Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:10:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678562 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1240 on: March 08, 2013, 12:24:18 AM »

It's kind of sobering to think that the "new music" is now anywhere from 6 to 10 years old already. Man, time flies and I am getting old.
I think the "definite maybe" is 99 percent maybe and 1 percent definite. In other words, don't hold your breath.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1241 on: March 08, 2013, 12:28:42 AM »

Maybe we get to hear 'new music' live.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1242 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:52 AM »

Like many fans, I would be very happy for Guns to put out the rest of the Chinese era stuff. I love the current band but the music already recorded has to be heard IMO. This is a part of Guns history.

And Bumble, Frank, DJ and Fortus will no doubt appear on these tracks. Bumble himself said that be has laid down tunes for stuff not in Chinese. So CDII will be representative of the current guys IMO. New tracks written by the current band could be something great to look forward to, whilst we are rockin to tunes like The General, and Atlas!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #1243 on: March 08, 2013, 06:38:00 AM »

I don't know, bud.
We must live in different time zones.

When comparing the productivity of GN'R eras, there is no comparison.
One was, one isn't.

Any way you slice it, Lies is an official release. It happened.
How many people do you know personally that were listening to Live Like a Suicide before AFD broke?
Not many. Lies was "new" to most fans upon it's release.

There was a gap between Lies and UYI, but not in the same stratosphere of gaps between UYI(or Spaghetti) and Chinese.
When UYI was released, it was 2 albums of material.
5 releases, 7 years.

Throw out Spaghetti if you'd like, as it's not GN'R originals.
Live Era and Greatest Hits were released post classic Guns, yes, but the material has nothing to do with the current lineup, so they don't help your argument.

Keep it bare bones if you'd like.

GN'R '87-'93, AFD, Lies, UYI & II = 4 releases

GN'R '96-'13 Chinese Democracy = 1 release

4 beats 1 by my math.

We're talking at cross purposes here. I wasn't comparing productivity. I was providing examples to show AXLGNR why I feel things aren't as different to how it was "back in the day" as people are carrying on about. Yes of course GNR Lies was an official release, but there's also no doubt it was released to "tie people over" until another album could be finished (or albums it turned out) rather than as a full studio album, which is why it wasn't a full studio album... I don't see it as any less of a "tie over" than Greatest Hits was. Both were released for the lack of something better to put out at there respective times. Lies because they had nothing else recorded, GH because they didn't have enough finished material... Same, same but different man!

It was give or take 51 months between AFD and UYI. There's no disputing that. Those were the 2 main albums ( I say 2 because UYI 1/2 were released on the same day) of original material released by "classic" GNR. It has now been give or take 53 months since the release of ChiDem.

That's why things aren't so different. UYI 1/2 were speculated about and "definitely maybe'd" plenty of times when recording was dragging on. At least we "KNOW" that GNR has plenty of material in the can post ChiDem sessions. The uncertainty is if it will see the light of day any time soon.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:44:04 AM by Conan » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1244 on: March 08, 2013, 11:34:48 AM »

I'm pretty confident that in Axl's mind, the next album will feature almost if not all CD era songs written by guys like Buckethead, Finck, Brain and Tobias. Why else isn't he in any rush to get this current band together to create new music. I don't give a fuck what's going on with the record company, NOTHING can stop Axl from saying to all the guys "right we are going to set aside a few weeks in our downtime, to write and record in (insert studio here)...

Axl probably knows the next album is more or less sorted creativity wise, so that's why he hasn't done the afformentioned.  yes

That's simple logic right there, and I'm betting I'm right on the money...

I would rule out Buckethead coming back.

They probably don't need to go into a studio if half of them have home studios and can just send files back and forth. The only reason to do that is to collaborate on the songs and build them up into something.

Where did I say anything about Buckethead returning to the band?.  Tongue

No, I stated that based on what Ron has said time and time again about new material created by this band (2008-onwards). I bet that in Axl's mind, he has already got CD2 sorted, and most of that material will be CD era songs which were written by Buckethead, Finck, Brain and Tobias..... that's a pretty easy analogy to come to.

And I'm sorry, but to actually write material from scratch this current band would need to all be present at least a few times. Are you really that foolish?, you can't write a whole song from scratch as a band by sending ideas back and fourth via email.  hihi

Come on let's get real..... that's why Ron is pissed about the band not creating time to write as a collective group.  ok
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:37:05 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1245 on: March 08, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »

I'm pretty confident that in Axl's mind, the next album will feature almost if not all CD era songs written by guys like Buckethead, Finck, Brain and Tobias. Why else isn't he in any rush to get this current band together to create new music. I don't give a fuck what's going on with the record company, NOTHING can stop Axl from saying to all the guys "right we are going to set aside a few weeks in our downtime, to write and record in (insert studio here)...

Axl probably knows the next album is more or less sorted creativity wise, so that's why he hasn't done the afformentioned.  yes

That's simple logic right there, and I'm betting I'm right on the money...

I would rule out Buckethead coming back.

They probably don't need to go into a studio if half of them have home studios and can just send files back and forth. The only reason to do that is to collaborate on the songs and build them up into something.

Where did I say anything about Buckethead returning to the band?.  Tongue

No, I stated that based on what Ron has said time and time again about new material created by this band (2008-onwards). I bet that in Axl's mind, he has already got CD2 sorted, and most of that material will be CD era songs which were written by Buckethead, Finck, Brain and Tobias..... that's a pretty easy analogy to come to.

And I'm sorry, but to actually write material from scratch this current band would need to all be present at least a few times. Are you really that foolish?, you can't write a whole song from scratch as a band by sending ideas back and fourth via email.  hihi

Come on let's get real..... that's why Ron is pissed about the band not creating time to write as a collective group.  ok

i agree with you completely One in a Million.. i usually do

and i know the popular opinion here is to get CD 2 with those "old" songs ... and id be excited to hear them... but i really would prefer music from the people who are actually in the band ... wishful thinking probably tho ..

if you believe Axl when he says theres a chance for music this year... certainly he has those older songs in mind for a release

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #1246 on: March 08, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »

I think that a band can write songs by sending ideas back and forth. They do not need to be in one room to make a song actually work. But I know that doing it in the same studio at the same time makes it lot of easier. But GnR is a band that is working with a completely different structure and schedule.

As far as Bumble is concerned I think that he might have had something completely different in mind.
Sometimes when you want something to be done in a different way you try it by talking to people.
When it doesn't work, some people make their own wishes and thoughts public hoping others would jump on that idea.

I know that you can't compare situations but to me I have a d?j? vu.
When Axl went onstage complaining about others that are dancing too much with Mr. Brownstone and that it would be the last GnR gig back then, I think he had the same stuff in mind that Bumble had.
And I personally like the way he is interacting with the fans. I appreciate things he is doing. I had several email conversations with him in 2006/2007. I really like it, cause he is genuine.

Now on topic:
If a new record pops out some time, I will grab it, if not, who cares, life is going on.
I always had and will always have the opinion that an artist should release his art when it is done. If the artist is a perfectionist, then it can take some time.
I personally enjoy the live shows. Compared to the 2002-2006 period we have been blessed with several things the last years. Several proshots (Rock Am Ring, Rock In Rio ...), web streams, the London show.

All complainers should enjoy life instead of demanding stuff!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1247 on: March 08, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »

"I just texted... I hit up Axl again 2 days ago.  I was like 'aye, while we're in Australia let's make some music.  Let's work on some stuff'..."

Wonder if Axl replied to that text.

I'm guessing no given Ron's demeanor and response to the question. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1248 on: March 08, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »

And no, I don't post to get a reaction. Why would I do that? So tell me how a touring band who (most likely) never wrote one song or record together are a band. You can tour together as long as you want, but guys like Bumblefoot and DJ are musician's and they want to write music. If they can't with GN'R, they will go elsewhere. Why do you think Buckethead and Robin Finck left? For the hell of it? Nothing was getting done productively for the band, so they went back to their other ventures. Buckethead went solo, and Robin went back to NIN. Bumblefoot could easily either join another rock band or write his own solo album. DJ has Sixx AM and Motley Crue he can fall back on. The longer they tour behind material they didn't write, the more likely this "band" will need to find their 4th lead guitarist. 

So in your opinion, a bunch of musicians in a studio together recording is a real band. Yet, if that band plays shows and doesn't record together, they're not.

Interesting point of view.

So GN'R with Gilby wasn't a real band. He only replaced Izzy's parts on a cover album. Didn't write with the band.

Seriously... Any excuse to attack the band. "They're not a real band".  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #1249 on: March 08, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »

So in your opinion, a bunch of musicians in a studio together recording is a real band. Yet, if that band plays shows and doesn't record together, they're not.

So GN'R with Gilby wasn't a real band. He only replaced Izzy's parts on a cover album. Didn't write with the band.

/jarmo

That's right. Yet at the same time, when Gilby broke his hand and Izzy filled in for a few shows, they were a "real band" then too...

Even thought they didn't "make time" or record anything...

Roll Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1250 on: March 11, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »

I think the "definite maybe" is 99 percent maybe and 1 percent definite. In other words, don't hold your breath.
I don't know about your percentages, but I didn't take that comment from Axl as all too optimistic.  And I'm an eternal optimist.  But I more took that as Axl joking around within the context of the interview.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1251 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:30 AM »

I don't know about your percentages, but I didn't take that comment from Axl as all too optimistic.  And I'm an eternal optimist.  But I more took that as Axl joking around within the context of the interview.

no need to overanalyzing. Definite maybe. is the same as maybe. So.. maybe is better then "i dont know if soon is the word" =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1252 on: March 12, 2013, 02:32:20 PM »

no need to overanalyzing. Definite maybe. is the same as maybe. So.. maybe is better then "i dont know if soon is the word" =)
I honestly don't see all that much difference between the two answers.  Unfortunately.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1253 on: March 12, 2013, 03:02:32 PM »

And no, I don't post to get a reaction. Why would I do that? So tell me how a touring band who (most likely) never wrote one song or record together are a band. You can tour together as long as you want, but guys like Bumblefoot and DJ are musician's and they want to write music. If they can't with GN'R, they will go elsewhere. Why do you think Buckethead and Robin Finck left? For the hell of it? Nothing was getting done productively for the band, so they went back to their other ventures. Buckethead went solo, and Robin went back to NIN. Bumblefoot could easily either join another rock band or write his own solo album. DJ has Sixx AM and Motley Crue he can fall back on. The longer they tour behind material they didn't write, the more likely this "band" will need to find their 4th lead guitarist. 

/jarmo

Robin Finck did more work on Chinese Democracy than he ever did the entire NIN discography, yet no one calls him a "fake" member of NIN. 

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1254 on: March 12, 2013, 10:41:51 PM »

/jarmo

Robin Finck did more work on Chinese Democracy than he ever did the entire NIN discography, yet no one calls him a "fake" member of NIN. 

I still wanna hear Robin's "Stevie Ray Vaughn type-solo" Axl was talking about on the next album.  drool
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #1255 on: March 12, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »

as much as i understand where Ron is coming from, wanting to record and release an album together from scratch (or do one song at a time and release those), and i respect this decision but...
from what ive heard from Dizzy and DJ, Axl has some killer material sitting around that didnt make ChiDem. As a fan of the band i really want to hear some of this material and i hope that we do get to at some point in the future, but how do you satiate the need for new members such as Ron to have an active part in making the album so they can have a real stamp on the stuff that they play and feel whole as a band member.
my worry is that Ron would leave if GNR was to release an album composed of older material, but i dont think Axl would want all this to just sit around.
I believe Axl's intention is to definately get this stuff out there at some point.

Unfortunately we just have to wait until he/they/whoever is ready to do so.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1256 on: March 13, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »

/jarmo

I still wanna hear Robin's "Stevie Ray Vaughn type-solo" Axl was talking about on the next album.  drool

Me too, can't wait to hear all of the songs and everyones contributions (whether they are still in the band or not) because you just know it's going to be amazing.  drool
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1257 on: March 15, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »

All of you should read the keynote address Dave Grohl gave at SXSW. Regardless if your a fan of his it gives insight into how musicians think. The text is on the rollingstone website. In it he makes it a point to start every paragraph with the words We Are Musicians First. Above all of the touring, all of the entertainment and all of the business bs We are musicians first. As a musician this personally put it all in perspective. BBF gets this and Im sure this is why the situation frustrated the hell out of him. He needs that creative outlet. When you create magic its one hell of a release. I think alot of musicians who reach a certain amount of success forget about why they entered this industry in the first place. I think alot of people become complacent and learn to enjoy the entertainment aspect of it as well as the money that comes with being in a successful band. Where's the love? Where's the passion?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1258 on: March 15, 2013, 04:27:22 PM »

I've posted it yesterday here :

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=15614.msg1351851#msg1351851

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Shredder
Opening Act

« Reply #1259 on: March 19, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »

After reading what bumblefoot has said to the press recently with his frustration with not recording anything new(or even going to the studio) I cant see a new album being released before 2015...its a bummer.   And as much as I love Chinese democracy it didn't do great sales wise(I think it debuted at # 3 in the U.S)  I think a lot of the sales it did have were out of curiosity, and I don't think the general pubic or casual fans will have that curiosity for the next album...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: