Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680438 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #360 on: August 14, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »

I personally believe a re-release of a proper Chinese Democracy edition FOR THE FANS could be amazing. Right before or to coincide with a new GN'R release.

/jarmo

QFT

Man if this were to happen I would be one fuckin happy mutha fucka!!!!

One of the best albums in the history of music, as it was MEANT to be released followed by chapter 2!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:32:57 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #361 on: August 14, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »

I think you could re-release CD without some huge media blitz shoving it in people faces. Put it out there with intended artwork and everything and the hardcore fans will notice. Lots of things get re-released with some bonuses thrown in.

I agree with you, that I would be fine with.  It should be billed as a 'deluxe' version or something along those lines.  Slash did that with his first solo album.  The album was released in April 2010 and a deluxe version came out in September 2010.  I think the word re-release is what bothers me.  If nothing new is being added except for new artwork or 'remastering' then no thanks.  But if more tracks, videos, etc. are being included the second time around then I say bring it on. 
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #362 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »

Hope this adds to the stats, but I would personally repurchase a re-release version of CD (with alternate artwork and a couple of bonus tracks). Also, I think a re-release is a good idea especially if it is done within the context of the next album.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #363 on: August 14, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »

I think you could re-release CD without some huge media blitz shoving it in people faces. Put it out there with intended artwork and everything and the hardcore fans will notice. Lots of things get re-released with some bonuses thrown in.

I agree with you, that I would be fine with.  It should be billed as a 'deluxe' version or something along those lines.  Slash did that with his first solo album.  The album was released in April 2010 and a deluxe version came out in September 2010.  I think the word re-release is what bothers me.  If nothing new is being added except for new artwork or 'remastering' then no thanks.  But if more tracks, videos, etc. are being included the second time around then I say bring it on. 
That's the thing.  I think we'd have to wait and see what a "re-release" would actually entail before we label it the worst decision in the history of music like some seem so eager to do.

And while I am in full agreement that I'd much rather hear new music at this point, it's not always about what we as consumers want.  If Axl still feels strongly about "his art" and that it didn't get the proper rollout it deserved, then by all means he has the right to try and correct that.  It doesn't really matter how ridiculous some might think that is.  You go spend 14 years of your life creating something near and dear to your heart only to see it mishandled in the end and tell me how easy it is for you to close that chapter and start anew.  

Also, I echo the sentiments, a re-release doesn't mean new music can't come out or will be delayed any further.  Let's be honest.  Does it appear new music is coming out anytime soon as it is?  I mean we don't know anything for sure, but it's not like a new album was about to be mixed and then all of a sudden they have to stop what they're doing to focus on a re-release.  In the end, it may actually make getting another album out to the masses MORE likely.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »

Jarmo... After Nevermind, Nirvana released Incesticide, In Utero, 3 live albums, 1 cd of unreleased songs and 1 box set with more unreleased songs and other takes... Finally after all that... on it's 20th anniversary they released Nevermind in various special editions...

As far as the usernames again... i think it's common sense, if you're banned from a website and you wanna continue to post on it, you create a new username.... what you were saying though, was a completely different thing... you said i hide behind a username... if that was true i wouldn't have told you my usernames, but again that was a nice way to run away from the subject.. boring...

As far as Chinese Democracy...it's 4 years old went from selling 4 million to be at sale for 2.99...has the whole baggage of bullshit we know... it's still a great album... but a re-release? why? again... you re-release an album to get a few more thank yous and a different cover?? it's suicide...

Yes, i'm a reunion guy, but again you chose to run away from the part where i said: I like the new band as well, and i'm excited about the prospect of a new album...i know you like to target the people that would like to have a reunion, but either you didn't read it well or you missed my point completely

Yes i have met the band outside the venue...i'm not talking shit about the new band just because i like the old band better... i like the new members...

Anyways it's not worth "fighting" over this...

These are my two cents on the subject. A new album would be great for the new band, a re-release of CD now would be damaging.

Now Jarmo, if you had a re-release of CD coinciding with a new album, then.. that would be a different story, because u would have new material as well and people wouldn't be left with the same album and the same music...that's a completely different story...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:11:52 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #365 on: August 15, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »

Jarmo... After Nevermind, Nirvana released Incesticide, In Utero, 3 live albums, 1 cd of unreleased songs and 1 box set with more unreleased songs and other takes... Finally after all that... on it's 20th anniversary they released Nevermind in various special editions...

As far as Chinese Democracy...it's 4 years old went from selling 4 million to be at sale for 2.99...has the whole baggage of bullshit we know... it's still a great album... but a re-release? why? again... you re-release an album to get a few more thank yous and a different cover?? it's suicide...

These are my two cents on the subject. A new album would be great for the new band, a re-release of CD now would be damaging.
It's simple really.  "Chinese Democracy" wasn't released as the artist saw fit, "Nevermind" was.  Axl has every right to roll the thing out again in the proper manner.  It's his art, his decision.

And how do you know a re-release would just include a few more thank yous and a different cover?  Again, wait to see what it would include before you deem it career suicide.  Seems premature to say the least.

A re-release doesn't prevent new music from coming out.  Obviously we all would love to hear a NEW album, but why does it have to be one or the other?  Save me the, "this band will never recover from a re-release.  They will be laughed out of the music business" reply.  Because that again, seems a bit dramatic.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #366 on: August 15, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »

Seriously?

Read what you originally said.

I merely pointed out to you that artists do put out new versions of their most recent releases, before they have released six to seven new studio releases after said release.

As far as the usernames again... i think it's common sense, if you're banned from a website and you wanna continue to post on it, you create a new username.... what you were saying though, was a completely different thing... you said i hide behind a username... if that was true i wouldn't have told you my usernames, but again that was a nice way to run away from the subject.. boring...

Oh, of course.

But in reality you weren't banned from all those sites, yet your name wasn't constant. Go figure.  ok

It's pretty handy for somebody who wants to be somebody else on other sites though, wouldn't you say?

How the fuck do you know what a re-release would be like?

You do what a lot of wanna be GN'R Internet Insiders do. Assume.

"Oh it's gonna be bad", "it's gonna suck", "I'm not buying it", "They'll cancel" blah blah blah. Day in and day out, the same fucking pointless drivel by people who really have no clue but like to feel important and "respected" by strangers on the Internet.

Reading posts by fans like yourself for the last three or so years makes you wonder if it's 2005 all over again. Now that was a great time for you guys because you had so many shows and setlists to complain about!

Tongue

Yes, i'm a reunion guy, but again you chose to run away from the part where i said: I like the new band as well, and i'm excited about the prospect of a new album...i know you like to target the people that would like to have a reunion, but either you didn't read it well or you missed my point completely

Didn't run away from anything.

Unlike you, I don't act different ways on different sites using different names.

Oops.  Lips Sealed

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: August 15, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »

I don't act different ways in different sites...

I used a different name on mygnr for example, because i was banned by Madison... yes that same Madison who Axl bashed.

My username Axlrosecalifornia is banned both at mygnr and chinesedemocracy forum... so i used a different one. Needless to say i posted pics of me with stuff i have of my collection to sell it, so everyone knew it was me... i don't hide from nobody... hey i even gave you real name... i think you lost your play there...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #368 on: August 15, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »

Let's just say, you don't fool me.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »

So... what's the big deal about using different usernames in different websites?

Personally i would like to use my nickname (GUNNER) everywhere ... but unfortunately, sometimes it is in use by other users.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »

So... what's the big deal about using different usernames in different websites?

Personally i would like to use my nickname (GUNNER) everywhere ... but unfortunately, sometimes it is in use by other users.

In some cases, you have no choice.

In other cases you do, but for some reason(s) you choose not to.

There's a difference.

/jarmo

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »

So...how about that next album? Tongue

Axl is God.
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #372 on: August 16, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »

Remember Seb Bach saying he asked Axl about The General and Axl said it will be out in 2012 , not looking likely at this moment , fingers crossed i guess.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #373 on: August 16, 2012, 01:06:35 PM »

Remember Seb Bach saying he asked Axl about The General and Axl said it will be out in 2012 , not looking likely at this moment , fingers crossed i guess.

Still 1/3 left of 2012 my friend  Smiley

New stuff, old stuff (as in re-release) or no stuff: the last 3rd's a Gunner 3rd  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #374 on: August 16, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »

But when did Sebastian say that? A few years ago? We all know how unpredictable things are in the GNR world.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #375 on: August 16, 2012, 01:26:59 PM »

A re-release would be kinda cool I suppose...  Hopefully with a bonus track or something though.  But if it's the same exact album with the "correct" artwork and liners, I don't know that I'd go buy it.  Seems if that happened, you should be able to "trade in" your current copy of CD for the re-release - it wasn't my choice for it to be released "incorrectly" the first time, why buy it twice?

But it is a matter of free will to buy or not buy ...  So it'd be kinda cool, but meh ...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #376 on: August 16, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »

Seems if that happened, you should be able to "trade in" your current copy of CD for the re-release - it wasn't my choice for it to be released "incorrectly" the first time, why buy it twice?

But it is a matter of free will to buy or not buy ...  So it'd be kinda cool, but meh ...

Totally agree, I'm not buying it all over again. They had literally years to get the artwork and all that together the first time. I remember I bought several copies for friends when it came out and even that seems kind of impulsive in hindsight. The geek behind the counter at Best Buy gave me a look like I had an extra limb growing out of my forehead.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #377 on: August 16, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »

I agree with bodine.

If there are tracks left over from the CD sessions release them under a CD rerelease to make it worth re-buying. And then move forward with fresh material from the new band.

Here today...ready to rock
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #378 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »

Seems if that happened, you should be able to "trade in" your current copy of CD for the re-release - it wasn't my choice for it to be released "incorrectly" the first time, why buy it twice?

Totally agree, I'm not buying it all over again. They had literally years to get the artwork and all that together the first time. I remember I bought several copies for friends when it came out and even that seems kind of impulsive in hindsight. The geek behind the counter at Best Buy gave me a look like I had an extra limb growing out of my forehead.

haha, totally relate !!^ Good comment.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #379 on: August 16, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »

If a re-release would happen, and even if it only would be a re-release to have "Chinese Democracy" in my hands the way the band always wanted to have it released, I would get it. Just to see what original ideas were behind the artwork.
I think an artist should always have the right to have his art presented the way he wants it.

At what point does a re-release make sense to some of you: after a year, after 2, 5, 10, 20?!?!
Sometimes re-releases were pushed by record companies to make some extra cash, sometimes some bonus tracks were added, sometimes different mixing was done. And now maybe just a re-release because of the artwork. These are all legitimate reasons to have a re-release.

I just don't get all that negative crap here.
A possible re-release would never harm any future GNR release.
Let the artist put the stuff out the way he wants it - if he wants it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: