Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:44:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679659 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #500 on: October 08, 2012, 01:42:35 PM »

When did i say i was an insider on that sentence?

You try to act like one. Smiley

Down By The Ocean and The General were once shown on a setlist, an official one, not a fake one! They didn't play those songs yet.

Really?

From what year?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #501 on: October 08, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »

When did i say i was an insider on that sentence?

You try to act like one. Smiley

Down By The Ocean and The General were once shown on a setlist, an official one, not a fake one! They didn't play those songs yet.

Really?

From what year?

/jarmo

What I'd like to know is what does an "official" play list look like, does it have a little wax seal and is signed in blood? Does it say "This isn't a fake play list" as a header? Or maybe it doesn't exist and the band have a number of songs that they know but have given them a different title? And don't say the last statement is implausible because I remember a number of people disappointed that "the blues" wasn't on the track list of CD, when it patently was, just under the new title of SOD... Wink 

It could be a bone for the fans to generate a talking point in advance of a series of shows, you know the type that the likes of music mags leap on and create a story that gets the band into the headlines, some might call it playing the media.

FWIW, I think a new song (or more) will be played, one of their own, not a cover. Something about the Axl tweet saying, and I'm using my words, but were akin to "the rehersals are coming together well"  This of coarse isn't Axl saying the new songs.  It is however something that Axl hasn't said before, and the previous shows in the main have been finely tuned (pun intended) to the point where the band could do their roles in their sleep.  This time, it feels different, and the fact that things are shaping up, suggests, to me anyway, that something different is on the cards. smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #502 on: October 08, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

The General and Down By The Ocean never have been on the setlist, I think.
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #503 on: October 08, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »

The only unplayed/unreleased songs I remember seeing on setlists are Going Down, The Seeker (maybe a cover), and Oh My God (I know it was already played and released, but there were rumours of a "reworked" version)

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #504 on: October 08, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »

The only unplayed/unreleased songs I remember seeing on setlists are Going Down, The Seeker (maybe a cover), and Oh My God (I know it was already played and released, but there were rumours of a "reworked" version)
Exactly, and Silkworms too.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #505 on: October 09, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

Exactly, and Silkworms too.

You guys are actually right, i confused the song titles. I thought i had seen The General too, but aparently not.

The point is that they've been having new songs on the setlist for a long time now, they just don't get to play it. They will have to play it at some point, but in my opinion, it won't be in Vegas.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #506 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:50 PM »

To me this will be the year that ends the Chinese Democracy tour once and for all...and it's gonna end with the O2 DVD release after the India shows.

My prediction is that they're gonna release the DVD at the end of the tour or right before the India shows. They will be recording and working on a new album in 2013 so we're gonna have another year of silence.

Then they will release a new album in November or December of 2014 and throughout the year of 2014 we'll have some leaks  hihi

The album will mostly be the songs that Axl already has recorded during the Chinese Democracy sessions with DJ Ashba's parts, and then maybe 1 or 2 written and recorded with the present band.

Wanna bet this is what's gonna happen?  hihi
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:06:06 PM by Halo69 » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #507 on: October 14, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »

Maybe the Chinese Democracy tour already ended and you didn't know it?  Kiss  hihi

The club shows earlier this year were the Up Close And Personal Tour.
The European tour was just the 2012 Tour.
The 2011 North American tour was labeled North American Tour 2011 on the poster. The Latin American tour was the Latin American Tour 2011.
The 2010 European tour was called, you guessed it, the European Tour 2010 etc....

The point is, some of you are so hung up on what the tour is called. Amusing.

A lot of other bands go on tour all the time without a new record out. Nobody seems to have a problem with it. Only some select GN'R fans would whine about something like that.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #508 on: October 14, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »

U know what i meant  Kiss

The tour doesn't have to be called "Chinese Democracy Tour" to still be in promotion of that album. But you know what? i'll give you that.

Take it as if it's what you're saying and it's the 2012 tour.

Are you gonna deny that i might be right about my prediction?  Grin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »

You still believe bands tour to promote an album?

Maybe to some extent.

Most bands tour because they can't make a living as a musicians on record sales alone. People don't buy albums anymore. Singles and songs maybe.

A guy like Bruce Springsteen probably makes more on one show that in record sales....

Yes. Your prediction is a guess. Based on nothing.

You make it so in case it comes true, you can say "I told you so" to make yourself more credible.

/jarmo

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #510 on: October 14, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »

You still believe bands tour to promote an album?

Maybe to some extent.

Most bands tour because they can't make a living as a musicians on record sales alone. People don't buy albums anymore. Singles and songs maybe.

A guy like Bruce Springsteen probably makes more on one show that in record sales....

Yes. Your prediction is a guess. Based on nothing.

You make it so in case it comes true, you can say "I told you so" to make yourself more credible.

/jarmo

i'm not saying they're not making tours to make money... obviously that's where they make the big money... and the record sales this days are obviously down for all the reasons we know about. Nothing new... u know what i said jarmo and you know exactly what i meant to say.

As far as my prediction...i strongly believe that the plan will be along those lines. Now if Axl or the label decide to delay things to 2015 or 2016 that's another story and it can happen. I'm sticking with my prediction for now!  Tongue

We'll see if i'm right or wrong in the future  hihi

bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #511 on: October 15, 2012, 01:41:15 AM »

I don't think Andre's guesses are too far off. I appreciate that he admitted they were predictions instead of pretending to be an insider, which is what he normally does.

The 2011-2012 touring does seem to be mirroring the 2009-2010 touring to a certain extent, so I do expect the shows in India to be the last live dates for a while. I guess the real question is how many years it would take for the band to return with a new album after that.

Fall 2014 seems like a reasonable guess, but I could see it just as easily being 2013 or even 2015 for that matter. No way for any of us to know really.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #512 on: October 15, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »

I'm betting on fall 2014   Wink

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #513 on: October 15, 2012, 05:13:25 PM »

Jarmo please could you give us an inkling of when we might possibly expect new studio music from our favourite band?

Have you been given any info about the timing of a next release?

Would be great to hear...something to look forward to

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #514 on: October 15, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »

No idea.

/jarmo

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #515 on: October 16, 2012, 12:42:50 AM »

The 2011-2012 touring does seem to be mirroring the 2009-2010 touring to a certain extent, so I do expect the shows in India to be the last live dates for a while.

They seem to enjoy touring Canada during winter, and I'd certainly enjoy a few more shows before they head off to the studio Cool
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:44:33 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #516 on: October 16, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »

Jarmo please could you give us an inkling of when we might possibly expect new studio music from our favourite band?

Look for Fall 2014  Wink trust me

hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #517 on: October 16, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »

trust me

Roll Eyes
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: October 16, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

trust me

Roll Eyes

Really!  Tongue

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #519 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »

No offence, but what can I base my trust upon? Do you have insider knowledge, or maybe have contacts at the record company?

If its true, at least we have a date to look towards - though it's a little farther into the future than I'd have liked!!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: