Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:38:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679142 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1340 on: April 04, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »

guys, I'm not sure if you already noticed it, but there's no new release coming anytime soon. just saying.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1341 on: April 04, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »

guys, I'm not sure if you already noticed it, but there's no new release coming anytime soon. just saying.

Yeah, but if not for speculation what would anyone have to talk about?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #1342 on: April 04, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »

This is just my opinion, but new album might not be brand, new just written songs. It will probably be the titles Axl mentioned in one of his interviews. Songs like Down By The Ocean, The General, Atlas Shrugged .... Those songs from what I can gather were probably done before BBF and DJ. They're maybe one song that has been written by the current band, but for the most part it could be songs that Axl has completely or close to completed. And that would still be awesome !!!!
Interesting quote from Axl when talking about the Finck situation back in 2008,  "Robin's work on the next is done so there's not lots for him to do here except the elusive promo and he'd rather be on stage. "

and in 2006 on the Eddie Trunk show:

"There two records that the majority of the music is done and the majority of the vocals are done and there half of a record that been worked on"

seems pretty clear to me  Cool

Thanks Giant Robot...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1343 on: April 04, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

From the interviews I've read from the band members over the past month -- some of their plans include...

Tommy Stinson - is heading to Minneapolis to record new material with Paul Westerberg.

Dizzy Reed - plans to complete work on his new solo album.

Richard Fortus - will be recording/promoting the new The Dead Daisies album and touring with the band in Australia and overseas.

DJ Ashba - to continue recording the new SIXX: A.M. album with Nikki Sixx, then tour behind the album.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #1344 on: April 04, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »

Mark: So soon after playing here in Australia, you are coming back, you?ve already played a few dates with The Dead Daisies, but you are coming back to be part of the Aerosmith show. Is that a break in the Guns ?n Roses tour for you?

Richard:
Yes, we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ?n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won?t be for a while.

Mark: How?s the new album coming along?

Richard:
We are working on it! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out.

yes yes

LINK
http://www.therockpit.net/2013/INTERVIEW%20Richard%20Fortus%20Guns%20n%20Roses%20Dead%20Daisies%202013.php

BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1345 on: April 05, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »

Sure do like the way that sounds ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1346 on: April 06, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »

Mark: So soon after playing here in Australia, you are coming back, you?ve already played a few dates with The Dead Daisies, but you are coming back to be part of the Aerosmith show. Is that a break in the Guns ?n Roses tour for you?

Richard:
Yes, we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ?n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won?t be for a while.

Mark: How?s the new album coming along?

Richard:
We are working on it! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out.

yes yes

LINK
http://www.therockpit.net/2013/INTERVIEW%20Richard%20Fortus%20Guns%20n%20Roses%20Dead%20Daisies%202013.php

Numerous fans heard Axl say that "Silkworms" might get released this year, so hopefully Richard's talking about the second Chinese album getting ready for release.  ok
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #1347 on: April 06, 2013, 08:24:31 PM »

WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Sorry just read the Richard comment....

ONLY 3 MORE YEARS UNTIL THE NEW ALBUM!!! hehe......ok I'm sorry...I had to...it was there.....

Can't wait to hear the new stuff.....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1348 on: April 07, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »

People are pulling quotes from left to right and coming to conclusions based on them.

Maybe some already forgot what Axl has said about the subject:

New music: "All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years. We'll figure out what we feel best about. Chinese was done in piecemeal with one person here and one there at different times. Appetite for Destruction was the only thing written with lyrics and melody fitting the guitar parts at the same time. After that, I got a barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to, and I don't know if that was the best thing for Guns. I do want to lean more toward lyrics and melody."

The long wait for Chinese Democracy: "I had to deal with so many other things that don't have to do with music but have to do with the industry. There's such a loss of time. It was more about survival. There wasn't anyone to work with or trust. Someone would come in to help produce and the reality was they just wanted to mix it and get it out the door. They had a different agenda. (The next album) will come out sooner."

USA Today, October 2012

CA: Can we expect new music from GN'R in 2013 by chance?

AR: I can give you a definite maybe.

AdelaideNow, March 6th, 2013

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1349 on: April 07, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »

Hindustan Times: It?s been four years since your last release, Chinese Democracy. Are you working on something new now? When can fans expect your next release?

Axl Rose: Yes, in the future! Ha! GN?R has been in business for almost three decades. Like many other bands, it has also seen many line-up changes.

Hindustan Times, December 5th, 2012

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Music/I-have-always-wanted-to-play-in-India-Axl-Rose/Article1-968621.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1350 on: April 07, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »

just thought about this while going thru so old records

after apetite era we had lies, after illusions era we had spaghetti incident?.
so maybe after chinese era we will have a new ep or record with chinese left overs or/and live stuff, that would be a perfect end of an era. and after that a brand new record.

gnr has always done this. would be great to see something like this again

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1351 on: April 07, 2013, 11:58:19 PM »

People are pulling quotes from left to right and coming to conclusions based on them.

New music: "All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years. We'll figure out what we feel best about. Chinese was done in piecemeal with one person here and one there at different times. Appetite for Destruction was the only thing written with lyrics and melody fitting the guitar parts at the same time. After that, I got a barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to, and I don't know if that was the best thing for Guns. I do want to lean more toward lyrics and melody."

The long wait for Chinese Democracy: "I had to deal with so many other things that don't have to do with music but have to do with the industry. There's such a loss of time. It was more about survival. There wasn't anyone to work with or trust. Someone would come in to help produce and the reality was they just wanted to mix it and get it out the door. They had a different agenda. (The next album) will come out sooner."

USA Today, October 2012

/jarmo

No we didn't forget these vague comments at all.  But they are just that, vague. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #1352 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:48 AM »

USA Today, October 2012

/jarmo

Let's not forget Axl's other words, "I don't know if soon is the word."

I don't pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes with GNR, but music being released quickly has never been one of their hallmarks.

Without firm plans and a firm release date, as we eventually got with ChiDem, I don't see ChiDem II or whatever they may call it, as likely any time any reasonable person considers "soon".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:21:30 AM by Conan » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1353 on: April 08, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »

That wasn't a quote in relation to the topic.

No we didn't forget these vague comments at all.  But they are just that, vague. 

Vague? How do you make all of that out to be vague?

Because he didn't announce a release date set in stone?

How is this vague: "(The next album) will come out sooner."?

It's pretty clear. In simple English.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #1354 on: April 08, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »

Compared to the time it took to get CD out it would be stupid (as far a a new record release is concerned) to say anything other than that it'll come out 'sooner' than CD did. I'd pretty much call this a vague argument after all because a new record "coming out sooner" (than CD) can mean anything from 5 month to 15 years...
I guess people don't even want Axl to say a new record will come out in, let's say, six month, but rather something like it'll come out sometime in the next two years. Sure, he don't have to announce anything but people will ask for it anyway.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1355 on: April 08, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »

That wasn't a quote in relation to the topic.

Vague? How do you make all of that out to be vague?

Because he didn't announce a release date set in stone?

How is this vague: "(The next album) will come out sooner."?

It's pretty clear. In simple English.  Wink

/jarmo

Read Dok's post above.  Also, when someone says "soon", I take that as something being released much earlier than 6-8 years down the road.  This is what happened with CD.  So the fact that Axl said the "next album will come out sooner", could mean anything from 1-6 years.  Yes, to me that is vague and NOT simple english.  I'm not expecting a exact date to be said, but with Axl, it's always....."soon", "sooner", "definite maybe', etc.  It's like he tries to keep things a secret for some reason. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1356 on: April 08, 2013, 02:06:31 PM »

I'm not expecting a exact date to be said, but with Axl, it's always....."soon", "sooner", "definite maybe', etc.  It's like he tries to keep things a secret for some reason. 

I don't think he's keeping anything a secret. But if you don't have a release date set and aren't sure what the record company might have in mind, then you're just running the risk of making an empty promise by being anymore specific than he's been. I have a hunch that the relationship between Axl and Universal isn't great but that's mostly speculation.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #1357 on: April 08, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »

I believe an album of new material this year.

A release of GNR is not so simple, but it looks like the Chinese Democracy tour came to an end
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1358 on: April 08, 2013, 02:15:08 PM »

A release of GNR is not so simple, but it looks like the Chinese Democracy tour came to an end

I wouldn't say the Chinese Democracy tour has ended. They've still got dates booked and there are rumors on other forums of another South American run coming up.

Erick
Headliner

« Reply #1359 on: April 08, 2013, 02:32:36 PM »

I wouldn't say the Chinese Democracy tour has ended. They've still got dates booked and there are rumors on other forums of another South American run coming up.

Every time Axl will release new music he comes to Brazil, it's lucky for GNR

Rock n Rio 1991 (Illusions released in September of the same year), 2001 (he had intended to release CD in 2002).

remember listening Madagascar and The Blues (SOD) in the show's rock n rio 2001 (I was there) and think "that wonderful music
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: