Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:32:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681454 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1660 on: July 05, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »

Angry? Good one!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1661 on: July 05, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »

What would you like to see released jarmo, out if interest?

Do you think Chinese should be re released with the correct booklet and a few bonus tracks, or would you prefer a totally new album with 10-14 unreleased tracks?

For me I would love to have lots of new tracks, but at the same time I think that it would be great to see Chinese released as it really should have been.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #1662 on: July 05, 2013, 07:01:27 PM »

I'd love to see some tracks or a new album come out. Even an EP would be great. I think at some point in time all the old albums need to be released again in anniversary edition with outtakes, live tracks, demos, and be remastered. Remastering could be done correctly like the Doors or CCR have been. Even Led Zep is getting ready for it again with the technology we have now. GNR deserves the same. You could do something like that to hype up a new album or release too. Build buzz and reach old audiences and new ones in addition to all of us.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1663 on: July 05, 2013, 07:50:24 PM »

Everything.  Wink

Imagine GN'R releasing so much stuff that the usual whiners would be posting about GN'R "selling out" and releasing material as a "cash grab".  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1664 on: July 05, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

Everything.  Wink

Imagine GN'R releasing so much stuff that the usual whiners would be posting about GN'R "selling out" and releasing material as a "cash grab".  rofl

/jarmo

lol any option is always followed with negative notions by some.  The aim should not to please the whiners but rather to please the band and the true fans of such band. 

There will always be negativity around any band, but for those that enjoy them we don't let it bother us so much, it is too bad for some that they miss out on this thing.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1665 on: July 06, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »

Jarmo, now that would be something!

Would be a nice middle finger to the trolls, and as another bonus it means I could die a happy man Smiley

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1666 on: July 06, 2013, 01:13:32 PM »

Everything.  Wink

/jarmo

I'm sure a lot of us have fantasised about this scenario, especially during the recording of CD. One, two, three I seem to remember one quote of 'four albums of material'.

The problem is that's what its turned out to be, just a fantasy.

Isn't there some billionaire GNR fan out there who could just buy it all and release it to us mere mortals for the sake of art?

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1667 on: July 06, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »

It's no fantasy that they recorded more tracks than what was on Chinese Democracy..... We know that. Several members have talked about it in interviews.

/jarmo

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1668 on: July 06, 2013, 10:08:11 PM »

Everything.  Wink

/jarmo

lol any option is always followed with negative notions by some.  The aim should not to please the whiners but rather to please the band and the true fans of such band. 

There will always be negativity around any band, but for those that enjoy them we don't let it bother us so much, it is too bad for some that they miss out on this thing.

Definately agree Guns Guy.   Too bad there are not more fans like the ones found right here.  Some GNR fans are negative and they force real fans to have a negative cloud around them.  Axl is a professional who has been around a loooong time and he knows what he is doing.   My son said earlier today "Dad, can we go to the Canada shows if I do my chores?"  Lol that may be worth a years chores!
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #1669 on: July 07, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »

Everything.  Wink

/jarmo

I'm sure a lot of us have fantasised about this scenario, especially during the recording of CD. One, two, three I seem to remember one quote of 'four albums of material'.

The problem is that's what its turned out to be, just a fantasy.

Isn't there some billionaire GNR fan out there who could just buy it all and release it to us mere mortals for the sake of art?

Maybe Ah'nold can get them on the next terminator soundtrack.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1670 on: July 08, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »

It's no fantasy that they recorded more tracks than what was on Chinese Democracy..... We know that. Several members have talked about it in interviews.

/jarmo
Exactly, and this is why I keep on saying that the next album will most likely be CD era tracks rather than new music from THIS line-up. Songs that Robin, Bucket and Brain recorded with maybe some additions by the current guys, but the bones of the material will be from the Chinese Democracy saga. I don't see any evidence that strongly suggests anything otherwise to be fair.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1671 on: July 08, 2013, 05:13:15 AM »

/jarmo

My thought is that perhaps most of the extra material recorded for CD is only instrumental tracks awaiting vocals, and not finished tracks.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1672 on: July 08, 2013, 06:43:32 AM »

I am gonna bet you are QUITE wrong....... ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gmGnR2
Opening Act

« Reply #1673 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »

Considering this is a forum (def: A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged). It seems like we can't talk things through without being corrected all the time. I understand that the board needs to be moderated to some extent but its getting boring to see so many comments being put down by the moderator all the time.

I love HTGTH and have been a member for a number of years but surely we should be allowed some expression of our view point. You might have insider info but the rest of us don't should we not be allowed to speculate. Stop taking everything so personally.

What's your problem?

You're fine with speculating but not fine with somebody seeing things differently? Why not?

Because your theories have nothing to stand on? You just want to post whatever you come up without anybody questioning the truth in what you said or point out that your theory might be wrong for reasons you disregard?

Some of you amuse me. You think I take it personally because I reply to something I disagree with? Really? On the contrary, some of you take it personally when I respond to your posts and disagree with them.

/jarmo

I don't have a problem, far from it. I also have no problem with people seeing things differently to me. In my opinion I think sometimes your a bit over the top in your reactions to others view point and so im telling you. We're all Guns n Roses fans, hell my little girls middle name is Rose for gods sake. Maybe we don't need you to be angry.

I'm not sure what you mean about my theories, I don't claim to know anything about guns I just enjoy listening to them and watching them live when they come to the uk.

It's your site though Jarmo so you crack on old lad, don't mind me bro I come in peace  peace

My view is that the problem pointed at is that you make wrong comments on things that Axl has already discussed officially in great details. Go read or re-read carefully what Axl wrote and said.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1674 on: July 08, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »

i like to gamble... im setting the line at 250 pages to this thread before we hear a new song.... lol

who wants action?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1675 on: July 08, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »

/jarmo

True, but do you think all those other tracks will ever see the light of day? With all this talk about recording new music where does that leave all the unreleased "Chinese era" tracks?

Personally, that's what I'd like to see released more than anything.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1676 on: July 09, 2013, 05:53:52 PM »

Surely someone involved wants to make money. Throw 'em on itunes.

I want something I haven't heard yet from them bad. It is so stupid crazy and so GNR that this is will be another year of nothing new. Ugh...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1677 on: July 09, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »

I want something I haven't heard yet from them bad. It is so stupid crazy and so GNR that this is will be another year of nothing new. Ugh...

Only the label can ok that.

And they don't want to make a little money, they want to mike piles and scads and oodles of money. So someone has to convince them they can do that by thowin them on iTunes. Because, to them, it has to be worth burning an option on e contract.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1678 on: July 09, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »

/jarmo

Yep, it's probably fair to say atlas is complete as bumble stated not too long ago that it was considered for Chinese (but wasn't added otherwise it would be a 2 disc album just for one song).

Kinda makes you wonder just how many other tracks are ready to go

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1679 on: July 09, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »

Only the label can ok that.

And they don't want to make a little money, they want to mike piles and scads and oodles of money. So someone has to convince them they can do that by thowin them on iTunes. Because, to them, it has to be worth burning an option on e contract.
Right on.

While I understand the frustration of not having new music out from Axl and GN'R, I think that has to be tempered with a realistic assessment of the situation.  As much as we, and apparently Bumblefoot, may be in favor of the option of releasing a song at time digitally, that's not something GN'R on their own can just do.  It just cannot and will not happen so long as they're tied to Interscope.  I can't think of any major label that has eschewed the album format for the single format.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: