Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1598476 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #820 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:06 AM »

Chinese Democracy is a very miscellaneous album, still it's a great album, it's not up to the standard of the original band, but it's still a great album... if Axl had 3 or 4 albums done by the new band already released, fans would respect him a lot more...

Yet he doesn't deliver and he expects people to forget and move on...i guess Axl is a bit selfish uh?

Halo, your point is understood and I would like an album too. However, being insulting and condescending about CD and Axl and Jarmo isn't necessary. And it's not going to make the album happen any faster. We have no control over this situation or any situation. People fall apart and things change. Wise fans accept this situation and try to make the best of it. Moving on is a part of life. Maybe there have been times in your life when you've had to do the same. Quarreling over a message board isn't going to help matters. If it did, I would tear you apart in a heartbeat.

Moving on! Now that's an interesting expression... one that i have heard from Axl for years now!

The thing is... i'm not so sure if Axl really want us to move on!

AC/DC wanted us to move on... Brian took over, and they made history with the new frontmen, doing more albums and touring those albums! To me that's the definition of moving on! Doing something for it, doing something to make people wanna move on and accept the reality and present/future of the band. Showing there was a future after Bon Scott...showing the band was not dead and that it will continue to rock the World!

Hell the guy is 65 now i think or at least he's in his 60's and he makes Axl look like a bubble boy in terms of professionalism! THAT'S moving on!

Moving on is not demanding everyone, including fans, management, label etc to completely forget about the existence of the original band, and not doing squat to even justify an action like that...

Every time anyone approaches Axl about a reunion (this includes management, whether it's Merck or Azoff or whoever is there at that time, fans, reporters, whatever). Axl gives you the finger and tells you, you need to move on... he even makes lawsuits when the Original band members are trying to represent GNR in video games and other things, YET he doesn't do Squat to promote his new band, he doesn't release Squat... His different band members, that he's been having since whatever date, probably have things recorded waiting on his "vault" for his vocal parts for more than 10 years now...(As Merck said once... the Princess would not show up to the scheduled studio dates)... and YET he wants us to MOVE ON!

Do you fans not understand what's been happening here??... on One hand he almost demanded us from MOVING ON, he aparently tries to void as much as possible, that other Original members who DO WANT TO WORK, and keep releasing stuff from working under the GNR banner... like it happened with the video game Guitar Hero 3 (We probably are never gonna have anything new from GNR for years to come because of that...because no one will be doing anything cause they can get a lawsuit), just because he owns the name, again because he wants people to MOVE ON, but YET he doesn't do squat to promote his new band...

I'm sorry if i have a different opinions of these facts then some of the HARDCORE fans like Jarmo... but to me this is not a very professional behavior at all...This is not the correct way of helping fans to move on, or even wanting them to move on.

To me this is completely ruining the Legacy of a band who once was the greatest band in the World!

HELL Axl... if you want people to move on so bad... do something for a change... and if you don't want a new album, then at least re-record every single hit song you've made with the new band and make a greatest hits album with the songs re-recorded like KISS did... but do something for a change... don't just stay there waiting for people change their mind, while you're not doing squat to contribute to it...(and i'm not referring to touring...just work in the studio)....

He's been telling us to move on even before he released Chinese Democracy! It's ridiculous!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:51:01 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #821 on: January 04, 2013, 05:10:15 AM »

"From 1992 till now there have been a ton of bands who have formed, had full careers, greatest hits albums, broken up and reunion tours in that time.  22 years is a long time in the music business.  To act like putting out 1 record in that span is normal is crazy." - Bodhi

Definitely! It's outrageously crazy!

MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #822 on: January 04, 2013, 05:24:40 AM »

Moving on! Now that's an interesting expression... one that i have heard from Axl for years now!

AC/DC wanted us to move on... Brian took over, and they made history with the new frontmen, doing more albums and touring those albums! To me that's the definition of moving on! Doing something for it, doing something to make people wanna move on and accept the reality and present/future of the band. Showing there was a future after Bon Scott...showing the band was not dead and that it will continue to rock the World!

Hell the guy is 65 now i think or at least he's in his 60's and he makes Axl look like a bubble boy in terms of professionalism! THAT'S moving on!

Moving on is not demanding everyone, including fans, management, label etc to completely forget about the existence of the original band, and not doing squat to even justify an action like that...

Every time anyone approaches Axl about a reunion (this includes management, whether it's Merck or Azoff or whoever is there at that time, fans, reporters, whatever). Axl gives you the finger and tells you, you need to move on... he even makes lawsuits when the Original band members are trying to represent GNR in video games and other things, YET he doesn't do Squat to promote his new band, he doesn't release Squat... His different band members, that he's been having since whatever date, probably have things recorded waiting on his "vault" for his vocal parts for more than 10 years now...(As Merck said once... the Princess would not show up to the scheduled studio dates)... and YET he wants us to MOVE ON!

Do you fans not understand what's been happening here??... on One hand he almost demanded us from MOVING ON, he aparently tries to void as much as possible, that other Original members who DO WANT TO WORK, and keep releasing stuff from working under the GNR banner... like it happened with the video game Guitar Hero 3 (We probably are never gonna have anything new from GNR for years to come because of that...because no one will be doing anything cause they can get a lawsuit), just because he owns the name, again because he wants people to MOVE ON, but YET he doesn't do squat to promote his new band...

I'm sorry if i have a different opinions of these facts then some of the HARDCORE fans like Jarmo... but to me this is not a very professional behavior at all...This is not the correct way of helping fans to move on, or even wanting them to move on.

To me this is completely ruining the Legacy of a band who once was the greatest band in the World!

HELL Axl... if you want people to move on so bad... do something for a change... and if you don't want a new album, then at least re-record every single hit song you've made with the new band and make a greatest hits album with the songs re-recorded like KISS did... but do something for a change... don't just stay there waiting for people change their mind, while you're not doing squat to contribute to it...(and i'm not referring to touring...just work in the studio)....

You're being condescending and insulting again. Your problem is that you think you're smarter than the rest of us. In reality, you're just one of those pedantic fans who appoints themselves as the devil's advocate. You think you're doing this message board a service with your opinions. You think you're bringing up real issues and getting to the heart of the matter. Every reply gives you a thrill. You want to show the world just how what a clever boy you are.

The reality is that you're not a unique snowflake. Your opinion is no more important than anyone else. And everything you've said has been said a thousand times before. Stop wasting bandwidth with your clumsy attempts at awkward hubris.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #823 on: January 04, 2013, 05:46:16 AM »

You're being condescending and insulting again. Your problem is that you think you're smarter than the rest of us. In reality, you're just one of those pedantic fans who appoints themselves as the devil's advocate. You think you're doing this message board a service with your opinions. You think you're bringing up real issues and getting to the heart of the matter. Every reply gives you a thrill. You want to show the world just how what a clever boy you are.

The reality is that you're not a unique snowflake. Your opinion is no more important than anyone else. And everything you've said has been said a thousand times before. Stop wasting bandwidth with your clumsy attempts at awkward hubris.

I'm just a fan like anyone else.... i'm not pretending to be anything Miss... and i'm not saying or wanting that my opinion is more important than anyone else... but some of the things that i've been saying are facts, and against facts, there's not much you can dispute really... does that bother you?! I guess so!

"You think you're doing this message board a service with your opinions.", "Stop wasting bandwidth with your clumsy attempts at awkward hubris."

One thing is for sure... you haven't had such an entertaining and interesting discussion in your board since i dunno when, just because i'm giving Jarmo a little chalenge, you don't like it? you don't like the fact that i might just be right?!

I know you guys are used to go by Jarmo's opinions/demands in here but guess what... once in awhile there will be a guy like me, who is bored at work and will challenge and question your little brains for a change. (For those who are so hardcore they can't distinguish the true from false and so on, only!).

I understand why Jarmo does what he does...and i'm pretty sure he changed around 2006 and i know why...Let's say that fortunately being Portuguese in the GNR World is an advantage... whether i'm referring to information, or a few pieces of extra bites that are not readily available to the public  hihi

Jarmo is emotionally attached to Axl and to this band, so he will always see things the way the band wants him to see them, because he's friends with the band now, he tours with them and because of other things that i mentioned before. His opinions are biased because of it...

I only joined HTGTH recently, but iv been visiting the board since probably 2004, and i know Jarmo and his opinions were very different then, when he wasn't so "attached" to the band, and honestly i trust those opinions from that time more, then the biased shit he gives me today!

But then again it wouldn't be so entertaining today!

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #824 on: January 04, 2013, 06:48:21 AM »

ugh... is this still going?

just leave already.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #825 on: January 04, 2013, 07:17:20 AM »

just leave already.

Somebody likes attention. Smiley

HaloAndre likes to attack others for what he himself does.

Biased? Yeah, what fan isn't biased? It's only an issue for certain fans who like to score "cool points" with other fans by posting shit so they don't appear as they're fans! Being negative is ok because it makes you "objective" and not fanatic or an ass kisser. 

Imagine of the "cool people" (hiding behind keyboards) of the Internet disapprove of what you think and say! Oh my God!
Poor people!  rofl

His concept of moving on is what suits him, and his selfish needs. If moving on means releasing more albums for him to dissect, then so be it.

No matter what others think or do.

If somebody pointed out to him that a live show is a great way to experience a band, or that it does good for a band to play together to get the chemistry between band members working, he wouldn't probably see it that way. Nobody, without an agenda, can say GN'R isn't a great live band or that they don't play together like a real old school rock n' roll band. And that's because of the touring.

You can demand albums all day long, but what would you say if somebody told you that touring did the band good? Would you still say it was a bad idea?

It's amusing that you don't mind other bands putting out albums just so they can go on another tour.

Everything is very black with you, there's no grey or white. You don't have any knowledge about the other side of the fence because all your information comes from the media. You probably read a few articles and for you it felt like you finally understood how everything works.

Most of us realize we have very limited knowledge of that side of the fence, so we are careful about posting opinions as "facts".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #826 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36:29 AM »

Anyways back in topic:

I think most people will like Seven, Atlas, Soul Monster, The General and Zodiac. All of them have potential to be great singles except maybe Zodiac which more industrial and more experimental.  

SEVEN is a great song. It kind of reminds me of Patience of the new millennium... It's acoustic with some parts with Electric guitar on it and orchestra as well. It kinda gave the band that vibe of being and staying together, when they recorded it, because it was kind of the same environment of when did the acoustic songs for LIES.

ATLAS is a Street of Dreams kind of song, very catchy and has a lot of potential to be a future single! It resembles a mix between Street of Dreams and This I Love because of the Orchestra as well.

SOUL MONSTER has a lot of potential lyricwise as it's very ironic and it's one of the best written songs since the Illusion albums. I'm not sure if i consider it a pure ballad...it resembles more the "Prostitute" kind of song, half ballad but there's some part that are a little more aggressive. So it's not a pure ballad like November Rain.

ZODIAC will be the most experimental song on the album (if it ends up coming out on the new album). Again it's experimental kinda like Shacklers and Scraped. More towards industrial, it will sound a bit weird and out of place for some, just like Shacklers did for some, but it's a great song! More agressive than Shacklers! In my opinion it has a crazy ass lunatic awesome solo! I hope they maintain that solo on the finished version!

SILKWORMS, i don't believe this will come out in the album, but if it does then it replaces ZODIAC as being the most experimental track. This song is different from everything Axl has ever recorded or done. I think it would fit more in an Axl solo album!
The song lyrics weren't that good by the time it was played in Rock In Rio 3, but Axl has changed part of the lyrics. They're a bit more constructive now and "adult" as well. The intro to this song is kinda long, kind of like Chinese Democracy the song. It would be a great opener on an Axl solo album, it will be highly criticized if Axl releases this song on the next GUNS record. I don't think people will be prepared for this song as a GUNS release...

THE GENERAL - Very dramatic song, changes from a very emotional orchestra to a very angry riff. It's a very temperamental song, you'll love it!
This song has a bit of everything for anyone... it has part that resemble the old band, parts that resemble "NEW GNR", agressive and emotional parts. Can't find a better way to describe it, you'll see it yourself when it comes out.

DOWN BY THE OCEAN - OLD GNR kind of song, don't think it will be released at all... i think mostly this will be regarded as a medley...it's different from everything GNR does now. Sounds dated, but to me that's a good thing as it resembles the bluesy songs from the Illusion songs like Dust N' Bones and You ain't the First. Izzy/Axl singing on it as well.

UNTITLED SONG #37 (I think this is Cuban Skies) - Similar to There Was a Time, but much less heavier then the finished version of There Was a Time on Chinese Democracy.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #827 on: January 04, 2013, 07:41:10 AM »

just leave already.

Somebody likes attention. Smiley

HaloAndre likes to attack others for what he himself does.

Biased? Yeah, what fan isn't biased? It's only an issue for certain fans who like to score "cool points" with other fans by posting shit so they don't appear as they're fans! Being negative is ok because it makes you "objective" and not fanatic or an ass kisser. 

Imagine of the "cool people" (hiding behind keyboards) of the Internet disapprove of what you think and say! Oh my God!
Poor people!  rofl

His concept of moving on is what suits him, and his selfish needs. If moving on means releasing more albums for him to dissect, then so be it.

No matter what others think or do.

If somebody pointed out to him that a live show is a great way to experience a band, or that it does good for a band to play together to get the chemistry between band members working, he wouldn't probably see it that way. Nobody, without an agenda, can say GN'R isn't a great live band or that they don't play together like a real old school rock n' roll band. And that's because of the touring.

You can demand albums all day long, but what would you say if somebody told you that touring did the band good? Would you still say it was a bad idea?

It's amusing that you don't mind other bands putting out albums just so they can go on another tour.

Everything is very black with you, there's no grey or white. You don't have any knowledge about the other side of the fence because all your information comes from the media. You probably read a few articles and for you it felt like you finally understood how everything works.

Most of us realize we have very limited knowledge of that side of the fence, so we are careful about posting opinions as "facts".

/jarmo

"It's amusing that you don't mind other bands putting out albums just so they can go on another tour. "

Of course i don't mind... their tours have a purpose... they have an album to back it up..

What bad would do to the new band to have produced a new album already? I'm not saying touring is bad. I'm saying touring is boring if you don't have an album to support it... They've been touring Chinese Democracy since 2002 for fuck sakes, it's been 10 years now!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:08:47 AM by Halo69 » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #828 on: January 04, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »

Ok, one things that bothers me is this "one record in 20 years" --- Simply not true. GNR had a hiatus where nothing was happening for years. I don't remember all the dates and timelines. But, they were not active and Axl was trying to get a new band together. I think at that time, Duff was still in it. What, 99-2000, CD came out in 08. I'm not saying CD didnt take a long time to come out but it wasn't 20 years. If one wants to get even technical about it, the Live era album came out in 1999. 9 years later we got CD. I'll accept that.

And Live era is an album.

Why let facts get in the way of an argument though?  Roll Eyes

hiatus or not, that is still the same amount of time on the calendar.  If we are talking about facts then the fact is from September 18th 1991-January 4 2013 Guns N Roses have released one record of original material, and one song for the End of Days soundtrack, that is 15 original songs in 22 years.  I am not one here bitching about a lack of new music, I think the band should do whatever the hell they want, but there has been a lack of new music, there is no debating that.

From 1992 till now there have been a ton of bands who have formed, had full careers, greatest hits albums, broken up and reunion tours in that time.  22 years is a long time in the music business.  To act like putting out 1 record in that span is normal is crazy.

Once again I just want the band to do whatever they want.  If they want to put out records great, I will buy them.  If they want to tour, great I will buy tickets to see them.  But refusing to acknowledge that there has been a lack of new material is just as bad as those who are bitching about there being a lack of new material.
very true, but there are a lot of things that GNR does/has done that are unlike any other band. I've never considered them to be a band that works fast and expect an album from them every year. Obviously that fact has gotten more pronounced over the years. A lot has changed in the world and in GNR during that time. I know it sounds like an excuse, and hell maybe it is, but GNR are unlike any other band in the world. With all that they've been through, it's not "business as usual". And I for one, wasn't waiting for a new GNR album in the mid to late 90's. I took my own hiatus to coincide with theirs. So sure, factually their last album came out in 93, but I wasn't so sure we'd ever hear from them again at that point. It wasn't until "Oh My God" hit the surface in 1999 that the anticipation for new music really kicked in.

Now granted, 1 album in 14 years is still unfathomable and ridiculous. But I'm not about to try and explain the how's and the why's of the actions and inactions over that course of time. I'll leave that to the experts. And whatever happens, happens.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:38:30 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #829 on: January 04, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »

"It's amusing that you don't mind other bands putting out albums just so they can go on another tour. "

Of course i don't mind... their tours have a purpose... they have an album to back it up..

What bad would do to the new band to have produced a new album already? I'm not saying touring is bad. I'm saying touring is boring if you don't have an album to support it... They've been touring Chinese Democracy since 2002 for fuck sakes, it's been 10 years now!

So putting out an album just so you can tour to make money is ok, not a "cash grab"?
But not putting out an album until you're ready to and touring anyway, is?

How can you be touring Chinese Democracy in 2002 when it wasn't released  until 2008?

Are you saying GN'R toured the Use Your Illusion albums in 1986 because they played Don't Cry? Farm Aid in 1990 was promoting "The Spaghetti Incident?"?

You still think tours are only to ell albums! Let go of that idea already.

By the way, MTV isn't what it used to be anymore. Just so you know... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #830 on: January 04, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »

So putting out an album just so you can tour to make money is ok, not a "cash grab"?
But not putting out an album until you're ready to and touring anyway, is?

How can you be touring Chinese Democracy in 2002 when it wasn't released  until 2008?

Are you saying GN'R toured the Use Your Illusion albums in 1986 because they played Don't Cry? Farm Aid in 1990 was promoting "The Spaghetti Incident?"?

You still think tours are only to ell albums! Let go of that idea already.

By the way, MTV isn't what it used to be anymore. Just so you know... Wink

/jarmo

Yes! I believe they're touring Chinese Democracy from 2001 until now to be more exact....They even sold t-shirts with Chinese Democracy tour logos... and yes that was the Chinese Democracy Tour... the one that started in 2001 through 2002. Except that the tour failed completely because they weren't able to deliver an album... Again the importance of an album!

2006/2007 and they tried again, didn't work because as Merck told us, Axl didn't show up in the studio sessions that were scheduled several days...

They finally toured the album successfuly in 2009/2010, and now to me... this is still the Chinese Democracy tour...they only changed the name of the tour but the content is the same...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #831 on: January 04, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »

You didn't answer the question. Smiley

Also, you still think tours are booked to sell albums? Yes/no?

How come the biggest tours of the year don't translate into the biggest selling albums of the year? Or even career.

Every time U2 tours, they do it big. But their new albums don't sell as much as somebody else.... Or their previous ones. Rolling Stones, same thing.

How's that possible? Shouldn't the biggest tour with the biggest shows mean most albums sold? Imagine playing in front of 50000 people three or four nights in a week.

See, your way of thinking is flawed. No surprise.

Tours don't sell albums by default. You think GN'R is out there trying to sell millions of copies of Chinese Democracy because it makes sense to you. So you can go on with your "they've been touring the same album for years" crap. That doesn't make it a fact!

/jarmo

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #832 on: January 04, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

You didn't answer the question. Smiley

Also, you still think tours are booked to sell albums? Yes/no?

How come the biggest tours of the year don't translate into the biggest selling albums of the year? Or even career.

Every time U2 tours, they do it big. But their new albums don't sell as much as somebody else.... Or their previous ones. Rolling Stones, same thing.

How's that possible? Shouldn't the biggest tour with the biggest shows mean most albums sold? Imagine playing in front of 50000 people three or four nights in a week.

See, your way of thinking is flawed. No surprise.

Tours don't sell albums by default. You think GN'R is out there trying to sell millions of copies of Chinese Democracy because it makes sense to you. So you can go on with your "they've been touring the same album for years" crap. That doesn't make it a fact!

/jarmo

You said it yourself... "Tours don't support albums, albums support tours" Yes/No?

I never said a tour was made to sell albums... it certainly helps though. Tours are made to PROMOTE albums. What i said was the same as you said, albums support tours... (which proves that i was right and you gave me the reason)
It's the way normal artists do things... they release an album and then they tour that album! and then they go on the studio again and they make another album after like 2 years and then they go on the road again. Obviously Axl isn't doing that...

Instead he's doing what usually a retired band though... tour from 5 to 5 years more or less or every so often... 10 to 10 years Axl releases an album (and that's being very optimistic!)

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #833 on: January 04, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »

A lot of historical acts enjoy more success from touring than from releasing records, that's a fact. And yet, that doesn't stop them from recording new music, probably because they'd rather not limit themselves to being nostalgia acts.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #834 on: January 04, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »

"From 1992 till now there have been a ton of bands who have formed, had full careers, greatest hits albums, broken up and reunion tours in that time.  22 years is a long time in the music business.  To act like putting out 1 record in that span is normal is crazy." - Bodhi

Right I said that, but taking just those few sentences from my post makes it look like i am complaining about lack of music, which I was not.  I was simply acknowledging the lack of music.  You left out the part where I said I just want the band to do whatever they want, and I would happily spend money on whatever the band does, whether it be a new record or another tour.  I saw them 7 times on the last US run, and I enjoyed each show AND setlist every single night.  I don't believe in fans dictating the art, sure fans like to express their opinions which is great, but at the end of the day the artist has to do what in is in their heart otherwise it is not authentic.  It is not wrong to want a new record, but to shit on everything else the band does because you are not getting what you want makes no sense to me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:57:17 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #835 on: January 04, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »

Right I said that, but taking just those few sentences from my post makes it look like i am complaining about lack of music, which I was not.  I was simply acknowledging the lack of music.  You left out the part where I said I just want the band to do whatever they want, and I would happily spend money on whatever the band does, whether it be a new record or another tour.  I saw them 7 times on the last US run, and I enjoyed each show AND setlist every single night.  I don't believe in fans dictating the art, sure fans like to express their opinions which is great, but at the end of the day the artist has to do what in is in their heart otherwise it is not authentic.  It is not wrong to want a new record, but to shit on everything else the band does because you are not getting what you want makes no sense to me.

I understood your opinion. And the simple fact you acknowledge that was enough for the quote for me. Because i was speaking with a person that doesn't acknowledge it...

As far as shitting on the band. I am not, whether you believe it or not. I just said that touring with an album is not acceptable. At least for me. That doesn't mean i didn't like the shows i went to... They were AWESOME! the thing is... if you keep touring the same songs, there comes a moment you get tired of it because you have no new songs on the setlist...obviously if you say that to a person like Jarmo, he will immediately attack you etc... which i find unacessary.

I still think it's unacceptable, but i never said i didn't like the shows iv been into. All i said is that i probably won't go to any more shows until they have new songs on the set lists. And i didn't shit on Axl... i gave my opinion on Axl's behaviour and stated some facts about it as well.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #836 on: January 04, 2013, 11:37:39 AM »

I never said a tour was made to sell albums... it certainly helps though. Tours are made to PROMOTE albums.

Ok, so what's the point of promoting an album with a tour?

To let people know the artist has a new album? And doing that, what is the purpose? Please enlighten us.

What i said was the same as you said, albums support tours... (which proves that i was right and you gave me the reason)

What I said, isn't the same as what you said. I said bands used to tour to sell more albums. Just like bands used to make music videos to sell more albums.

Now it seems to me that bands put out albums so they have an excuse to tour and not get Halo69 complaining about their favorite band playing live shows.

It's the way normal artists do things... they release an album and then they tour that album! and then they go on the studio again and they make another album after like 2 years and then they go on the road again. Obviously Axl isn't doing that...

Yes, that's the old formula.

But then you have bands who tour because they feel like they wanna play some shows together before recording, then you have bands like Metallica who seem to tour every other summer to "Escape from the studio", or bands that put out compilation albums so they can go on a tour, or bands that decide to do anniversary of so and so album's release tours etc etc etc....

Does it bother you when bands tour because it's been X years since their most popular album was released, so they go on tour to play the whole album at shows? How about Iron Maiden doing tours that are almost clones of tours they did in the past. Does it bother you?

10 to 10 years Axl releases an album (and that's being very optimistic!)

Because you know what's really going on....  hihi

/jarmo

mookie
Opening Act

« Reply #837 on: January 04, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »

Jarmo

I'm not sure you even entertain these opinions.  Wink Fans need to realize that they tour because they want to - to play for their fans, and yes, to earn a living too.  Just because there's no new material out should never preclude any act from playing shows, big or small.  

any musician will agree with the fact that performing together leads to an atmosphere that nurtures creativity and a cohesive sense of purpose.  in other words, the more they play together, the better they will be, the more of "a band" they will become, and that translates into creative production.  sure they haven't issued any new music in a few years - get over it.  if you're a fan, you know that Axl works at his own pace to assure that he's satisfied with whatever his name is attached to.  He has the right to do that, its his career and his reputation.  I'm sure all of us would do the same thing.  I for one would not want "just put something out" if I didn't feel comfortable with whatever it is, or if I didn't feel like the time was right.  

Some fans bitched that they never played anymore, now they've been touring regularly for a while.  then they bitched that they didn't release a new album, then they did that.  do yourselves a favor and see them when they're around and enjoy yourselves.  isn't that what entertainment is really about anyway?  

btw, it was good to finally meet you and talk a bit in Vegas.  that Sat night show was the best I've seen since the early days in Hollywood.  its encouraging to see the positive energy you have for the band.   
sandman
Legend

« Reply #838 on: January 04, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #839 on: January 04, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »

soooooooooooo back to speculation about the new album? anyone have any theories etc? i seem to remember classic rock reviewing an early copy of chinese and they mentioned atals shrugged? any more titles from axl interviews?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: