matter what you think.  It matters to me, because that's what I'm asking.  What's your take on that situation?

It's not a talking point, at least for me. It's just the truth...

On what situation, exactly?

The band?

My take is they are ok with it all, and along for the ride. And each one probably has different reasons for why that is...

On the lack of material?

I would love to see more, am disappointed we havent seen more, but understand why we might not not see more.

I don't feel abused, fucked over, or otherwise betrayed in any way.

And I've been a fan since 87, when my uncle sent me a bootleg of live like a suicide while he was living in LA. That's closing in on 27 years.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:39:23 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1778 on: September 30, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »

And I've been a fan since 87, when my uncle sent me a bootleg of live like a suicide while he was living in LA. That's closing in on 27 years.

Yeah, we're all lifelong fans.  And if we've stuck around this long, we likely always will be.

But sweet jesus, why is everyone around here so terrified to offer a critical word?  Even something benign.  I can't understand why the powers that be don't allow a bunch of conversation how its not GNR without Slash.  That's not what I mean by being critical.

But to so much as suggest that you, personally, think something was mishandled, you are lectured at best, and called some needy overbearing asshole at worst.  We are all just fans talking on the internet, aren't we?  What's the harm in a little objectivity from time to time?  Everyone walks on eggshells around here. 

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1779 on: October 01, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »

Yeah, we're all lifelong fans.  And if we've stuck around this long, we likely always will be.

But sweet jesus, why is everyone around here so terrified to offer a critical word?  Even something benign.  I can't understand why the powers that be don't allow a bunch of conversation how its not GNR without Slash.  That's not what I mean by being critical.

But to so much as suggest that you, personally, think something was mishandled, you are lectured at best, and called some needy overbearing asshole at worst.  We are all just fans talking on the internet, aren't we?  What's the harm in a little objectivity from time to time?  Everyone walks on eggshells around here. 
It's not about everyone around here being terrified to offer a critical word.  It's about people like you wanting GNR to be something it's not or something it hasn't been in a very very very long time.

So you don't like the way Axl handles his career-life choices yet you say you'll likely always stick around ..... and you think he's the one with the issues??

Look at any advertisement for a current band member's solo gigs and you'll see their association with GNR very prominently displayed and I'd bet most of the fans in attendance are wearing something with the GNR logo.  And it ain't like the ex-gunners fell off the face of the earth.  They're all out there doing their own thing with, yes, their GNR association very prominently displayed and most of the fans in attendance wearing something with the GNR logo.  And it's not like you can't find a current or former GNR band member playing GNR songs in some of their solo gig sets. Even if they don't play a GNR song, they're still themselves and their playing style is there no matter what they're playing.

You don't like the way admin handles this site yet here you are.  Like you said, it's the internet!  world wide web and all that happy happy horseshit.  Check out the "BUY Product" section on this site.  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=7.0   There are so many other GNR fan-sites out there. 

No need for anyone to walk on eggshells.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: