Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679105 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #580 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »

Who knows, maybe Axl is holding off going into the studio because his voice isn't up to par.  Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now.  In 2010 (Rose Bar sessions for ex), Axl's voice was outstanding and had that deep rasp.  If an album was recorded during that time, that would have been awesome.  But maybe he knows that his voice isn't ready to record?  Or, maybe they will go into the studio after the new year?  Only Axl knows.  And again, Axl and GNR can do whatever they want to do, it's their choice.  As a fan however, I would love to see this band put out good music, promote their albums, play live on TV, put out singles, etc.      

That is the biggest pile of bullshit ever! Fuck me, recording a voice in the studio is the easiest thing to fake/alter/tune into a recording, they even have the means to do so live which isn't always the best but for studio work, you couldn't be more wrong.

One thing I have learned over the years is that Axl only puts out stuff he is happy with, and he's his own worst critic.  That in my view is the biggest roadblock to any release.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #581 on: December 07, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »

yeah i think any debate over his voice at the moment has nothing to do with this

I also think the momentum they have gained as a live act over the past 3 years or so does NOT help in getting new material out...

why mess anything up at the moment ? is something im sure Axl and Beta wrestle with

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »

a statement like "Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now" is an incorrect generalization to make[...]

ouch!! now thats where you really (in terms of his current voice and reality) got lost in your argumentation, Ali!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #583 on: December 07, 2012, 02:18:09 PM »

a statement like "Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now" is an incorrect generalization to make[...]

ouch!! now thats where you really (in terms of his current voice and reality) got lost in your argumentation, Ali!
What about that is so difficult for you to understand?  That tone is subjective and therefore not everyone may agree with an opinion on what kind of vocal tone is more appealing?

If so, that's too band for you.  Seems pretty simple enough to understand.

Ali
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #584 on: December 07, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »

I don't think there's any doubt that there is a stark contrast between Axl's voice today, and what his voice sounded like in 1991.
I prefer the 1991 version, but then again I think I prefer everything about 1991 over 2012!

Still, I'll take Chinese Democracy era Axl over just about anyone not named Chris Cornell or Mark Lanegan.

Just hope it isn't strained further, which I guess could be a downside to his penchant for touring.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #585 on: December 07, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »

I don't think there's any doubt that there is a stark contrast between Axl's voice today, and what his voice sounded like in 1991.
I prefer the 1991 version, but then again I think I prefer everything about 1991 over 2012!

Still, I'll take Chinese Democracy era Axl over just about anyone not named Chris Cornell or Mark Lanegan.

Just hope it isn't strained further, which I guess could be a downside to his penchant for touring.
Yeah, he uses his diaphragm more today and doesn't strain his chest voice to hit notes it shouldn't.

His voice was certainly not strained during the last two shows of the residency.

Ali
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #586 on: December 07, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »

"As far as the arguments about his voice, I think that's completely subjective and I disagree with your statement to put it politely.  Tone, like the "deep rasp" you mention is subjective and not everyone values that tone like you do, so a statement like "Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now" is an incorrect generalization to make.  I saw the last two shows of the residency and Axl sounded great both nights, from start to finish.  I spoke to several people about the shows who were there, and there were no complaints about his voice."

Your right, that's my opinion, and maybe I value that voice more.  However, I will say that I didn't read bad comments anywhere about the Rose Bar Sessions.  The same can't be said about recent shows (last couple years).  C'mon, your telling me that his voice (even as recent as Vegas) is his best? 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:43:20 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #587 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42:36 PM »

Who knows, maybe Axl is holding off going into the studio because his voice isn't up to par.  Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now.  In 2010 (Rose Bar sessions for ex), Axl's voice was outstanding and had that deep rasp.  If an album was recorded during that time, that would have been awesome.  But maybe he knows that his voice isn't ready to record?  Or, maybe they will go into the studio after the new year?  Only Axl knows.  And again, Axl and GNR can do whatever they want to do, it's their choice.  As a fan however, I would love to see this band put out good music, promote their albums, play live on TV, put out singles, etc.      

That is the biggest pile of bullshit ever! Fuck me, recording a voice in the studio is the easiest thing to fake/alter/tune into a recording, they even have the means to do so live which isn't always the best but for studio work, you couldn't be more wrong.

One thing I have learned over the years is that Axl only puts out stuff he is happy with, and he's his own worst critic.  That in my view is the biggest roadblock to any release.

I didn't say it WAS the reason dude, chill.  But you make it sound like it's an easy thing to do (make your voice sound perfect in the studio).  So your telling me that that high pitched voice that you hear at times on Chinese was something he was shooting for?  Maybe so....and if so, I'm not a fan. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

« Reply #588 on: December 07, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »

"As far as the arguments about his voice, I think that's completely subjective and I disagree with your statement to put it politely.  Tone, like the "deep rasp" you mention is subjective and not everyone values that tone like you do, so a statement like "Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now" is an incorrect generalization to make.  I saw the last two shows of the residency and Axl sounded great both nights, from start to finish.  I spoke to several people about the shows who were there, and there were no complaints about his voice."

Your right, that's my opinion, and maybe I value that voice more.  However, I will say that I didn't read bad comments anywhere about the Rose Bar Sessions.  The same can't be said about recent shows (last couple years).  C'mon, your telling me that his voice (even as recent as Vegas) is his best? 
I don't know about his best.  Maybe not as good as his voice was during the AFD days (I didn't see the band then, so I can't be sure), but he sounded better than when I saw GN'R in '92 and '06.  Furthermore, no one that I spoke to about the Vegas shows I was at, and I mean people AT the shows, were anything less than complimentary.

Ali
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #589 on: December 08, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »

DJ did a quick livestream chat today, he said they have Ballad of Death recorded in Studio and he would like it to make the cut on the next record. I asked what is holding back the recordings for the album and he said they've been touring a lot and that's why they didn't have the chance to go the studio together...

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #590 on: December 08, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »

With all respect but I hope ballad won't make it on the album. It's a great tune, I like to hear it live. But it's a "solo" not a "song" for me.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #591 on: December 08, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »

With all respect but I hope ballad won't make it on the album. It's a great tune, I like to hear it live. But it's a "solo" not a "song" for me.
that's a tough call to make without hearing the "full song". I personally love the solo and had wished they worked it into a song with vocals so I'd like to hear it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #592 on: December 08, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »

So a couple things... I'm a huge fan of CD and really enjoy those tracks live versus some AFD songs live.

Regarding the voice thing, I don't think that is holding anything up. Axl sounds pretty damn good. To compare his singing to AFD era is simply ridiculous. Another thing, If Bob Dylan, who barks and growls out his songs 100 days out of the year on tour and can go in the studio and put out an excellent record like this years "Tempest" then I think Axl can lay his vocals down and sound amazing on a record. Bob is favorite artist btw...

I think it's just not a priority to record for Axl right now. I think the Vegas thing was a missed opportunity. The entire band was there, rehearsing all the time, they could have put their flavor on the other CD tracks. I think Axl's vocals are probably already recorded. So I'm just bummed that it didn't happen. From what I can tell, everyone except Axl is ready to record.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #593 on: December 08, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »

So a couple things... I'm a huge fan of CD and really enjoy those tracks live versus some AFD songs live.

Regarding the voice thing, I don't think that is holding anything up. Axl sounds pretty damn good. To compare his singing to AFD era is simply ridiculous. Another thing, If Bob Dylan, who barks and growls out his songs 100 days out of the year on tour and can go in the studio and put out an excellent record like this years "Tempest" then I think Axl can lay his vocals down and sound amazing on a record. Bob is favorite artist btw...

I think it's just not a priority to record for Axl right now. I think the Vegas thing was a missed opportunity. The entire band was there, rehearsing all the time, they could have put their flavor on the other CD tracks. I think Axl's vocals are probably already recorded. So I'm just bummed that it didn't happen. From what I can tell, everyone except Axl is ready to record.

I agree that comparing his voice to Appetite days is ridiculous and not fair.  That's why I was comparing his voice now to 2 years ago at the Rose Bar Sessions.  I know how Axl has sounded in the past (as recent as two years ago), and I prefer that deeper raspier voice.  I think the Vegas shows were a success , and GNR has been great live.  I just think his voice is different now that it has been.  I'm not the only one who says these things.

And you might be right that making an album might not be a priority for him right now.  Hopefully it will be after this Asian tour.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #594 on: December 09, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »

Axl's voice & look, best year? 2006 by far

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #595 on: December 10, 2012, 10:09:40 PM »

I'm hoping something comes out in the next year.  Too much talent for this group to be a "touring band".  I am enjoying the shows, but if they have that much material waiting to be released, I hope it gets released soon.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #596 on: December 10, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »

I would really like to hear songs that were recorded during the Finck/Buckethead era. That was just a completely different but amazing sound.

Maybe on day we'll just get a massive set with 50 songs lol

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #597 on: December 11, 2012, 06:09:27 AM »

I don't think we'll ever have a boxset. That doesn't seem like something GNR or Axl would do. However as far as the BH/Finck era songs, you're going to have the opportunity of listening to some of those songs on the new album, except it will be like CD and you'll have some of the parts re-done by Ashba and Bumblefoot and a couple of adds to the songs as well.

I fully believe the album will be released on November 2014! That's my bet.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #598 on: December 11, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »

I don't think we'll ever have a boxset. That doesn't seem like something GNR or Axl would do. However as far as the BH/Finck era songs, you're going to have the opportunity of listening to some of those songs on the new album, except it will be like CD and you'll have some of the parts re-done by Ashba and Bumblefoot and a couple of adds to the songs as well.

I see your bet and raise.That's how it goes on poker right ?  Wink
Given that there are many songs almost completed,let's hope for a release soon...

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #599 on: December 11, 2012, 07:07:58 AM »

I really wish you would shut the fuck up already. You have no idea what is "going" to be on the next record....much less have any clue as to whether or whether not a boxset will come out.  ok
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:09:51 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: