Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1599830 times)
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #780 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »

I know Jarmo already kinda wrote this, but i'll agree--playing 3 hour shows every night IS professionalism. Kinda debunks the whole "cash-grab" theory on the tours also, at least to me. Judging by the length of most concerts, people are going to show up just as much (and pay their $$) for a 2 hour show, so if Axl was just in it for the money he could cut the show by a third -- hell, even back down the production value of the show, less pyro, etc. -- and make even MORE money! Could it be that Axl is having a great time touring with these guys?? He's going out and giving it his all night after night. Would i like to hear more new music? Of course i would. But I don't feel like Axl is being unprofessional by touring nonstop and not giving me a new album. Honestly, I do have one major problem with all this damn touring -- I can't make it to more shows!!!  Still kicking myself in the ass for not flying to Vegas. Rock on, Axl!  See you next time around
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:05:53 AM by inlikeflynn420 » Logged

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #781 on: January 03, 2013, 09:28:56 AM »

Bicycle, i'm not demanding an album for me, I'm requesting an album for all of us, the fans, who are the "clients" of GNR. Universal/Sanctuary, who Axl WORKS FOR, was demanding the album for years (Chinese Democracy) and Axl didn't deliver.

This is how clueless you really are. Sanctuary has been out of the picture for over six years by now!

You're "requesting" an album for all of us? How noble of you.

What most of us realize however, is that we don't need to be represented by you, or have you as our spokesperson. We know the band will deliver an album when they are ready to do so. Without some whiny wannabe insider's constant "requests". Smiley

You use terms like "cash grab" to make yourself look cool. And in reality you'll support it if it benefits you. A new album would make cash for somebody as well, you don't mind. There's other examples but this isn't the place to point out your hypocrisy....

/jarmo

I know that Sanctuary has been out of the picture, that's why i wrote Sanctuary/Universal... When Axl was doing Chinese Democracy though he was in Sanctuary for a long period of time, and that's what i meant. (Trying to twist again uh Jarmo?  Undecided)

I'm not representing you or anybody that doesn't have a mind of its own, that can't think for themselves and instead let themselves sell their opinions because they think they're protecting GNR in some way and are their little soldiers.

I'm representing the people who have REAL opinions, who care to express what is wrong and right no matter how much they like GNR, and who don't sell themselves just to be able to go on tour with the band and have their site paid for. Tongue (not to be an asshole, but... it's true...)

A new album makes cash for somebody, but it gives a purpose to this band and it gives a purpose to the constant touring..

In your own words:

"Albums promote Tours"

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #782 on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »

Hopefully a new record would do well and make money, but that's where the risk is.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #783 on: January 03, 2013, 10:12:25 AM »

Hopefully a new record would do well and make money, but that's where the risk is.

Why does it need to make money Huh
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #784 on: January 03, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »

This thread seems to be Halo vs HTGTH, but for the most part I'm reading very extreme opinions, with no one being half as "right" as they think they are.
Not insinuating that my or any one persons opinion is any more valid than another's, but I don't think it's strange to wonder what is preventing another album? What has prevented multiple GN'R albums over the years? I think it's more than safe to say that, for whatever reason, over half of GN'R life span is filled with wasted opportunity. I don't expect to hear it on this forum, but there must be an interesting story behind it.
What is the point of being an artist that does not create art? This incarnation of GN'R showcases (primarily past incarnation's) art with the best of them, they've proved it many times over, but can they create? I'd be interested to find out. If they have time to tour, they have time to record. Everyone knows they don't "owe" us anything.
As a fan of Axl Rose, given the choice(which I don't have), I'd prefer to hear what he has left in the studio before catching GN'R on it's next run of phenomenal concerts.
That said I'm not holding my breath, because with Axl's track record I'd have time to die 7,884,000 times over.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #785 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »

Axl has all the ingredients in him to be successful and to put out another kick ass album, it's just a matter of wanting to do so really and be more willing to compromise a plan with the Record company. At this point in Axl's career there's no risks... he's well established as an artist already, and so is "Guns N'Roses". No matter how good or shitty the album would be, Guns N'Roses would still be Guns N'Roses and they would still sell at least a million records. Everyone would be curious enough to check it out.

All record companies want is to sell albums, so i don't think it would be too dificult to compromising...but maybe Axl needs to be a little more humble since he doesn't have the same band on his back anymore. So perhaps his needs to be able to make the next record are kinda high considering is in a completely different band now. Maybe he's asking too much money on the negotiations, to fund the album. Maybe the record company is afraid of another Chinese Democracy fiasco... A lot of million dollars were spent on nothing... no one would like to have their money wasted like that.
Axl needs to be humble and realize Guns is not the same band no more. The budgets for albums should be much lower than they were before with the Old  Band. They also SELL LESS then the albums that were released in the OLD band era...Even though they can still sell pretty good!

To me it will all be around the ability for Axl to accept that and compromise to a realistic plan for his release.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #786 on: January 03, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »

This thread seems to be Halo vs HTGTH, but for the most part I'm reading very extreme opinions, with no one being half as "right" as they think they are.
Not insinuating that my or any one persons opinion is any more valid than another's, but I don't think it's strange to wonder what is preventing another album? What has prevented multiple GN'R albums over the years? I think it's more than safe to say that, for whatever reason, over half of GN'R life span is filled with wasted opportunity. I don't expect to hear it on this forum, but there must be an interesting story behind it.
What is the point of being an artist that does not create art? This incarnation of GN'R showcases (primarily past incarnation's) art with the best of them, they've proved it many times over, but can they create? I'd be interested to find out. If they have time to tour, they have time to record. Everyone knows they don't "owe" us anything.
As a fan of Axl Rose, given the choice(which I don't have), I'd prefer to hear what he has left in the studio before catching GN'R on it's next run of phenomenal concerts.
That said I'm not holding my breath, because with Axl's track record I'd have time to die 7,884,000 times over.

The  "band doesn't owes an album" excuse is the typical answer of a fanatic  fan who can't look at both sides of the fence and distinguish the good from bad or the right from wrong.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #787 on: January 03, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »

I know that Sanctuary has been out of the picture, that's why i wrote Sanctuary/Universal... When Axl was doing Chinese Democracy though he was in Sanctuary for a long period of time, and that's what i meant. (Trying to twist again uh Jarmo?  Undecided)

Sanctuary had nothing to do with Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses was always with Geffen/Interscope. (Universal became their parent company some years ago, but the label stayed Geffen).

Guns N' Roses had a stint with Sanctuary Management, and I believe Sanctuary had the publishing rights of the back catalog for some period. (I'm not sure but I believe that's in the hands of Black Frog publishing now).

Sanctuary Records was never affiliated with GN'R, so I'm not sure why you're mentioning Sanctuary and Universal in the same setting?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #788 on: January 03, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »

Sanctuary had nothing to do with Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses was always with Geffen/Interscope. (Universal became their parent company some years ago, but the label stayed Geffen).

Guns N' Roses had a stint with Sanctuary Management, and I believe Sanctuary had the publishing rights of the back catalog for some period. (I'm not sure but I believe that's in the hands of Black Frog publishing now).

Sanctuary Records was never affiliated with GN'R, so I'm not sure why you're mentioning Sanctuary and Universal in the same setting?

Chinese Democracy was at some point supposed to be release by Sanctuary/Interscope

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #789 on: January 03, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »

Chinese Democracy was at some point supposed to be release by Sanctuary/Interscope

Geffen Records (which is part of Interscope-Geffen-A&M) is, and has always been the label.

I thought Sancturay only controlled the music-publishing rights of the back catalog at the time. Did they provide financial funds directly into the making of the record? I don't believe so.

Sweetness is a virtue
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #790 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »

Geffen Records (which is part of Interscope-Geffen-A&M) is, and has always been the label.

I thought Sancturay only controlled the music-publishing rights of the back catalog at the time. Did they provide financial funds directly into the making of the record? I don't believe so.

Well i'm not sure to be honest, i could be wrong. I don't think Sanctuary had anything to do with the OLD band albums. Again i could be wrong.

My point was that i'm sure the Label tried to negotiate the release of the album several times with Axl and Axl didn't compromise, and therefore was delayed and delayed and delayed, and more millions of dollars were spent because of it.

But i knew Sanctuary has been out of the picture for a long time now!

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #791 on: January 03, 2013, 11:57:01 AM »

Well i'm not sure to be honest, i could be wrong. I don't think Sanctuary had anything to do with the OLD band albums. Again i could be wrong.

I'm quite sure. Otherwise, why would Slash and Duff file a lawsuit over royalties in 2005 because of the change of music-publisher.

My point was that i'm sure the Label tried to negotiate the release of the album several times with Axl and Axl didn't compromise, and therefore was delayed and delayed and delayed, and more millions of dollars were spent because of it.

But i knew Sanctuary has been out of the picture for a long time now!

My point was that Sanctuary were never GN'R's label.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #792 on: January 03, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »

Axl has all the ingredients in him to be successful and to put out another kick ass album, it's just a matter of wanting to do so really and be more willing to compromise a plan with the Record company. At this point in Axl's career there's no risks... he's well established as an artist already, and so is "Guns N'Roses". No matter how good or shitty the album would be, Guns N'Roses would still be Guns N'Roses and they would still sell at least a million records. Everyone would be curious enough to check it out.

All record companies want is to sell albums, so i don't think it would be too dificult to compromising...but maybe Axl needs to be a little more humble since he doesn't have the same band on his back anymore. So perhaps his needs to be able to make the next record are kinda high considering is in a completely different band now. Maybe he's asking too much money on the negotiations, to fund the album. Maybe the record company is afraid of another Chinese Democracy fiasco... A lot of million dollars were spent on nothing... no one would like to have their money wasted like that.

To me it will all be around the ability for Axl to accept that and compromise to a realistic plan for his release.

You're so full of yourself.

You read some articles and think you actually know stuff.

In one sentence you say there's no risks for Axl, in another you say the record company doesn't want a "fiasco" (your word) like Chinese Democracy.

Isn't that a definition of a risk?

Did you ever think that maybe Axl doesn't want to be in that situation again? And maybe that's why the next album hasn't been released? Of course you thought of that. You know everything. Smiley

Then you go and say things everybody knows, but it seems like you think Axl doesn't, the guy who's actually in the band!

Axl needs to be humble and realize Guns is not the same band no more. The budgets for albums should be much lower than they were before with the Old  Band. They also SELL LESS then the albums that were released in the OLD band era...Even though they can still sell pretty good!

What's next? You'll give him a lesson about this new thing called the Internet? Sending and receiving e-mails maybe?

The only people who don't seem to be aware of the fact that albums sell less these days than in the 1990s are the ones who label Chinese Democracy a "fiasco".

Now, who would do that.......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #793 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:20 PM »

Halo I am with you on that... I cringe every time i read "the band doesnt owe you anything"

its like right out of a cult...lol

being a fan is one thing... but believing in that the band or the people involved can do no wrong..is just un realistic

im a fan of the GNR brand.. the music.. it helps me get thru shit.. but i dont care for anybody involved with the band on a personal level... they dont care about me...

they provide a service... and get paid for it.. and as a fan i want more of the service... its not about them owing it to me or not owing it to me

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #794 on: January 03, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »

and to the people who defend the band to the very end

you cant blame people for being skeptical or antsy for something new...

like it or not... it took a long time for the last record... that gives people room and reason to doubt...

as for halo and his claims... their his claims... no matter how wrong they might be.. who cares

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #795 on: January 03, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »

Halo I am with you on that... I cringe every time i read "the band doesnt owe you anything"

being a fan is one thing... but believing in that the band or the people involved can do no wrong..is just un realistic

im a fan of the GNR brand.. the music.. it helps me get thru shit.. but i dont care for anybody involved with the band on a personal level... they dont care about me...

they provide a service... and get paid for it.. and as a fan i want more of the service... its not about them owing it to me or not owing it to me

Do you think there's any Guns fans out there who doesn't want new music? I'm sure we all do.

It's just the way some go about it, thinking they know what's going on behind the curtain.

An area of improvement for the band would be to become a little bit more open about their plans regarding new material. But I understand that things might be more complex than what it appears to the public, and there might not be much info at the moment.

Sweetness is a virtue
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #796 on: January 03, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »

Bicycle, i'm not demanding an album for me, I'm requesting an album for all of us, the fans, who are the "clients" of GNR. Universal/Sanctuary, who Axl WORKS FOR, was demanding the album for years (Chinese Democracy) and Axl didn't deliver.

All of your conclusions are incredibly logically flawed. The fans are the customers of GNR, not the clients. Sanctuary worked for GNR, GNR did not work for Sanctuary. GNR does not work for Universal, GNR and UMG are partners.

None of which equates to your comparison about when you have to go to work.

If GNR comes to your area and the setlist of the tour doesn't interest you, stay home.

But stop the whining and stop the lying.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #797 on: January 03, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »

There's nothing "cult-like" that I can see about stating that the band doesn't owe us anything.  It's just a simple statement of the facts.  You pay for concert tickets, you get concerts.  You've paid for past albums and you've gotten those albums.  What none of us has done is make a down payment on a future album or release of any kind that would justify the sense of entitlement some people have.

We all want new music.  But wanting new music and feeling entitled to it are two separate and different things.

And the release of new music or not is not a question of right or wrong.  So, the discussion of doing "no wrong" is pointless.

Ali
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #798 on: January 03, 2013, 02:03:21 PM »

A compromise is by definition: "A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions."
Sometimes you make yourself a point above that stuff can't be discussed. You draw a line. And if one side wants to go past that line any negotiation is doomed.

I don't know if that was the case, I don't know what really went on with the timeline of the record.
I just think an artist should be able to deliver his art when he is ready to do so.
Sometimes artists take a break for whatever reasons. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle hat a 10 year break between Sherlock Holmes stories for example.
And he hadn't had the need to rebuild a band around him from the scratch.
You can enlighten us and share some insights why the record took so long. But back it up with some facts instead of repeating "he could have done" bla bla.

Calling fans names just because they think that the band doesn't owe us anything is weird.
I don't support your ideas and thoughts but I have to tolerate them, that's what people do in democratic countries.

The die hard fan is a fan who is going through all shit considering the band. He isn't always agreeing with everything the band is doing, but he is accepting it.
That doesn't mean that people should question things. But as long as you don't know what's really going on in the camp, you can't act as if you do. Wink
The casual fan wants to hear the hits when attending a show, he isn't surprised if there aren't any new songs played. All of your stuff concerning "cash grab tours" is really funny. Of course tours generate money, so does merchandising. But that's the way it goes since the album sales decreased.
It isn't a surprise that a lot of acts are having problems with their labels. To me sometimes labels appear as kind of modern investment bankers. They appear to be shareholders of the artists, and what good bankers do is squeeze as long as the cow is giving milk.

One side note on your Jarmo stuff:
To me is sounds like you are jealous that he has the chance to live a lot of people's dream by having close contacts to his favorite band and that it isn't you.

If every fan would be like you the world would be "Idiocracy"-like.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #799 on: January 03, 2013, 02:09:43 PM »

This thread has gone from rumor/speculation to incessant whining on both sides.  I feel sorry for those who spend an inordinate amount of time bickering about what Axl and his band does or does not do.  Its just music kids!  Appreciate what you get from any member of GNR past and present, because it won't last forever.  Even though I have not personally been happy with the stagnant set lists, I still had fun at the shows and hope for the best next time.  I'd like to hear an album of new music, but if I don't get it I am not going to shed a tear or criticize anyone for it.  I'd rather the members be happy and active, than frustrated and inactive. 

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: