Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:32:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681451 times)
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #1680 on: July 10, 2013, 10:06:39 AM »

Does a record company make money when a bands tours? I would guess they do.

Maybe keeping Guns on the road suits everybody's bank balances at this point. There are only a handful of bands that can fill an arena, Guns are still one of them.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1681 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »

I don't think they usually make money on ticket and/or merchandise sales.

I think their basic idea was to sell the music, which the artist would promote by touring, making videos, doing interviews and so on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1682 on: July 10, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »

Maybe keeping Guns on the road suits everybody's bank balances at this point. There are only a handful of bands that can fill an arena, Guns are still one of them.

Not generally, no.

They might make ancillary money through increased album sales, or they might make money if they are sponsoring or acting as promoter for a tour (not usually the case FYI).

Usually touring is the way the artist makes the bulk of their money. 

The label makes theirs via album/music sales.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1683 on: July 10, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »

Especially nowadays touring is the artist bread and butter.  People are ripping music or just listening off of Yotube or other digital methods.  To the casual fan, they don't reward the artist when they can just punch up a song on YouTube and listen for free.  I am not saying it is right - just being realistic. 
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1684 on: July 11, 2013, 03:06:57 AM »

I don't think they usually make money on ticket and/or merchandise sales.

Some companies now offer artists 360? deals which include all aspects of one artist's carreer though. Madonna has one such contract. But I don't think that's GnR's case.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1685 on: July 11, 2013, 04:04:42 AM »

Yes, but no matter how much we all love Guns touring, I still feel that there needs to be a direction in terms of concept and albums. Before CD came out we always knew that they was working towards that final product when they toured in the last decade. Now it's been 5 years since the release and Guns have now started to take Chinese Democracy songs from the setlist in favour of making the set more reflective of the bands legacy, rather than strongly promoting CD alone... So, where do we go from here?, keep on touring small venues playing just as much (if not more) appetite and Illusion songs than Chinese Democracy?. No, a new direction is needed or at least a rebirth of the saga of the 2000's where GN'R was ALL about change and a new vibe.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1686 on: July 11, 2013, 02:05:29 PM »

Yes, but no matter how much we all love Guns touring, I still feel that there needs to be a direction in terms of concept and albums. Before CD came out we always knew that they was working towards that final product when they toured in the last decade. Now it's been 5 years since the release and Guns have now started to take Chinese Democracy songs from the setlist in favour of making the set more reflective of the bands legacy, rather than strongly promoting CD alone... So, where do we go from here?, keep on touring small venues playing just as much (if not more) appetite and Illusion songs than Chinese Democracy?. No, a new direction is needed or at least a rebirth of the saga of the 2000's where GN'R was ALL about change and a new vibe.
+1  ok
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1687 on: July 11, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »

Considering the amount of shows that have taken place in the past few years... it really is kinda surprising and almost dumbfounding how they have not introduced one of the "new" songs that have been recorded a decade ago that i suppose will make up the next album if it is ever released

It would make a lot of people around here really happy...

but who knows

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1688 on: July 11, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »

As usual, there's two sides to most things... They played a bunch of songs live before Chinese Democracy was released, and it was great. But then you get people asking "when is it released" and/or saying things like "____ version was better than the released version".

So maybe the band isn't doing that again until the material is ready for release?

Less questions that way...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1689 on: July 11, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »

As usual, there's two sides to most things... They played a bunch of songs live before Chinese Democracy was released, and it was great. But then you get people asking "when is it released" and/or saying things like "____ version was better than the released version".

So maybe the band isn't doing that again until the material is ready for release?

/jarmo

This certainly could be their thinking... its not unreasonable

I just think there the positive certainly outweighs the negative

Putting it out there for people to enjoy, it would erase certain criticisms..and lets face it there are a lot of people out there who have now seen a very similar show multiple times like myself (10 times)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
gmGnR2
Opening Act

« Reply #1690 on: July 14, 2013, 03:33:32 AM »

/jarmo

I can't remember for sure, but before CD came out, weren't they playing live only the leaked songs? I feel they only played them because a lot of us already had those songs anyway (the "downloading motherfuckers" comment from '06).
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1691 on: July 14, 2013, 04:34:44 AM »

/jarmo
I can't remember for sure, but before CD came out, weren't they playing live only the leaked songs? I feel they only played them because a lot of us already had those songs anyway (the "downloading motherfuckers" comment from '06).
i dont think anything got leaked before rir 2001
i dont remember there being a studio the blues, madagascar, chinese democracy or riad leak

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1692 on: July 14, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »

This isn't 1991.  You play a new song live, everyone downloads a free mp3 and there is less of a demand to purchase the song.  It doesn't make any sense. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1693 on: July 14, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »

/jarmo

Not only. As people pointed out they played songs before that in 2001 and 2002.

Yes, they played some of those songs that had leaked in 2006 and 2007. And look what happened. You got people whining that the album version doesn't sound like the earlier versions.

/jarmo

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1694 on: July 15, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »

"The more new songs we play,the more bootleg albums we sell"
                                                  -Axl
                                       June 1991 Nassau Colliseum.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #1695 on: July 16, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »

I've read on some shady website that 'the general' was used as an intro a couple of days ago. Is there any truth in this?

LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #1696 on: July 16, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

I've read on some shady website that 'the general' was used as an intro a couple of days ago. Is there any truth in this?
Yes, they've been using it for many years, but is just a instrumental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnS6LJET7jM
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #1697 on: July 16, 2013, 03:38:39 PM »

Oh lol, I've heard that live tons of times. I never knew this was 'the general'

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1698 on: July 17, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »

"The more new songs we play,the more bootleg albums we sell"
                                                  -Axl
                                       June 1991 Nassau Colliseum.

Back when crappy quality bootlegs were going for 30-50 bucks, and the fans were being ripped off. The band members and people who worked for the band would go into record shops and see it for themselves. People freely share what they record unless they're hoarders. Bootlegging still exists, but as a black market industry where money's being made, it's dead.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1699 on: July 17, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »

yep...i bought the rock in rio 1991 show on vhs for $50....got estranged, pretty tied up, etc....was awesome.  beer

different beast now.  Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: