Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680999 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1640 on: July 03, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »

If Axl had a problem with the way the record label was handling business why stay quiet about it? Why not go public like Prince did. Like Trent Reznor did. Like Howard Stern did. Like countless others have done.

"Sometimes in the desperation to find answers, the answer the most easily fits the narrative you want to believe in or subscribe to, is the one that is believed irrespective of anything else."

I agree with you. The answer that most easily fits the narrative is Axl doesn't have the drive to release new music. There has been artists who have had their material "leaked." If its not about the money and you only get paid by doing live shows there is options.

Axl doesn't seem too upset with the label wouldn't you agree? He isn't out there all rock n' roll saying they can go fuck themselves like some others have done. He actually seems pretty happy (downright jolly) at the current situation.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1641 on: July 03, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »

If Axl had a problem with the way the record label was handling business why stay quiet about it?

Umm, here you go. The Billboard Q&A: Axl Rose

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1642 on: July 03, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »

If Axl had a problem with the way the record label was handling business why stay quiet about it?

Of special interest are his answers to the questions "what were your expectations in terms of what best buy would do to promote the album" and "what are your thoughts on how universal handled the album".

They allude to some of the stuff we have discussed, here.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1643 on: July 03, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »

/jarmo

This was post release of CD about CD. 2009. 4 years later there is not so much as a peep regarding issues with the label. Wouldn't there be some hostility if they were keeping him from releasing new material now? Where is the outrage? The only real word we get is that some members of the band would like to record new material. Everything else is speculation right? Axl appears content, at least currently, with the status quo.

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1644 on: July 03, 2013, 06:33:02 PM »

If there's issues now, it probably wouldn't make things easier to negotiate by going public with the assumed issues.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1645 on: July 03, 2013, 10:29:38 PM »

They didn't go public with some of the issues the last time until after the album was released.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1646 on: July 03, 2013, 11:30:55 PM »

If Axl had a problem with the way the record label was handling business why stay quiet about it? Why not go public like Prince did. Like Trent Reznor did. Like Howard Stern did. Like countless others have done.

"Sometimes in the desperation to find answers, the answer the most easily fits the narrative you want to believe in or subscribe to, is the one that is believed irrespective of anything else."

I agree with you. The answer that most easily fits the narrative is Axl doesn't have the drive to release new music. There has been artists who have had their material "leaked." If its not about the money and you only get paid by doing live shows there is options.

Axl doesn't seem too upset with the label wouldn't you agree? He isn't out there all rock n' roll saying they can go fuck themselves like some others have done. He actually seems pretty happy (downright jolly) at the current situation.

To your first question, the simple answer is he's not Prince, Trent Reznor or Howard Stern.  Again, I'll bring up the fact that as cineater pointed out, Axl did not go public with issues with label until the album was out.

No, I wouldn't agree with you that Axl doesn't seem too upset with label.  I would say that I don't have a fucking clue how he feels and that whether or not he discusses his issues with the label publicly does not indicate the existence of issues or a lack thereof.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1647 on: July 03, 2013, 11:32:42 PM »

/jarmo

This was post release of CD about CD. 2009. 4 years later there is not so much as a peep regarding issues with the label. Wouldn't there be some hostility if they were keeping him from releasing new material now? Where is the outrage? The only real word we get is that some members of the band would like to record new material. Everything else is speculation right? Axl appears content, at least currently, with the status quo.

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Again, the flaw with your reasoning here is that lack of a public expression of outrage indicates a lack thereof.  That is not correct.  All it indicates is a lack of public expression of outrage.

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1648 on: July 04, 2013, 07:29:02 AM »

/jarmo

Axl has to do business with the label. He has a contract that compels him to do so.

Now, given that, if there are issues..do you think spouting off helps him or hurts him.

We have already established the label could give 2 shits what the fans think. And they don't really feel pressure, since the market seems unwilling to actually use it's influence on them.

So what does spouting off get axl, other than catharsis? A more pissed off business partner who is now even more unwilling to move, because they are pissed?

In business, you typically handle the ugly stuff behind closed doors. If you look back, you find most artists who spout off do it after they are out the door, or well on their way to negotiating their departure.

There are some limitations, specific to gnr ( because of who controls publishing rights for the back catalog and their status with the band), that make things even more hairy in departing. Def lepperd, prince, etc could all re-record their old material. The access to the master recordings was annoying, but not a deal breaker. Axl wouldn't be able to do that with the afd and uyi material.

I agree with your last sentence. The only issue is, we haven't actually Eliminated anything yet. So it's not apt in this discussion.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:33:27 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1649 on: July 04, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »

name:
Axl's online chats 12/14/2008: "After the monies invested by old Geffen [...] dropping the name became suicide."

Take one sentence out of the whole thing and you can make a point. Still, it doesn't prove that it's the only or even a proper reason.

The full sentence, by the way is: After the monies invested by old Geffen (that were decisions made that have worked out for me but I'm on record as having opposed) dropping the name became suicide.

So in essence, decisions were made for him, he didn't agree with them but he had to deal with them anyway.

no releases:
assumptions based from this recent discussion in this thread

So just assumptions.

name:
its provenly coming down to money with the band name a lot, and thats exactly what i've said: "one of the main reasons for Axl keeping the band name". and thats what Axl himself said, too. and the finger pointing to Geffen doesnt change the fact about that.

no releases:
yes, those are assumptions based on the discussion in this topic. but still no releases, studio time or even "real" updates in sight.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #1650 on: July 04, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »

Let's wait until the end of 2013

We know that there are new songs

I think Axl plans to release them at some point
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1651 on: July 04, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »

name:
its provenly coming down to money with the band name a lot, and thats exactly what i've said: "one of the main reasons for Axl keeping the band name". and thats what Axl himself said, too. and the finger pointing to Geffen doesnt change the fact about that.

Maybe you don't understand what he said?
Sounds like somebody made decisions on his behalf , that he didn't agree with, but had to live with.

What you're doing is like a general sending a soldier to a war and then attacking him/her for going to that war on made up grounds.....

Seriously, the band name discussions again? It's his band name. Deal with it.

You can say what you want about doing it for the money blah blah blah, but you never point out the negative things that came with it. One of which was brought up in this discussion for you to ignore....

"One of the main reasons". For you maybe.
You might have a Top 20 list of "main reasons" and if it's one of them it's "one of the main reasons". Doesn't really mean a whole lot in the end....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:52:29 AM by jarmo » Logged

Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #1652 on: July 05, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

Considering this is a forum (def: A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged). It seems like we can't talk things through without being corrected all the time. I understand that the board needs to be moderated to some extent but its getting boring to see so many comments being put down by the moderator all the time.

I love HTGTH and have been a member for a number of years but surely we should be allowed some expression of our view point. You might have insider info but the rest of us don't should we not be allowed to speculate. Stop taking everything so personally.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #1653 on: July 05, 2013, 09:07:48 AM »

^Its like talking to a wall here.

Either "fall in line or leave" will most likely be the official response to your post.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1654 on: July 05, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

Considering this is a forum (def: A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged). It seems like we can't talk things through without being corrected all the time. I understand that the board needs to be moderated to some extent but its getting boring to see so many comments being put down by the moderator all the time.

I love HTGTH and have been a member for a number of years but surely we should be allowed some expression of our view point. You might have insider info but the rest of us don't should we not be allowed to speculate. Stop taking everything so personally.

What's your problem?

You're fine with speculating but not fine with somebody seeing things differently? Why not?

Because your theories have nothing to stand on? You just want to post whatever you come up without anybody questioning the truth in what you said or point out that your theory might be wrong for reasons you disregard?

Some of you amuse me. You think I take it personally because I reply to something I disagree with? Really? On the contrary, some of you take it personally when I respond to your posts and disagree with them.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1655 on: July 05, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »

I'm confused.

You are entitled to express your viewpoint...but nobody else, including the mod, are allowed to express a counter viewpoint?

The mod isn't editing or deleting your posts, in this case. He is expressing his opinion, and defending it.  You know, exchanging ideas, views, and information...

Together again,
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1656 on: July 05, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »

To your first question, the simple answer is he's not Prince, Trent Reznor or Howard Stern.  Again, I'll bring up the fact that as cineater pointed out, Axl did not go public with issues with label until the album was out.

No, I wouldn't agree with you that Axl doesn't seem too upset with label.  I would say that I don't have a fucking clue how he feels and that whether or not he discusses his issues with the label publicly does not indicate the existence of issues or a lack thereof.

Ali

Ali if I were you I wouldn't underestimate Axl Rose.  Real fans know the best is yet to come.  You make it seem like Axl is trapped without an options.  PLEASE.   
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #1657 on: July 05, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »

I Just wish fans stop demanding a new album. So many bands spend much more than 5 or 6 years to release a new album. Doesn?t matter how long did it take to release CD. I guess people don?t realize how lucky we are to have this record in hands.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1658 on: July 05, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »

I'm confused.

You are entitled to express your viewpoint...but nobody else, including the mod, are allowed to express a counter viewpoint?

The mod isn't editing or deleting your posts, in this case. He is expressing his opinion, and defending it.  You know, exchanging ideas, views, and information...

Dammit, that's exactly what I was going to write.  I'll take it a step further and say that if you don't want your opinions commented on or challenged or responded to (however you want to describe it), then why post your opinions on a DISCUSSION forum?  Disagreement, vehement or otherwise, is not the same thing as correcting or disallowing another's viewpoint.

Ali
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #1659 on: July 05, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »

What's your problem?

You're fine with speculating but not fine with somebody seeing things differently? Why not?

Because your theories have nothing to stand on? You just want to post whatever you come up without anybody questioning the truth in what you said or point out that your theory might be wrong for reasons you disregard?

Some of you amuse me. You think I take it personally because I reply to something I disagree with? Really? On the contrary, some of you take it personally when I respond to your posts and disagree with them.

/jarmo

I don't have a problem, far from it. I also have no problem with people seeing things differently to me. In my opinion I think sometimes your a bit over the top in your reactions to others view point and so im telling you. We're all Guns n Roses fans, hell my little girls middle name is Rose for gods sake. Maybe we don't need you to be angry.

I'm not sure what you mean about my theories, I don't claim to know anything about guns I just enjoy listening to them and watching them live when they come to the uk.

It's your site though Jarmo so you crack on old lad, don't mind me bro I come in peace  peace

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: