Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678843 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #640 on: December 22, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »

It's just reality that there have not been many news events regarding post Illusion era GN'R since 1996.
This site has done an admirable job of keeping on top of them.

1 album, lots of tours, turnover in personnel.
I don't consider tour reviews, fan speculation, rare pics, or the fact that GN'R now has 19 million facebook friends to be news.

You're not talking about news, you're talking about message board discussions.

Saying there's no news is like saying nothing has happened. Which obviously is a bunch of bullshit, and stating something ignorant like that makes you look ignorant.

GN'R touring in Asia is news, GN'R playing 12 shows in Las Vegas is news, GN'R streaming a show on radio is news, GN'R playing the Bridge School Benefit for kids is news etc etc etc.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:21:59 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #641 on: December 22, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »

For me, issues for a new album are not when but if.

Can't see any concrete signs for a new release other than general band member chat.

Wish it were otherwise, I love Guns

Ditto, I'd love to hear an official statement from Guns that they have some plan or timetable for a new album or release.

But given such has bitten them on the behind before (all the grief Axl copped for the length of time CD took for instance) this probably means we won't hear anything official until any new release is nearly ready.

From recollection the official release date for CD was only announced one month before it went on sale...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #642 on: December 22, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »

It's just reality that there have not been many news events regarding post Illusion era GN'R since 1996.

I don't consider tour reviews, fan speculation, rare pics, or the fact that GN'R now has 19 million facebook friends to be news.

Saying there's no news is like saying nothing has happened. Which obviously is a bunch of bullshit, and stating something ignorant like that makes you look ignorant.

GN'R touring in Asia is news, GN'R playing 12 shows in Las Vegas is news, GN'R streaming a show on radio is news, GN'R playing the Bridge School Benefit for kids is news etc etc etc.

/jarmo

Well call me ignorant but everything you list falls under touring in my book.
Let's agree to disagree.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #643 on: December 22, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »

/jarmo

GNR had the biggest show in India of some international act,even bigger than Rstones show is news...
GNR had 30 Euro arenas and stadium dates is news...
Jarmo didn't want to help Kalina and me,to met some GNR members is Big news,lol
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #644 on: December 22, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »

Let's agree to disagree.

Yeah, in my opinion it's ignorant to disregard something like that.

We had none of the three hour plus shows to even discuss a few years ago. And you're comparing the present to that? Ridiculous.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »

Well, I'm with LongGoneDay on this one. GnR touring might be newsworthy, but after a while it's just: what else is new? It's cool seeing them live, sure, but after a while, one starts wondering if this band actually has a point, a raison d'?tre.

The live comeback on january 1st, 2001 and the 2002 tour, now that was exciting--because we were hearing new music and thought we would get a record soon. But there is no such perspective now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:25:37 PM by Chuzeville » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #646 on: December 22, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »

Because in 2006 and 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 the band didn't play anything they hadn't done in 2001 and 2002? Right...

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #647 on: December 22, 2012, 03:37:44 PM »

I think you know exactly what I mean by 'new music' and that does not include cover versions or inclusion of older tracks previously not played live but current line up.

But roll your eyes all you want.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #648 on: December 22, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »

/jarmo

Let's agree to disagree.
It sounds like your definition of news does not include anything touring-related. Which is fine, but not necessarily intuitive. So, a clarification could've avoided what seems to be an argument based on semantics.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #649 on: December 23, 2012, 06:42:08 AM »

I think you know exactly what I mean by 'new music' and that does not include cover versions or inclusion of older tracks previously not played live but current line up.

But roll your eyes all you want.

The whole point is that you agree with the guy who states that touring is not newsworthy. Like having your favorite (?) band on tour is no big deal.

You either don't care about live shows/tours at all, which would explain it, or you're just ignorant and disregard what most bands spend months and months doing. Which is playing in front of their fans.

According to that "logic", GN'R hasn't been active in the last three years. Which is total bullshit!

So stop whining and acting like it's 2005 or something.

/jarmo

piab70
Opening Act

« Reply #650 on: December 23, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »

As a fan who re-discovered GNR a year ago, I'm pretty damn happy. Bought CD the day it came out, listened once and threw it away. Honestly, hadn't thought about GNR in several years. I was a SixxAm fan and knew Ashba was in GNR. So, I bought CD again and really listened to it several times and fell in love with it!! My first show was Miami and it was the best concert I've ever seen!! Went to several more shows on the East Coast, and flew to Seattle to see Duff and Axl together and did the NYE's shows in Vegas. Also did a few M&G's along the way. I talked some of my hardcore Bon Jovi friends into going to some shows and they fell in love with the band.

Thank you to GNR for putting on kickass shows. And, yes you are attracting some fans who had not thought about you in several years.

Pia
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #651 on: December 23, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »

Some folk's obviously were not around for the real dead no news at all years back when.  I would take GN'R on the road over any of the dark days that once was. ok
cineater
Legend

« Reply #652 on: December 23, 2012, 11:28:50 PM »

I remember that. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #653 on: December 23, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »

jesus Jarmo, relax.    
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:40:24 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #654 on: December 24, 2012, 12:14:44 AM »

jesus Jarmo, relax.    

Why?  What he is saying makes sense to most of us beer
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #655 on: December 24, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »

Touring is great! Just like eating pancakes is great, but when you eat pancakes for 2 years it gets old and you don't wanna eat them no more. Same with touring... When you hardly put anything on the setlist that kinda previews what's coming next... it becomes uninteresting. Especially on GNR's case, with all the drama that surrounded the album.

Maybe Axl should be more humble and look at it this way... damn... my fans waited for 15 years for a damn album, the album didn't even got released as i wanted them to see it (artwork), they got a cheap artwork with lots of typos, it's not like i owe them, but cmon... i'll throw them a bone... here's two new songs to the setlist... Goin' Down and The General...
Hopefully that will keep them entertained until eventually a new album comes out and they will keep coming to the shows with the same happiness they always do.

Instead... he probably thinks like this:

Hell they will be coming to the shows anyway, and i need money to fund the new album. I don't care if they have the same setlist or not. I'll throw a couple of covers, plus a couple of songs of the Illusions and they'll be fine... Once i get enough money from Chinese Democracy, i'll think about making something new. I don't work for them or owe them anything at all... why should i care... i will do as i wish and they have to live with it, move on and wait for new songs...
Plus i can't risk the songs to be leaked again... it will cost me a lot of money...money money money money....

Honestly i think Axl does it for the money.... i don't see the passion for the music anymore in him... i see it as he's doing his job..and all he cares is about making more money... maybe that's why he even wanted the name so bad...

Obviously we're gonna have the people saying that he's filthy rich already bla bla bla... well guess what, once you get rich you become greedy and jealous and all you want is more and more and more, and you become so greedy that you don't even care who you have to stomp or who you have run down or what you have to do to make more money!

The real money is on touring and that's why Axl keeps touring, to make money... to do his job! He couldn't care less about releasing new music to the fans, He couldn't care less how lucky he is to be an artist and being able to entertain millions of fans, to make a difference in their lives, to create art. He couldn't care less what you think of it...

Prove me wrong Axl!

Hopefully i won't get banned or my post won't be deleted for telling the truth. I'm hoping i just get one of those  Roll Eyes from Jarmo...Will see

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:03:26 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #656 on: December 24, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »

well no matter how die hard anybody is or how much they defend and support Axls "vision"

facts are facts... 

its been a long time with not so many songs released... 1 album in close to 20 years...

id expect that pattern to continue some what .. and thats disappointing

but im a sucker anyway... next time they come to my area of the world...ill be there... regardless of any new music 

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #657 on: December 24, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »

and it seems to me that now would be the perfect time to put out more too...

never before has the post illusions era received more acclaim for their performances... but what do i know

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
axlstern
Headliner

« Reply #658 on: December 24, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

jesus Jarmo, relax.    

Why?  What he is saying makes sense to most of us beer
WORD!!!!....Jarmo is the man & he does make sense.....BUT.....he does seem to get irritated  rant alot...chilllllllllllllllll.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #659 on: December 24, 2012, 10:52:52 AM »

Touring is great! Just like eating pancakes is great, but when you eat pancakes for 2 years it gets old and you don't wanna eat them no more. Same with touring... When you hardly put anything on the setlist that kinda previews what's coming next... it becomes uninteresting. Especially on GNR's case, with all the drama that surrounded the album.

Maybe Axl should be more humble and look at it this way... damn... my fans waited for 15 years for a damn album, the album didn't even got released as i wanted them to see it (artwork), they got a cheap artwork with lots of typos, it's not like i owe them, but cmon... i'll throw them a bone... here's two new songs to the setlist... Goin' Down and The General...
Hopefully that will keep them entertained until eventually a new album comes out and they will keep coming to the shows with the same happiness they always do.

Instead... he probably thinks like this:

Hell they will be coming to the shows anyway, and i need money to fund the new album. I don't care if they have the same setlist or not. I'll throw a couple of covers, plus a couple of songs of the Illusions and they'll be fine... Once i get enough money from Chinese Democracy, i'll think about making something new. I don't work for them or owe them anything at all... why should i care... i will do as i wish and they have to live with it, move on and wait for new songs...
Plus i can't risk the songs to be leaked again... it will cost me a lot of money...money money money money....

Honestly i think Axl does it for the money.... i don't see the passion for the music anymore in him... i see it as he's doing his job..and all he cares is about making more money... maybe that's why he even wanted the name so bad...

Obviously we're gonna have the people saying that he's filthy rich already bla bla bla... well guess what, once you get rich you become greedy and jealous and all you want is more and more and more, and you become so greedy that you don't even care who you have to stomp or who you have run down or what you have to do to make more money!

The real money is on touring and that's why Axl keeps touring, to make money... to do his job! He couldn't care less about releasing new music to the fans, He couldn't care less how lucky he is to be an artist and being able to entertain millions of fans, to make a difference in their lives, to create art. He couldn't care less what you think of it...

Prove me wrong Axl!

Hopefully i won't get banned or my post won't be deleted for telling the truth. I'm hoping i just get one of those  Roll Eyes from Jarmo...Will see

That's YOUR truth, or should I say that's how you see it.  Thankfully other see it differently
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: