Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:19:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678849 times)
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #1280 on: March 20, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »

Im sure there will be a new album in the following years 13,14.SURE.What really worries me is Axls voice,in chinese democracy is superb,the begining of street of dreams with that rasp smoking but right now,i dont see Axl putting and superb performance in an album.Maybe he is saving his voice,butt.....i dont know.Its being a long time since i dont see full awesome show from Axl,the band is great btw.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1281 on: March 20, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »

Ive read on one of the boards that when asked about new music, Beta has in the last few days answered 'sure, later this year'

Let's hope this turns out to be true!!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1282 on: March 20, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »

I agree, times have changed...  No matter how great the follow up to C.D is I think it will flop and Axl will have to rely on the "nostalgia" market of touring(which is going to be hard to do without the original line up)

Rubbish- Taking Guns N'Roses on the road will always be profitable. You've also got to remember Axl will be taking a good chunk of the profit as I presume the band is on a wage.

And the album will be a flop?? Chinese was the the number 1 worldwide selling album the week it was released. It sold 261,000 in it's debut week in the US.
Just to put that in context this week Bon Jovi's latest studio album went to number 1 having sold 96,000 copies in its first week on sale and David Bowie shifted 85,000 copies of his album to score number 2.

Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters and the like are not out selling 'Chinese Democracy' as far as I can tell so why is it constantly being referred to as a flop?? You can't possibly judge it against 'Use Your Illusion' as that was a different time.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1283 on: March 20, 2013, 07:32:28 PM »

"Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters and the like are not out selling 'Chinese Democracy' as far as I can tell so why is it constantly being referred to as a flop??"

The people who repeatedly call it a flop are the same no-talent wannabe-rockstar critics/writers that write pieces tearing apart performances they didn't even attend...the "it was so laaaaaaate, half the audience left" types...they will judge everything GnR put out by the "Appetite" standard.  Why do we NEVER hear what a 'flop' Slash's albums are...or Duff, Izzy? Because they are not GnR (albums) and are not held to the GnR/Appetite standard.  If you need affirmation from the music media types, you would be better off following Justin Bieber or whatever crap the industry is pushing this week.  As an aside, I can't help but notice that we have an overabundance of what I refer to as 'douchebag' music on the radio/top 40...much like the pre-GnR 80's pop scene.  The time is right for GnR to blow us all away - again - with a kick-ass new album!!! 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:35:22 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #1284 on: March 21, 2013, 06:25:41 AM »

If flop means bad, that its not true,chinese democracy is a good album.But i dont consider it as a masterpiece,is far from that,but there are at least 5 or 6 really good songs.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1285 on: March 21, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »

If flop means bad, that its not true,chinese democracy is a good album.But i dont consider it as a masterpiece,is far from that,but there are at least 5 or 6 really good songs.
The use of the term "Flop" is usually tied to sales vs. expectations...expectations that, in this case, are tied to the music media's unrealistic measurement of sales vs. past performance.  No realist would call CD a flop vs. its peers.  Again, if you have been a fan of this band for any amount of time you have to understand that there is an anti-Axl bias, based on years of built up bullshit...thats why a positive story about GnR is "newsworthy" on this site! ...and notice almost every positive review includes a line about how the writer expected something less, a later show, poor vocals...etc?

I think if there were a planetary alignment for a new album - it is happening as we speak...anything new, will be something big!!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1286 on: March 22, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »

I agree, times have changed...  No matter how great the follow up to C.D is I think it will flop and Axl will have to rely on the "nostalgia" market of touring(which is going to be hard to do without the original line up)

Rubbish- Taking Guns N'Roses on the road will always be profitable. You've also got to remember Axl will be taking a good chunk of the profit as I presume the band is on a wage.

And the album will be a flop?? Chinese was the the number 1 worldwide selling album the week it was released. It sold 261,000 in it's debut week in the US.
Just to put that in context this week Bon Jovi's latest studio album went to number 1 having sold 96,000 copies in its first week on sale and David Bowie shifted 85,000 copies of his album to score number 2.

Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters and the like are not out selling 'Chinese Democracy' as far as I can tell so why is it constantly being referred to as a flop?? You can't possibly judge it against 'Use Your Illusion' as that was a different time.

True, but in the same context, you can't really compare albums sold today with Chinese Democracy's sales in 2008 either.  The music industry is regressing with each passing day, at least in terms of album sales.  I'd be shocked if any follow up GNR album came anywhere close to selling 261,000 in its first week.  Pleasantly so, but shocked nonetheless. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1287 on: March 22, 2013, 01:00:38 PM »

well theres about 11 thousand of us on this board... so they will sell at least that   hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1288 on: March 23, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »

well theres about 11 thousand of us on this board...
No there's not.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1289 on: March 24, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »

from gnr frances twitter.

Guns N' Roses France‏@gnrfrance5m
Axl a declare a des fans qui lui ont dit qu'ils adorent la chanson #silkworms (outtake de Chinese) que GN'R pense sortir ca en 2013...

in english:
axl annouced to some of his fans who said that they love the song silkworms (chinese outtake) that gnr might release it 2013
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:15:42 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1290 on: March 24, 2013, 07:13:47 AM »

Axl a declare a des fans qui lui ont dit qu'ils adorent la chanson #silkworms (outtake de Chinese) que GN'R pense sortir ca en 2013...

in english:
axl annouced to some of his fans who said that they love the song silkworms (chinese outtake) the gnr might release it 2013
What does this pertain to?, was it a recent fan interaction with Axl?... In any case, awesome news that this song is still on the radar in regards to being released. I always thought a recorded version of this song would absolutely rock, hope we get to hear it "soon".
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:16:13 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1291 on: March 24, 2013, 07:54:39 AM »

in english:
axl annouced to some of his fans who said that they love the song silkworms (chinese outtake) the gnr might release it 2013
What does this pertain to?, was it a recent fan interaction with Axl?... In any case, awesome news that this song is still on the radar in regards to being released. I always thought a recorded version of this song would absolutely rock, hope we get to hear it "soon".

This: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197779-gunns-exclusive-2-gunns-gets-axl-rose-to-talk-about-new-music/
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #1292 on: March 27, 2013, 04:48:01 AM »

in english:
axl annouced to some of his fans who said that they love the song silkworms (chinese outtake) that gnr might release it 2013

That would be great. I want to hear. Was listening to fan podcast http://m.sl/gnr3.mp3 and the hosts talked about hearing the new Silkworms. Hope it comes out this year.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1293 on: March 27, 2013, 11:56:28 AM »

If Axl says it "might" be released in 2013, it means it will definetely not be released 2013. Have you learned nothing from the past?
I'm betting 50$ it will not be released within the next 5-10 years, if ever

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1294 on: March 27, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »

I have come to realize that I am in the minority here...

I like Chinese Democracy... by no means do i view it as a masterpiece like a lot of people on this site do

I also view it is an Axl Rose solo piece... i know people take offense to that view here as well...and a future release of older songs would be even more of that

but I  as much as I still would like to hear the follow up to CD... ive recently realized i dont need it either... whatever he wants to do at this point in his life... well hes certainly entitled

hes just a rock n roll singer.. nothing more important than that

and i really think its great that  alot of us still have an interest or a desire... and ill always catch them play when they are in my neck of woods

so in summary i am no longer obsessed about the topic !  and all would be better off if they go that route!  its cool to come here and read the setlists and the reviews..and the more people who just accept it for what it is... the better

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1295 on: March 27, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »

If Axl says it "might" be released in 2013, it means it will definetely not be released 2013. Have you learned nothing from the past?
I'm betting 50$ it will not be released within the next 5-10 years, if ever

If Axl says might.. then the only interpretation we can make of it is.. might... what Axl have said in the past, and what actually happend cant be treated like empirical evidence...   hihi

I Would rather say it like this.. Axl knows that Chinese Democracy took a loong time. And i dont belive he would say much about future releases if he didnt concider the chances better then back in the days when he talked about CD. he would keep quiet longer this time around.. soo.. might is the word...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1296 on: March 27, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »

well, he said CD would come out in March 2006 (or was it 2007?). And we know what happened

I'm not blaming Axl (in case jarmo is trying to jump on this as usual), but saying that you shouldnt get your hopes up. Also i wouldnt understand why they would release a Song thats almost 15 years old

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1297 on: March 27, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »

well, he said CD would come out in March 2006 (or was it 2007?). And we know what happened

In his defense he said that "was not a promise, lie or a guarantee".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1298 on: March 27, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »

In his defense he said that "was not a promise, lie or a guarantee".

That part of the quote is lost in discourse...  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1299 on: March 27, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »

I'm not blaming Axl (in case jarmo is trying to jump on this as usual), but saying that you shouldnt get your hopes up. Also i wouldnt understand why they would release a Song thats almost 15 years old

I so wish guns n roses would prove you wrong....I cannot envisage a release soon either but would be gladly put to shame!

It's been a long tour and I think it's a good time to release, a couple years break would feel like the brakes are on again....

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: