Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679446 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1400 on: April 11, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »

Sergio you said a very bad word.......... haha

you do you Jarmo !

i find it funny that people still come here to start up with you..... you have a personal relationship with Axl.... why people cant understand that and the fact that ur never gunna side against him is really hard to understand actually

This is where I'm a little confused, couldn't Jarmo ask Axl about the album/future plans?  Shocked

It would save all the speculation after all.  ok

Jarmo: "Hey Axl, you know that whole new album subject that you purposely don't say much about in the media. Give me some information so I can talk about it to people on my message board."

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1401 on: April 11, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »

Sergio you said a very bad word.......... haha

you do you Jarmo !

i find it funny that people still come here to start up with you..... you have a personal relationship with Axl.... why people cant understand that and the fact that ur never gunna side against him is really hard to understand actually

This is where I'm a little confused, couldn't Jarmo ask Axl about the album/future plans?  Shocked

It would save all the speculation after all.  ok

Jarmo: "Hey Axl, you know that whole new album subject that you purposely don't say much about in the media. Give me some information so I can talk about it to people on my message board."

Axl: "Hey Jarmo.... your off the tour"

Jarmo might know or maybe not know.... but i figure this sort of conversation would be off limits maybe
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:44:05 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Silex
Headliner

« Reply #1402 on: April 11, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

http://cd1025.com/about/jock/brian-phillips/post/605

New Tommy interview, at 14:33 he talks little about Guns and new album. Says it's his goal for the new year.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1403 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »

Lets get back on topic here. I personally think that they should book a studio,start from scratch and come together "as a band" and see what they can come up with. Abandon the music thats in the can or release it seperately. Ive never been a fan of band members recording parts or sending ideas from other locations. My band has recorded both ways. I feel that the music suffered when we werent recording and writing together. You need someone to feed ideas off of. I love when songs come together organically. To me thats what excites me about being in a "band". We recorded a bunch of songs for one album that were left over from a previous album. In hindsight we now feel it was laziness on our part. When you leave songs laying around for years and you revisit them you almost tend to overanalyze them and begin tinkering with them which in essence ruins them.  You lose the feel and mood of why you wrote them in the first place. Especially if your not in the same frame of mind anymore. They have talented songwriters. I would be curious to see how it would reflect in the studio if and I truly mean if they write as a band.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1404 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »

God i'm shocked Jarmo has not banned the negative idiot trolls.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1405 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »

Jarmo and Dok  -

I respect both of you two.  It kind of makes me sad when what should be friendly debate escalates into something more.   I learned through out the years life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  Anyway just my two cents.  Not trying to preach, just sharing some of what I have learned in this crazy merry go round we call life.  But keep an open mind and be good to each other.  In the end it's not worth the stress.   
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #1406 on: April 13, 2013, 06:07:59 AM »

The discussion going on here is so stupid and pointless, people need to respect each other's opinions...

I think it's crystal clear that axl is being vague because he doesn't want the same thing that happened with chd . happening again! He doesn't want to spend year after year telling fans that the album is being released cuz if it won't , if it get's delayed it makes him look bad again. i think it's something that everybody would do! If you miss a few deadlines and people get upset, then u stop giving deadlines!

But i get it, you're impatient cuz u want new music from ur favorite band! I am too, but attacking Jarmo or anyone else, or ask jarmo over and over again to ask axl that or tell axl this,is just stupid!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1407 on: April 15, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »

Jarmo and Dok  -

I respect both of you two.  It kind of makes me sad when what should be friendly debate escalates into something more.   I learned through out the years life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  Anyway just my two cents.  Not trying to preach, just sharing some of what I have learned in this crazy merry go round we call life.  But keep an open mind and be good to each other.  In the end it's not worth the stress.   

People seem to actually think I take it personally what somebody I disagree with says. I don't.
I do find it amusing that the fact that me disagreeing with somebody often results in the same kind of responses. I'm an ass kisser, brainwashed, shouldn't question others, should respect their opinion etc etc.

I have a different point of view. If I see something that I don't agree with and/or I know is completely made up, I'll say so. That's all.

Yes, it may seem harsh and sometimes some people might get their feelings hurt because I don't sugarcoat what I say. That's how I am. I don't waste a lot of time getting to the point of my post.

Oops, maybe I just did....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1408 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »

talking about your personal relationship with Axl Jarmo,
have you thought about interviewing him for this board?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1409 on: April 15, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »

While all you people are bashing Jarmo and/or complaining about the band.  I'm sitting here trying to find out if we have any real details about a new record coming out.  Leave Jarmo alone, he's the closest thing we got to an in with the band.  Yes we get an occasional band member post but he's closer than anyone else here that is a regular contributor.  Not to mention, this is JARMO's board and not yours.  He could shut it down at any point...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1410 on: April 16, 2013, 09:40:18 AM »

from gnr france twitter:

Guns N' Roses France‏@gnrfrance 1h
Richard Fortus a d?clar? aujourd'hui sur un chat Facebook que le plan avec Guns ?tait de sortir un nouvel album pour la fin de l'ann?e 2013!in english:

richard fortus has announced today on a facebook chat that guns has a plan to release a new album by the end of the year 2013!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #1411 on: April 16, 2013, 10:00:30 AM »

i really hope Robin work on the next album is left intact & Bucket features, but great to hear they are working on it!

Thanks Giant Robot...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1412 on: April 16, 2013, 10:21:21 AM »

from gnr france twitter:

Guns N' Roses France‏@gnrfrance 1h
Richard Fortus a d?clar? aujourd'hui sur un chat Facebook que le plan avec Guns ?tait de sortir un nouvel album pour la fin de l'ann?e 2013!in english:

richard fortus has announced today on a facebook chat that guns has a plan to release a new album by the end of the year 2013!

Hopefully it comes to happen, who wouldnt want a new gnr album this year

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1413 on: May 05, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »

New interview with Fortus, throws 2013 out the window Sad

"Guns N' Roses is well down the track of recording a follow-up to their 2008 album ?Chinese Democracy?.

Guitarist Richard Fortus has confirmed to Noise11.com news that the band was spent a lot of time in the studio working on the next album and that many of the songs have been completed.
Fortus, who is also the guitarist for Australia?s The Dead Daisies, told Noise11 that while the album has mostly been completed it won?t be released this year but maybe in 2014.
?Chinese Democracy? was released in November 2008 after more than 10 years in the making. While Axl Rose was the only original member featured on the album, it was the first album of new and original material released under the Guns ?N Roses name since the 1991 ?Use Your Illusion? albums.
Guns ?N Roses also released the covers record ?The Spaghetti Incident?? in 1993. It was the last album to feature Rose with Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, and Gilby Clarke. Dizzy Reed played on ?Chinese Democracy? and is still also currently a permanent member of Guns ?N Roses touring band."

http://www.noise11.com/news/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-follow-up-is-well-down-the-track-20130505

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1414 on: May 05, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »

Fortus is setting release dates? Let's get the 3D Blu Ray out first!!

I hope Jarmo gets first dibs on confirming song titles, and not Blabbermouth or Metal Sludge. It's almost like Axl's treating these songs like red wine in a cellar - letting them age a bit before popping the cork open.

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1415 on: May 05, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »

So the new album is 'mostly' completed but will only 'hopefully' be released in 2014. It's hard to fathom this band. Someone should gently advise Axl that he isn't actually immortal.Imagine if he acted this free and easy with time before they were signed?? Obviously I don't know the inside story but Axl's lack of urgency has been an ongoing personality trait for many years now. I guess 'finishing touches' still take years Sad I just wish the songs were a little more stripped back than they were on CD, it would make the music much more cohesive and pleasurable to listen to.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1416 on: May 05, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »

Great news and it's further confirmation really that the new album will be Finck/Bucket/Brain era tracks, after Ron's recent interview regarding the current band not creating music together.  peace
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1417 on: May 06, 2013, 09:13:18 AM »

so ... if this album almost is done... can we expect an album title in the future.. do they have som titles under the radar? that excites me!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #1418 on: May 06, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »

Great news and it's further confirmation really that the new album will be Finck/Bucket/Brain era tracks, after Ron's recent interview regarding the current band not creating music together.  peace

Ugh, more music from guys who have been OUT almost longer then they were IN.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1419 on: May 06, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »

It's the beginning of May for god sakes. Why couldn't this come out this year if it's mostly done. And didn't Axl say in the chats (December 2008) that another album (CD 2 or whatever) could come out within a year from then. What happened to that?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: