Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679432 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #520 on: October 16, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »

Jarmo please could you give us an inkling of when we might possibly expect new studio music from our favourite band?

Have you been given any info about the timing of a next release?

Would be great to hear...something to look forward to

Look for Fall 2014  Wink trust me

For somebody who is elsewhere and looks remarkably like the "spiv" in Dads Army, the words "Trust me" are seriously to be taken with a pinch of salt  rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #521 on: October 16, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

I'm hoping the band keeps with the Chinese Democracy themed concept for the next album, as I've always seen it as 2 parts. And I think that after the band have released the next album, then and ONLY then should they consider to go in another direction.

It worries me slightly that most of the players who represented the CD era the most, have either gone or taken a back seat. I see the current GN'R being a completely different band than the CD era one, and would most certainly create a different sounding album if starting from scratch. But I hope that Axl realises he has more than enough material left from the (Finck,Bucket,Brain) years, that he choose to stick with that concept at least until the next record.

And seeing as the Chinese Democracy saga has always been about 2 albums, it would make sense to finish off the saga by releasing CD2.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #522 on: October 17, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »

I'm hoping the band keeps with the Chinese Democracy themed concept for the next album, as I've always seen it as 2 parts. And I think that after the band have released the next album, then and ONLY then should they consider to go in another direction.

It worries me slightly that most of the players who represented the CD era the most, have either gone or taken a back seat. I see the current GN'R being a completely different band than the CD era one, and would most certainly create a different sounding album if starting from scratch. But I hope that Axl realises he has more than enough material left from the (Finck,Bucket,Brain) years, that he choose to stick with that concept at least until the next record.

And seeing as the Chinese Democracy saga has always been about 2 albums, it would make sense to finish off the saga by releasing CD2.

But we know that Democracy changes as time goes by, a bit like Governments and musicians alike  Wink

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #523 on: October 17, 2012, 02:35:35 AM »

I personally don't think it would be wise to stick with the Chinese theme/imagery for the next album, but I do hope the album contains songs like The General and others we've been waiting to hear.

There were rumors a while back that the next record might be self-titled, which I would be in favor of.

As for Andre, he is well known for pretending to be an insider over the years. He doesn't know anything.

It would be nice if there was a new album in the next few years, but nobody here knows for sure what the plan is. All we can do is wait and hope for the best.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #524 on: October 17, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »

I think the trilogy concept was dropped when the lineups changed, and putting out a "Chinese Democracy II" would go over the way "Gigli II" would go over. Maybe it would be a better movie, but the title alone would keep people away.

Hoping they book time at The Palms when they do the Vegas residency, Axl's in a mood to write and sing, and progress is made.

The band members have been pretty open about what they've been doing. Over the summer, some of them were supposed to get together and work on music, and it didn't happen, and Axl looked like he had a good time at a resort.

I'm curious why they decided to not do more shows around Asia though, maybe Axl's just booking it close to a nice island resort around the holidays.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #525 on: October 17, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »

I just hope I'll be surprise.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #526 on: October 17, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »

I think the trilogy concept was dropped when the lineups changed, and putting out a "Chinese Democracy II" would go over the way "Gigli II" would go over. Maybe it would be a better movie, but the title alone would keep people away.

I wouldn't think they would call it Chinese Democracy II. And besides you could call it whatever you want, and it'd still be considered part of a trilogy. There was an album title that was brought up recently called Curse of the Red Panda or something.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #527 on: October 17, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »

As a songwriter im not a big fan of working on songs that have been sitting on the shelf for a while. I feel that songs suffer overall. If I sit down and write a song, it usually reflects the mood im in or the state of mind im in at the time. The time to record that material or at least a demo version is when it is fresh. When you let it collect dust or sit around it loses its realness. You cant fake it. If your pissed off about something right now and write a song about it theres no guarantee that you will still be pissed about it months from now.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #528 on: October 17, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »

Self titled? Curse of the Red Panda? Where in the world are you guys getting these "rumors" from?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #529 on: October 17, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

i also allways thought about cd as 2 disk thing.
but i hope the nex one will be fresh new stuff with a constant line up

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #530 on: October 17, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »

No offence, but what can I base my trust upon? Do you have insider knowledge, or maybe have contacts at the record company?

If its true, at least we have a date to look towards - though it's a little farther into the future than I'd have liked!!

We don't have a date to look towards. Doesn't matter if i have contacts or not, my bet is still November or December 2012.

To all the other people that preferred to make fun of my answers and to those who will RECOGNIZE this... here's to you: "Be rest assured...zodiac has begun"... - Memorize that!

Cheers! beer
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:47:39 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #531 on: October 17, 2012, 02:30:02 PM »

So, Andre, let me get this straight:

You're trying to pass as "insider lyrics" the same one YOU were trying to discredit a few years back?

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/1926-opiuchus-aka-zodiac/

PLEASE, man, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE SOME SORT OF INSIDER. You're annoying.

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #532 on: October 17, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »

You're trying to pass as "insider lyrics" the same one YOU were trying to discredit a few years back?

I'm not acting like an insider, i'm just saying...just sending a message to someone if you will.

As far as the lyrics go... i discredit it for a reason at that time...it made sense at that time. And that's all i have to say about that.

Besides part of those lyrics are wrong... this part: "Whether or not you believe that the position and relationship of the sun..." it does not exist.

This is what i said as well : And its not "Opiuchus", theres no such thing. Its called "Ophiuchus" thats the correct designation.

The guy that posted it was also a complete jerk and i know exactly why he posted those lyrics.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:59:28 PM by Halo69 » Logged

bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #533 on: October 17, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

Self titled? Curse of the Red Panda? Where in the world are you guys getting these "rumors" from?

"The Legend of the Red Panda" was a joke someone made up and people ran with it. As for the possibility of the album being self-titled, that info is from 2010. Someone with contacts at UMG posted on an industry website and said they'd been told the next GNR record was self-titled. No way to know for sure if it's true, but I personally like the idea.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #534 on: October 17, 2012, 03:17:12 PM »

"The Legend of the Red Panda" was a joke someone made up and people ran with it. As for the possibility of the album being self-titled, that info is from 2010. Someone with contacts at UMG posted on an industry website and said they'd been told the next GNR record was self-titled. No way to know for sure if it's true, but I personally like the idea.

I think MSL also said that (not sure though... could be wrong)

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #535 on: October 17, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »

This.

I can't stand these "I know something you don't know" people.

It's always the same old thing; "I know this thing that may or may not happen by a certain date". That way people can discuss whether or not that person knows something, thus making that person important if only for a little while.

How's about this? If you've heard Guns N' Roses songs I haven't good for you, how's about you keep it to yourself?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #536 on: October 17, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »

This.

It's always the same old thing; "I know this thing that may or may not happen by a certain date". That way people can discuss whether or not that person knows something, thus making that person important if only for a little while.

How's about this? If you've heard Guns N' Roses songs I haven't good for you, how's about you keep it to yourself?

I keep it to myself just fine, as long as people don't call me out on it. All i did was to give a prediction and say that i was pretty sure that my prediction was right... (it's a reasonable time to release the album)

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #537 on: October 17, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »

This.

I keep it to myself just fine, as long as people don't call me out on it. All i did was to give a prediction and say that i was pretty sure that my prediction was right... (it's a reasonable time to release the album)

No. What you did was give a prediction, then added to it with the "remember these lyrics" line we've already heard from other 'insiders' of the past. That's not keeping it to yourself. That's acting as if you've heard GN'R material the rest of us haven't.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #538 on: October 17, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »

I think a self-titled album would be the best name for the new album.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #539 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:56 PM »

Rumor has it the album will be called Appetite For Democracy  rofl rofl

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV