Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679222 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #560 on: December 06, 2012, 02:51:03 AM »

Not sure why people are antsy over Ron being honest, nothing IMO was said or hinted at he wasn't into it, and likewise I hardly think that he is less enthused about playing in the band for fans. From the get go he always has said he does his thing, and doesn't get involved in the management aspects and that stands the same. and in the grand scheme of things, IMO I don't think it will take much time once they take a break from touring, to knock out whatever recording needs to be done for a new GNR record.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #561 on: December 06, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »

I don't know man. Its been what 5 or 6 years since Chinese Democracy came out? Its getting to the silly stage already.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #562 on: December 06, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »

I don't know man. Its been what 5 or 6 years since Chinese Democracy came out? Its getting to the silly stage already.

It's been four years. Silly stage how?

We don't want some crap for the sake of an album. It'll come out when it comes out.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #563 on: December 06, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »

It's crazy that for years and years the justification everyone gave for CD taking so long was that Axl had 3-4 albums worth of recorded material ready to go. 5 years after CD is eventually dropped and there's no tangible evidence that a new album will appear anytime soon. We aren't even in 'finishing touches' stage and we all recall how long that went on for last time (only to then have an album appear that supposedly wasn't complete). It must be incredibly frustrating for the other guys in the band. Sorry to be negative here but it really seems that writing and recording music isn't the driving force for this band and if that's actually the case then sadly they have become a nostalgia act. I know this opinion will not be popular on this board but 1 album in 15 or so years is hard to put a positive spin on.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #564 on: December 06, 2012, 07:00:11 PM »

the saddest thing is, at this rhythm, the next album will probably be the last one.

all these wasted years...for a band like this...that's really sad.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #565 on: December 06, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!!!

Ask any one of the thousands and thousands of fans who've attended a show in the past few years and they'll tell you the Chinese Democracy songs are MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS of the shows.  So much so that fans are disappointed when certain CD songs aren't performed at "their" show!!!

As many have pointed out, they already have plenty of material to pick from for the next album. BUT with so many diverse talented people involved - just like I would imagine happened with CD - it can't be an easy task matching up that material with 'who plays what' and other 'arrangement' type issues for the final product to portray the GNR "vision".

And I think we can all agree that the one thing want the next GNR album to sound like is something uniquely GNR!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #566 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »

the saddest thing is, at this rhythm, the next album will probably be the last one.

Agreed! I think it's a matter of priorities - and it just doesn't seem to be somebody's priority.   Angry

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #567 on: December 06, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »

Agreed! I think it's a matter of priorities - and it just doesn't seem to be somebody's priority.   Angry
Maybe not.  But, given that album sales have gone down quite a bit and it just isn't the income stream it once was, I can't I'm surprised that there is less motivation to release a record.

No offense, but if there is one thing the Chinese Democracy saga showed me, it's that openly lamenting and pining for an album to come out doesn't seem to help get said album in my hands any faster.

Ali
DeN
Legend

« Reply #568 on: December 07, 2012, 07:42:30 AM »

so motivation to release a record is $$$ ?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #569 on: December 07, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »

I agree... pining for something certainly won't help the cause...

but what else are we supposed to do around here ?

just read the reviews of the shows and say how awesome it is every night .... if they arent putting anything new out... then it is what it is...

people will think thats being critical or not being supportive of this group... but if they dont put out music...

and for those who that is not good enough for...  I understand why ... when you put out one album over so many years... it fuels the point of view that its just axl rose and backup musicians who play the songs

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #570 on: December 07, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!!!

Ask any one of the thousands and thousands of fans who've attended a show in the past few years and they'll tell you the Chinese Democracy songs are MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS of the shows.  So much so that fans are disappointed when certain CD songs aren't performed at "their" show!!!

As many have pointed out, they already have plenty of material to pick from for the next album. BUT with so many diverse talented people involved - just like I would imagine happened with CD - it can't be an easy task matching up that material with 'who plays what' and other 'arrangement' type issues for the final product to portray the GNR "vision".

And I think we can all agree that the one thing want the next GNR album to sound like is something uniquely GNR!!!

I'm sorry bro, but the MAJORITY of fans go to a GNR show nowadays because of the old songs.  The people your talking about that say Chinese Democracy songs are a MAJOR HIGHLIGHT of the show....are the minority by far.  Not to say CD isn't good, because I think it is. 

And the excuses your using for a new album coming out, i'm sure, are not the reasons why it's starting to take a long time again.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #571 on: December 07, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »

this is true...all of the people on this site..including myself... love hearing Catcher and TIL along with the other Chinese songs

but we make up such a small percentage of people who attend ... the majority are there for the old songs

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #572 on: December 07, 2012, 11:02:13 AM »

Maybe not.  But, given that album sales have gone down quite a bit and it just isn't the income stream it once was, I can't I'm surprised that there is less motivation to release a record.

No offense, but if there is one thing the Chinese Democracy saga showed me, it's that openly lamenting and pining for an album to come out doesn't seem to help get said album in my hands any faster.

Ali

Like DeN posted below your comment...so $ is the motivation to keep touring and not necessarily making a new album?  Yeah, this seems to be the case doesn't it?  However, I've never thought Axl was about the money.  If he was, he would do more interviews, promotion and appearances, and sell himself like someone else we all know.  

However, making new music keeps bands relevant.  It's hard to stay popular in the US when you make 1 album in 15 years, or wait another 5-8 before putting out another one.  This is totally up to Axl, and he can do what he wants.  But if he continues to put out music every 5-10-15 years, he will continue to play in front of 2-maybe 10 thousand people in the US, not to mention the fact that he ain't getting any younger.  If he were to put out music more frequently, those numbers would increase a great deal...and in turn, gain popularity in todays world, stay relevant, and ultimately make MORE $$.  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #573 on: December 07, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »

Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses, which prints money by itself. He disappeared for years on end and remains one of rock's richest frontmen. It doesn't matter what Axl does or doesn't do, the name GN'R is a money machine.

He helped build that name up a long time ago, so he deserves every penny, but anyone not wearing blinders or drinking the kool-aid can see that new material is not his motivation these days, and hasn't been for a long time. It was obvious by the amount of time it took to create Chinese Democracy. Albums don't take that long, under any circumstance if the motivation to get it done is there.

In one way it's a shame what happened to GN'R, but in another maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Plenty of bands put out records fans wish they hadn't.
I've accepted that they are one of rock's best live acts, and if they ever put out new music that I enjoy, it will be an unexpected bonus.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #574 on: December 07, 2012, 12:43:41 PM »

Ali

Like DeN posted below your comment...so $ is the motivation to keep touring and not necessarily making a new album?  Yeah, this seems to be the case doesn't it?  However, I've never thought Axl was about the money.  If he was, he would do more interviews, promotion and appearances, and sell himself like someone else we all know.  

However, making new music keeps bands relevant.  It's hard to stay popular in the US when you make 1 album in 15 years, or wait another 5-8 before putting out another one.  This is totally up to Axl, and he can do what he wants.  But if he continues to put out music every 5-10-15 years, he will continue to play in front of 2-maybe 10 thousand people in the US, not to mention the fact that he ain't getting any younger.  If he were to put out music more frequently, those numbers would increase a great deal...and in turn, gain popularity in todays world, stay relevant, and ultimately make MORE $$.  
I never said anything about being "about the money".  It's just that this is how they make their living.  Maybe some people forget about that, but of course, considerations for financial viability have to be made when this is how someone supports themselves.

Another thing that should be considered is that many bands do more cycles of touring behind a record than they used to to compensate for the decrease in record sales.

I disagree that putting out new records would help maintain relevance or gain popularity.  I don't think that's necessarily true.  I look at the recent sales numbers from Van Halen, Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers and have to question that statement of yours.

Ali
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #575 on: December 07, 2012, 12:48:14 PM »

I view Chinese Democracy as being "The Holy Grail", and I'm happy and satisfied with that. I think the length of time it took to make it, and the whole legendary CD saga, is fitting for a band of GN'R's callibre. If another album is released from GN'R, I will view it as an unexpected bonus, and I will view it as a sort of Chinese Democracy 2.

At this point, anything is a bonus album wise. I'm just glad that I know in my heart that GN'R are the best live act in the world, and I'm fully content with what the band are doing at the moment.

Do I want another GN'R album?, of course I do... but it doesn't define me, or do I let the wait take away from ALL that GN'R has given me in my life up until now.  peace
DeN
Legend

« Reply #576 on: December 07, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »

the positive part of this is : there's no *bad* Guns N'Roses album, and all the musicians, past and present, can be proud of that.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #577 on: December 07, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »

the positive part of this is : there's no *bad* Guns N'Roses album, and all the musicians, past and present, can be proud of that.

Im sure there is lots of people that think  Chinese Democracy is a bad album..  gnr fans also... there is also GNR fans that concider the Illusions albums as bad.

Its very subjective=). That said.. i agree.. i think every GNR albums are awesome!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #578 on: December 07, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »

Ali

I never said anything about being "about the money".  It's just that this is how they make their living.  Maybe some people forget about that, but of course, considerations for financial viability have to be made when this is how someone supports themselves.

Another thing that should be considered is that many bands do more cycles of touring behind a record than they used to to compensate for the decrease in record sales.

I disagree that putting out new records would help maintain relevance or gain popularity.  I don't think that's necessarily true.  I look at the recent sales numbers from Van Halen, Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers and have to question that statement of yours.

Ali

Ali

What does your following statement suggest than, if your not referring to it being about $?  

"But, given that album sales have gone down quite a bit and it just isn't the income stream it once was, I can't I'm surprised that there is less motivation to release a record".

Key words- Album sales gone down, income stream, less motivation.  I take this as you suggesting that Axl has less motivation to record because there is less money in that??

And I don't forget about how people make their money.  I understand completely that touring brings in $ and that's exactly what I'm saying or asking....are they touring to just cash a check (and make a living)?  I'm sure they love doing it as well....but you should get my point.

Sales numbers of those bands with what?  Tours? Album?  And are those sales numbers good or bad?  Not sure I get your point?  The most relevant band out of those you mentioned is RHCP.  The other two are not that relevant today.  Just because you sell tickets to a show, does not mean your relevant.  I honestly believe making albums (good ones) keep you relevant....along with promotion, radio and TV appearances, etc.

You could argue that GNR, Aerosmith and Van Halen are all relevant today.  And to a point, I say yes they are, but to what extent?  In my opinion, bands who release good music are more relevant than those who do not.  I just think it would be fun to see THIS version of GNR become much more relevant.  They can't reach that by just touring.

Who knows, maybe Axl is holding off going into the studio because his voice isn't up to par.  Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now.  In 2010 (Rose Bar sessions for ex), Axl's voice was outstanding and had that deep rasp.  If an album was recorded during that time, that would have been awesome.  But maybe he knows that his voice isn't ready to record?  Or, maybe they will go into the studio after the new year?  Only Axl knows.  And again, Axl and GNR can do whatever they want to do, it's their choice.  As a fan however, I would love to see this band put out good music, promote their albums, play live on TV, put out singles, etc.              
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:38:46 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

« Reply #579 on: December 07, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

What does your following statement suggest than, if your not referring to it being about $?  

"But, given that album sales have gone down quite a bit and it just isn't the income stream it once was, I can't I'm surprised that there is less motivation to release a record".

Key words- Album sales gone down, income stream, less motivation.  I take this as you suggesting that Axl has less motivation to record because there is less money in that??

And I don't forget about how people make their money.  I understand completely that touring brings in $ and that's exactly what I'm saying or asking....are they touring to just cash a check (and make a living)?  I'm sure they love doing it as well....but you should get my point.

Sales numbers of those bands with what?  Tours? Album?  And are those sales numbers good or bad?  Not sure I get your point?  The most relevant band out of those you mentioned is RHCP.  The other two are not that relevant today.  Just because you sell tickets to a show, does not mean your relevant.  I honestly believe making albums (good ones) keep you relevant....along with promotion, radio and TV appearances, etc.

You could argue that GNR, Aerosmith and Van Halen are all relevant today.  And to a point, I say yes they are, but to what extent?  In my opinion, bands who release good music are more relevant than those who do not.  I just think it would be fun to see THIS version of GNR become much more relevant.  They can't reach that by just touring.

Who knows, maybe Axl is holding off going into the studio because his voice isn't up to par.  Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now.  In 2010 (Rose Bar sessions for ex), Axl's voice was outstanding and had that deep rasp.  If an album was recorded during that time, that would have been awesome.  But maybe he knows that his voice isn't ready to record?  Or, maybe they will go into the studio after the new year?  Only Axl knows.  And again, Axl and GNR can do whatever they want to do, it's their choice.  As a fan however, I would love to see this band put out good music, promote their albums, play live on TV, put out singles, etc.              
My point was that I never said Axl was "about the money" as in that's his sole motivation.  Just that money is A consideration, perhaps a big one, but not the sole consideration. 

Relevance as in commercial relevance.  Releasing new albums for the likes of Aerosmith, Van Halen and RHCP have not IMO resulted in keeping them commercially relevant.  However, their tours still do well.

As far as the arguments about his voice, I think that's completely subjective and I disagree with your statement to put it politely.  Tone, like the "deep rasp" you mention is subjective and not everyone values that tone like you do, so a statement like "Any person who has followed this band over the years knows that his voice is not completely there right now" is an incorrect generalization to make.  I saw the last two shows of the residency and Axl sounded great both nights, from start to finish.  I spoke to several people about the shows who were there, and there were no complaints about his voice.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: