Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679007 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #600 on: December 11, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »

i think the never ending changes in the bands lineup makes a box set... seem ... a little ... strange for lack of a better word

it would be cool as hell tho

its all speculation... thats the fun of it i guess... no need to tell people to shut the fuck up for having a guess or thought

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #601 on: December 11, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »

i think the never ending changes in the bands lineup makes a box set... seem ... a little ... strange for lack of a better word

its all speculation... thats the fun of it i guess... no need to tell people to shut the fuck up for having a guess or thought
Maybe not, but he has been "guessing", or claiming to know things for some time now.  So people are rightfully skeptical.  It'd be one thing if a person said, "I think an album will be out within the next year", but he's been saying much more than that along the way, none of which has come close to being confirmed.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #602 on: December 11, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »

I don't think it's a factor about the line-up changes regarding a boxset release. This is because I feel Axl would be comfortable in releasing anything which was recorded from 1999 onwards, regardless of the musicians who played on them. Everyone who has been involved in the band from that time period is still on very good terms with Axl and GN'R, so I don't think it's a factor at all.

I view every version of GN'R since 1999, as one big family who all get along.  Smiley
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #603 on: December 11, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »

I heard a rumor that Guns is working on a new album.

It was 31 friggin' pages back if you care to look.

hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #604 on: December 12, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »

let's the band doing some good money with touring, and after that
harassing them to go to the studio before the end of the world.  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #605 on: December 19, 2012, 02:54:53 AM »

Now when this year is almost over I think there is no other option for GNR than to release a new album next year. Chinese Democracy is now over 4 years old and I think it's definitely a time for the brand new album. This year was a great one for the band and I think that's why it would be suitable to release that new cd in 2013. If nothing happens next year then it starts to look like another Chinese Democracy... but I have high hopes about this now, I want to believe, I want to hear new Guns N' Roses music in 2013.  peace

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #606 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »

I think that its gonna least be 2014 now before we get a new G'n'R CD of music. Because it was said there is issues to work out with the label , plus sitting down and recording etc etc. Hopefully we get one by 2014.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »

Did anybody mention the label?  My opinion, not until Axl's dead will they give them another deal. 
Sorry Axl.  Hey, I can wait for that.  Oh wait, I'm going first so I don't guess I'll hear it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2012, 01:54:09 AM »

Did anybody mention the label?  My opinion, not until Axl's dead will they give them another deal. 
Sorry Axl.  Hey, I can wait for that.  Oh wait, I'm going first so I don't guess I'll hear it.

What?! What do you mean you're going first?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2012, 02:49:57 AM »

Looking back at the early part of this thread, I had high hopes for an album this year.

Looks like it may be a while yet, just wish the guys could give us a realistic window when we could possibly see a new release. Not a criticism, it would just be nice to know. \m/

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2012, 05:37:17 AM »

In my opinion they cant be that confident with the left over Chinese stuff cos it sounds like they want to record new stuff . I would personally prefer to clear up the Bucket/Finck/Tobias era stuff, while we are digesting that they can work on brand new Ashba/Bumblefoot/Fortus stuff.
I guess any new music from GnR would be awesome i try not to think about it as it does my swede in.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »

You know what it has nothing to do with labels or record deals... Some o these songs are like over 10 tears old right?

If Axl wanted to release them.. He would have .. No?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #612 on: December 20, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »

In my opinion they cant be that confident with the left over Chinese stuff cos it sounds like they want to record new stuff . I would personally prefer to clear up the Bucket/Finck/Tobias era stuff, while we are digesting that they can work on brand new Ashba/Bumblefoot/Fortus stuff.
I guess any new music from GnR would be awesome i try not to think about it as it does my swede in.
I have absolutely no interest in old buckethead/finck/Tobias stuff...they haven't been in GNR for a long time now...finck was the last to leave and that was about 5 years ago already. If there's a new album it should be from the current lineup for 2 reasons. A) because this is the best lineup they've had. B) because this has been the lineup for the last 5 years. I want an album from GNR...not a bunch of ex members/misfits.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »

JeffK... i agree with you... i think ideally you want the album to be written and created by the current roster

and im a big Robin Finck fan ...but its silly like you said hes been gone for a bunch of years now

he left... for whatever his reasons were

i dont love DJ Ashba.... but the one thing ill give him... hes the most positive and out there of any of the guitarists GNR has had since the classic lineup... he certainly is the company man and wants to see this thru... which cant be said for Bucketheat or Finck and Ron

he certainly gives the impression that he really wants to leave his signature on the GNR catalouge

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #614 on: December 20, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

JeffK... i agree with you... i think ideally you want the album to be written and created by the current roster

and im a big Robin Finck fan ...but its silly like you said hes been gone for a bunch of years now

he left... for whatever his reasons were

i dont love DJ Ashba.... but the one thing ill give him... hes the most positive and out there of any of the guitarists GNR has had since the classic lineup... he certainly is the company man and wants to see this thru... which cant be said for Bucketheat or Finck and Ron

he certainly gives the impression that he really wants to leave his signature on the GNR catalouge

I personally want to hear as many songs from the CD era, as possible. Because it was a different kind of sound, which moved GN'R into a legendary phase, and made them different from other typical rock bands. I love Robin, and want to hear his input on the next album more than anything, but that's just because I love his style and vibe.

I don't want Axl to feel like he has to re-record songs that are already near completion, just for the sake of giving musicians like DJ more input on the record. I personally don't think Axl would do that, and I believe Axl knows he has the next album ready to go when he wants it, and that's why I believe he is not fussed about getting in the studio, like more recently during the Vegas residency.

Just my 2 cents...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #615 on: December 20, 2012, 03:21:59 PM »

One in a million... you dont have a problem with Guns N Roses putting out an album that was really created by guys out of the band 10 years ago ??

im a die hard Axl Rose fan...

but something like that wouldnt sit well with me ....like you i think Robin was the best thing guns n roses could have asked for at the time... but I think if we get those songs it legitimizes the perspective that its a solo project with input from additional musicians who play the songs on tour..  if this current group of players put out those songs

i want new songs as well.. so ill settle for anything ...ha..

but i really would prefer to get material created from scratch ... not stuff that is so old.. the time is passed i feel..and now Brain, Fink and Buckethead are gone...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #616 on: December 20, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »

You know what it has nothing to do with labels or record deals... Some o these songs are like over 10 tears old right?

If Axl wanted to release them.. He would have .. No?
How can you say it has "nothing" to do with labels when GN'R has a contract with a major label?  You do realize that as an artist beholden to a record label, they cannot just put out whatever album they feel like, whenever they feel like it?  The label has to be on board.  GN'R isn't the same boat as Radiohead or Smashing Pumpkins.  They are tied to a label.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #617 on: December 20, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »

I get that.. and I am sure you know more about their current situation than I do..

but I find it hard to believe that if Guns N Roses wanted to present new material to the world that they havent done so solely because their label or contract hasnt allowed them to.. wouldnt they welcome it ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #618 on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:43 PM »

One in a million... you dont have a problem with Guns N Roses putting out an album that was really created by guys out of the band 10 years ago ??

I cant speak for one in a million, but as far as i go? Yeah I want as much BH/Finck stuff as possible...

What would the problem be? It was intended to be released at some point
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #619 on: December 20, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »

i guess... but why stop there... ha how bout some unreleased slash/izzy tracks.... lol

i dont know.. just my preference to have songs created by the present

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: