Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680462 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #380 on: August 16, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

If a re-release would happen, and even if it only would be a re-release to have "Chinese Democracy" in my hands the way the band always wanted to have it released, I would get it. Just to see what original ideas were behind the artwork.
I think an artist should always have the right to have his art presented the way he wants it.

At what point does a re-release make sense to some of you: after a year, after 2, 5, 10, 20?!?!
Sometimes re-releases were pushed by record companies to make some extra cash, sometimes some bonus tracks were added, sometimes different mixing was done. And now maybe just a re-release because of the artwork. These are all legitimate reasons to have a re-release.

I just don't get all that negative crap here.
A possible re-release would never harm any future GNR release.
Let the artist put the stuff out the way he wants it - if he wants it.

It's not 'negative crap' to say you don't feel it's good value to rebuy a product that wasn't correctly released in the first place.

Of course, if it was marketed as an alternative release that might give it a different angle.

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #381 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

IF a re-release happens, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

Complaining about a hypothetical scenario seems kinda pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #382 on: August 16, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »

Maybe "negative crap" was a bit harsh in the first place.

Of course everyone has a different attitude towards these things. And I get your point.
And yes - maybe a kind of "Get the real deal - 'ChD' the way it was meant to be"-marketing would do it.

/jarmo

Exactly.
I don't wait for such a re-release, if it happens, I'll be happy. And if not, I won't be disappointed.

Would be cool though to see ChD the way it was intended to be.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #383 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:13 PM »

/jarmo

Speculating Is pretty pointless too, we've been doing that for years though.

No one has said anything about forcing fans to rebuy however im sure the band would want a rerelease to be a success and for that reason it's healthy to know what their supporters (customers) think.

Anyway sorry, moving on...

I hope we get to hear new music soon!

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #384 on: August 16, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »

It's always the same with certain GN'R fans.

"I don't wanna buy something I know nothing about, but I'm assuming it's a bad idea and I'm not gonna buy it!"

"I'm not gonna go to the show, why would I wanna see my favorite band live in concert playing the songs I love? That sounds stupid!"

Well, that's not exact quotes. Just to give you an idea how silly some of the comments are.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: August 16, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »

If a re-release would happen, and even if it only would be a re-release to have "Chinese Democracy" in my hands the way the band always wanted to have it released, I would get it. Just to see what original ideas were behind the artwork.
I think an artist should always have the right to have his art presented the way he wants it.

At what point does a re-release make sense to some of you: after a year, after 2, 5, 10, 20?!?!
Sometimes re-releases were pushed by record companies to make some extra cash, sometimes some bonus tracks were added, sometimes different mixing was done. And now maybe just a re-release because of the artwork. These are all legitimate reasons to have a re-release.

I just don't get all that negative crap here.
A possible re-release would never harm any future GNR release.
Let the artist put the stuff out the way he wants it - if he wants it.

What part of people saying they wouldn't buy an album they already have to get different artwork and corrected liner notes "negative crap"Huh
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #386 on: August 16, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »

I think some of you are overanalyzing whether to buy or not to buy this hypothetical "re-release".  Its a fucking $10 CD, not a house or a car, if you buy it great, if you don't buy it who gives a shit?  I seriously doubt that any type of release would hold up the new record,  why would it?  I am a firm believer in art coming first, and if the record that came out is not the way that GNR wants it then they have every right to fix that.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #387 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »

Its a fucking $10 CD, not a house or a car, if you buy it great, if you don't buy it who gives a shit?  I seriously doubt that any type of release would hold up the new record,  why would it?  I am a firm believer in art coming first, and if the record that came out is not the way that GNR wants it then they have every right to fix that.

Absolutely spot on....   But then again nobody said otherwise....
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #388 on: August 16, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »

I think some of you are overanalyzing whether to buy or not to buy this hypothetical "re-release".  Its a fucking $10 CD, not a house or a car, if you buy it great, if you don't buy it who gives a shit?  I seriously doubt that any type of release would hold up the new record,  why would it?  I am a firm believer in art coming first, and if the record that came out is not the way that GNR wants it then they have every right to fix that.

Great post!
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »

We have a winner!  ok
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »

So a fan edition or re-release is potentially a possibility...and I think that's great...it's what the album deserves.

I just wonder what form the artwork will take, given that the Red Hand version has leaked online and also about 60% of the Grenade version (real?). Perhaps a mixture of the two? Who knows...

Reading the Axl chats I could be wrong but didn't he say that there was a cover B and C and then a version which was all artwork? So I suppose it could be that...

Wonder if it would include bonus tracks?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:17:26 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

"I don't wanna buy something I know nothing about, but I'm assuming it's a bad idea and I'm not gonna buy it!"

"I'm not gonna go to the show, why would I wanna see my favorite band live in concert playing the songs I love? That sounds stupid!"

Well, that's not exact quotes. Just to give you an idea how silly some of the comments are.

/jarmo

Exactly this...do other band have retarded fans like GNR?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
TOS--LOA
Headliner

But I love the swing-set..

« Reply #392 on: August 17, 2012, 12:34:29 AM »

I don't know. What other bands do you like?   Shocked
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #393 on: August 17, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »

I don't know. What other bands do you like?   Shocked

Not many...

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #394 on: August 17, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »

/jarmo

Exactly this...do other band have retarded fans like GNR?

we are no different than any other fan of any other band.  Most fans just want to hear new music from their favorite band.  As a fan, you get the right to voice opinions, sometimes your favorite band does things you dont agree with.  Its not that big of a deal, although some on this board act like you are talking against your GOD if you dont agree with 100% of the nugnr plans.  Example: I personally believe a re-release of chinese with different artwork is pointless.  I already have the songs, and if their is nothing new at all, why would i buy the same CD again?  BAD IDEA.  Gnr playing 12 shows in vegas, GOOD IDEA.  you see, i am just as big a fan as anyone else on this board, but i have my own opinions and if we cant discuss them on a message board, than why have a message board?HuhHuhHuh??
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:31:45 AM by freddiebrph » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »

I don't feel like going back to find the original post I was basing my replys off of, but I based them on the hypothetical brought up of rereleasing the album to fix some distortion issues and artwork. If that's the plan, then that's great news for the select few fans in the world that care enough about the artwork that they'll buy the record over again. Just not enough to get me excited, that's all.

I originally thought it was a joke when I read about the possibility of a re-release.
Axl had 15 years to get his "vision" presented the way he wanted to. You can say it doesn't have to be one or the other, but Guns N' Roses has not shown me anything that would lead me to believe they are capable of anything resembling multi tasking. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

Again, if there were demos, or stripped down versions, unreleased tracks, cool, I'd most likely let go of some coin for that.

It's not complaining, it's voicing opinions. Let's face it, if we didn't discuss hypotheticals, there wouldn't be much to discuss as GN'R fans.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #396 on: August 17, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »

I originally thought it was a joke when I read about the possibility of a re-release.

I don't really know if that IS a possibility. I doubt whether anyone here has heard anyone in the Gn'R camp talk about it. It was just some board-member here who brought it up, and it's just got that snowball effect afterwards.

Remember everybody. This is a rumor/speculation thread, so bashing Gn'R for something they haven't done yet is kinda lame...

Still think it's a good idea though  yes

Tommy recording while touring is one example of multi-tasking LongGoneDay. They are capable  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #397 on: August 17, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »

Example: I personally believe a re-release of chinese with different artwork is pointless.  I already have the songs, and if their is nothing new at all, why would i buy the same CD again?  BAD IDEA.  Gnr playing 12 shows in vegas, GOOD IDEA.  you see, i am just as big a fan as anyone else on this board, but i have my own opinions and if we cant discuss them on a message board, than why have a message board?HuhHuhHuh??

Do you think putting songs you already own on a new release and putting it out is a good idea?

Apparently, millions of people thought it was.

That's the thing, just because it's a bad idea to you, or just not for you for whatever reason, doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

The problem is that those of you who generally think most things about GN'R are bad are often very vocal about it. Of course it gets you attention when you go on fan sites to complain. That's easy to figure out.

Due to that, some people might get the idea that this little clique speaks for all GN'R fans. Which isn't the case.

For example: We can read posts complaining about a certain show's set list, when in reality those of us who were at the show, saw thousands of people have a great fucking time. On top of that, if somebody goes online to read about GN'R shows and sees that kind of posts, without knowing these people didn't even attend, you might get the idea that GN'R fans don't like the shows!

How stupid is that? What's the point? To get attention to yourself?

If somebody asked you for constructive criticism or feedback on something, that's different. But to only whine about shit for the sake of getting attention...

/jarmo

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »

Example: I personally believe a re-release of chinese with different artwork is pointless.  I already have the songs, and if their is nothing new at all, why would i buy the same CD again?  BAD IDEA.  Gnr playing 12 shows in vegas, GOOD IDEA.  you see, i am just as big a fan as anyone else on this board, but i have my own opinions and if we cant discuss them on a message board, than why have a message board?HuhHuhHuh??

Do you think putting songs you already own on a new release and putting it out is a good idea?

Apparently, millions of people thought it was.

That's the thing, just because it's a bad idea to you, or just not for you for whatever reason, doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

The problem is that those of you who generally think most things about GN'R are bad are often very vocal about it. Of course it gets you attention when you go on fan sites to complain. That's easy to figure out.

Due to that, some people might get the idea that this little clique speaks for all GN'R fans. Which isn't the case.

For example: We can read posts complaining about a certain show's set list, when in reality those of us who were at the show, saw thousands of people have a great fucking time. On top of that, if somebody goes online to read about GN'R shows and sees that kind of posts, without knowing these people didn't even attend, you might get the idea that GN'R fans don't like the shows!

How stupid is that? What's the point? To get attention to yourself?

If somebody asked you for constructive criticism or feedback on something, that's different. But to only whine about shit for the sake of getting attention...

/jarmo

correct, but no where in MY post did i whine or complain about anything.  AGAIN, i just gave an opinion.  I see what you mean, some idiots do come on here and slam the new band as much as they can.  But to respond everytime someone politly say they disagree with a decision the band makes by calling them whiners or complainers is ridiculous. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #399 on: August 17, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »

i see in alot posts that people want the album to be released .. "as it was meant to be..."

what does that mean... with the cover that Axl originally wanted to use?

I mean does that really matter to people..... that they ahve to go buy or want to go buy it with the intended artwork ?

as a fan of Axl.... id want new songs...not re released ones....

i would think that should be everybodys thought process.....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: