Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679303 times)
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1380 on: April 09, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »

It's just that such projects may take quite some time in the GNR world as we all know. You claim they're (specifically Axl) not being vague about a future release. I say they/he are/is.

And there you go.

You attack him for being "vague", yet you are fully aware of how things work.
You know that last time he set a date for a release, it didn't happen the way he had hoped. He wasn't "vague" and look what happened.

You just want to eat the cake and have it too. You want something concrete, but then again you don't want it because if things happen and the concrete plans don't materialize, that's not good either.

Just another case of "Axl said this, but I hoped he had said that even though I know from the past that saying that isn't necessarily a good idea either".

Considering everything Axl has said in the recent past about new material + taking into consideration what Bubmblefoot said concerning a new record, nothing points to the fact that a new GNR record will come out during the next 12 month, which most people would regard as a quick release by GNR-standards. It would be great if a new record would come out this or early next year, don't get me wrong.

Funny.
You could say that without reading/hearing any comments from anybody.

It's called being pessimistic.

Which is fine. No need to find excuses for it.

As far as your definition for "wheels in motion..." goes: Axl did have an album of songs and everything ready a long time before CD finally came out so I suppose his wheels are the ones that move according to different rules.

I'm not the one who "attacks" Axl's comments because they don't suit my definition of news I want to hear.

Yes, they were and that's one of the things the media has kept going on and on about. Didn't you notice?

/jarmo

I did not attack Axl or anyone else. It's been said before but not everyone voicing an opinion, thought or wish about a new GNR-record is an enemy of the band or Axl with an 'agenda' or anything as you often like to impute on people. I was referring to what you said a couple of posts back - actually my whole 'dialogue' with you was about what you seem to understand as a "vague" statement. In my last couple of posts I tried to point that out to you and get back on topic - obviously with little to no avail.

Vague? How do you make all of that out to be vague?
Because he didn't announce a release date set in stone?
How is this vague: "(The next album) will come out sooner."?
It's pretty clear. In simple English.

Referring to that quote and taking the arguments I stated into account, I think most people understand what I was referring to.
But by now I'm no longer interested in playing your 'Dissecting-posts-game' any further, because you fail to understand (what you would call) "common sense" as far as a simple exchange of opinions is concerned. Apart from that I find it pointless to talk, let alone 'discuss' anything GNR with you - theoretically & pratically - because you don't seem to be able in exchanging thoughts and opinions in a rationale way, especially if those differ from yours. To me it seems you're not able to understand the main idea of an(y) argument that does not suit your opinion 100%. You rather focus on little text-pieces which you pick out in order to avoid dealing with the main thesis of an argument. I understand that's a pretty handy thing when trying to twist and detract from what people originally talk about, no? For whatever reason, you don't seem mature enough to get your point accross without:
1. Taking parts of what is being said out of context.
2. (Try to) mock on the poster.
3. Accuse people of being hostile towards GNR/Axl.
4. A combination of 1, 2, 3.
If the GNR-thing isn't working out for you any longer, you should give it a try and run for a political mandate.  peace
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:12:30 PM by Dok » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1381 on: April 09, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »

I explained to you, and others, why the comments might seem "vague" to those of you who like to label them as such.

Did any of that register? No. You keep going on and on.

For example: It's like you keep saying it's snowing, and I point out that it's because it's winter. But you don't care about that. You just like to go on and on about how it sucks that it's snowing.

I gave you a reason why your point of view is somewhat flawed, and you ignored it. Which is fine, but it does make it seem like you have a selective ability to disregard what's explained to you.

You can think the comments are vague until the cows come home, I don't give a fuck.

I'm only trying to explain to you why they might seem like that. That seems to upset you. Why is it such a problem to be told that there might be legitimate reasons why you think the comments are vague, and if you thought about the reason(s), maybe you wouldn't be so quick to jump on them?

It seems like people are happy to post their thoughts on the Internet, as long as they don't need to be held "responsible" for them or have them questioned. Especially when questioning GN'R and/or Axl.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1382 on: April 09, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »

You just can't let people have their own opinion, can you?

Very sad

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1383 on: April 09, 2013, 07:58:30 PM »

What's up with your homoerotic comments as soon as somebody disagrees with your point of view?

/jarmo

It's to prove a point....and I'm sure you got it.  I could use "kiss ass" if you like that better. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1384 on: April 09, 2013, 08:11:51 PM »

Very sad

Explain how I'm not letting people have their own opinion?

What you mean is "why can't we just post that we disagree with what Axl/GN'R said/ did without anybody questioning us?".

It's to prove a point....and I'm sure you got it.  I could use "kiss ass" if you like that better. 

And what point are you trying to prove exactly?

That if somebody doesn't agree with you, he/she is kissing ass/sucking dick?

I don't care what somebody I never met who posts on the Internet thinks of my opinion or what it looks like to him/her. There's more important things in life to worry about.

Label me an ass kisser, I don't care. At the end of the day I know my point of view differs from many others. I know that.

Maybe some people would have a little different point of view if they were posting as people instead of usernames on the Internet....  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1385 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »

Very sad

Explain how I'm not letting people have their own opinion?

What you mean is "why can't we just post that we disagree with what Axl/GN'R said/ did without anybody questioning us?".

And what point are you trying to prove exactly?

That if somebody doesn't agree with you, he/she is kissing ass/sucking dick?

I don't care what somebody I never met who posts on the Internet thinks of my opinion or what it looks like to him/her. There's more important things in life to worry about.

Label me an ass kisser, I don't care. At the end of the day I know my point of view differs from many others. I know that.

Maybe some people would have a little different point of view if they were posting as people instead of usernames on the Internet....  ok

/jarmo

Doesn't agree with me??...haha No.  You must be missing it. 

It's that YOU attack anyone on here who disagrees with Axl or anything he does, or how he goes about his business.  As soon as someone has an opinion that doesn't necessarily "support" Axl and what he's doing, you jump in at make some excuse or attack that person.  This example wasn't even someone disagreeing with Axl.  I simply made a point about how he's always vague when it comes to future releases.  Then here comes Jarmo to protect Axl.  You don't have the balls to disagree with anything Axl says or does.  That my friend is being an "ass kisser".  I'm not afraid to speak my mind (kinda something I always got and liked about Axl).  It has nothing to do about being behind a screen name.  I would ask Axl to his face why he's so vague about future release dates.  And if the topic got brought up, I would tell you that I think your a kiss ass.     
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:04:37 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #1386 on: April 09, 2013, 11:29:53 PM »

I'm a member of quite a few message boards. Overall this is a very positive board and I generally enjoy all the content. I will say that as a general rule, the moderator or administrator should remain very neutral, if they post at all. May I suggest a separate account for you (Jarmo) to post from the heart, and keep the admin account neutral and professional. Just a suggestion, as some of these threads seem to be getting pretty contentious. It's the admin's job to keep the peace, not add to the fire.  peace

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1387 on: April 10, 2013, 12:04:52 AM »

I'm a member of quite a few message boards. Overall this is a very positive board and I generally enjoy all the content. I will say that as a general rule, the moderator or administrator should remain very neutral, if they post at all. May I suggest a separate account for you (Jarmo) to post from the heart, and keep the admin account neutral and professional. Just a suggestion, as some of these threads seem to be getting pretty contentious. It's the admin's job to keep the peace, not add to the fire.  peace
This is not the town square. This is Jarmo's board.  How would it make you feel if you invited several people into your home and then were told to butt out of the conversation they were having?  We are visiting Jarmo's board.  It is not public property.  The man has opinions, and he lets people post their own opinions.  As a 'member' are you a shareholder...or do you pay dues to belong?  Nope.  You/We are hear because Jarmo created a great place to share our GnR fan-insanity.  You/we are entitled to nothing.  Yes...this hit a nerve.  End rant.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1388 on: April 10, 2013, 03:47:27 AM »

This is not the town square. This is Jarmo's board.  How would it make you feel if you invited several people into your home and then were told to butt out of the conversation they were having?  We are visiting Jarmo's board.  It is not public property.  The man has opinions, and he lets people post their own opinions.  As a 'member' are you a shareholder...or do you pay dues to belong?  Nope.  You/We are hear because Jarmo created a great place to share our GnR fan-insanity.  You/we are entitled to nothing.  Yes...this hit a nerve.  End rant.

Oh god... dude, seriously!! This is a board about a music band, not about some guy's opinion about it. By definition this place is a 'message board'. That's a place where people come together to exchange their opinions. Sometimes people have different opinions and like to exchange arguments for the sake of enjoying a good communication. That's a very human thing I was told and it can be very pleasant (depending on your conversation partner). You should try it out. If we'd do it your way, every section of this board would look like this (maybe with a few "Yes" & "I agree"- posts added from some people who enjoy to share their "fan-insanity"):

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=3.0

By the way, you almost had it right when you mentioned "sharing GnR-fan insanity" with "sharing" being the key-word. One could also call it "sharing opinions, arguments, ideas, wishes" and so on. (As long as people voice their opinion without being disrespectful) I see nothing wrong in having different opinions and just leave it at that. To put it like this: I can find the girlfriend of my buddy to be stupid while he thinks she's bright. I am as entitled to my opinion as you are...or Jarmo or Axl. If you don't agree, fine - if you can convince me of your opinion, fine as well. If you're just getting at me because you don't like what I have to say, one of us is going to make an ass out of himself and it's not gonna be me.

Example: The few posts above. Jarmo is still jumping up and down about something that's basically not really important any longer because arguments have been exchanged (a couple of times, just to make sure) and the topic of argumentation has been talked to death by now. Instead of just leaving it there and being mellow about it, like: "You know my opinion is this and we just don't see eye to eye on this subject." he's trying to prove his point valid to a couple of people at any cost. It makes himself look like an angry child. Why you ask? Because people have different understandings about things which is something he does not seem to have the capabiltiy to understand or accept, yet.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:41:03 AM by Dok » Logged
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1389 on: April 10, 2013, 07:06:11 AM »

Nothing must change on this board. Jarmo can and should speak his mind as much as he likes to (and he should not use another account for that, that's bullshit). If some think Jarmo is an 'ass kisser'; that's a perfect legimate opinion also, and I didn't notice Jarmo was deleting these posts, which in my opinion proves this board (Jarmo) is very open for discussions and opinions...and that's the way aha aha I like it.  ok

We all differ and we all have our own opinions, which makes it fun. Otherwise it would be very boring!

Maybe we just need to be (more) carefull with insulting each other...that's (sometimes) not really needed. There some amongst us which feel offended too fast sometimes. Grow up and smoke a cigar (or something else).  smoking

So, when is this new album coming out again? I lost track  peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1390 on: April 10, 2013, 07:34:26 AM »

Then here comes Jarmo to protect Axl.  You don't have the balls to disagree with anything Axl says or does.  That my friend is being an "ass kisser".  I'm not afraid to speak my mind (kinda something I always got and liked about Axl).  It has nothing to do about being behind a screen name.  I would ask Axl to his face why he's so vague about future release dates.  And if the topic got brought up, I would tell you that I think your a kiss ass.     

So essentially you are saying that because I disagree, and have another point of view, that makes me an ass kisser.

Why then do you get upset if the opposite is pointed out?

It's fine for you and others to label me as an ass kisser and whatever else, but you get all excited about me questioning your posts and trying to get you and others to explain something I don't agree with.

That's funny!

So in relation to my original "issue". I don't agree with labeling something as vague, when in reality being more concrete without having everything in place eventually makes one look like somebody who breaks his promises.

/jarmo

Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #1391 on: April 10, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »

Thanks Giant Robot...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1392 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:52 AM »

Huh

Please fix your signature. Text only please.
Thank you.

/jarmo

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1393 on: April 10, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »

Oh god... dude, seriously!!...<deleted for brevity>...understand or accept, yet.
Perhaps you "seriously" need to re-read my post, because it was in response to a 'suggestion' that he should not involve 'himself' in the discussion.  You are not entitled to anything, but are allowed to participate in a discussion on this board which is owned/run by Jarmo...to somehow flip that arrangement around whereby Jarmo should not be allowed to share his own opinion, on his own board?  If Jarmo were to close up shop tomorrow, all the make-believe names and years of trolling would disappear, and you would be left with no recourse, and no trophy for participating.  That is a simple fact.  Perhaps I am being too sensitive to a simple suggestion...but I have some pent up frustration on this subject.

"The Prez" said it better in his post, and in not so many words.  ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1394 on: April 11, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »

Oh god... dude, seriously!!...<deleted for brevity>...understand or accept, yet.
Perhaps you "seriously" need to re-read my post, because it was in response to a 'suggestion' that he should not involve 'himself' in the discussion.  You are not entitled to anything, but are allowed to participate in a discussion on this board which is owned/run by Jarmo...to somehow flip that arrangement around whereby Jarmo should not be allowed to share his own opinion, on his own board?  If Jarmo were to close up shop tomorrow, all the make-believe names and years of trolling would disappear, and you would be left with no recourse, and no trophy for participating.  That is a simple fact.  Perhaps I am being too sensitive to a simple suggestion...but I have some pent up frustration on this subject.

"The Prez" said it better in his post, and in not so many words.  ok

No. I don't need to re-read your post.  Roll Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1395 on: April 11, 2013, 10:56:07 AM »

Axl is purposely vague when it comes to releasing new music. that is a fact.

why is he vague? we can speculate, but we really don't know for sure.

i think most fans would appreciate it if he could tell us what his intensions are. many other bands provide that information to their fans. the large majority are not looking for an exact date. but as fans, many of us are curious as to what Axl is thinking right now regarding short term and long term plan for Guns.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sergitou
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1396 on: April 11, 2013, 01:40:17 PM »

Hello Everyone!!!

So many years without posting here!!!

I see you are all fighting and telling Jarmo he is an Ass Kisser.

If I'm Jarmo I would not care. He has been doing a great job keeping this forum alive. I think he is the luckiest guy in the world having the chance to tour with GNR!!!

Regarding the Thread I would love to hear a new record, however I have to be honest that I prefer the previous records of GNR versus Chinese Democracy. I hope the next one sounds much better.

It would be so great that Axl and Slash could get along. Have you seen slash video on Stoke??? He is playing like the gods!!!

Last but not the least, do you remember the version of The Blues of RIR 3 year 2001??? I think is the best by far!!!

Take care and see you in 3 more years!!

Sergio

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1397 on: April 11, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »

Sergio you said a very bad word.......... haha

you do you Jarmo !

i find it funny that people still come here to start up with you..... you have a personal relationship with Axl.... why people cant understand that and the fact that ur never gunna side against him is really hard to understand actually

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1398 on: April 11, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »

Hello Everyone!!!

So many years without posting here!!!

I see you are all fighting and telling Jarmo he is an Ass Kisser.

If I'm Jarmo I would not care. He has been doing a great job keeping this forum alive. I think he is the luckiest guy in the world having the chance to tour with GNR!!!

Regarding the Thread I would love to hear a new record, however I have to be honest that I prefer the previous records of GNR versus Chinese Democracy. I hope the next one sounds much better.

It would be so great that Axl and Slash could get along. Have you seen slash video on Stoke??? He is playing like the gods!!!

Last but not the least, do you remember the version of The Blues of RIR 3 year 2001??? I think is the best by far!!!

Take care and see you in 3 more years!!

Sergio

OK, nevermind ...  ok
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1399 on: April 11, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »

Sergio you said a very bad word.......... haha

you do you Jarmo !

i find it funny that people still come here to start up with you..... you have a personal relationship with Axl.... why people cant understand that and the fact that ur never gunna side against him is really hard to understand actually

This is where I'm a little confused, couldn't Jarmo ask Axl about the album/future plans?  Shocked

It would save all the speculation after all.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: