Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:32:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680756 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »

Re-release of Chinese? Didn't know that was a possibility until now.....Awesome!

I don't know if it's a possibility. I personally wish it is.

The album deserves it.

/jarmo

Don't really understand the point of re-releasing an album??

I understand the concept of re-releasing Chinese Democracy, but i dont know if the general public will.. I would love to have the new artwork, videos and stuff with from Chinese, but if there is some connection between the next album and CD, i think the connection between them would show of if a re-release came together with a a new cd.. i dont know.. time will tell.. that i DO know =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »

Re-release of Chinese? Didn't know that was a possibility until now.....Awesome!

I don't know if it's a possibility. I personally wish it is.

The album deserves it.

/jarmo

Don't really understand the point of re-releasing an album??

I understand the concept of re-releasing Chinese Democracy, but i dont know if the general public will.. I would love to have the new artwork, videos and stuff with from Chinese, but if there is some connection between the next album and CD, i think the connection between them would show of if a re-release came together with a a new cd.. i dont know.. time will tell.. that i DO know =)

I agree, I understand the concept as well, proper artwork etc..but the general public/ media will have no idea why that is happening and of course probably ridicule the band as per usual. 

Also if they were to reissue "CD" with the release of another album that would make the most sense.  It wouldn't seem like they are trying to cash in on 4 year old songs, they would be pushing a new record, and putting the old one out there for people who might not have gotten it the first time.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »

I agree, I understand the concept as well, proper artwork etc..but the general public/ media will have no idea why that is happening and of course probably ridicule the band as per usual. 

That's what I'm wondering as well. If it's done it needs to be very carefully managed. It's another thing whether anyone cares about what the media says but as it's very likely it will be received badly it needs some planning. Any publicity isn't always good and so on.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2012, 03:58:46 AM »

I don't think a re-release necessarily need to be combined with a new album. If they promote it as a "limited edition", or label it as a special for the fans, potential problem with sour critics from certain "fans" and other actors will be avoided smoothly Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2012, 07:21:37 AM »

Fan edition would be cool...couple extra bonus tracks would guarantee a re-purchase from shed loads of fans

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »

That's what I'm wondering as well. If it's done it needs to be very carefully managed. It's another thing whether anyone cares about what the media says but as it's very likely it will be received badly it needs some planning. Any publicity isn't always good and so on.

Yeah at this point I think all of us could care less what the media has to say.  But I would like their next record to get a fair shot, as in not having people turned off by it before it even comes out.  I think "CD" is one of the great rock records of all time and it was completely overlooked and ignored by a lot of people due to the media's bull shit.  Lots of people missed out on a great record because they formed opinions on what they thought of it before they even heard it.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »

Let's face it and be real...

It's been almost 4 years since Chinese Democracy was released. The album itself is a great album for any GNR fan and perhaps for a selected few of the general public.

Due to all the baggage that the record had... we can even consider the album was somewhat a success.

Again though.. it's been 4 years...

Axl would have made a great statement if the album was re-released 1 or 2 years later. Let's say Axl would do something kinda like Ozzy... and take out the current version of Chinese Democracy out of the market, and re-launch Chinese Democracy with the approved artwork, in 2009 or even early 2010, that would have been such a great statement...

In 2012, people are already thinking about a new album, people are hoping that Axl has moved on and he's working on new material. Let's say something is to be released in 2013 or 2014, and people are expecting a new album, but Axl decides to present the fans with the approved Chinese Democracy cd. Don't you think people would be very disappointed?? I mean i would...

The best thing Axl could do now is to release a new album to give some curriculum to his new band...releasing the same cd at this point, will not only hurt the band, but will also make people feel exhausted of Chinese Democracy and consequently exhausted of what this band has to offer. It's my opinion at least.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

how bout' just shut the fuck up and realize you don't know shit.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »

i always though a nice live version of sailing as a free mp3 would have been good...but with the inclusion of ashba a single would be kinda cool for all involved and so maybe they  should release a single with all the new guys on would be cool for them and keep fans going till next album Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2012, 05:25:11 PM »

rofl

Coming from you, that's just funny.

You and real are like oil and water.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #330 on: August 12, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »

It'd be pretty sweet to hear the tracks that didn't make it onto the album as an EP or something similar.

Off topic, does anyone know where I can find Axl's interview for That Metal Show? It seems to be the only episode in the shows history that cannot be found online!

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #331 on: August 12, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »

I would love to hear new music. With titles like Atlas Shrugged, Thyme, The General, Soul Monster and Down By The Ocean ..... I am willing to bet they would sound awesome ....

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: August 12, 2012, 08:29:49 PM »

rofl

/jarmo

Ok, I don't follow all the conversations between you both, but I can follow his reasoning in his previous reply. Not so funny IMO. But once again, most probably, there is a reason why you call it funny. Hope you don't have it with mine  Wink
To make a quick summary: I agree that re-releasing CD has no point, certainly if it's about the  fucking art! C'mon: it's the music that counts. I will use a popular word of this forum: 'Move on', CD has been released, lot of discussions were done, tours were done,... I would be more excited if something new would be released than a re-release with some other cover...fuck no. Make some good goddamn rock n' roll music and The Prez will be happy  hihi  peace
(and hopefully a million or 7 others also)  

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #333 on: August 12, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »

If you are being objective rather than trying to push an agenda I would have thought it would be hard to argue that the view put forward by Halo69 was anything but reasonable.

Prior to CD's release everyone that said why has this taken 10+ years was abused mercilessly and told that Axl had 3-4 albums ready to go. If CD is re-released by itself and no follow up after 4 years then it will look like it took Axl over a decade and millions to come up with one album and one album alone. I hope Guns N Roses can be viewed as a creative entity and one that writes, records and releases music and for that to happen they need to constantly move forward rather than re-release old music. It comes across like they have lost the hunger/inspiration to be a recording band if it takes a decade per album.

I would love to have the intended CD with artwork (to me some of the production on the CD that we got is a bit patchy...IRS sounds a bit Demoish compared to other tracks for example....If this is the case a fully realized version would be great). That said it would have to come with new music or immediately after new music is released.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »

If you are being objective rather than trying to push an agenda I would have thought it would be hard to argue that the view put forward by Halo69 was anything but reasonable.

Prior to CD's release everyone that said why has this taken 10+ years was abused mercilessly and told that Axl had 3-4 albums ready to go. If CD is re-released by itself and no follow up after 4 years then it will look like it took Axl over a decade and millions to come up with one album and one album alone. I hope Guns N Roses can be viewed as a creative entity and one that writes, records and releases music and for that to happen they need to constantly move forward rather than re-release old music. It comes across like they have lost the hunger/inspiration to be a recording band if it takes a decade per album.

I would love to have the intended CD with artwork (to me some of the production on the CD that we got is a bit patchy...IRS sounds a bit Demoish compared to other tracks for example....If this is the case a fully realized version would be great). That said it would have to come with new music or immediately after new music is released.

Great post! I mean you can't argue it really... what's the point of releasing the same album 4 or 5 years later... that would be so destructive to this band...

A new album should give them some curriculum and some credibility. They need that now. They need to be recognized as the band... and not just another couple of players who will be gone and replaced by other players in a few years.

They need to make a new album and show some creativity... to show people where they're heading... it's common sense i think...You can't argue with that... no matter what personal agenda you have with me Jarmo...

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »

rofl

/jarmo

Me and real are like Coca Cola and Lemon  ok

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »

rofl

/jarmo

Me and real are like Coca Cola and Lemon  ok

You take yourself too seriously. To see a two faced bullshit artist tell others to get real is somewhat amusing.

Since you're so real, how come artists are re-releasing their album DECADES after they were released?

Either with new packaging, new bonus tracks, remastered, remixed, in new formats or just for the hell of it.

Hell, Appetite For Destruction was re-released with new artwork before most soon-to-be fans knew the band and/or album existed!

There's nothing destructive or negative about putting out YOUR art the way you want it, for your fans to enjoy.

The only negative is the people like yourself who look for negativity in everything.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »

I'd rather wait for new music rather than a CD re-release.... I can understand re-releases say for ananniversary (20 years etc) but a few years later on just seems pointless and milking the cash-cow....
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »

I'd rather wait for new music rather than a CD re-release.... I can understand re-releases say for ananniversary (20 years etc) but a few years later on just seems pointless and milking the cash-cow....

There you have it Jarmo... i think the fans speak for itself...it's self explanatory.

You forgot to say that the ones who did do anniversary special re-releases, they have also released like 5 or 6 albums in between...which makes the re-release sound logic... that's not the case for GNR.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2012, 02:26:14 PM »

There you have it Jarmo... i think the fans speak for itself...it's self explanatory.

One person speaks for all fans?

Are you serious?

Notice how he said "I would RATHER wait...".

Well, he can wait and skip buying a re-release if it happens.

If it happened, those of you not wanting a re-release would not have to buy it and could focus on "waiting for the new album".

Simple as that.

Everybody wins!  ok

You forgot to say that the ones who did do anniversary special re-releases, they have also released like 5 or 6 albums in between...which makes the re-release sound logic... that's not the case for GNR.

No they haven't. Don't be silly.

Just because it's true in some cases doesn't mean it's true in all cases.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: