Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678737 times)
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #1180 on: March 05, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »

Content? Yeah, one album in 20 years without nothing new on the horizon, we should really be content about that. 

Sure, we finally have a real manager, but what will Beta being to the table which the other managers haven't? In fact, I don't think it's a big positive that Beta and her family are now the managers. Nothing against them personally, I just don't think they'll be "up to the task" of pushing Axl to record or release new music. In fact, I don't know who would be. But I don't think it's means we'll be getting new music and the like anytime soon.

Yeah, and Axl does seem more happier. But is that a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, it means he's in a better mood more normally than not. And as we seen during the recent tours, he doesn't seem to be in a bad mood much anymore. But, than again, the anger is what drives him to write music. A lot of his songs are emotions, with feelings of love, anger, hate, sleaze, intensity. If Axl's happy, and in a good frame of mind that's a positive. But is it as it regards to new music?

Great. We get you're unhappy with the current situation with regards to new music (and I disagree with Ron on this one. To anyone outside the band, anything that is unreleased is NEW music - to us.) So now that we've heard your complaint over and over again, do you have anything positive to offer? How many times do you need to post the same POV?

Personally, I'd love a "Chinese Leftovers" album (or even EP), worked on by this band to "clear the deck" so they can move on from that era. 8-10 of the best remaining tracks re-recorded by the new band to get them back into the recording material "swing" perhaps with a blu-ray concert release or 2 to celebrate the extensive touring they've been doing and then moving straight on to a brand new album with the current line-up slated for release in 2014 / 15 would be the absolute ideal for me.

I've got no idea if anything like this will happen. There is certainly a precedent of sorts within GNR history (GNR Lies arguably fills this role) but at the end of the day it's up to the band. I'm as big a GNR fan as anybody and have been since the late 80's. One thing that isn't going to happen, is that Axl suddenly gets swayed by negative fan sentiment and all the things you want, he'll suddenly deliver...

If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time to step back a bit from GNR. Perhaps they really aren't the band for you.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1181 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »

I think the impetus to work on any new material must come from Axl. If Axl says, hey guys lets go into a studio and record some stuff or re-work some older CD songs, whatever, the rest of the band would do it. I don't buy the whole it's hard to schedule time to do this. They can schedule multi-date tours all over the world and they can't get a week down in a studio? In my opinion, I think Axl holds all the power and it is up to him for this band to record.

I agree.

If there's no intentions to release music in the near future (or even the future) than why should the band record and write songs for GN'R? When it's quite clear that the frontman (and the man in charge) Axl Rose, doesn't seem to want to put out new music.

People can make up all the excuses they want, the point is if Axl wanted to release new music, we would get new music. I can't see the record company being any more of a problem than Axl himself. He's the one that held them up for 14 years and 14 millions dollars, it's not out of the question to think that maybe they don't want to help Axl anymore because their afraid he'll pull the same stuff on them again. Or maybe Axl isn't able to meet with the record company "half-way" and make a deal. Maybe he wants this big elaborate scheme of promotion and the record company are afraid he'll go MIA like he did when Chinese Democracy came out? I'm just speculating, but it's possible.

And it's annoying too, to have to speculate, and wish, and guess, and hope that we might get new music one day from my favorite band and frontman. I'm just an Axl Rose fan, and I would love nothing more than to get new music from him. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, it's pretty much impossible for the band to act like a normal rock band. When you have bands like Bon Jovi and Metiallca, and pretty much every other fuckin' rock band out there filling the fans in on what's going on with new music, us GN'R fans are left in the dark and guessing. Hell, the band doesn't even seem like they know what's going on a pertains to new music.

Before, Axl seemingly had fire and determination to move forward with GN'R and move this band out of the old bands shadow. To show the world that he doesn't need Slash and the old band to be successful and popular. We were getting new music, Chinese Democracy was inevitable, we were getting leaks. Stuff was happening as regards to new music. Now, Axl's (IMO) lost the fire. And ,instead of moving on with the new band, their just along for the ride. Instead of making stuff new, they'll just cover music they had fuck all to do with. And people an call me negative or what have you, but it's the truth. I just want this band to record and release new music. Or put of the music from the Buckethead/Finck era. Or a boxset. Or a single. Or just give us some fuckin' news about what we can expect as regards to new music. Every members say's something completely different from the other, it's annoying. I want this band to move forward. I'm afraid the longer they go without new material, the more of a chance Bumblefoot or DJ might leave because I highly doubt they signed on to GN'R to be a cover band. Their musicians, and they write music. If they can't write music for GN'R, it wouldn't shock me if they went somewhere else. And they wouldn't be the first one's to leave because of nothing getting done? Remember Buckethead? Or Robin Finck? 

And don't act like I'm not a true fan because I called them a cover band. I would easily drop 100 bucks to see the band live. I would easily drop 100 bucks for a box-set, or 30 dollars for a new album. Axl Rose s my favorite musician, probably of all time. I as big of a GN'R fans as every else on here. I just want to the band to evolve, to have their own identity. I want to get new music from my favorite band, that's all there is too it really. I understand this is HTGTH and it's probably the most positive GN'R forum there is, but I'm just being realistic and throwing speculation in a time of doubt and hope. 

I am a huge supporter of Axl and GNR.  In fact, I often find myself defending my favorite band against baseless attacks...I've been doing it for years.
That said...it's hard to argue with anything you wrote.  
I've gathered up my friends 6 times to see my favorite band live...amazing every freakin time I will say.  I've got all the albums...Chinese Democracy, the album is framed and hanging on my wall as I type...been there since November, 2008.
I've got the CD and cd cover framed and it's been up there since '08 too.
To hear from Ron that they haven't gotten together to work on a new album is pretty disappointing.
I'm not surprised, but then again, it is what it is.
Axl works on Axl time.  
Patience is a virtue.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #1182 on: March 05, 2013, 10:01:54 PM »

Content? Yeah, one album in 20 years without nothing new on the horizon, we should really be content about that. 

Sure, we finally have a real manager, but what will Beta being to the table which the other managers haven't? In fact, I don't think it's a big positive that Beta and her family are now the managers. Nothing against them personally, I just don't think they'll be "up to the task" of pushing Axl to record or release new music. In fact, I don't know who would be. But I don't think it's means we'll be getting new music and the like anytime soon.

Yeah, and Axl does seem more happier. But is that a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, it means he's in a better mood more normally than not. And as we seen during the recent tours, he doesn't seem to be in a bad mood much anymore. But, than again, the anger is what drives him to write music. A lot of his songs are emotions, with feelings of love, anger, hate, sleaze, intensity. If Axl's happy, and in a good frame of mind that's a positive. But is it as it regards to new music?

Great. We get you're unhappy with the current situation with regards to new music (and I disagree with Ron on this one. To anyone outside the band, anything that is unreleased is NEW music - to us.) So now that we've heard your complaint over and over again, do you have anything positive to offer? How many times do you need to post the same POV?

Personally, I'd love a "Chinese Leftovers" album (or even EP), worked on by this band to "clear the deck" so they can move on from that era. 8-10 of the best remaining tracks re-recorded by the new band to get them back into the recording material "swing" perhaps with a blu-ray concert release or 2 to celebrate the extensive touring they've been doing and then moving straight on to a brand new album with the current line-up slated for release in 2014 / 15 would be the absolute ideal for me.

I've got no idea if anything like this will happen. There is certainly a precedent of sorts within GNR history (GNR Lies arguably fills this role) but at the end of the day it's up to the band. I'm as big a GNR fan as anybody and have been since the late 80's. One thing that isn't going to happen, is that Axl suddenly gets swayed by negative fan sentiment and all the things you want, he'll suddenly deliver...

If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time to step back a bit from GNR. Perhaps they really aren't the band for you.

I want new music too, and I agree with your opinion that unreleased music is still new to us. I would love to here potentially epic songs like The Genera and Soul Monster.  The second paragraph in your post is my ideal hope. We get a "Chinese Leftover" album, or box-set with all the finished material. Than, we can wait for the next album recorded and promoted by the current band. I think Bumblefoot is just frustrated because he wants to put out music that he wrote. And who wouldn't? He's covering songs now from other musicians, putting out music made by Buckethead would be the same. BUT, it'll be new to us, and that's all that should matter in the end of the day: the fans.

Of course it's all up to the band, but what if the band can't do anything? What if there is no drive to record or write new music because a certain frontman doesn't want to release new music? They can write all the music they want for Axl, if Axl doesn't care, than in the end they won't either.  

GN'R will always be my favorite band, no matter what the situation is. I understand Axl won't ever get swayed by negativity, I'm just hoping that one day I'll get new music by my favorite rock band and my favorite lead singer.  I just want new music, and as a fan I just don't see why this band doesn't seem to be a able to operate as normal functional rock band.  
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #1183 on: March 06, 2013, 01:16:18 AM »

I want new music too, and I agree with your opinion that unreleased music is still new to us. I would love to here potentially epic songs like The Genera and Soul Monster.  The second paragraph in your post is my ideal hope. We get a "Chinese Leftover" album, or box-set with all the finished material. Than, we can wait for the next album recorded and promoted by the current band. I think Bumblefoot is just frustrated because he wants to put out music that he wrote. And who wouldn't? He's covering songs now from other musicians, putting out music made by Buckethead would be the same. BUT, it'll be new to us, and that's all that should matter in the end of the day: the fans.

Of course it's all up to the band, but what if the band can't do anything? What if there is no drive to record or write new music because a certain frontman doesn't want to release new music? They can write all the music they want for Axl, if Axl doesn't care, than in the end they won't either.  

GN'R will always be my favorite band, no matter what the situation is. I understand Axl won't ever get swayed by negativity, I'm just hoping that one day I'll get new music by my favorite rock band and my favorite lead singer.  I just want new music, and as a fan I just don't see why this band doesn't seem to be a able to operate as normal functional rock band.  

Well it is clear that they never have functioned like "other bands". If it's a "normal band" you're interested in, again GNR may not be for you. Very little of their career has ever been what one might call "normal." The difference between what GNR releases and what "normal bands" release, is that GNR's is actually (for the most part) very, very good.

The situation now and the situation back in the day actually doesn't look too different to me.

It took nearly 4 years to release UYI 1/2 after Appetite was released and it has only been just over 4 years since ChiDem was. We haven't had a "GNR Lies" type experience to tie us over in that timeframe, which is the only real difference so far. The sense of waiting back then (I've no idea if you were old enough to experience it) wasn't so different than it is now.

There were tons of rumour, conjecture and gossip about the make-up of UYI 1/2, just as there is for any future album now and just as there was before ChiDem was released. Anxious now? Try waiting 17 years for a new original material GNR album!

What is normal for GNR is rumour, conjecture and gossip about future releases and then (almost overwhelmingly) amazing music when they do occur. 

That's something you have to learn to live with, being a GNR fan. If you can't deal with that, then give them away. There's just no need to keep harping on about how you want to hear new GNR music. We all do, but whining about it isn't going to get you anywhere. In GNR's mind or anyone elses.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1184 on: March 06, 2013, 01:36:46 AM »

Sucks what Ron said but it is what it is, it doesn't seem to be NEW news.  For reasons that are not known to most of us, GNR is not good at releasing new music.  Not just the current line up even the "Illusions" had delay problems.  GNR has released one record of original material in 22 years, there is no way to spin that to make it sound productive.  I don't know what the road blocks that plague this band are, but there is clearly something preventing new music from being released.   The plus side?  GNR are a great live band and the records they do put out are better than everyone else's, so that is the trade off.  I can see fans getting frustrated with how vague the band is when answering questions about new music.  Especially these days, when I know the instant bands lay down vocal tracks on a new song thanks to Twitter and Instagram.  I literally get bombarded with information by most of the bands I follow 24 hours a day, GNR just don't operate that way, it is what it is.  Do we all want new music?  Of course, but it will happen when it happens.  I just enjoy the music that they have put out and go to all the shows I can.  Honestly I was never really sure "Chinese"would ever see the light of day, and a small part of me has accepted the fact that "CD" COULD be the last GNR record.  Hopefully not.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1185 on: March 06, 2013, 06:08:59 AM »

The problem with getting the Chinese leftovers... Is that people love to say THIS band IS guns n roses... And as Ron clearly points out that album involves Paul , bucket , robin and Brian who have nothing to do with guns n roses today....

More than ever it would be an Axl rose solo piece with these guys as is touring musicians

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1186 on: March 06, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »

Axl is the driving creative force behind GN'R. If he has tons of songs practically ready to go he should pick the best ones to release. If Dj & Ron contribute to those all the better. Ron is employed to play guitar as required- If he is required to add to what someone else has created, so be it.

Perhaps Axl is not interested in using Ron as a writer. As much as I love him his music is not really a good fit for GN'R (in my opinion).
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1187 on: March 06, 2013, 07:59:07 AM »

You know what, anything will do. Older recordings, newer ones. I love hearing Axl's voice on record and I would definitely enjoy more of that.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1188 on: March 06, 2013, 08:06:21 AM »

Releasing the Chinese leftovers sooner and a new album with the current band after would be on my wish list.

But the way the music industry is right now, recorded music is a loser financially with a standard label arrangement. Releasing something on their own label or a song here or there on ITunes would make more sense ( unfortunately) but Ill be happy to get anything new musicwise.

But hey, they're touring, AND putting video of the tour out so I'm not complaining!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1189 on: March 06, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »

Releasing the Chinese leftovers sooner and a new album with the current band after would be on my wish list.

But the way the music industry is right now, recorded music is a loser financially with a standard label arrangement. Releasing something on their own label or a song here or there on ITunes would make more sense ( unfortunately) but Ill be happy to get anything new musicwise.

But hey, they're touring, AND putting video of the tour out so I'm not complaining!

I'll believe the video bit when I see it! Why no trailer or release date??

What is going on with O2 gig release on TV?? And why on earth can't it be discussed on a fan forum??
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1190 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:49 AM »

I'll believe the video bit when I see it! Why no trailer or release date??

What is going on with O2 gig release on TV?? And why on earth can't it be discussed on a fan forum??

Seriously.... There was 20 pages of discussion about them showing vh1 gnr night and now we can't talk about why it's cancelled?

This site is so extreme one way and all the others are extreme the other way... I wish we could discuss things somewhere in the middle

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1191 on: March 06, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »

He didn't say we can't talk about it, he didn't want threads springing up.

I think it's just because VH1 took a show that was already edited for TV, and edited it down more without their consent.

And the fact is they could have shown it uncensored if it was on after 11. Comedy Central does their Secret Stash where they let the "fucks" fly with  no problem, and it's run by Viacom, who also run VH1, VH1 Classic, and Palladia. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1192 on: March 06, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »

Pushing Axl to do stuff he's not ready to do has never worked in the long run.

Being that selfish about getting new music is astounding. Forcing, pushing, ordering and demanding isn't the recipe for great music. That's the recipe for albums full of filler tracks. Putting out music for the sake of putting out something.

Sweet Jesus.

Somebody is happier and that's a bad thing because it might mean you don't get what you demand on your schedule?

I don't even know where to begin.

Because being angry and depressed really is the secret recipe for a long career. Right?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1193 on: March 06, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »

Anger and depression can be good creative fuel, but they have little to do with keeping a band together. If anything, it's destroyed bands.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1194 on: March 06, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »

So... It looks like i was right and someone else was wrong  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Bumblefoot speaks like a musician, simple as that...

I think they can even be really good friends...but at a certain point people lose patience, and I don't know if bumble has that big amount of patience...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:56:34 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1195 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:43 PM »

So... It looks like i was right and someone else was wrong  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You were right about what?

You went on and on about how you don't like the way the songs sound, how it's not the same band etc. It's called an opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1196 on: March 06, 2013, 12:41:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure Ron won't stick around with Guns for the next couple years without new music being released.
He sounds depressed concering this subject and i can understand him.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1197 on: March 06, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »

I think it's just because VH1 took a show that was already edited for TV, and edited it down more without their consent.

From Eddie Trunk:

The Guns n Roses special scheduled for this weekend which featured the full O2 show from last year has been cancelled due to a contract issue with clearing it. Legal stuff I have nothing to do with. The video block I hosted may still air at some point but the concert will not. Sorry but a network issue/decisions, not me.

http://eddietrunk.com/35-headed-to-vegas-tms-rush-more/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1198 on: March 06, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »

From Eddie Trunk:

The Guns n Roses special scheduled for this weekend which featured the full O2 show from last year has been cancelled due to a contract issue with clearing it. Legal stuff I have nothing to do with. The video block I hosted may still air at some point but the concert will not. Sorry but a network issue/decisions, not me.

http://eddietrunk.com/35-headed-to-vegas-tms-rush-more/

Wow, more good news! 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1199 on: March 06, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »

Ron has gone from giving interviews where he tries to paint everything as being positive and going well, recording etc. To giving interviews where he doesn't give a crap, and basically says "this is how it is in reality", and how "I'm the only one who doesn't bullshit you guys about it".

A rather big change in Rons attitude as the years go on and on with GN'R...  no

I hope that things change within Guns N' Roses for Ron to take a more active role in creating music, and everything else that goes along with that. It would be a sad thing for GN'R to lose Ron, because he is a huge asset to the group.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: