Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:23:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678994 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1300 on: March 27, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »

well, he said CD would come out in March 2006 (or was it 2007?). And we know what happened

I'm not blaming Axl (in case jarmo is trying to jump on this as usual), but saying that you shouldnt get your hopes up. Also i wouldnt understand why they would release a Song thats almost 15 years old

I so wish guns n roses would prove you wrong....I cannot envisage a release soon either but would be gladly put to shame!

It's been a long tour and I think it's a good time to release, a couple years break would feel like the brakes are on again....

If I was a betting man I'd say that a new album won't come out until another 1-3 years. And then unless the next album follows really quick, I would also guess (the next album to CD) would also serve as GN'Rs' last album of original material.  Embarrassed

I wish I was wrong, but if I'm honest with myself I don't see it any other way.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1301 on: March 27, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »

well, he said CD would come out in March 2006 (or was it 2007?). And we know what happened

I'm not blaming Axl (in case jarmo is trying to jump on this as usual), but saying that you shouldnt get your hopes up. Also i wouldnt understand why they would release a Song thats almost 15 years old
November Rain was well over 10 years in the making by the time it was released.  Don't Cry was more than 5 years old.  Van Halen had songs that were more than 30 years old on their last album.  The age of songs, doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1302 on: March 27, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »

but silkworms has already been played 12 years ago live.and then never since.
november rain was first played live the same year it was released

releasing it now would be bollocks, since its not such of a good song anyway

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #1303 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »

Ya know I've got to be honest. I wasn't really a silkworms fan either. It just wasn't a GnR song from what we'd heard. I'd rather hear stuff that the current lineup is banging out, not that song.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1304 on: March 27, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »

Ya know I've got to be honest. I wasn't really a silkworms fan either. It just wasn't a GnR song from what we'd heard. I'd rather hear stuff that the current lineup is banging out, not that song.
RIR performance on youtube is pretty good...the song has decent components, but it suffers from Chris Pitmans touch (IMO)...the intro turns me off - just like CD/Scraped/Riadh (all songs I really like but skip the intro), etc.   

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1305 on: March 28, 2013, 01:58:01 PM »

but silkworms has already been played 12 years ago live.and then never since.
november rain was first played live the same year it was released

releasing it now would be bollocks, since its not such of a good song anyway
I don't disagree about the quality of the song.  I wasn't a fan of the live versions I've heard.  BUT, I'm not sure you can base the quality of a song off of a few live versions.  I was never a huge fan of Chinese Democracy the song, until I heard the studio version.  To a lesser extent, the same goes for Riad and the Bedouins.  And I still don't think it matters how old a song is.  If it's a good song, it's good, regardless of its age.  Now obviously you don't have high expectations for the song, and that's fine.  But that's separate from the age of the song.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #1306 on: April 01, 2013, 08:48:51 PM »

CA: Can we expect new music from GN'R in 2013 by chance?

AR: I can give you a definite maybe.

Just remembering how I would've reacted to reading this years ago......................whew, so glad I'm in a much better place now with it all.  Before CD, I would've hung on every word and checked for news every single day.  Would've dreamed about it, etc.

Played that game for 14 years with Chinese Democracy.  Not doing it again.  I think CD finally coming out in '08 and me finally seeing GN'R live in Chicago in Nov '11 closed that chapter of my life.

If/when a new album comes out, I'll buy it.  Till then, I'll be happy to take Axl's advice from some years ago about just living my life and not worrying about it.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1307 on: April 02, 2013, 05:10:52 AM »

Just remembering how I would've reacted to reading this years ago......................whew, so glad I'm in a much better place now with it all.  Before CD, I would've hung on every word and checked for news every single day.  Would've dreamed about it, etc.

Played that game for 14 years with Chinese Democracy.  Not doing it again.  I think CD finally coming out in '08 and me finally seeing GN'R live in Chicago in Nov '11 closed that chapter of my life.

If/when a new album comes out, I'll buy it.  Till then, I'll be happy to take Axl's advice from some years ago about just living my life and not worrying about it.

haha.. i agree.. with you Lord Kayoss!

Im checking in for news from day to day, but not only GNR news.. Music news in general. For me the next Tool album is the most interesting thing happening  now, and i check out if there is any news on it once in a while.. But with Tool i know they have been recording and are working on a new album. With GNR we dont know if there are any albumplans in the near future.. so i dont have any big hopes yet.. when time is in, it will be great
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:16:13 AM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1308 on: April 02, 2013, 07:04:02 AM »

"Keeping it real: Guns n? Roses bassist Tommy Stinson might be playing with a world renowned rock band, but he still maintains a profile as a garage punk pioneer.
In an interview on Monday morning at the JW Marriott hotel in Kuala Lumpur, the easy-going Stinson, 46, joked that he has yet to see a long-service watch from Axl Rose, but he isn?t too fussed.

?I was just waking up today, and thinking, man, that?s a long time to be in any band,? said Stinson, shaking his head in disbelief, of his 16 years with one of rock music?s most storied bands.

Over his second cup of coffee of the morning, the bassist, who hails from Minneapolis, Minnesota in the United States, was more than eager to talk about his career in Guns n? Roses and also his illustrious past with garage punk pioneers The Replacements in the 1980s.
(...)
?We need to start thinking about making a new record. You know, it?s due. We?ve been travelling around the world and touring behind this one record for long enough,? said Stinson. ?I really don?t know if there?s a lot more touring we can do behind this record that we haven?t done already ... twice even! It?s probably a good time to get back and write some new songs.?

?Hopefully , each of us will write a song or two, throw them in the mix, then we all get together in one studio ... in short span of time, hopefully. That would be the goal. No one has 10 more years to spend making a record, you know.? "

Stop talking and start acting!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1309 on: April 02, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »

What's your point?
Oh wait, there isn't one.

More of the same "I know what's going on because I read the Internet" crap.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #1310 on: April 02, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »

What's your point?

More of the same "I know what's going on because I read the Internet" crap.  Tongue

/jarmo

I read the internet today and I went to my local record store. There isn't any new music from Guns N' Roses available in either. So whatever has been going on, it certainly hasn't been releasing new music.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1311 on: April 02, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

What's your point?

/jarmo

Uhm, i don't really get what your point is.

I was just pointing out, that GNR members have been talking about wanting to record for years now, without actually doing so

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1312 on: April 02, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »

All these "demands" for new music under the guise of there being a demand for it is fun and all.

But you, I and the attention seeking sad keyboard warrior to your left all know it isn't that simple.

There's no Swiss Army solution for this "dilemma". GN'R could put out an album tomorrow and we all know it won't please certain people. Many of whom are "demanding" the album the most.

That's why I have a hard time taking some of these posts seriously. Because I know the second it's released, they'll be there telling the world what's "wrong" with the music in their "honest opinion". Like their opinion matters more than those who enjoy the music. Since we all know those who enjoy what the band does are all "blind followers" who can't think for themselves.

Uhm, i don't really get what your point is.

I was just pointing out, that GNR members have been talking about wanting to record for years now, without actually doing so

And as I said, just by reading the Internet, you don't know what's been said, done and planned between the band members....  Smiley

Wanting and hoping are not promises.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1313 on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »

All these "demands" for new music under the guise of there being a demand for it is fun and all.

But you, I and the attention seeking sad keyboard warrior to your left all know it isn't that simple.

There's no Swiss Army solution for this "dilemma". GN'R could put out an album tomorrow and we all know it won't please certain people. Many of whom are "demanding" the album the most.

That's why I have a hard time taking some of these posts seriously. Because I know the second it's released, they'll be there telling the world what's "wrong" with the music in their "honest opinion". Like their opinion matters more than those who enjoy the music. Since we all know those who enjoy what the band does are all "blind followers" who can't think for themselves.

I think people are just expressing interest in hearing music from Guns they haven't heard yet. Even if it's material that's already been recorded. Nobody is promising they're going to love it (or hate it). I don't see what's so wrong in people expressing an interest in more music from Guns. Quite frankly, people in the Guns circle should be glad to hear the interest and curiosity is still out there to some degree.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1314 on: April 02, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »

You're doing it again.

I didn't say there's anything wrong with wanting to hear new music from GN'R!

That's a positive thing.

The issue is the fact that some people turn the positive into a negative. It becomes something dark. The want becomes a demand. And all this negativity is used against the band and its members.

That's just ridiculous.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1315 on: April 02, 2013, 10:40:50 AM »

let's say that's great news that Beta & Axl said there will maybe an album at the end of the year.  ok

read that as a mantra and stop whining, harcore psychotic GNR "fans"

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1316 on: April 02, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »

haha.. i agree.. with you Lord Kayoss!

Im checking in for news from day to day, but not only GNR news.. Music news in general. For me the next Tool album is the most interesting thing happening  now, and i check out if there is any news on it once in a while.. But with Tool i know they have been recording and are working on a new album. With GNR we dont know if there are any albumplans in the near future.. so i dont have any big hopes yet.. when time is in, it will be great

I'm with both of you! however Nytunz, here's a link for you about what Maynard has said about new Tool music  Undecided http://loudwire.com/maynard-james-keenan-tool-will-not-release-new-album-2013/
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1317 on: April 02, 2013, 11:16:18 AM »

You're doing it again.

I didn't say there's anything wrong with wanting to hear new music from GN'R!

That's a positive thing.

The issue is the fact that some people turn the positive into a negative. It becomes something dark. The want becomes a demand. And all this negativity is used against the band and its members.

That's just ridiculous.

/jarmo

Nobody, at least i, wasn't "demanding" anything, Mr. Big Shot

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1318 on: April 02, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »

Did I single you out?

No need to try to insult me with your attempt at sarcasm.
You'll just fail.  ok

/jarmo

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1319 on: April 02, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »

I know, you're just too cool for this world.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:52:25 PM by xBrownstonex » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: