Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680110 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1500 on: June 02, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »

^^Yeah I agree, that makes a lot of sense. Clearly Axl and indeed several members of the current band have an attachment to the music already largely recorded and, for me, it would be a damn shame if that were never to see the light of day.

If guns were to release CD2 in the way you suggest that would give them breathing space to concentrate at their leisure on music written and performed solely by the current line up. Surely the revenue raised would help financially too with studio time, etc.

Who knows, perhaps we will see something released this November. It will be the fifth anniversary of Chinese and a great time IMO to release the next installment.

Don't know about you guys but I dream about hearing songs like The General and Atlas Shrugged. I just hope one day I can blast these on my stereo and look back on this wait with a smile on my face

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1501 on: June 03, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »

^^Yeah I agree, that makes a lot of sense. Clearly Axl and indeed several members of the current band have an attachment to the music already largely recorded and, for me, it would be a damn shame if that were never to see the light of day.

If guns were to release CD2 in the way you suggest that would give them breathing space to concentrate at their leisure on music written and performed solely by the current line up. Surely the revenue raised would help financially too with studio time, etc.

Who knows, perhaps we will see something released this November. It will be the fifth anniversary of Chinese and a great time IMO to release the next installment.

Don't know about you guys but I dream about hearing songs like The General and Atlas Shrugged. I just hope one day I can blast these on my stereo and look back on this wait with a smile on my face
I've been  saying this for years, they have most of the album in the can, why would they spend on a 100% to be recorded album. I could see 1 or 2 tracks from the 2008 line-up being added, but for me too much of the $13,000,000 spent on CD is available to be recouped for next to nothing.... In my view the touring is towards funding the CD3 (or whatever its called) with the current line-up writing the whole shabang  ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1502 on: June 08, 2013, 05:46:12 PM »

Agree completely. The music that's already been more or less finished for years needs to be put out ASAP.  Have the current guitarist put the finishing touches on the tracks, if they haven't already, and just release the damn thing already.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #1503 on: June 10, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »

I think you guys are over-thinking it. I think they're touring not to "fund cd3" but because they like doing it.

Also, I think that Axl and everybody involved clearly realize that they could release the songs as they are recorded right now. But they're artist. They might not be as satisfied with their work from 5 years ago as they were back then.

Then again, I'm probably as wrong as everybody in this topic ;-)

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1504 on: June 10, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

I'd like to see them release CD 2 without touring it like they have CD.  Rather, spend time working up new material that is relevant to the current members, release that, and then go on another 3 year tour cycle behind it.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1505 on: June 10, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »

I think you guys are over-thinking it. I think they're touring not to "fund cd3" but because they like doing it.

Also, I think that Axl and everybody involved clearly realize that they could release the songs as they are recorded right now. But they're artist. They might not be as satisfied with their work from 5 years ago as they were back then.

Then again, I'm probably as wrong as everybody in this topic ;-)

I like your thinking, my quote on funding CD3 is based on rumours (yeah I know  Roll Eyes) that the record company aren't willing to stump up more money for another album. It is widely known that touring is the most reliable way a band to generate an income, and if the ambition to release more music is there, this is the most logical (GnR don't do logical or do they  Huh) way for funding this. Mysteron, Jarmo, anybody? dare I say it, Dexter come on, the suspense is killing us... smoking
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #1506 on: June 10, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »

To be honest I don't think recording an album is even THAT expensive. Sure if you rent a couple of studios for a couple of years that's gonna cost you. But I know DJ Ashba has it's own studio. And I can't imagine at least a couple of other guys doesn't own their own studio either.

You can write and record anything you want there, unlimited, without any time constraints. Of course promoting an album is a whole different thing, but still.

All I'm trying to say is that I just don't think it has anything to do with the dollars. Not even a bit.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1507 on: June 10, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »

I don't see Axl recording another album in someone's home studio if you know anything about how he operates. Then you have engineers, producers, etc. to pay. Making albums costs $$$$ and labels are increasingly unwilling to make huge investments with the biz in the shitter.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #1508 on: June 15, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »

I'm not saying they should actually record the album in their home studios. I'm saying they could write, record and maybe even mix / master the recording so that they can limit their time in an "actual" studio to the minimum.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1509 on: June 16, 2013, 05:16:55 AM »

I really REALLY miss the thrill of new guns music, or the anticipation of it when a release has been confirmed!

Better than sex!! Lol

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1510 on: June 17, 2013, 12:27:46 PM »

I'm not saying they should actually record the album in their home studios. I'm saying they could write, record and maybe even mix / master the recording so that they can limit their time in an "actual" studio to the minimum.

In a perfect world yes.

But in the real world it might not be that simple. Do they have the equipment required? Is there room for the whole band? And so on...

It might sound convenient to use a home studio, but it might be easier to use a "normal" studio in the end...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1511 on: June 17, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »

In a perfect world yes.

But in the real world it might not be that simple. Do they have the equipment required? Is there room for the whole band? And so on...

It might sound convenient to use a home studio, but it might be easier to use a "normal" studio in the end...

/jarmo
This is true, I guess it's sometimes easy to forget that these guys aren't all living in the same city as each other. And on top of that they are all really busy musicians and always have something booked or planned solo wise. It's not a band like Cr?e or Aerosmith where they have all grown up together and are very close bonded, although we all know they get on great. Sometimes it's not a simple thing to write a whole new album putting all those factors in place, and that's why I still feel that Axl will use a huge portion of the material written during the CD sessions rather than focusing on new music from this line-up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1512 on: June 17, 2013, 02:07:20 PM »

It's not a band like Cr?e or Aerosmith where they have all grown up together and are very close bonded, although we all know they get on great.

I think your two examples aren't that good for what you're trying to say....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1513 on: June 19, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »

It's not a band like Cr?e or Aerosmith where they have all grown up together and are very close bonded, although we all know they get on great.

I think your two examples aren't that good for what you're trying to say....  Wink

After a couple of albums/tours and moderate success I feel most band members become distant. Your 2 examples are perfect examples..although they along with the likes of Poison, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Metallica, the Stones all have the majority of the classic lineups they probably see each on tour, recording a a writing session here and there..

/jarmo
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1514 on: June 20, 2013, 05:51:26 AM »

After a couple of albums/tours and moderate success I feel most band members become distant. Your 2 examples are perfect examples..although they along with the likes of Poison, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Metallica, the Stones all have the majority of the classic lineups they probably see each on tour, recording a a writing session here and there..

/jarmo

Even the closest of bands can have their problems.  Richie Sambora walked out of Bon Jovi in April after 30 years together.

personally I would love to see anew GnR CD and a European tour!!!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1515 on: June 20, 2013, 05:59:14 AM »

/jarmo

Even the closest of bands can have their problems.  Richie Sambora walked out of Bon Jovi in April after 30 years together.

personally I would love to see anew GnR CD and a European tour!!!
most ''old classic'' rock bands play with the ''classic lineup'' for the money.

i am grateful that groups like gn'r and led zeppelin arent one of them.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1516 on: June 20, 2013, 06:27:28 AM »

they ALL play for money. that's the thing. touring > making money.

everyone knows you don't make too much money with records these days.

too bad, because we certainly would have two more GNR albums if it was still the case.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1517 on: June 20, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »

There's been a lot of talk from band members that they wish to release another album but has Axl actually talked about it in the last 2 years?

Here today...ready to rock
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1518 on: June 20, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »

There's been a lot of talk from band members that they wish to release another album but has Axl actually talked about it in the last 2 years?

He did say"definitely maybe" a couple of months ago in regards to a relase this year.

But.... I dont think anybody can take that too seriously.....

It is what it is...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1519 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »

they ALL play for money. that's the thing. touring > making money.

everyone knows you don't make too much money with records these days.

too bad, because we certainly would have two more GNR albums if it was still the case.
thats a ridiculous thing to write
 imagine how much more money they would make with the appetite line-up. or if they would have released the london or vegas dvd. or even had done some promo to chinese democracy
and also by playing secret gigs and small clubs like texas this year, money dosent seem to be their priority right now.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »