Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:18:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678948 times)
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #1320 on: April 02, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »

I am the only one that wants to see CD re-released on a good vinyl pressing with the intended album art & writing credits before we get anything else?

Thanks Giant Robot...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1321 on: April 02, 2013, 12:57:28 PM »

I know, you're just too cool for this world.

Kiss

I am the only one that wants to see CD re-released on a good vinyl pressing with the intended album art & writing credits before we get anything else?

I'd love to see that. A proper edition.

But whether or not it'll happen, before or after the next album, that's not really important.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1322 on: April 02, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »

One thing I remember Axl stating was that he really wanted to tour Chinese Democracy properly, and give it time to breath. I think that the time has come where Chinese Democracy has done all it is going to do, and that's not a bad thing. It really has been toured all over the world, and has left it's mark on the music world for generations to come.

I'm going to get loads of Chinese Democracy related tattoos' because it will always be MY album so to speak, it's my life.  love

but in saying that, GN'R needs to begin the next chapter and I hope a new album surfaces within the next 2 years at least.  Wink
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1323 on: April 02, 2013, 06:41:53 PM »

I'd love to see that. A proper edition.

But whether or not it'll happen, before or after the next album, that's not really important.

/jarmo
wasent there a misprint of some kind on the u.s. vinyl version?
mine from europe looks and souds great (just sayin)

since this is a fantasy thread ill throw mine.
i would love to see a chinese ''deluxe edition'' with most of the un-used song made in that period, plus alt artwork ect.
and then to have a brand new album with brand new songs.

i think that chinese ''deluxe'' could really be a possibility, but i doubt that it will come out before atleast 10 years (which is fine)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:47:48 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1324 on: April 02, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »

I think that the time has come where Chinese Democracy has done all it is going to do, and that's not a bad thing. It really has been toured all over the world, and has left it's mark on the music world for generations to come.

Not in Africa though? A couple of South African gigs and then a little gig in Antarctica, there are plenty of researchers to make up a proper audience, and then a new album peace
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1325 on: April 02, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »

I think that the time has come where Chinese Democracy has done all it is going to do, and that's not a bad thing. It really has been toured all over the world, and has left it's mark on the music world for generations to come.

Not in Africa though? A couple of South African gigs and then a little gig in Antarctica, there are plenty of researchers to make up a proper audience, and then a new album peace

I would love for Guns N' Roses to bring the Chinese Democracy tour to Africa, but I think if it was to happen it would have done so already. I remember Axl saying how the band are always trying to make Africa happen, but it never seems to fall in place.  Undecided
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1326 on: April 03, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »

Mark: So soon after playing here in Australia, you are coming back, you?ve already played a few dates with The Dead Daisies, but you are coming back to be part of the Aerosmith show. Is that a break in the Guns ?n Roses tour for you?

Richard: Yes, we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ?n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won?t be for a while.

Mark: How?s the new album coming along?

Richard: We are working on it! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out.

http://www.therockpit.net/2013/INTERVIEW%20Richard%20Fortus%20Guns%20n%20Roses%20Dead%20Daisies%202013.php

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Shiratamaniax
Headliner

« Reply #1327 on: April 03, 2013, 08:32:17 AM »

Mark: So soon after playing here in Australia, you are coming back, you?ve already played a few dates with The Dead Daisies, but you are coming back to be part of the Aerosmith show. Is that a break in the Guns ?n Roses tour for you?

Richard: Yes, we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ?n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won?t be for a while.

Mark: How?s the new album coming along?

Richard: We are working on it! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out.

http://www.therockpit.net/2013/INTERVIEW%20Richard%20Fortus%20Guns%20n%20Roses%20Dead%20Daisies%202013.php

/jarmo

:-*Good news!!

ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ 銃&薔薇ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1328 on: April 03, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »

Apparently this new album is being worked on without any involvement from Bumblefoot

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #1329 on: April 03, 2013, 10:45:29 AM »

about 80% of africa right now is so fucked up that it wont happen anytime soon

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #1330 on: April 03, 2013, 10:46:24 AM »

Apparently this new album is being worked on without any involvement from Bumblefoot
why?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1331 on: April 03, 2013, 10:47:23 AM »

Cause he said that nothing is being done recording wise

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1332 on: April 03, 2013, 11:02:52 AM »

Doesn't mean band members aren't working on material that could end up on the next album.

/jarmo

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1333 on: April 03, 2013, 11:48:58 AM »

Snap!!!...  hihi

But in all seriousness, it's good to hear from Richard regarding this but isn't it all things we've heard before?. I remember Tommy saying in the early 2000's that Chinese Democracy should be out the following year, then people like Dizzy saying that progress is good and it won't be long in around 2005. So it's nice to hear this from Richard but after what Ron said, I can't see it being anywhere near complete yet... but I may be wrong I suppose.

I'd just guess that Ron would be giving off the same vibes Richard is, if it was the case that a release is as close as he said... Ron never seemed positive about the whole thing at all, did he?.  Roll Eyes
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1334 on: April 03, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »

Doesn't mean band members aren't working on material that could end up on the next album.

/jarmo

Right, but it seems unrealistic regarding a release next year, if you listen to bumble's words from a couple weeks ago

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1335 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »

This is just my opinion, but new album might not be brand, new just written songs. It will probably be the titles Axl mentioned in one of his interviews. Songs like Down By The Ocean, The General, Atlas Shrugged .... Those songs from what I can gather were probably done before BBF and DJ. They're maybe one song that has been written by the current band, but for the most part it could be songs that Axl has completely or close to completed. And that would still be awesome !!!!

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1336 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »

This is just my opinion, but new album might not be brand, new just written songs. It will probably be the titles Axl mentioned in one of his interviews. Songs like Down By The Ocean, The General, Atlas Shrugged .... Those songs from what I can gather were probably done before BBF and DJ. They're maybe one song that has been written by the current band, but for the most part it could be songs that Axl has completely or close to completed. And that would still be awesome !!!!

You're right that would still be awesome!

To clarify for some others on here who either don't get it or just look for a reason to bitch, when GNR releases a song they have never released before that is a NEW song, regardless of when it was written or recorded.  If you have never heard it, it is new.  "November Rain" and "Don't Cry"  were new songs when they came out in 1991, nobody complained about them being written in the 80's or refused to call them new.  Then again people were much cooler and seemed to bitch a lot less back then.  Stupid internet.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1337 on: April 03, 2013, 01:23:02 PM »

To clarify for some others on here who either don't get it or just look for a reason to bitch, when GNR releases a song they have never released before that is a NEW song, regardless of when it was written or recorded.  If you have never heard it, it is new.  "November Rain" and "Don't Cry"  were new songs when they came out in 1991, nobody complained about them being written in the 80's or refused to call them new.  Then again people were much cooler and seemed to bitch a lot less back then.  Stupid internet.

It could be that the people "bitching" just aren't that excited about the prospect of hearing the players involved in the "new" songs that have been in the can for 10 plus years.
Maybe they are more interested in hearing what the current, essentially altogether different band of players has to offer.

Personally, I guess it doesn't matter either way. Axl has been the main if not only draw to GN'R for me since the classic lineup dissolved.
Chinese Democracy lowered my expectations, so I hope to be pleasantly surprised by any future releases that might come to pass.
oreilly1234
Opening Act

« Reply #1338 on: April 04, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1339 on: April 04, 2013, 09:07:05 AM »

it is well known that Bumble played on a lot of songs that did not make it on Chinese....Atlas, The General etc....he left his mark and would not be needed if Axl intends to release the leftover Chinese material.  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: