Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:12:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679441 times)
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #540 on: October 18, 2012, 12:13:58 AM »

As a songwriter im not a big fan of working on songs that have been sitting on the shelf for a while. I feel that songs suffer overall. If I sit down and write a song, it usually reflects the mood im in or the state of mind im in at the time. The time to record that material or at least a demo version is when it is fresh. When you let it collect dust or sit around it loses its realness. You cant fake it. If your pissed off about something right now and write a song about it theres no guarantee that you will still be pissed about it months from now.

Some of the best songs ever made were spontaneous and just came out of nowhere, but I just think the more you do it, the easier it gets.  Some people have a knack for it where they can have a finished song in a few hours, some have to work their asses off at it and take months and sometimes years.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #541 on: October 18, 2012, 02:29:28 AM »

I still enjoy listening to Axl sing about the way he felt in 1987 or 1988 or 1991 or whatever.

So if the next album has songs that were originally conceived in 1997 or 2004 or 2008 or whatever, it wouldn't take away from the enjoyment for me at all.

I enjoyed Chinese Democracy, regardless of when the songs were written and I'm optimistic about the next album.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #542 on: October 18, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »

As a songwriter im not a big fan of working on songs that have been sitting on the shelf for a while. I feel that songs suffer overall. If I sit down and write a song, it usually reflects the mood im in or the state of mind im in at the time. The time to record that material or at least a demo version is when it is fresh. When you let it collect dust or sit around it loses its realness. You cant fake it. If your pissed off about something right now and write a song about it theres no guarantee that you will still be pissed about it months from now.

Some of the best songs ever made were spontaneous and just came out of nowhere, but I just think the more you do it, the easier it gets.  Some people have a knack for it where they can have a finished song in a few hours, some have to work their asses off at it and take months and sometimes years.

It doesn't get easier over time. At least thats the case for myself and colleagues of mine. Maybe hes different. I just feel that if you right a song about something that annoyed or made you happy today and you put that song on the shelf for years only to revisit it lets say 5 years from now you may not be the same person and you may not even relate to the song. It comes across in the music too. Angry lyrics should be accompanied by angry music. If your not in that mindset 5 years from now the music may not reflect the lyrics. But thats just me I guess.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #543 on: October 18, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »

So, Andre, let me get this straight:

You're trying to pass as "insider lyrics" the same one YOU were trying to discredit a few years back?

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/1926-opiuchus-aka-zodiac/

PLEASE, man, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE SOME SORT OF INSIDER. You're annoying.

This.

I can't stand these "I know something you don't know" people.

It's always the same old thing; "I know this thing that may or may not happen by a certain date". That way people can discuss whether or not that person knows something, thus making that person important if only for a little while.

How's about this? If you've heard Guns N' Roses songs I haven't good for you, how's about you keep it to yourself?

I keep it to myself just fine, as long as people don't call me out on it. All i did was to give a prediction and say that i was pretty sure that my prediction was right... (it's a reasonable time to release the album)

No. What you did was give a prediction, then added to it with the "remember these lyrics" line we've already heard from other 'insiders' of the past. That's not keeping it to yourself. That's acting as if you've heard GN'R material the rest of us haven't.

Yes, and it's possible that i've heard! Are you gonna shoot me in the head for that? Are you gonna cry about it?...I'm free to claim whatever i want to.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #544 on: October 18, 2012, 01:45:36 PM »

and people are free to believe you are full of shit... ok
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #545 on: October 18, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »

and people are free to believe you are full of shit... ok

Sure... i won't be offended ok

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #546 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:15 PM »

Can't say I believe everything you say Halo69, but you know how to get a discussion started  Smiley

By the way, here's some real "inside"-information. Gn'R's next album is called "Zen" or something like that, and comes out very soon. It's like a follow-up to CD, at least the artwork on the cover is in the same style. This "inside"-information is from inside my brain, because I actually dreamt this last night.  hihi It was a helluwa great dream!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #547 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »

Lets hope dreams one day become reality

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #548 on: October 18, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »

You're trying to pass as "insider lyrics" the same one YOU were trying to discredit a few years back?

This.

It's always the same old thing; "I know this thing that may or may not happen by a certain date". That way people can discuss whether or not that person knows something, thus making that person important if only for a little while.

How's about this? If you've heard Guns N' Roses songs I haven't good for you, how's about you keep it to yourself?

I keep it to myself just fine, as long as people don't call me out on it. All i did was to give a prediction and say that i was pretty sure that my prediction was right... (it's a reasonable time to release the album)

No. What you did was give a prediction, then added to it with the "remember these lyrics" line we've already heard from other 'insiders' of the past. That's not keeping it to yourself. That's acting as if you've heard GN'R material the rest of us haven't.

Yes, and it's possible that i've heard! Are you gonna shoot me in the head for that? Are you gonna cry about it?...I'm free to claim whatever i want to.

Shoot you in the head? Cry? Nah... I'll just go on knowing that "insiders" like your self still come along every now and then. 6 years ago and beyond folks like you were a dime a dozen. That's fallen off greatly but it's still good to know that there's still someone so desperate for attention that they'll make things up for it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #549 on: October 18, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »

This.

Shoot you in the head? Cry? Nah... I'll just go on knowing that "insiders" like your self still come along every now and then. 6 years ago and beyond folks like you were a dime a dozen. That's fallen off greatly but it's still good to know that there's still someone so desperate for attention that they'll make things up for it.

If i was desperate for attention i wouldn't try to draw it in a GNR forum full of nasty rock like filthy animals that are ready to bang their nearly 1 time per year washed hair every time they hear a good riff (not that there's anything wrong with that, but you guys just don't do my type).

I would do it in a place full of gorgeous ladies waiting to reach space mountain by showing them exactly where nature was born  hihi
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:42:37 PM by Halo69 » Logged

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #550 on: October 18, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »

I think we have a strong contender for most retarded post on the internet of the year:

If i was desperate for attention i wouldn't try to draw it in a GNR forum full of nasty rock like filthy animals that are ready to bang their nearly 1 time per year washed hair every time they hear a good riff (not that there's anything wrong with that, but you guys just don't do my type).

I would do it in a place full of gorgeous ladies waiting to reach space mountain!  hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #551 on: October 18, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »

I think we have a strong contender for most retarded post on the internet of the year:

I would do it in a place full of gorgeous ladies waiting to reach space mountain!  hihi

I'm sorry if you find some dudes crossing a "zebra cross" in the 70's more interesting and funny then my jokes "Axl's main man"  Grin

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #552 on: October 18, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »

Shut the fuck up already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #553 on: October 18, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »

/jarmo

beer beer beer

thank you.

..."but he cant say that he's the admin...what are we gonna do??!"

fuck you to that person who says that too.

yes
janne
Opening Act

« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2012, 04:56:59 PM »

I just read the whole thread  Cool. I wonder if they're are going to use cover songs on the new record... They have played so many new cover songs past few years: Another Brick in the Wall, Riff Raff, Sailing, Seeker and Don't Let It Bring You Down. Did I miss something? They're all amazing and they feel to me like real GNR songs. (Actually all but Don't Let It Bring You Down, which seemed like Axl just tried to imitate Neil Young and the band was not ready to play it...) The band must have trained very hard with these songs in order to make them sound so fantastic. It would be shame if they don't  record those songs in studio.

And I was also thinking is there any change that the new song called "Going Down" is same as "Ain't Going Down"?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:00:21 PM by janne » Logged
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #555 on: December 03, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »

I'm betting Axl will be on vocals for it!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #556 on: December 03, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »

/jarmo

beer beer beer

thank you.

..."but he cant say that he's the admin...what are we gonna do??!"

fuck you to that person who says that too.

yes

Jarmo that wasn't very nice. You're supposed to be the grown-up here.

And speaking of insider knowledge, I happen to know for a fact that Checkmate may OR may not be on the next album. That's right kids. You heard it here first.

But seriously J-man....let's keep it clean for the kids dude. You're not that guy. Don't be that guy.......

Meh...nevermind...be that guy.....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #557 on: December 03, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »

And I was also thinking is there any change that the new song called "Going Down" is same as "Ain't Going Down"?
No, they are different songs.
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #558 on: December 05, 2012, 11:52:58 PM »

Just saw that Ron interview where he mentions that GNR didn't record in Las Vegas. What a bummer. Not feeling like another record is coming anytime soon.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #559 on: December 06, 2012, 01:22:03 AM »

That's really unfortunate. All together for a month. Oh well. So what if this album takes 10 years to come out?  nervous

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: