Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680094 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #400 on: August 17, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »

Example: I personally believe a re-release of chinese with different artwork is pointless.  I already have the songs, and if their is nothing new at all, why would i buy the same CD again?  BAD IDEA.  Gnr playing 12 shows in vegas, GOOD IDEA.  you see, i am just as big a fan as anyone else on this board, but i have my own opinions and if we cant discuss them on a message board, than why have a message board?HuhHuhHuh??

Do you think putting songs you already own on a new release and putting it out is a good idea?

Apparently, millions of people thought it was.

That's the thing, just because it's a bad idea to you, or just not for you for whatever reason, doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

The problem is that those of you who generally think most things about GN'R are bad are often very vocal about it. Of course it gets you attention when you go on fan sites to complain. That's easy to figure out.

Due to that, some people might get the idea that this little clique speaks for all GN'R fans. Which isn't the case.

For example: We can read posts complaining about a certain show's set list, when in reality those of us who were at the show, saw thousands of people have a great fucking time. On top of that, if somebody goes online to read about GN'R shows and sees that kind of posts, without knowing these people didn't even attend, you might get the idea that GN'R fans don't like the shows!

How stupid is that? What's the point? To get attention to yourself?

If somebody asked you for constructive criticism or feedback on something, that's different. But to only whine about shit for the sake of getting attention...

/jarmo

correct, but no where in MY post did i whine or complain about anything.  AGAIN, i just gave an opinion.  I see what you mean, some idiots do come on here and slam the new band as much as they can.  But to respond everytime someone politly say they disagree with a decision the band makes by calling them whiners or complainers is ridiculous. 

I gave examples on why the things you kinda defended can seem out of place at times.

Wasn't meant as an attack on you.

But, when people ONLY say shit like "I won't buy it", that's just boring.

It's like posting in every thread about a show saying you're not attending. Do people care if somebody in Iowa isn't attending a show in Russia? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #401 on: August 17, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »

Not sure if a deluxe edition of Chinese Democracy is still a possibility, but I know I'd buy it for sure if it was released. Would love to have artwork the band is happy with, a vinyl pressing without terrible inner groove distortion, possibly bonus content, etc. I say bring it on.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #402 on: August 17, 2012, 05:48:29 PM »

i see in alot posts that people want the album to be released .. "as it was meant to be..."

what does that mean... with the cover that Axl originally wanted to use?

I mean does that really matter to people..... that they ahve to go buy or want to go buy it with the intended artwork ?

as a fan of Axl.... id want new songs...not re released ones....

i would think that should be everybodys thought process.....
Again, if that's what Axl wants, he has every right to re-release it.  If he feels the album he worked so long and hard on didn't get released the way it was meant to be, and he wants to correct that, that's all that matters.  If it includes alternate covers, approved artwork, corrected booklet, etc.  Axl has been pretty clear that he intends to push CD, which they've been doing for 3 years strong now.  If he wants that to continue, why not re-release the album?

I know everyone wants new music, me included.  That doesn't seem to be the MAIN focus at this time, and I can't see it happening anytime SOON.  And I honestly think a re-release could actually speed up the process of getting an album of new material out, rather than delay things, as many people seem to think.  IF a re-release is what Axl wants to give CD a proper showcase, let that happen, and THEN the book can be closed and they can move on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #403 on: August 17, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »

Just make and release - if somehow possible - new music!.. All hardcore, regular and non-fans are more interested in that, rather than a re-release of CD (with new art, or differently mastered, whatever...)...Hell, quite possible that the band even prefer this, its their passion and job! so cut the crap...move on...and rock!!!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #404 on: August 18, 2012, 03:19:12 AM »

I just want to hear new music, which is natural as GN'R are my favourite band. But if a re-release contained more artwork and a bonus track then why not?. Otherwise I don't see a re-release having much impact as a lot of hardcore fans braught multiple copies of CD for friends, family etc. But as I said if it contained new stuff, then go for it. But in any case I think new music is way overdue, but for some reason I see it being another drawn out process like CD was. And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying its the bands fault.  Lips Sealed
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #405 on: August 18, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »

Youtube has a-capella versions o' several /GN'R songs..
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #406 on: August 18, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »

Richard said that he hoped to finish up the album after the summer tour for a fall release.  Is that happening?  DJ did say he's currently in the the studio in a recent interview...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #407 on: August 18, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »

I'm hoping renting out The Joint for a month is the start of something bigger...such as a new album.  Any thoughts or views on this?
itssoeasy23
Opening Act

« Reply #408 on: August 18, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »

I'm hoping renting out The Joint for a month is the start of something bigger...such as a new album.  Any thoughts or views on this?

I really hope so.

I don't know how long this band can go without the release of their own music.

I see blood in the water.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #409 on: August 19, 2012, 05:09:19 AM »

I really hope so.

They did do 14 years once, so your comments are without basis.  Kiss

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2012, 05:22:02 AM »

I really hope so.

They did do 14 years once, so your comments are without basis.  Kiss

They don't claim to have any basis in their comments neither. Just hoping.....I hope that too y'know...

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #411 on: August 20, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

Personally Im on the band wagon of the people who would prefer a new album. To me it doesnt really make sense to rerelease CD. In this economy and with the musical landscape it would be a disaster for the label. Axl has a kick ass band with some kick ass songwriters who happen to have good chemistry. Lets see what they can produce in the studio. Hire one producer and go in and try to capture the magic you have on stage on tape. Don't overanalyze songs just trust your gut. You've made magic before, trust yourself to make magic again. Overproduced albums sound overproduced. Too many producers on one album hurt the direction and sound of an album. Doesnt sound cohesive. Just my opinion though.
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: August 20, 2012, 05:53:04 PM »

I love Chinese Democracy, i love the production as ive been bored the sound of alot of my fave bands albums of late, i love the jumping from style to style and the rollercoaster it took me on, it kept me guessing on where it was going to go next! However i wouldnt bother wasting time with a rerelease, because people and media have already made their mind up - new artwork etc will not stop rediculous 'reviews' stating how long it took to come out and the fact no other original members are on the record - as most reviews didnt even mention the new music and i bet a lot of the reviews were written without even listening - same for concert reviews - the best shows i went to (Manchester) got really awful reviews.
Id love a new album but i cant see the media being any less harsh and i cant see the average person deciding for themselves instead of listening to media as i know loads of gnr 'fans' who didnt buy CD or go see them live because of all the bad stuff they read in mags, newspapers and reviews. Its like a witch hunt alot of the time. The hardcore fans will buy anything they release but at the moment it seams like its really cool and trendy to hate GnR especially in mags like Metal hammer that for a while had a bullshit GnR story everyday, with stuff about axl looking fat, band get booed offstage blah blah, not once mentioning that they are doing great 3 hour shows, always complained about no original members, but didnt report Izzy getting on stage with them etc
It feels like the GnR shows i have been to sell less and less tickets everytime i go - i just hope that a new album and another media backlash doesnt put the final nail in the coffin, cos it feels like whatever they do they get crucified (well in the uk they do anyway)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #413 on: August 20, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »

The nail in the coffin will not be the media. It will be because there is no new music by this version of GNR. In some ways it's foolish to even think about reissuing CD. It's a 4 years old album. It's done and over with. Lets hear what DJ, Frank,  and Bumblefoot can do. Btw, I love how some people hate the original GNR and say stop talking about reunions (which I agree with now)  but yet they want a reissue of CD. You got move forward and not backwards.   
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #414 on: August 20, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

"Tommy Stinson ‏@tommy_stinson

Mr.Thumby has some songs to write!!! http://instagr.am/p/OkZh0-Hyvu/"

Hoping they are for Guns N' Roses!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:58:18 PM by LuanVictor » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #415 on: August 20, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »

The nail in the coffin will not be the media. It will be because there is no new music by this version of GNR. In some ways it's foolish to even think about reissuing CD. It's a 4 years old album. It's done and over with. Lets hear what DJ, Frank,  and Bumblefoot can do. Btw, I love how some people hate the original GNR and say stop talking about reunions (which I agree with now)  but yet they want a reissue of CD. You got move forward and not backwards.   

You must be delusional if you think one excludes the other.

If Axl wants to put out Chinese the way he envisioned it in the first place, doesn't mean it means the current band can't put out an album.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Also, bear in mind the fact that many of the song titles we know about, are from the same era as Chinese.

IF the next new album features those songs, it wouldn't be so far fetched to put out Chinese properly around the same time in my opinion. For the fans! Not for the fucking media to dissect and spew bullshit over.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrfan1797
« Reply #416 on: August 20, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »

Axl is gonna do whats Axl wants to do, just like always. That isn't a bad thing it's just the way he is. I am perfectly happy with whatever comes out. If anyone on here thinks they can do better, then you go make a cd and sell millions of copys.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #417 on: August 20, 2012, 11:56:39 PM »

Also, bear in mind the fact that many of the song titles we know about, are from the same era as Chinese.

IF the next new album features those songs, it wouldn't be so far fetched to put out Chinese properly around the same time in my opinion. For the fans! Not for the fucking media to dissect and spew bullshit over.

/jarmo

Agreed.  In fact, a rerelease of Chinese with the correct liner notes and artwork to coincide with CD2 would be pretty spectacular in my opinion.   I just hope we end up getting both sooner than later.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #418 on: August 21, 2012, 01:27:17 AM »

Alright, musically how far was CD away from what Axl envisioned? Or was the music just fine it was simply the artwork and liner notes? it's been so long I can't remember what Axl said now.

I'd quite like to hear Brian May's contribution to catcher.

Here today...ready to rock
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »

You must be delusional if you think one excludes the other.

If Axl wants to put out Chinese the way he envisioned it in the first place, doesn't mean it means the current band can't put out an album.

Why is that so hard to understand?

/jarmo

While it would be great for the fans I highly doubt that the label would rerelease CD. The way the record industry is nowadays as well as the economy leads me to believe that the label would be less likely to invest money in an album thats 4 years old that didnt quite live up to industry standards in terms of sales. They would probably be more likely to rerelease Appetite over CD. Thats why I think they should just record a new album and let CD rest. If the new album is a success then the ball will be in there court label wise. Then they can rerelease the album. Also, im not a fan of the idea of releasing or rerecording existing songs that didnt make it on CD. You have a kick ass band with great chemistry. Go in and capitalize on that and make a kick ass album. Alot of those leftover songs were made with people who are no longer in the band. I feel that bands play the material that they wrote together better. There is a passion in playing something you wrote as opposed to playing something someone else wrote.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: