Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680666 times)
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

lmao...i think the fans are just being polite here Jarmo, i'd say 98% would agree with Halo's logic over yours....i love your board but sometimes your comments are just so biased that its totally ridiculous.  Attacking Halo for his comments is laughable...it really is an honest view point/opinion shared by majority o"f guns fans. imo...weather you want to believe it or not, CD is old news, and people are not interested in a re-release. 

A local radio station here in ontario had a "olympic" "going for gold" type vote for fans to say which band needs to just give it up and retire....Kiss got the silver metal, guess who got gold ? i can' t even say it....but this was voting by fans ! on a classic rock radio station....really sad when your radio station growing up had GNR at number one every night on the "top 9 and 9" and then goes to this....A new album would change that, a re release would be the nail in the coffin..imo.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:19:30 PM by dont_damn_me » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2012, 04:47:23 PM »

I'm glad you have statistics to prove that 98% of GN'R fans support being a two faced flip flopping coward hiding behind multiple user names. Smiley

People are not interested in a re-release? Says who? You and two guys?

My point was all along was that whatever this Halowhatever character posts as his opinion, isn't any more valuable than anybody else's opinion.

If an artist thinks his/her art deserves to be re-released, it should be. No matter what two faced Internet keyboard warriors with too much free time, and too high opinions of themselves, think.

That's it!

You really think I'm that dumb? That I don't know 99.9% of GN'R fans would PREFER new unreleased material over a re-release? That's NOT THE POINT!

I'm only defending the right for an artist to do what they think is right without being crucified in advance by some people who are never happy to begin with. People who spend their own free time spreading negativity and work against the band.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:52:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #342 on: August 13, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »

Of course an artist has the right do do what they think is right, no one said they don't.....but because someone has an opinion that a re release is a bad thing isn't spreading negativity nor does it work against the band, quite the opposite if anything, we just want whats best for the fans and the band, and our opinion is that a re release without newer material on the way just reeks of a washed up band.

Green day is going to release three fuckin albums in a span of three months starting september, they will all prob be top of the charts, and i highly doubt CD 2 would even come close if it were re released around the same time.  I promoted CD to everyone when it first came out, i love it, but its a unique album that isn't going to please everyone. Its there now for anyone who is interested, i don't see how a re release changes anything ? !
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »

I'm glad you have statistics to prove that 98% of GN'R fans support being a two faced flip flopping coward hiding behind multiple user names. Smiley

People are not interested in a re-release? Says who? You and two guys?

My point was all along was that whatever this Halowhatever character posts as his opinion, isn't any more valuable than anybody else's opinion.

If an artist thinks his/her art deserves to be re-released, it should be. No matter what two faced Internet keyboard warriors with too much free time, and too high opinions of themselves, think.

That's it!

You really think I'm that dumb? That I don't know 99.9% of GN'R fans would PREFER new unreleased material over a re-release? That's NOT THE POINT!

I'm only defending the right for an artist to do what they think is right without being crucified in advance by some people who are never happy to begin with. People who spend their own free time spreading negativity and work against the band.

/jarmo

THAT!

ok ok ok

If it was up to me, I wouldn't re-release ChiDem instead of a new record. I'm talking in terms of "market priorities", because it wouldn't be a good idea. But then again, has GNR ever been a band that gives a fuck to what the market says?

I, as a fan, would rather have a new record instead of a re-release of Chinese. But who am I to say the band has no right to do so if they want to? Really? We bought Chinese Democracy but we only bought the copy of it; the album, what it represents, doesn't belong to any of us. It's not a shirt you buy and customize later. We're talking about a body of art here, and it belongs to the artists! If they want to see their art out there the way they meant to, it's their right to do so! If people doesn't like it, if the market doesn't like it...too bad! Get over it and move on with your life! Besides, I would LOVE to have A COPY OF THE CD in my hands just the way the band intended it to be, with proper artwork and stuff. Sometimes it's not only about the music, otherwise I would have bought the songs on iTunes and that would be it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »

Of course an artist has the right do do what they think is right, no one said they don't.....but because someone has an opinion that a re release is a bad thing isn't spreading negativity nor does it work against the band, quite the opposite if anything, we just want whats best for the fans and the band, and our opinion is that a re release without newer material on the way just reeks of a washed up band.

No, I'm saying this person who is so knowledgeable is the kind of person who likes to spend his time doing said things.

Knowing that, it makes his opinion less interesting to listen to!

Green day is going to release three fuckin albums in a span of three months starting september, they will all prob be top of the charts

That's awesome. Will it be any good?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2012, 05:37:54 PM »

lmao...i think the fans are just being polite here Jarmo, i'd say 98% would agree with Halo's logic over yours....i love your board but sometimes your comments are just so biased that its totally ridiculous.  Attacking Halo for his comments is laughable...it really is an honest view point/opinion shared by majority o"f guns fans. imo...weather you want to believe it or not, CD is old news, and people are not interested in a re-release. 

A local radio station here in ontario had a "olympic" "going for gold" type vote for fans to say which band needs to just give it up and retire....Kiss got the silver metal, guess who got gold ? i can' t even say it....but this was voting by fans ! on a classic rock radio station....really sad when your radio station growing up had GNR at number one every night on the "top 9 and 9" and then goes to this....A new album would change that, a re release would be the nail in the coffin..imo.

Biased. That's one thing that often comes along with being a fan. I am biased too. Of course. And that little radio-poll. It can't be fans who voted. Because a fan wouldn't throw shit at whatever he/she is fan of after four years of no release. That's a reason too pathetic. To be a fan of a band is a little more than "just" like their music in my brain.

A fan would also welcome a move like re-releasing CD if it helps to fulfill their vision of what CD was supposed to be, that may be different artwork, or whatever. Back up "your" band a little bit. Don't just expect to receive and receive. We know that the management situation weren't optimal in 2008, and the years prior to that. That may have played a part in the promotional, the reception and it may have played a part of the whole artwork thing. Now however, the situation is different. The band has had a shitload of concerts and they've got a new generation of fans. They've done it the hard way. Promoting themselves as a "new" band through touring, and by that way they've promoted CD. The hard way. Very little did come for free here. A re-release of an album I personally deserves more, is welcomed. It would surely create a new "storm" around it, and that can in fact turn out positive.

May sound kiss-ass or whatever in some people's ears. Or biased if you will. But I don't care  smoking

Since this is the "next album" speculation, I'll repeat myself from another thread. This whole Las Vegas party sounds like a brilliant chance to get some writing/jamming/recording-sessions  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »

CD was released four years ago. It's time to move away from it. Lets see what the current band can do.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2012, 11:47:30 PM »

Just went through this thread a bit, and I think Halo probably knows something about the new album or at least some recorded songs.  Hell, I know that GNR management approached in demand, North America's biggest PPV/VOD provider about a PPV concert to take place in Indianapolis the weekend of the Super Bowl this past year to be a sort of 'homecoming' for Axl and to coincide with the Super Bowl.  I am talking PPV on television like the 1992 Paris show, not the live streams that we ended up getting from Chicago.

Its not that unfathomable that an average joe can pick up information if they are eager for it and talk to the right people. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #348 on: August 14, 2012, 01:37:32 AM »

Green day is going to release three fuckin albums in a span of three months starting september, they will all prob be top of the charts

That's awesome. Will it be any good?

/jarmo

Can't really compare what Green Day does to GNR, its apples and oranges.  Green Day is a 3 piece pop/punk/rock band, whose songs and production are very stripped down compared to what GNR does.  I can see how their music comes together a lot faster than GNR's would.  That being said if it is anything like their last two records it should be very good, "American Idiot" is one of the best rock n roll records in the last 20 years IMO, its got it all, punk, blues, ballads, theatrics...etc. 

I can't believe that some of you are still saying  " well this other band does it like this"  when it comes to talking about GNR.  Haven't you guys learned that GNR are not like other bands?  The sooner you realize this the happier you will be.  Axl could decide tomorrow that he wants  a dance remix album with 15 versions of "If The World" on it instead of a new record, and that is what you are going to get.  Deal with it.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #349 on: August 14, 2012, 08:38:58 AM »

I really dunno where in my opinion i was two faced...or where in my opinion i was not nice to the band... but whatever...

As far as re-releases... yes whether you like it or not jarmo, other bands released other 5 or 6 albums or even more before a re-release of their "epic" album.

Rolling Stones, Lenny Kravitz, Ozzy, Beatles, Motley Crue, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix (Not himself but whoever owns his catalogue), etc etc etc... Want more?

As a matter of fact most of these artists re-released their albums like 10 to 20 years after they were released originally. And yes.. they did release other albums in between....everybody knows that...

Quite frankly GNR still has to grow as a band (the current version that is), still have to grow their catalogue, still have to write more new songs, new albums, do more tours etc...Re-releasing Chinese Democracy would be the most egotistical move in the history of Rock N' Roll...and the most hurtful one to the band itself...

You re-release an album when that same album is legendary... since when Chinese Democracy is legendary?...
I mean if you wanna call it legendary because of all the millions of dollars wasted and all the bullshit and garbage that came along with it... sure...there's no such album that comes close to the struggle that was Chinese Democracy...to both... the artist and the label...

And i know you're gonna pull the... "oh but Axl didn't get to put the artwork he desired, oh he didn't get to put a few thank yous that were missing, so this makes Chinese Democracy a special case"...please...

U wanna pay another 15 dollars to see a pussy filled with M n' ms? be my guest... (I'm kinda joking on this part, don't mean to offend the artist who did the painting or Axl, just thought it was funny to mention it)  hihi

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:05:51 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: August 14, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »

About the usernames thing... i don't hide from nobody... my ONLY username here is Halo69, I'm Axlrosecalifornia on Newgnr and Chinese Democracy forums, i'm AndreCC on Gunsnfnroses, and i also used the name Medievel on both MyGNR and Chinesedemocracy.com when i was banned... My real name is Andre Correia... what am i hiding?

My opinions are worth like anyone else i agree...

I'm a reunion supporter, i love the original Guns n'Roses band... i don't think any band will come close to it musically...i would prefer a reunion then having this new band...

With that said, there's no one that will replace the old members, BUT... I like this new band, i like the players envolved...Ashba and Bumblefoot are two of the nicest guys i met... in terms of band members i have had the opportunity to speak with.
I also liked Chinese Democracy, even though i'm well aware that you can't call it legendary...
And i'm also excited for the new releases that will eventually come, except for the re-release of Chinese Democracy...

I think i'm pretty clear on where i stand and where my opinions stand...don't think I'm hiding from anyone...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:57:21 AM by Halo69 » Logged

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #351 on: August 14, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »

I'm not sure how much sense it makes to re-release an album 4 years after it's debut for any band under any circumstance.
It makes less sense when you take into account we are talking about a band that has managed to put out exactly 1 album of original material since 1991. Do they have the right to do so? Of course. Would I have a problem with it? No. Would I buy it? Probably not.

If it contained unreleased tracks, or stripped down versions, I'd be interested in hearing those, so I'd probably be willing to download those off of itunes, but I think they have milked Chinese Democracy to death. It was time to move on a long, long time ago, and I think the majority of GN'R fans would agree.

I personally don't care what the media has to say about GN'R, but that is clearly a hot topic on these forums, and many people do.
Can you imagine the field day they would have if that was the next release? It would make it way too easy for them.
Guns N' Roses is back! Following up their 15 years in the making Chinese Democracy with......Chinese Democracy...

If it were released years and years from now it would probably sit better. Certainly shouldn't be the priority, now.
Axl is one of the only musicians left that I have any faith in creating good, original music. Hoping he proves me right sooner than later.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #352 on: August 14, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »

I'm not sure how much sense it makes to re-release an album 4 years after it's debut for any band under any circumstance.
It makes less sense when you take into account we are talking about a band that has managed to put out exactly 1 album of original material since 1991. Do they have the right to do so? Of course. Would I have a problem with it? No. Would I buy it? Probably not.

If it contained unreleased tracks, or stripped down versions, I'd be interested in hearing those, so I'd probably be willing to download those off of itunes, but I think they have milked Chinese Democracy to death. It was time to move on a long, long time ago, and I think the majority of GN'R fans would agree.

I personally don't care what the media has to say about GN'R, but that is clearly a hot topic on these forums, and many people do.
Can you imagine the field day they would have if that was the next release? It would make it way too easy for them.
Guns N' Roses is back! Following up their 15 years in the making Chinese Democracy with......Chinese Democracy...

If it were released years and years from now it would probably sit better. Certainly shouldn't be the priority, now.
Axl is one of the only musicians left that I have any faith in creating good, original music. Hoping he proves me right sooner than later.

Exactly...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #353 on: August 14, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »

As far as re-releases... yes whether you like it or not jarmo, other bands released other 5 or 6 albums or even more before a re-release of their "epic" album.

Rolling Stones, Lenny Kravitz, Ozzy, Beatles, Motley Crue, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix (Not himself but whoever owns his catalogue), etc etc etc... Want more?

And Nirvana's Nevermind came out in a box a while back. They didn't release five or six studio albums after it...

Did you ever see "tour editions" or "deluxe editions" of recently released albums?

You re-release an album when that same album is legendary... since when Chinese Democracy is legendary?...

Do you know what legendary even means?

leg?end?ar?y/ˈlejənˌderē/
Adjective:   

Of, described in, or based on legends.
Remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.

Fits perfectly.

I mean if you wanna call it legendary because of all the millions of dollars wasted and all the bullshit and garbage that came along with it... sure...there's no such album that comes close to the struggle that was Chinese Democracy...to both... the artist and the label...

What's this? Your own spin on things you know very little about?

About the usernames thing... i don't hide from nobody... my ONLY username here is Halo69, I'm Axlrosecalifornia on Newgnr and Chinese Democracy forums, i'm AndreCC on Gunsnfnroses, and i also used the name Medievel on both MyGNR and Chinesedemocracy.com when i was banned... My real name is Andre Correia... what am i hiding?

Considering you needed so many different names on different sites. What for?

Roll Eyes

I'm a reunion supporter

Enough said.

You and your quest for unreleased GN'R songs is sickening. Don't act like you're something else.

I'm always amazed to see how people act on the Internet while knowing some of these people are waiting outside the venues/hotels for the band.
Then they run home to post about how much the band sucks and they want a reunion....  rofl

If it contained unreleased tracks, or stripped down versions, I'd be interested in hearing those

There we go....

Suddenly a re-release would be more interesting.  hihi

I personally believe a re-release of a proper Chinese Democracy edition FOR THE FANS could be amazing. Right before or to coincide with a new GN'R release.

/jarmo

el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »

And Nirvana's Nevermind came out in a box a while back. They didn't release five or six studio albums after it...
Maybe you don't know but Nirvana isn't a active band and his lead singer is dead, so there's no wonder why they aren't release any new album before some re-release. As far I know Axl is still alive and GNR is still active and touring band (I have been this year on their show). There's a big difference.

I really like ChD and this is my fav  GNR's album, but I don't see the point to re-release this. Only to correct artwork?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »

Are physical copies of Chinese Democracy currently being pressed?  Seems like Best Buy no longer supplies it and Amazon only through independent sellers.  That alone is a damn good reason to re-release it now, and while they're at it, lets get it right this time.  That couldn't even be considered any type of cash grab considering limited options of buying it elsewhere. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »

I think it would be great if it is done well. If it was just re-realesed with different artwork I don't see the point, and can see the music press sinking their horrible teeth into it- if it was a package, perhaps with remixes and a bonus live at the o2 dvd or if it was released at the same time as a new release it would be amazing

... I'm guessing it is coming though as Jarmo is so up for it!   ok
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:48:28 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »

Maybe you don't know but Nirvana isn't a active band and his lead singer is dead, so there's no wonder why they aren't release any new album before some re-release. As far I know Axl is still alive and GNR is still active and touring band (I have been this year on their show). There's a big difference.

No, there's no difference. Bands can go periods without releasing albums, or stop releasing them altogether, for many reasons.

They disband due to a death like Nirvana, they go through line up changes, they disband, they have issues with their record company etc etc.

All are valid reasons for not being able to put out new albums!

I really like ChD and this is my fav  GNR's album, but I don't see the point to re-release this. Only to correct artwork?

I hope it was done to put it out as it was intended.

Are physical copies of Chinese Democracy currently being pressed?  Seems like Best Buy no longer supplies it and Amazon only through independent sellers.  That alone is a damn good reason to re-release it now, and while they're at it, lets get it right this time.  That couldn't even be considered any type of cash grab considering limited options of buying it elsewhere. 

Another reason.

You can't seem to find it in the USA through regular channels....

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »

I think you could re-release CD without some huge media blitz shoving it in people faces. Put it out there with intended artwork and everything and the hardcore fans will notice. Lots of things get re-released with some bonuses thrown in.

Also, I don't think re-releasing CD would take any time or effort away from new music or releasing what's still in the vaults. Neither one of those things was going to happen before the end of this year anyway.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »

I think that people read way too much into the concept of "re-release" an album. Its not like its the same as releasing a new album with fresh material. And its not like a re-release of Chinese Democracy means that GNR will tour 2 more years for the album, and that it will delay recording and studio time. Its more like to give the album a little kick in the ass.. A way to "get it out there" again, and maybe with some new tasty bonus like artwork, bonus tracks etc.

In GNR`s case it could also be a way to release it the way it "should" be in 2008.

I think the reason that people are "afraid" of the this concept, is because they think it will delay the next GNR album, and that the setlist on concerts will be the same the next 2 years.  But that does not have to be the case!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:54:15 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: