Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681558 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1720 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:38 AM »

The question was, why would GN'R release the old songs. Because they're probably great and should be heard?

By now the question is when. If they actually have a bunch of 'older finished tracks' why not just release them? It's been almost 5 years. I actually don't believe there are 'older finished tracks'. Maybe there are 'older unfinished tracks': instrumental tracks waiting for melodies and lyrics.

I think it's a matter of everybody involved "agreeing".

It's not enough to have a bunch of finished songs. You have to make an agreement with the record company, just like it's not enough for the record company to say "release these songs now".

If you were an artist who had worked on something that you believed in, would you just hand it over to be released without any kind of agreement and how it was handled?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1721 on: August 01, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »

Of course it's a good idea to release "old" songs! Is this an unreleased song? http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9873393&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1722 on: August 01, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »

If you were an artist who had worked on something that you believed in, would you just hand it over to be released without any kind of agreement and how it was handled?

Not sure I'd go for the scorched earth policy where nothing actually comes to fruition though.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1723 on: August 01, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »

It says Scraped.

Not sure I'd go for the scorched earth policy where nothing actually comes to fruition though.

I don't know what's going on, but I refuse to think it's one simple reason.

A lot of so called fans are pointing fingers at the band. It's easy to do. And very convenient because no one is gonna call you can asskisser when you're constantly attacking your "favorite" band.

When nobody says anything, they keep going on and on about it. Then when somebody like Axl speaks, his explanation is labeled as lies and bullshit excuses. So no matter what he does, these people keep judging and pointing fingers.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1724 on: August 01, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »

I do agree that there's an obvious impasse between Axl and the label that's holding up the release of the other finished tracks.  My guess is after the labels near non-involvement during the release of Chinese, as well as the apparent mishandling of the re-release has Axl not too keen on simply handing over the rest of the music for them to once again mishandle, at least not without some agreed upon marketing plan that leaves both parties satisfied.

Problem is, how much label involvement and marketing is realistic in 2013 for what is essentially a new hard rock album?  I honestly do not know.  I just hope they can come to terms soon, since in the end, it's the fans who suffer from the lack of new music. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:43:37 PM by sofine11 » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1725 on: August 01, 2013, 12:39:33 PM »

is that true that a new LP was proposed to the label in 2010 but was kinda rejected because the label thought it could be better?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1726 on: August 01, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »

is that true that a new LP was proposed to the label in 2010 but was kinda rejected because the label thought it could be better?

I highly, highly doubt that's the case.  Pretty sure GNR spent 2010 and early 2011 still trying to figure out how to properly re-release Chinese Democracy.

I would wager that if Axl came to the label and said, "Alright, let's put out the next record.", they'd eat it up.  It's a record they already paid for now just need to market and release. 
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #1727 on: August 01, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »

Oh....that doesn't look well for my reputation when it comes to "researching"  Tongue

FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #1728 on: August 15, 2013, 12:06:29 AM »

hey Jarmo,

As a fan... do you ever ask the same questions most of us ask in relation to tours, recording, new albums and what not directly to Axl?

If you dont, is it because you dont think its appropriate or you have been asked not to??

If you do, do you think given your the founder of this board that Axl gives you a somewhat censored answer?

I heard back in the day that Axl was all about confidentiality agreements and whatnot.

If you have never asked these things I commend you as it must take a shit load of restraint lol.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1729 on: August 15, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »

As with any conversation with anybody, they tend to go wherever they go. Bringing some topic up at one time might seem like a bad idea, but another time it comes natural.

Making plans on what you want to talk about with someone next time you see them seems more like an interview than a spontaneous conversation.  hihi

I don't think anybody I've spoken to censors their answers on any topic.

/jarmo

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1730 on: August 16, 2013, 03:53:23 AM »

I wonder if we will ever know more about what happened within the band between 1997 and 2005?. It's something that we all must wonder about, and it really is thought provoking. What Axl should consider lucky, is that virtually everyone who was involved are too genuine and nice characters to maliciously "kiss and tell".  Wink
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1731 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:30 PM »

Thought this remix of Silkworms sounds fucking amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyShe4Fgv2s

Has lots of Axl's vocals mixed in from God knows where but it works. If the actual version is like this then sign me up for a whole album NOW
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1732 on: August 17, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »

Thought this remix of Silkworms sounds fucking amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyShe4Fgv2s

Has lots of Axl's vocals mixed in from God knows where but it works. If the actual version is like this then sign me up for a whole album NOW

that is fan made
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1733 on: August 17, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »

Yes I figured it was and I know it's a remixof the Rio performance. Even then it sounds great to me. I reckon if they had have released an album of electonic hard rock when they still had a buzz going back in the early 2000's it would have been huge. Oh well. This band defines "If only".
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1734 on: September 26, 2013, 04:50:01 PM »

The fact that this thread hasn't been touched in so long is sad.  Is there a chance we may never hear The General & Soul Monster?  no
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1735 on: September 26, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »

The fact that this thread hasn't been touched in so long is sad.  Is there a chance we may never hear The General & Soul Monster?  no

They were touring just a few months ago.

When was the last Tool album again? How long between The Downward Spiral and The Fragile from NIN? How long between albums from Aerosmith, Jane's Addiction, etc?

If the band takes a year off right now - so what? It hasn't been that long since they were touring.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #1736 on: September 26, 2013, 05:18:43 PM »

When was the last Tool album again? How long between The Downward Spiral and The Fragile from NIN? How long between albums from Aerosmith, Jane's Addiction, etc?

If the band takes a year off right now - so what? It hasn't been that long since they were touring.

You have a point. We all want new music, and the fact that we know there's finished songs out there makes the urge a little more intense. But they have lives on top of it too, so...these last few years with a very active Guns may have changed the mindset of us fans, you know, give the little finger and loose the whole arm....

Still, I hope maybe things will happen quickly when they first decide to announce anything regarding new music 👻

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1737 on: September 26, 2013, 05:51:51 PM »

The aforementioned bands didn't have a (more or less) finished album collecting dust during their time off...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1738 on: September 26, 2013, 11:41:28 PM »

Bull!  When people on here start bringing up how other bands do things certain ways, some are SO quick to say how GNR aren't like other bands.  So don't do it now.  Don't make some excuse about how "other bands" aren't releasing things either.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #1739 on: September 27, 2013, 01:12:12 AM »

Bull!  When people on here start bringing up how other bands do things certain ways, some are SO quick to say how GNR aren't like other bands.  So don't do it now.  Don't make some excuse about how "other bands" aren't releasing things either.   

Hehe, thats some argument:

1. Some other people says gnr aint like other bands
2. Kyrie compare gnr with other bands👍

=kyrie shouldn't be allowed to compare gnr with other bands

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: