Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679012 times)
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #620 on: December 20, 2012, 04:06:55 PM »

I don't care what era it comes from.. It is GnR and the music rocks from every era.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #621 on: December 20, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »

and i gather that will be the consensus... as long as it sees the light of they day... the people on this board wont care who the musicians are who wrote the parts

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #622 on: December 20, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »

i guess... but why stop there... ha how bout some unreleased slash/izzy tracks.... lol

i dont know.. just my preference to have songs created by the present

Hmm..... That IS actually a good question! Where DO we as fans draw the line? And I don't for one second mean that we have any say in what it is Axl or GNR should or can do.

But I've always been of the mindset that I'd LOVE to get an album from the sessions that CD came out of. I love that album so much! We always heard talk about the plan being to release more than just one album.
But as the years keep rolling, it actually feels kinda weird.
IF we get a CD part II next year or the year after that. That album will have been created by a band that's no longer around. It will have been created by a band that was around over 10 years ago. 10 years!

I mean, I can see that some will look at it like, from around 97/98 untill now, it's basicly the "same lineup". You know? Because that's like when "the new era" began. But should that invisible line in time be of any importance to us as fans of Guns N' Roses' music?
Sure, we all know it's important to some people that are in the band now. Some bad blood etc etc. And it's easy to blow off this thought with arguments like "We will get new music that the current band (Axl) want to release and we get no say in the matter". Sure, we all know that.

But my God! When you really take a step back and look at the history of this band and the different fractions of the fanbase etc etc. Stuff is really weird! I don't know how many times I'v tried to explain GNR-related stuff to my friends, where the sentence started with: "I know it sounds weird, but....bla bla bla..." 

Stavanger-rock-city!!
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #623 on: December 20, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »

I want it all - leftovers, new stuff, and live.  They should have enough material to release 4 cds by now.  Angry

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #624 on: December 20, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »

One in a million... you dont have a problem with Guns N Roses putting out an album that was really created by guys out of the band 10 years ago ??

I cant speak for one in a million, but as far as i go? Yeah I want as much BH/Finck stuff as possible...

What would the problem be? It was intended to be released at some point

Exactly my thoughts too...

I guess in an ideal world the next album would contain 80% CD era songs from Finck/Bucket, with 20% being material by the current band (2009-onwards)... I could see that happening for sure. We know that there are LOADS of legendary rumoured song titles from the CD era, and we are looking at up to 20-30. So why would Axl choose to start from scratch with DJ, etc... he won't do that because he is smart.  hihi

Not taking anything away from DJ, but he is more of a classic rock type of player which I feel would write typical bluesy rock songs, which is not what GN'R has been about from 1999-2007. That's why I believe Axl has not been in a hurry to record with the current line-up (2009-present), because he knows he already has all the material he needs.

He may want to make them add to the songs, but believe me the body and structure of the songs would have been created by Tobias, Richard, Finck, Bucket and Brain... that's surely common sense based on what happened with CD, with Ron and Frank adding to the existing structure created by the CD era line-up.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #625 on: December 20, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »

I get that.. and I am sure you know more about their current situation than I do..

but I find it hard to believe that if Guns N Roses wanted to present new material to the world that they havent done so solely because their label or contract hasnt allowed them to.. wouldnt they welcome it ?

I'm not claiming to know more than you or anyone else. I'm also not saying that the label is the sole reason hasn't allowed them to.  Maybe the record isn't ready.  maybe the label doesn't hear enough singles.  I don't know.  No one does.  I just don't see how you can eliminate the label from the equation when GN'R is still tied to said label contractually.

Ali
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #626 on: December 20, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »

My one concern about Axl not being in a rush to record with the current lineup is that some of them may eventually leave if they don't get the opportunity to contribute to new material.  I love this band, and they've been touring now consistently for a few years. But integrity plays into it, and while GN'R's pace definitely leaves time for some side projects, I'm sure they don't want to be part of what the public may begin to perceive as just a nostalgia act if new material is not released.  And when they do release another album with stuff from CD era recordings, it may feel like a slap in the face to the current line up if they are asked to continue to tour on more material that they didn't write. I think One In A Million is right that the next record should have about 20% new material.  I think that would be a fair thing to do.  Obviously releasing recordings with Robin, Bucket and Brain is different than releasing unreleased stuff with the orignal line up in that this stuff was meant to be released, and it should be as I'm certain it will be great.  I'm hoping 2013 is the year of getting things together on the next album front as I feel like they've done everything they can to tour CD as this point. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #627 on: December 20, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »

The current lineup is pretty solid after touring for a few years now.  If the issue is with the business side they can put it out on their own. Lots of bands bypass the labels now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #628 on: December 21, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »

I hope that Axl drops the names of all the old CD era stuff, like he did with The Blues. Then releases an Album with the current band and re- records any old stuff and gives the band writing credits, so as to say at some point long past its release "The CD era stuff, has been released, but has been updated with this band, they are responsible, good or bad, for what you have on the last album"

This has been discussed to death, Axl would do well to let this matter see closure and leave the purist wondering how they couldn't see that music styles, can be replicated, played and recorded and break the myth that that member x is all over it. New stuff by newest members every time for me. smoking

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #629 on: December 21, 2012, 02:26:18 AM »

Might actually be that the label wants to release the unreleased material to recoup his investments without paying for any "finishing touches" and Axl doesn't want that.
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #630 on: December 21, 2012, 05:10:25 AM »

I don't care who's playing the instruments as long as Axl is singing and writing the lyrics. I loved slash's guitar parts, I loved Finck/Bucket and their guitar parts and I'm sure I will love DJ's guitar parts on any new record. The truth is, if Bumblefoot left the band then most of us would love the guy who takes his place, no disrespect to Bumblefoot, as I am sure we continue to love him anyway.

Its like when your sports team gets a new player.

Last point, unless you are an idiot its OK to like everyone who was ever connected to GnR, you don't have to take sides, its not your argument. Just listen to what you like.  peace

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #631 on: December 21, 2012, 10:58:49 AM »

Nothing is going to happen but a neverending tour, just calm down  Smiley

As someone of the band said (bf?), they still haven't wrote anything togheter "as a band"  so...  ok
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:01:43 AM by ITARocker » Logged
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #632 on: December 21, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »

Nothing is going to happen but a neverending tour, just calm down  Smiley
Unfortunately, this.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #633 on: December 21, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »

well if we are not going to speculate on the possibility of new music... then whats the point to all of this ?

if all this is to just read the updates from jarmo or whoever at the shows... other than a couple of songs... the setlist is basically the same every night (it is what it is) ... that gets pretty boring ..if thats all we are gunna do

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #634 on: December 21, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »

i enjoy coming here to get any info or updates with the band i can get

but if there is nothing to look forward to in terms of new stuff ... then  that ends all that

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #635 on: December 21, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »

well if we are not going to speculate on the possibility of new music... then whats the point to all of this ?

if all this is to just read the updates from jarmo or whoever at the shows... other than a couple of songs... the setlist is basically the same every night (it is what it is) ... that gets pretty boring ..if thats all we are gunna do

There's very rarely any news of interest regarding post Illusion GN'R.
That's just the way they choose to operate for whatever reason. Not much happening, so not much to report.

Still, if something positive happens, it will be posted here.
This board does a good job leaving the bullshit to other sites.

I don't find myself in this section to often.
I've written GN'R off as a creative entity until they prove otherwise.

There are many varying opinions here, but for the most part, people are pretty respectful, which is pretty rare in a forum.

Practically all of the ex-members are very productive, so plenty of news on that front as well as unrelated bands, sports etc.

Plenty of material here to hold us over until GN'R decides to do something.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #636 on: December 21, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

That's just the way they choose to operate for whatever reason. Not much happening, so not much to report.

Amazing.

What a way to discredit anything that has happened since 1996.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #637 on: December 21, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »

Amazing.

What a way to discredit anything that has happened since 1996.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Not meant to discredit anything GN'R has done.
I was paying the HTGTH site a compliment.

Scanning through the news section, top stories are fans GN'R tattoos, issues with vinyl Chinese Democracy, tour reviews, vote for GN'R fan polls etc.
It's just reality that there have not been many news events regarding post Illusion era GN'R since 1996.
This site has done an admirable job of keeping on top of them.

1 album, lots of tours, turnover in personnel.
I don't consider tour reviews, fan speculation, rare pics, or the fact that GN'R now has 19 million facebook friends to be news.

The HOF was geared more towards the classic lineup, and Axl essentially shunned that attention.
It's not a knock in any way shape or form. If Axl wanted attention, he could get it. People are dying to give it to him.
Hell, when Axl gives an interview it's practically the equivalent to any other band releasing a new album.

As much as I would love to hear more from one of my personal favorite songwriters, I'm at peace with what Axl's career and GN'R has become.
To me they are a phenomenal live show. Any future release will be an unexpected bonus for me.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #638 on: December 21, 2012, 10:26:27 PM »

I don't care who's playing the instruments as long as Axl is singing and writing the lyrics. I loved slash's guitar parts, I loved Finck/Bucket and their guitar parts and I'm sure I will love DJ's guitar parts on any new record. The truth is, if Bumblefoot left the band then most of us would love the guy who takes his place, no disrespect to Bumblefoot, as I am sure we continue to love him anyway.

Its like when your sports team gets a new player.

Last point, unless you are an idiot its OK to like everyone who was ever connected to GnR, you don't have to take sides, its not your argument. Just listen to what you like.  peace

Well said!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #639 on: December 22, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »

For me, issues for a new album are not when but if.

Can't see any concrete signs for a new release other than general band member chat.

Wish it were otherwise, I love Guns

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: