Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:34:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679106 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1360 on: April 08, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »

Read Dok's post above.  Also, when someone says "soon", I take that as something being released much earlier than 6-8 years down the road.  This is what happened with CD.  So the fact that Axl said the "next album will come out sooner", could mean anything from 1-6 years.  Yes, to me that is vague and NOT simple english.  I'm not expecting a exact date to be said, but with Axl, it's always....."soon", "sooner", "definite maybe', etc.  It's like he tries to keep things a secret for some reason. 

So in other words, we got another case of "damn if you do, damned if you don't".

Business as usual with GN'R fans.

I don't think there's any evidence of him trying to keep a secret. He's not stupid. Last time he said an album would be out, he got called a liar by certain people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1361 on: April 08, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »

Read Dok's post above.  Also, when someone says "soon", I take that as something being released much earlier than 6-8 years down the road.  This is what happened with CD.  So the fact that Axl said the "next album will come out sooner", could mean anything from 1-6 years.  Yes, to me that is vague and NOT simple english.  I'm not expecting a exact date to be said, but with Axl, it's always....."soon", "sooner", "definite maybe', etc.  It's like he tries to keep things a secret for some reason. 

So in other words, we got another case of "damn if you do, damned if you don't".

Business as usual with GN'R fans.

I don't think there's any evidence of him trying to keep a secret. He's not stupid. Last time he said an album would be out, he got called a liar by certain people.

/jarmo

No, I wouldn't call it a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' kind of a situation. I assume that people will be happy if Axl would insist that a new record will be coming up in a reasonable amount of time. Apart from that we have been talking about 'vague' statements regarding a possible follow-up to CD and not about possible scenarios which might happen to turn out bad for Axl or GNR.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1362 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »

I assume that people will be happy if Axl would insist that a new record will be coming up in a reasonable amount of time.

As I said, the man's not stupid. He's not gonna insist on something that's not 100% in his control!

Last time he hoped to have something out, it was taken as a promise. Even though he said it wasn't.

How quickly some forget.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1363 on: April 08, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »

I assume that people will be happy if Axl would insist that a new record will be coming up in a reasonable amount of time.

As I said, the man's not stupid. He's not gonna insist on something that's not 100% in his control!

Last time he hoped to have something out, it was taken as a promise. Even though he said it wasn't.

How quickly some forget.

/jarmo

As I've said I don't think anyone is asking for a specific release date but only about a hint that the wheels are in motion as far as getting a new record out at some point in a not so far future is concerned. Let me employ an ironic examle: Not a single fan is going to sue Axl if the record doesn't come out at a certain point or even at all. It's not like GNR is a company whose stocks go and down depending on what the CEO talks about resulting in the fans losing their money. In that sense it's maybe a good idea to worry a little less about 'people's whining' and their 'opinions' or 'agendas' if certain expectations may not be met.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1364 on: April 08, 2013, 05:01:48 PM »

As I've said I don't think anyone is asking for a specific release date but only about a hint that the wheels are in motion as far as getting a new record out at some point in a not so far future is concerned.

But that's what he said!

New music: "All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years. We'll figure out what we feel best about."

He clearly says the band is writing new songs plus they have songs that were recorded already.

/jarmo

jman2000
Opening Act

« Reply #1365 on: April 08, 2013, 07:05:35 PM »

After they put out all the stuff they had recorded during the Chinese Democracy era, or all they want to put out, I hope they change musical direction as someone said and go back to the roots, and do something like AFD. Not saying I don't like Chinese Democracy, in fact I love it, but as someone stated GNR changes direction a lot with there albums. If they were to change direction, I'd say lean towards AFD or the UYI albums.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1366 on: April 08, 2013, 07:56:49 PM »

Chinese is quite a diverse album in terms of it's direction.  When Bucket and Robin were in the band, they wrote a lot heavier material like Oh my God, Rhaid, Shacklers, Silkworms and TWAT. ect. Then you had a more ballad type song, Madagascar but largely follows a similar theme on it's scale and high production values.

But then you have songs like IRS, Street of dreams, Catcher and If the world which could comfortably fit on the illusion albums, so to me, those songs do have that original roots feel to them.

Now it's a new band, songs will undoubtedly follow a new direction, which is exciting. I mean, even if they do put out older material written by the Buckethead ERA I'm sure the new band will put there on spin on it. Just look at how Chinese Democracy was played live back then, to how it is now.

Regarding a new album, I think Axl knows he isn't just another band that can chuck out 12 songs every 2 years. There is a legacy of material he has to honour and match. Illusions and Chinese are highly produced albums, there's lots of effects in those songs, lots going on to create these big songs, especially the ballads, like TWAT, Prostitute, Nov Rain or Estranged. Great songs take time to produce.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1367 on: April 08, 2013, 08:56:48 PM »

Id like to see a stripped down EP of original songs with minimal production. Get all the guys in studio and hit record, keep it to a few takes and minimal overdubs.  Or maybe something like a modern day Lies.  To hold us over until the next full album with all the bells and whistles.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jman2000
Opening Act

« Reply #1368 on: April 08, 2013, 09:51:03 PM »

Id like to see a stripped down EP of original songs with minimal production. Get all the guys in studio and hit record, keep it to a few takes and minimal overdubs.  Or maybe something like a modern day Lies.  To hold us over until the next full album with all the bells and whistles.

They seem to have a few songs like that already, or at least one, considering Going Down is said to be an acoustic song.
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1369 on: April 09, 2013, 02:00:08 AM »

As I've said I don't think anyone is asking for a specific release date but only about a hint that the wheels are in motion as far as getting a new record out at some point in a not so far future is concerned.

But that's what he said!

New music: "All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years. We'll figure out what we feel best about."

He clearly says the band is writing new songs plus they have songs that were recorded already.

/jarmo

And the original discussion topic between you and me was about 'vague' statements concernong a follow-up album to CD. Something you denied. I agree with you that Axl comfirmed a follow-up to CD. But what he said about it is just that - vague. The fact that Axl sits on a couple of songs is also common knowledge among fans. No need to single out sentences from my posts instead of dealing with the whole argument...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1370 on: April 09, 2013, 07:39:09 AM »

Define "wheels in motion as far as getting a new record out".

Maybe it's too vague for me since I misunderstood it. I thought having songs ready, band members writing new songs and having Axl talking about it meant the wheels were in motion.

I suppose your wheels move according to different rules, so please explain.

/jarmo

Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1371 on: April 09, 2013, 08:16:08 AM »

a hint that the wheels are in motion as far as getting a new record out at some point in a not so far future is concerned

You need to read the whole sentence. From start to finish. Not only the parts which suit argumentation which, again, drifts away from what we're talking about in the first place. It's not about hinting that the GNR camp wants to work on/works on getting a new record out. I believe that they do and that's really great and fine. It's just that such projects may take quite some time in the GNR world as we all know. You claim they're (specifically Axl) not being vague about a future release. I say they/he are/is.

Considering everything Axl has said in the recent past about new material + taking into consideration what Bubmblefoot said concerning a new record, nothing points to the fact that a new GNR record will come out during the next 12 month, which most people would regard as a quick release by GNR-standards. It would be great if a new record would come out this or early next year, don't get me wrong.

As far as your definition for "wheels in motion..." goes: Axl did have an album of songs and everything ready a long time before CD finally came out so I suppose his wheels are the ones that move according to different rules.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:19:25 AM by Dok » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1372 on: April 09, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »

It's just that such projects may take quite some time in the GNR world as we all know. You claim they're (specifically Axl) not being vague about a future release. I say they/he are/is.

And there you go.

You attack him for being "vague", yet you are fully aware of how things work.
You know that last time he set a date for a release, it didn't happen the way he had hoped. He wasn't "vague" and look what happened.

You just want to eat the cake and have it too. You want something concrete, but then again you don't want it because if things happen and the concrete plans don't materialize, that's not good either.

Just another case of "Axl said this, but I hoped he had said that even though I know from the past that saying that isn't necessarily a good idea either".

Considering everything Axl has said in the recent past about new material + taking into consideration what Bubmblefoot said concerning a new record, nothing points to the fact that a new GNR record will come out during the next 12 month, which most people would regard as a quick release by GNR-standards. It would be great if a new record would come out this or early next year, don't get me wrong.

Funny.
You could say that without reading/hearing any comments from anybody.

It's called being pessimistic.

Which is fine. No need to find excuses for it.

As far as your definition for "wheels in motion..." goes: Axl did have an album of songs and everything ready a long time before CD finally came out so I suppose his wheels are the ones that move according to different rules.

I'm not the one who "attacks" Axl's comments because they don't suit my definition of news I want to hear.

Yes, they were and that's one of the things the media has kept going on and on about. Didn't you notice?

/jarmo

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1373 on: April 09, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »

Based on my complex calculations and analysis of all available evidence, we are heading for another November release!!!  beer

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1374 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »

It's just that such projects may take quite some time in the GNR world as we all know. You claim they're (specifically Axl) not being vague about a future release. I say they/he are/is.

And there you go.

You attack him for being "vague", yet you are fully aware of how things work.
You know that last time he set a date for a release, it didn't happen the way he had hoped. He wasn't "vague" and look what happened.

You just want to eat the cake and have it too. You want something concrete, but then again you don't want it because if things happen and the concrete plans don't materialize, that's not good either.

Just another case of "Axl said this, but I hoped he had said that even though I know from the past that saying that isn't necessarily a good idea either".

Funny.
You could say that without reading/hearing any comments from anybody.

It's called being pessimistic.

Which is fine. No need to find excuses for it.

I'm not the one who "attacks" Axl's comments because they don't suit my definition of news I want to hear.

Yes, they were and that's one of the things the media has kept going on and on about. Didn't you notice?

/jarmo

This is your problem Jarmo, you think everyone is attacking Axl when they make comments or posts that don't suck his dick.  Me saying Axl's comments are vague is not "attacking" him.  His comments regarding future albums ARE vague, plain and simple.  You can try to dissect that all you want.....but the TRUTH is that his comments are vague.  I don't need reasons on why they might be vague.....they're vague! 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1375 on: April 09, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »

What's up with your homoerotic comments as soon as somebody disagrees with your point of view?

Also, I put the word attack in quotes for a reason.

Regarding the point made, I still stand behind what I said. You can disagree with the comments he made, calling them vague is up to you. I do wish however that you'd remember what usually happens when Axl speaks his mind about hopes and/or plans for the future, that then don't materialize for whatever reason.

If you didn't disregard this little nugget of knowledge that you posses, then maybe you wouldn't be so quick on labeling his comments as "vague".

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1376 on: April 09, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »

I remember reading and hearing  a while back that Michael Stipe from REM began to refuse talking about new music because when he did he always got burned by the fans expectations. He wouldn't talk about release dates, how the recording was going, what type of styles the music was, etc....This was later in his career and the fanbase was rabid. I understand that point of view. We all want new music but, in the end, the artist has to live with it....for good and bad as we saw with Chinese. I don't blame Axl at all for refusing to discuss the next album, single release, whatever.....I don't agree with everything our boy does, but when it comes to new music, I have to agree on discussing it before it is a 100% done deal.  Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1377 on: April 09, 2013, 01:21:28 PM »

It's just nice to know that the band at least is working on new stuff (or finished already a lot). So we know for sure, that some day we will hear new music. The sooner, the nicer for us... Just hoping it does not take another 5-6 years :-)

We will never hear an actual release date by the band (or Axl) as long as they don't even know it.
So yes, in that sense, statements about a release date can only be vague. When things become more concrete, I'm sure we will hear it.

peace

release the goddamn album!! We're hungry  Grin

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1378 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:45 PM »

I remember reading and hearing  a while back that Michael Stipe from REM began to refuse talking about new music because when he did he always got burned by the fans expectations. He wouldn't talk about release dates, how the recording was going, what type of styles the music was, etc....This was later in his career and the fanbase was rabid. I understand that point of view. We all want new music but, in the end, the artist has to live with it....for good and bad as we saw with Chinese. I don't blame Axl at all for refusing to discuss the next album, single release, whatever.....I don't agree with everything our boy does, but when it comes to new music, I have to agree on discussing it before it is a 100% done deal.  Undecided

I have to agree. You can also get a lot of misconceptions from someone describing music you haven't heard. I remember Baz describing Sorry as "doom metal" before CD came out. Thankfully when I heard Sorry it was nothing like what I had in mind from that description.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1379 on: April 09, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »

Yep, Stipe said while recording they thought they were going to do a rock record . However, things changed by the time of release and the fans bitched. It wasn't a rock record at all or it certainly wasn't what he/the band had lead people to believe while recording. Best to say nothing until you are ready to drop it. Then, begin your marketing and descriptions of the material. Or, simply let the music speak for itself.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: